Sharing a dream

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Ado
captain of 100

Sharing a dream

Post by Ado »

I had a dream last night that I feel prompted to share. If you have thoughts on its interpretation, let me know!

I dreamt that my father in law (he is a nonmember of the church, but very active in his evangelical faith) came over to my house in the very early morning while I was still asleep. I was coming out of a deep sleep and struggling to wake up as he brought in a chicken and a small black goat into my room, muttered something about how he would come back and pick them up later, and then left. I was confused and still half asleep, and thought it was maybe a dream, so I laid back down and went to sleep.
When I woke up, I saw the two animals in my room and realized it was real. I went to grab my phone to call my father in law and question him about his animals when I noticed that they had vomited and defecated diarrhea all over the carpet in my room. I ran out of the room to grab towels and my carpet cleaner. When I came back, the chicken was gone. I never saw it for the rest of the dream. The black goat was wandering around like it was drunk or sick, still puking and diarrhea-ing everywhere near constantly. I felt overwhelmed and angry.
In the middle of all the mess, I got a text inviting me to my mother-in-laws house where one of her daughters was visiting. (Both very TBM.) I wanted to escape the mess in my house, so I confined the goat in my bedroom, locked the door, and texted my father in law that he needed to come and pick it up. I had been texting my husband about the situation as well. He said he had a lot going on at work and would be home later, and we could talk then.
When I got in my mother in laws house, my sister in law looked very bad... I don't know how else to say that. Her hair was falling out but she had tied what little was left into ridiculous little pony tails all over her head and put little bows on them. Her face was puffed up/swollen, and she tried to conceal it with too much makeup. She just looked awful and it startled me. But my other sisters in law and mother in law looked at me with a look that said "Keep your mouth shut, don't point it out." So I didn't. I saw her two kids and was interacting with them and playing with them when I noticed the black goat come into the room. I asked how in the world the goat got here when I had locked it in my room before I left. My mother in law tried changing the subject, tried to ignore the goat. I freaked out and pointed out the mess being made. It was all over her house. There was no place that you could step without stepping in the goat's excrements. And yet everyone else in the house seemed unbothered by it, and more bothered by my own reaction to it. I got the feeling this was another goat in addition to the one at my house, and not the same one. I ran through the house screaming, trying to find my children so we could leave. My mother in law was following me, telling me not to worry about it. She just wanted me to sit and relax and ignore everything. I told her in no uncertain terms that I was leaving, and that I couldn't believe she was so comfortable with this animal and mess in her house.
When I got home, my father in law was there ushering the goat out of my house and apologizing. I had no way of cleaning the mess, felt like the place needed to be gutted and burned, and then I found myself walking with my kids into a new house. It was a small room with no windows and an old antenna television. It was dark and small, but it was clean. I made a comment that "daddy will join us as soon as he's off work." My kids turned the TV on and said "Mommy, look! There's a message for us." We sat down together and watched as a man on the screen held up pieces of paper with written words on them. The man only said something about how he was revealing my duty, then he began flipping through sheets of paper with new words on each page way too quickly so I couldn't read them all. I tried to find a way to pause it so I could read each new page, but I couldn't pause it. The same papers with words continued changing across the screen, and I saw that some were scripture references. The only thing I could remember clearly from all of the words were "love" and "dominion." Then I woke up.

I'm working on trying to understand what the dream was all about, and felt very prompted to share it. As I sat in bed pondering the dream, one scripture did come to mind:
But they also have erred through wine, and through strong drink are out of the way; the priest and the prophet have erred through strong drink, they are swallowed up of wine, they are out of the way through strong drink; they err in vision, they stumble in judgment. For all tables are full of vomit and filthiness, so that there is no place clean. - Isaiah 28:7-8
The feeling I had in the dream was that the mess was too overwhelming for me to even begin to clean, and there was no place to go to escape it all until the very end, and then I had to seclude myself and my children in a small room cut off from everything and everyone else to wait it out.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Re: Sharing a dream

Post by Atrasado »

That's quite interesting. There are signs all over the place. I think we might have a year or two left, but not more than that before heavy-duty tribulations start. God will finish drawing an X over the United States on April 8, 2024, with the second solar eclipse in 7 years. Seven is a very important number to God because it is the number of perfection. America was given seven more years to repent, and we haven't, yet. I think things will move fairly quickly once we reach April of next year. We'll see.