Random thoughts...

For non-mainstream, heterodoxical discussions. Request access to the Heretic Group here.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Random thoughts...

Post by Thinker »

Another Heretic Disclaimer, meaning this could easily be misinterpreted or misapplied. Acting respectful (aka loving in a general sense) is not necessarily because others “deserve it,” but rather because I want to be a respectful/loving person, as much as I humanly can.

An interesting interpretation of “love your enemies”…

“If I want to love poisonous snakes, then my only job is to learn about them and to understand them. If I want to handle poisonous snakes then I need to accept the nature of the creature and do my best to minimise harm. I have no desire to handle poisonous snakes :-) my desire is to stay away from them and that is love in this instance. I leave that to the snake handlers who have spent time understanding them the most.

In regards to human enemies however, who are not snakes but people...
My own inner loving God, as a loving parent of my inner self would tell their child to stay away from bullies. It is also not mandatory for me to like everyone, doesn't matter how enlightened I become, if I am allergic to or do not prefer oranges, I don't have to eat them.”

We may be almost forced to interact with people who have shown a pattern of harmful behavior. Maybe the ultimate ideal goal is to be as sunlight - able to shine on all without being polluted. Until then, as imperfect works-in-progress, boundaries are essential for keeping the greatest commandments in harmony.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Thinker wrote: May 20th, 2023, 3:50 pm
nightlight wrote: May 14th, 2023, 12:48 am You'll find that those who think they can repent without the blood of the Lamb also think their nature is not a sinful state…
The God I believe in considers blood from human sacrifice and scapegoating EVIL.

It seems to be the way of reality that few are chosen… from only 1 out of 200 million sperm… to this earth that seems like the only life-sustaining planet for light years around.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, & broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, & many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, & narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, & few there be that find it. - Christ

“Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, & aspire to the honors of men…” - D&C 121:34-35

People who go along with evil false traditions like blood from human sacrifice as needed to be good to God - are part of the massive herds that go through the wide gate, aspiring to honors of men. If they really cared most what God thinks, they’d quickly see how evil human sacrifice scapegoating is. But alas, it would make them feel unpopular, going against such a massive peer pressured herd mentality. So they take the easier way where the masses herd practically carries them along in their unthinking stampede.

Would a perfect God ask us to accept the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty or is that something that a Satan would ask us to do?
I think only a Satan would be that immoral.

Another reason why some buy into this human sacrifice scapegoating LIE, is because they cannot handle the paradox of God creating us perfectly imperfect… and the constant challenge to accept our inherent imperfection while striving to improve.
The masses are against Jesus Christ of Nazareth.

The lie is in your words

The masses lean to their own understanding. They make God in their own image, believing their fallen nature is clean

You have this false idea that you're in the minority, maybe cuz you live in the Utah bubble... idk, but you're definitely not.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

nightlight wrote: May 20th, 2023, 6:12 pm
nightlight wrote: May 14th, 2023, 12:48 am You'll find that those who think they can repent without the blood of the Lamb also think their nature is not a sinful state…
The God I believe in considers blood from human sacrifice and scapegoating EVIL.

It seems to be the way of reality that few are chosen… from only 1 out of 200 million sperm… to this earth that seems like the only life-sustaining planet for light years around.

“Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, & broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, & many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, & narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, & few there be that find it. - Christ

“Behold, there are many called, but few are chosen. And why are they not chosen? Because their hearts are set so much upon the things of this world, & aspire to the honors of men…” - D&C 121:34-35

People who go along with evil false traditions like blood from human sacrifice as needed to be good to God - are part of the massive herds that go through the wide gate, aspiring to honors of men. If they really cared most what God thinks, they’d quickly see how evil human sacrifice scapegoating is. But alas, it would make them feel unpopular, going against such a massive peer pressured herd mentality. So they take the easier way where the masses herd practically carries them along in their unthinking stampede.

Would a perfect God ask us to accept the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty or is that something that a Satan would ask us to do?

Another reason why some buy into this human sacrifice scapegoating LIE, is because they cannot handle the paradox of God creating us perfectly imperfect… and the constant challenge to accept our inherent imperfection while striving to improve.

