The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Peeps
captain of 1,000

Re: The Light After Death: My Journey To Heaven and Back (Vincent Tolman)

Post by Peeps »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 13th, 2023, 8:10 pm
Niemand wrote: April 13th, 2023, 8:06 pm
I really wish that he'd included this in the other shorter account.
Does it matter?He was intentional in making his experience open to all religions and theologies. And, by doing this, he weeds out those who hold strong prejudices. People will eventually come to the truth. I mean, just look at all of us having come out of the LDS paradigm. According to Vincent’s experience, nobody who holds to the “LDS is the only church” to bring you to God, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.

Yes! It DEFINITELY MATTERS!

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God. Thinking there are multiple paths, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Peeps wrote: April 14th, 2023, 2:20 am
Does it matter?He was intentional in making his experience open to all religions and theologies. And, by doing this, he weeds out those who hold strong prejudices. People will eventually come to the truth. I mean, just look at all of us having come out of the LDS paradigm. According to Vincent’s experience, nobody who holds to the “LDS is the only church” to bring you to God, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.

Yes! It DEFINITELY MATTERS!

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to God. Thinking there are multiple paths, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.

Does it matter in this context? That's my whole point. Of course he believes in Jesus and admits it. Before making a judgement on this, read or listen to what he said. In reality, the majority of the people in this world are like King Lamoni, they believe in a Great Spirit. He is teaching basic truths to a broader audience.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 13th, 2023, 2:49 pm I'm listening to another video from Vincent and he said something interesting. In his book, he was very intentional in leaving out distinct religious connotations so that people of all religions would be more comfortable reading his story. But, what he did say was that the way he "felt" or was "able to move" from Earth to Heaven, (the highway or energy) was Christ. Christ was the one who facilitated the ability to make this journey (there and back).
Does it matter? He was intentional in making his experience open to all religions and theologies. And, by doing this, he weeds out those who hold strong prejudices. People will eventually come to the truth. I mean, just look at all of us having come out of the LDS paradigm. According to Vincent’s experience, nobody who holds to the “LDS is the only church” to bring you to God, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.
If Christ is the way and the truth, then yes it does.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: April 14th, 2023, 5:07 pm

Does it matter? He was intentional in making his experience open to all religions and theologies. And, by doing this, he weeds out those who hold strong prejudices. People will eventually come to the truth. I mean, just look at all of us having come out of the LDS paradigm. According to Vincent’s experience, nobody who holds to the “LDS is the only church” to bring you to God, is the exact philosophy that will keep you away from God.
If Christ is the way and the truth, then yes it does.
I honestly think we are far more judgmental on this issue than Christ ever will be. He cares about how we treat each other. When we get beyond the veil I have a hunch he won't be so concerned about what we call Him. And, as I already said, Vincent has a very specific audience.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

God is much bigger and immense than all of the religions of the world. To believe that your religion is the only way to God is the very belief that will slow your progress toward God.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 18th, 2023, 8:30 pm God is much bigger and immense than all of the religions of the world. To believe that your religion is the only way to God is the very belief that will slow your progress toward God.
That itself is a big obstacle for many to work on. It’s difficult for many to see outside the box when they don’t yet realize they are inside a box, as explained in stage 3 on the left…

Fowler talks about how stage 3 (most members who insist their way is the only & highest way) tend to be condemning of stages above them, when really, others have moved on. Though, others in stage 4 can also get stuck in eg., questioning/agnosticism etc.

Personally, I’m working on figuring out when to defend truth & when to sit back & listen & give others the space & time to express ideas I disagree with but still respect their progress on their journey. Growing up & a lifetime of thinking, “there is only 1 way & all else is WRONG” takes some time & effort to overcome.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Bumping up this thread. I’ve been listening to his audio book chapters on my morning walks. The world could use much more of this kind of light. The insights I have gained have been quite profound. His chapter on “The Power of Creation” is so important. We are creators, patterned after The Creator. Our minds are one of the most amazing gifts given to us. God knows this and so does evil. When any person or organization tries to control your mind, they are controlling your very essence. Don’t allow outside influences to control you unless you check in with heaven first. Avoid negativity and be kind to others.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:24 am .... Avoid negativity and be kind to others.
I used to ridicule those who believed that a serious key part of the gospel could be as 'little' or 'insignificant' as this..... Boy was I mistaken and that's actually a HUGE part of loving God!