The lie is in your words

The masses lean to their own understanding. They make God in their own image, believing their fallen nature is clean

You have this false idea that you're in the minority, maybe cuz you live in the Utah bubble... idk, but you're definitely not.
Seriously? You REALLY think Christians -who subscribe to human sacrifice scapegoating - are the minority? The murdering Crusade campaigns had a major effect in making Christianity the #1 most popular religion in the world, & it’s projected to be such into the future…

How many people do you know who believe in Christ without believing Saul’s/Constantine’s/Eusebius’s corrupting of Christ (ie human sacrifice scapegoating)? Please, if you know anyone, send them my way so I feel less alone.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Thinker wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:41 pm

The lie is in your words

Seriously? You REALLY think Christians -who subscribe to human sacrifice scapegoating - are the minority? The murdering Crusade campaigns had a major effect in making Christianity the #1 most popular religion in the world, & it’s projected to be such into the future…

How many people do you know who believe in Christ without believing Saul’s/Constantine’s/Eusebius’s corrupting of Christ (ie human sacrifice scapegoating)? Please, if you know anyone, send them my way so I feel less alone.
How many people do I know who make up their own religion?

Lol plenty.... A lot more than actual Christians

Your religious view isn't unique

"My Christ is what I THINK "

It's a dime a dozen.

Take your religion and replace the word Christ for "universe".
Every NewAger and their dog thinks like this...."Christ Conscious"

But Jesus Christ of Nazareth...as the years go by, He's hated more and more and more ... Along with his white male followers

The "masses"? The "crusades"? 😂 lmao

"Satan isn't a real person, Jesus Christ isn't risen"........

You echo the world

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

so on this random thoughts page, I will say that I don't understand my wife! I wanted her to feel special, Mother's day last week, we did little Mother's at church and she got all beautiful and dressed up (got 2 lessons on ministering). I told she was beautiful and a real trophy. She said she didn't want to be a trophy wife. I said that it was too late as she is, and I'm proud to be seen with her. It didn't matter what I said after that as she was offended in being "trophy" which I thought was a compliment.

so, to make things better and let off the pressure, I explained that in today's world, everyone that participates gets to bring home a trophy. so really she is like a "participation trophy" and not special at all!

Not sure why that didn't make everything better?

LOL.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

TheDuke wrote: May 21st, 2023, 5:48 pm so on this random thoughts page, I will say that I don't understand my wife! I wanted her to feel special, Mother's day last week, we did little Mother's at church and she got all beautiful and dressed up (got 2 lessons on ministering). I told she was beautiful and a real trophy. She said she didn't want to be a trophy wife. I said that it was too late as she is, and I'm proud to be seen with her. It didn't matter what I said after that as she was offended in being "trophy" which I thought was a compliment.

so, to make things better and let off the pressure, I explained that in today's world, everyone that participates gets to bring home a trophy. so really she is like a "participation trophy" and not special at all!

LOL.
Lol out of the frying pan....

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

TheDuke wrote: May 21st, 2023, 5:48 pm so on this random thoughts page, I will say that I don't understand my wife! I wanted her to feel special, Mother's day last week, we did little Mother's at church and she got all beautiful and dressed up (got 2 lessons on ministering). I told she was beautiful and a real trophy. She said she didn't want to be a trophy wife. I said that it was too late as she is, and I'm proud to be seen with her. It didn't matter what I said after that as she was offended in being "trophy" which I thought was a compliment.

LOL.
Hahaha😂😂😂

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

nightlight wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:06 pm…Your religious view isn't unique

"My Christ is what I THINK "…
No 2 people think alike. Our thoughts are even more unique than our fingerprints.

Nevermind.
Arguing with you always brings me down.
You insist on projecting your made up & cemented ideas onto me. Please don’t respond here.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Thinker wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 1:18 pm
nightlight wrote: May 21st, 2023, 1:06 pm…Your religious view isn't unique

"My Christ is what I THINK "…
No 2 people think alike. Our thoughts are even more unique than our fingerprints.

Nevermind.
Arguing with you always brings me down.
You insist on projecting your made up & cemented ideas onto me. Please don’t respond here.
You quoted me first... telling me what I believe is evil.

You have no idea what it is to be a Christian, yet you insist on projecting your ignorant and cemented ideas onto my beliefs

If you don't want to talk to me..... simply do not quote me

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

LOL.
Does she have the symbol for gold (AU) in her name?

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

“Utah leads USA in mental illness & Ponzi schemes”

“I heard this old story before
With the people keeping calling for the metaphors
But, don't leave much up to the imagination
So I want to give this imagery back
But I know it ain't just so easy like that
So, I turn the page and read the story again and again and again
Sure seems the same with a different name
We're breaking and rebuilding, and we're growing always guessin'

Never knowing shocking but we're nothing
We're just moments
We're clever but we're clueless
We're just human
Amusing and confusing
We're tryin' but where is this all leading
We'll never know

It all happens so much faster
Than you can say a disaster
Want to take a time lapse and look at it back
We found the last one but maybe that's just the answer
That we're after but after all
We're just a bubble in a boiling pot
Just one breath in a chain of thought
The moment's just combusting
Feels certain but we'll never never know
Sure seems the same give it a different name
We're begging, and we're needing and we're trying and we're breathing

Never knowing shocking but we're nothing
We're just moments
We're clever but clueless
We're just human
Amusing and confusing
We're helping rebuilding and we're growing
Never know

Never know
Never know
Never know

Knock knock on a door to door
Tell you that the metaphors is better than yours

And you can either sink or swim
Things are looking pretty grim
If you don't believe in what feedin'
It's got no feeling so we'll read it again and again and again
Sure seems the same, so many different names
Our hearts are strong, our heads are weak, we'll always be competing

Never know we're shocking but we're nothing
We're just moments
We're clever but clueless
We're just human
Amusing and confusing
But the truth is, all we got's question
We'll never know
We'll never know
We'll never know
We'll never know”
🙏
https://youtu.be/nRZ0CsqVY4U

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Utah religion is special

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

This must be a sign of utah culture spreading plus the us militajry code of honor
Cruiserdude wrote: May 21st, 2023, 6:04 pm

LOL.
Hahaha😂😂😂

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

To thinker, the human sacrifice element is a thorn in body of god but it will be taken out in due time. Just got to do it without killing the host or destroying the faith of nations...

While you may feel lonely in this pov know that it is gaining steady growth.

People can criticize the new age much as their ancestoes did the 2nd coming.

The real apocalypse speaks in decrees. There is no debate.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 29th, 2023, 7:18 am To thinker, the human sacrifice element is a thorn in body of god but it will be taken out in due time. Just got to do it without killing the host or destroying the faith of nations...

Thank you. But I don’t see that pov growing. It seems that people take extremes - either they accept the entire Eusebius-Christian package with human sacrifice scapegoating… or they reject it, Christ & God. I think I know of only 1 other person who kind of believes in Christ without believing in human sacrifice scapegoating.

Some people on this thread got mad at me pointing to the evil of these beliefs. They’re shooting the messenger because those ugly evil human sacrifice scapegoating beliefs are indeed believed by the masses of Christianity. I’m not pointing to anyone specifically & saying they are bad. I’m simply saying that Christ & all that is good is not supportive of human sacrifice scapegoating. It’s not that hard to realize - except the massive indoctrination that began with Saul, Eusebius & other liars.

I realize the tendency to barely handle hard truths, line upon line, here a little, there a little. But I also see growth by leaps and bounds, when one is ready & genuinely hungering & thirsting after truth & righteousness. And we are in the midst of spiritual warfare - where evil is made to look good & vice versa. The epitome of evil is shifting responsibility to make an innocent person suffer & pay instead. That sums up human sacrifice scapegoating - the anti-Christ Christianity that is most popular worldwide. Deep down, people know this but they’re too scared to go against the masses & also not know what other popular false gods they could cling to if they let go.
Last edited by Thinker on May 29th, 2023, 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Most of em are not in religion per say and the ones that are do not like to fight onforums. Privately they are open to the concept.

The mass consciousness consensus dictates many behaviors. Even if you were anti wax most did not proclaim it jn 2019 2020 or 2021. It took a shift.

The more conflict there is on a thread the less the feminine energy is present and the more the holy spirit withdraws. The mother merely watches the crucifixion. She cannot stop it.

I think generally ur own attitude perpetuates the responses you get. Judging saul as lying merely perpetuates more victim vs victimizer consciousness. The victim then desires a savior to save them from the victimizer.

If you wish to escape the cycle you will need to resolve the paradox loop.
Thinker wrote: May 29th, 2023, 9:59 am
Ymarsakar wrote: May 29th, 2023, 7:18 am To thinker, the human sacrifice element is a thorn in body of god but it will be taken out in due time. Just got to do it without killing the host or destroying the faith of nations...

Thank you. But I don’t see that pov growing. It seems that people take extremes - either they accept the entire Eusebius-Christian package with human sacrifice scapegoating… or they reject it, Christ & God. I think I know of only 1 other person who kind of believes in Christ without believing in human sacrifice scapegoating.

Some people on this thread got mad at me pointing to the evil of these beliefs. They’re shooting the messenger because those ugly evil human sacrifice scapegoating beliefs are indeed believed by the masses of Christianity. I’m not pointing to anyone specifically & saying they are bad. I’m simply saying that Christ & all that is good is not supportive of human sacrifice scapegoating. It’s not that hard to realize - except the massive indoctrination that began with Saul, Eusebius & other liars.

I realize the tendency to barely handle hard truths, line upon line, here a little, there a little. But I also see growth by leaps and bounds, when one is ready & genuinely hungering & thirsting after truth & righteousness. And we are in the midst of spiritual warfare - where evil is made to look good & vice versa. The epitome of evil is shifting responsibility to make an innocent person suffer & pay instead. That sums up human sacrifice scapegoating.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:07 am Most of em are not in religion per say and the ones that are do not like to fight onforums. Privately they are open to the concept.

The mass consciousness consensus dictates many behaviors. Even if you were anti wax most did not proclaim it jn 2019 2020 or 2021. It took a shift.

The more conflict there is on a thread the less the feminine energy is present and the more the holy spirit withdraws. The mother merely watches the crucifixion. She cannot stop it.

I think generally ur own attitude perpetuates the responses you get. Judging saul as lying merely perpetuates more victim vs victimizer consciousness. The victim then desires a savior to save them from the victimizer.

There are probably people out there who I’ll never know, who believe in the good of Christ without believing the evil nonsense added on later. Thomas Jefferson was probably 1.

Women tend to be much more verbal than men, so verbal conflict doesn’t necessarily reflect a lack of feminine energy. I kinda believe that there’s truth in Lord of the Rings symbolic Éowyn as only a woman could take down Witch-King of Angmar. Eg., The #1 US killer is abortion & that evil is more likely conquered by women, not men. And Jung theorizes that Job daring to “reason” with God was a turning point from the tyrannical male side of God to a more feminine, compassionate side of God.

Still, I know I can come across very blunt & could use sugar coating with getting points across. “You get more bees with honey than batting at the suckers.”

I am grateful & amazed at how far so many have come in seeing through cult lies. I guess I’m a bit impatient & want them to keep digging to realize there are even more truths under more lies. Probably out of selfishness to not feel so alone… But also this world would be so much better if each took responsibility - as much as they could -for their own screw-ups, rather than shifting responsibility to a human sacrifice scapegoat. I’ve noticed those who lean heavily on that dysfunctional dogma, tend to shift responsibility in other areas as well, contributing to hell (rather than Heaven) on earth.

It seems that this life is the time to repent - to be embarrassed by our weaknesses, be humbled & develop a growth mindset so we don’t cling to hidden subconscious weaknesses. There’s a chance to do this in the afterlife, but I imagine it’s much better to do it in this life in which we can do something to actively repent - to make it at-one as much as we can.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/do-we- ... dium=email

Here is an example of a proto atheist finding god after 2020. The hebrew god not the crucified man suffering from rome s tender mercies.

All of humanity sees that as something to emulate and look towards but it has not saved them. Obedience to roman law has condemned them to mrna mutation and zombie borg genesis.

I cannot convince them. Their life and death will convince. The life death and suffering of their chikdren and close relatives. How much is enough? The consensus collective decides. 1 billion? 3? Howbmany does it take to wake up from slavery.

Also i am not referring to ur manner but the power of magnetic attraction. Those of a violent attitude will draw violence to them. Those who wish for peace will create or attract peace. Look at the amish and anti lehi in bom. Cleaniness is next to godliness and peacefulness is up there with cleaniness.

Adopting the energy of outrage at the human sacrifice simply invites thisnuniverse tongive you more stuff to be outraged about. And that includes people on a forum. Your thoughts and intent create and manifest your life experience.

Just to be clear i consider jeshua my brother not my god. We do tend to have a god or gods in common above us. But the details dont matter. Jeshua needs help with the human flock and many volunteered to help rescue poor abused humanity. Many attempts failed and time paradox remained unbroken. Like a perpetual groundhog s day.

Perhaps it surprises people that the very gods they worship as divine can fail. To them failure is just an experience and precursor to succezs. They are eternal and relentless. They do not give up. Has even satan given up? Lol no. Fight on until the dying of their light.
Thinker wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:24 am
Ymarsakar wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:07 am Most of em are not in religion per say and the ones that are do not like to fight onforums. Privately they are open to the concept.

There are probably people out there who I’ll never know, who believe in the good of Christ without believing the evil nonsense added on later. Thomas Jefferson was probably 1.

Women tend to be much more verbal than men, so verbal conflict doesn’t necessarily reflect a lack of feminine energy. I kinda believe that there’s truth in Lord of the Rings symbolic Éowyn as only a woman could take down Witch-King of Angmar. Eg., The #1 US killer is abortion & that evil is more likely conquered by women, not men. And Jung theorizes that Job daring to “reason” with God was a turning point from the tyrannical male side of God to a more feminine, compassionate side of God.

Still, I know I can come across very blunt & could use sugar coating with getting points across. “You get more bees with honey than batting at the suckers.”

I am grateful & amazed at how far so many have come in seeing through cult lies. I guess I’m a bit impatient & want them to keep digging to realize there are even more truths under more lies. Probably out of selfishness to not feel so alone… But also this world would be so much better if each took responsibility - as much as they could -for their own screw-ups, rather than shifting responsibility to a human sacrifice scapegoat. I’ve noticed those who lean heavily on that dysfunctional dogma, tend to shift responsibility in other areas as well, contributing to hell (rather than Heaven) on earth.

It seems that this life is the time to repent - to be embarrassed by our weaknesses, be humbled & develop a growth mindset so we don’t cling to hidden subconscious weaknesses. There’s a chance to do this in the afterlife, but I imagine it’s much better to do it in this life in which we can do something to actively repent - to make it at-one as much as we can.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Ymarsakar wrote: May 29th, 2023, 10:48 am https://naomiwolf.substack.com/p/do-we- ... dium=email

Here is an example of a proto atheist finding god after 2020. The hebrew god not the crucified man suffering from rome s tender mercies.

All of humanity sees that as something to emulate and look towards but it has not saved them. Obedience to roman law has condemned them to mrna mutation and zombie borg genesis.

I cannot convince them. Their life and death will convince. The life death and suffering of their chikdren and close relatives. How much is enough? The consensus collective decides. 1 billion? 3? Howbmany does it take to wake up from slavery.

Also i am not referring to ur manner but the power of magnetic attraction. Those of a violent attitude will draw violence to them. Those who wish for peace will create or attract peace. Look at the amish and anti lehi in bom. Cleaniness is next to godliness and peacefulness is up there with cleaniness.

Adopting the energy of outrage at the human sacrifice simply invites thisnuniverse tongive you more stuff to be outraged about. And that includes people on a forum. Your thoughts and intent create and manifest your life experience.

Just to be clear i consider jeshua my brother not my god. We do tend to have a god or gods in common above us. But the details dont matter. Jeshua needs help with the human flock and many volunteered to help rescue poor abused humanity. Many attempts failed and time paradox remained unbroken. Like a perpetual groundhog s day.

Perhaps it surprises people that the very gods they worship as divine can fail. To them failure is just an experience and precursor to succezs. They are eternal and relentless. They do not give up. Has even satan given up? Lol no. Fight on until the dying of their light.
Sometimes I wonder if it weren’t for Judaism, what would religious majority look like?

I studied about the animal trials with the mRNA shots, & how they all died - just delayed & I tried warning loved ones but to no avail. Again, many got saline, but many got the poison. I began grieving, worrying that I may lose people I loved… & after 1 took a booster, he did go downhill from there & died soon after. Ironic that the (propaganda led) fear of death caused premature death. How many has this happened to or will happen to!

There’s truth in what you mentioned about magnetic attraction. Yet, we are in a spiritual battle, & going along with lies isn’t good. Sure, many people don’t know better (as I didn’t before) regarding Christian corruption, but those who know better seem morally obligated to shed light on that corruption so more people can find truth that they desperately need to live & love better. “Every member a missionary” is an ingrained idea that doesn’t disappear just because one learns more than approved lds dogma.

I see Christ as the great, ideal example which likely culminated into more than the original man. But it doesn’t matter - it’s an ideal we can look to. And that ideal doesn’t seek to be worshipped. Following Christ, we shouldn’t seek to be worshipped either. Christ & we point to a higher God.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Thinker wrote: May 21st, 2023, 12:41 pm

In recent weeks I am bumping up against some authoritative material that leads me to believe that even animal sacrifices in scripture were possibly figurative - not only symbolic, which of course is the case, but initially the sacrifice may not have even involved animals but was instead the sacrifice of the priest (individual) sacrificing his own animal instincts, with the bull and the ram in particular representing the base nature aspects of Taurus and Aries (Sexuality and Warlike nature) and that the burning away of that nature upon the altar was a "Sweet savor unto the Lord" - which if you think about it, makes a lot of sense, I mean I am all for the smell of a good BBQ, but I am sure the smell of us purifying away our own animal natures would be a lot more pleasing to God than meat smoke.

Even when and if animals were actually used, I'm convinced that it pointed to the inner sacrifice.

As I think about it, this even makes the Cain and Abel respective unacceptable and acceptable sacrifices make more sense.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Original_Intent wrote: May 30th, 2023, 5:10 pm In recent weeks I am bumping up against some authoritative material that leads me to believe that even animal sacrifices in scripture were possibly figurative - not only symbolic, which of course is the case, but initially the sacrifice may not have even involved animals but was instead the sacrifice of the priest (individual) sacrificing his own animal instincts, with the bull and the ram in particular representing the base nature aspects of Taurus and Aries (Sexuality and Warlike nature) and that the burning away of that nature upon the altar was a "Sweet savor unto the Lord" - which if you think about it, makes a lot of sense, I mean I am all for the smell of a good BBQ, but I am sure the smell of us purifying away our own animal natures would be a lot more pleasing to God than meat smoke.

Even when and if animals were actually used, I'm convinced that it pointed to the inner sacrifice.

As I think about it, this even makes the Cain and Abel respective unacceptable and acceptable sacrifices make more sense.
That’s a much better way of looking at it. Even if it’s a rare interpretation, it seems much more godly. Thanks.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Of course, many of us will always love & have some connection with the lds cult. Yet, many of us are learning to be FREE from dysfunctional lds cultish aspects.

On products may be advertised, “sugar-free, paraben free, etc.” So the 1st part of this forum suddenly took on new meaning… LDS-FREE!!!

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

This is a bit like a journal - that my kids & others have access to - who may benefit (or not 😆) at some point.

A somewhat rare thought that I want to express before I change my mind again…

Who gives a rip what we believe? What does it really matter in the big picture? Personally I pretty much don’t like & avoid jalapeños. Why would I get upset if someone else likes them? Granted, some herd mentalities can & do hurt people, but so many beliefs are not deal-breakers.

I want to create friendships that are like - or better than - family. Nobody’s perfect & nobody will believe the exact same way as I do on everything. How boring if otherwise! Of course it’s good to be selective in everything - life, time & energy are limited so they need to be invested well. Still, I am realizing that for pretty much everyone, there are some topics in which we need to agree to disagree.

What matters more is how we act. We may claim to be a jerk but act so godly or may claim to be so godly but act like a jerk. Actions speak louder than words.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Thinker wrote: July 11th, 2023, 10:54 am This is a bit like a journal - that my kids & others have access to - who may benefit (or not 😆) at some point.

A somewhat rare thought that I want to express before I change my mind again…

Who gives a rip what we believe? What does it really matter in the big picture? Personally I pretty much don’t like & avoid jalapeños. Why would I get upset if someone else likes them? Granted, some herd mentalities can & do hurt people, but so many beliefs are not deal-breakers. Strongly agree. I am prepared and expect to learn that I am wrong about a great many things. The important thing - to ME- is a sincere pursuit of truth. I have found so much in other belief systems that enhance my understanding of principles that most LDS would agree on, but I find it sad that most will not look outside of their own box because they feel like to do so would be a sin of some kind. The only belief systems that are deal-breakers for me are belief systems that try to coerce the minds of others. That mindset I see as an existential threat and one worthy of enmity.

I want to create friendships that are like - or better than - family. Nobody’s perfect & nobody will believe the exact same way as I do on everything. How boring if otherwise! Of course it’s good to be selective in everything - life, time & energy are limited so they need to be invested well. Still, I am realizing that for pretty much everyone, there are some topics in which we need to agree to disagree. I like that idea of friendships that are like, or even better than, family. I also like the idea of trying to build those kinds of relationships with family members. While taking into account your good thoughts above about no need to be identical, but also that we have limited time and energy, I quite like what C.S. Lewis had to say in "The Four Loves" about friendship.
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend. The rest of us know that though we can have erotic love and friendship for the same person yet in some ways nothing is less like a Friendship than a love-affair. Lovers are always talking to one another about their love; Friends hardly ever about their Friendship. Lovers are normally face to face, absorbed in each other; Friends, side by side, absorbed in some common interest. Above all, Eros (while it lasts) is necessarily between two only. But two, far from being the necessary number for Friendship, is not even the best. And the reason for this is important.
... In each of my friends there is something that only some other friend can fully bring out. By myself I am not large enough to call the whole man into activity; I want other lights than my own to show all his facets... Hence true Friendship is the least jealous of loves. Two friends delight to be joined by a third, and three by a fourth, if only the newcomer is qualified to become a real friend. They can then say, as the blessed souls say in Dante, 'Here comes one who will augment our loves.' For in this love 'to divide is not to take away.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Four Loves

What matters more is how we act. We may claim to be a jerk but act so godly or may claim to be so godly but act like a jerk. Actions speak louder than words. I would say at times I fit both of these. I feel that I am very chaotic in a sense. There are times that I feel I am "vibing" easily at 400 (reason) and other times that I might be as low as 50.
I don't want to appear "clique-ish", but while there are many here at LDSFF that I have some respect for, there are only a handful that I would really LIKE to have a true friendship with. Some I am intrigues with and definitely want to get to know better and might wish a friendship with in the future. But I definitely relate to the "limited time and energy" thought that you expressed above. I just don't want to waste time with people that are not somewhat oriented towards the same target as me.

I'm not going to name names as I would certainly forget one or more people and or feelings might be hurt. There are also probably some that might be surprised that they would be on a list of a dozen or so.

There is something to be said for having a tribe.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Thinker wrote: July 11th, 2023, 10:54 am I want to create friendships that are like - or better than - family. Nobody’s perfect & nobody will believe the exact same way as I do on everything. How boring if otherwise! Of course it’s good to be selective in everything - life, time & energy are limited so they need to be invested well. Still, I am realizing that for pretty much everyone, there are some topics in which we need to agree to disagree.

What matters more is how we act. We may claim to be a jerk but act so godly or may claim to be so godly but act like a jerk. Actions speak louder than words.
Yes, it's very obvious that there are some topics where people need to stop arguing (trying to convince others to believe their way posts without end), and agree to disagree.

I like this site because there is so much to learn - and it definitely is not an echo chamber. Sometimes, I come away feeling like I've just attended a very enlightening Sunday School class or sacrament meeting.