My eyes have been opened! I've seen the light! I'm a changed man! (it's funny but it's all so true😇😁)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Cruiserdude wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:51 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:24 am .... Avoid negativity and be kind to others.
I used to ridicule those who believed that a serious key part of the gospel could be as 'little' or 'insignificant' as this..... Boy was I mistaken and that's actually a HUGE part of loving God!

My eyes have been opened! I've seen the light! I'm a changed man! (it's funny but it's all so true😇😁)
He has a chapter on “Avoid negative influences.” Negativity feeds on itself. And that doesn’t mean we put our heads in the sand and deny that bad things happen or are happening, but I feel it has far more to do with how we react to bad things that happen. Much of what we read/listen to in the news is negative. Negativity sells. It’s quite titillating.

The opposite is also true. Positivity regenerates and builds, it adds light and inspires greater thought and action.

I, too, used to make fun of many people I considered “granolas” or “free spirits.” I think that a correct balance is needed. More love is needed in this world, and love, while kind, doesn’t believe or condone every behavior either.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Sorry, just picking up on this thread. I got to peruse page 1 so far. As to the scientific findings that when the brain gets caught shutting down, it tries to refire simulating the light & tunnel which NDEers share about. However, Dannion Brinkley shared that while that may be possible, it does not explain how he was able to describe each of the 3 doctors who did certain things in his heart operation, as well as the bet of one of the doctor' had concerning Dannion's death. Dannion went further by stating how was it he was able to see into other rooms & bring back details that only could have been done by physically going there. But yet, there he was, on the operating table (or his body).

Then in this page 6, I see the twist has to be if the person did not put my religion up there, then it's foul play. Sadly, most do not realize the need for organized religion. It is a "bridge" or "vehicle" to spirituality. It is spirituality that connects us with the ONE.

As you know, there are many ancient records that have been recorded, compiled & hidden up. They do not contain just the milk (religions & such), but the meat (the true purpose & spirituality), as well as the history of this planet & its future. One small set of records may come forth within the next year or so, which will take you back at least 12,000 years. After 2038, after the black dawn, the bright day brings forth at least 4 sets out of the 12 to 14 existing sets around this globe. The 4 set to be released are from the Egypt (Giza Plateau), Tibet-China (Temple of the Great Tau Cross), Yucatan/Oaxaca, Mexico (Hill Rabon aka Hill Cumorah-Ramah), and Atlantis (the originals, most of which are in the Temple of Ilta & its surrounding just off of Andros Island in the Tongue of the Ocean aka TOTO). It is possible for a glimpse into those records for a prelim look. Some will gladly accept, while others will simply refuse to accept.

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

Admittedly I haven’t watched this yet but I likely will…In the meantime, I have two general rules when evaluating the veracity of NDEs that comes from my experience of reading / researching dozens and dozens of NDEs.

1. There is an inverse relationship to the length of the experience and its veracity. In other words, the longer it is, the less likely it is true. That he has a longer version of his experience makes it suspect to me.

2. Sadly, LDS people w NDEs simply are less credible. There is usually a book deal and $ involved. I see he has a book. Strike two.

Ill watch it and see what I think.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

DesertWonderer2 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 11:18 pm Admittedly I haven’t watched this yet but I likely will…In the meantime, I have two general rules when evaluating the veracity of NDEs that comes from my experience of reading / researching dozens and dozens of NDEs.

1. There is an inverse relationship to the length of the experience and its veracity. In other words, the longer it is, the less likely it is true. That he has a longer version of his experience makes it suspect to me.

2. Sadly, LDS people w NDEs simply are less credible. There is usually a book deal and $ involved. I see he has a book. Strike two.

Hugh Nibley famously had an NDE. Though obviously he mainly kept the details to himself.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

DesertWonderer2 wrote: May 30th, 2023, 11:18 pm Admittedly I haven’t watched this yet but I likely will…In the meantime, I have two general rules when evaluating the veracity of NDEs that comes from my experience of reading / researching dozens and dozens of NDEs.

This same logic would call into question Joseph Smith’s spiritual experiences as well. He spoke longer or shorter based upon the audience and platform. The only reason there is a short version is because people have short attention spans.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Thinker wrote: April 19th, 2023, 3:08 am
Personally, I’m working on figuring out when to defend truth & when to sit back & listen & give others the space & time to express ideas I disagree with but still respect their progress on their journey. Growing up & a lifetime of thinking, “there is only 1 way & all else is WRONG” takes some time & effort to overcome.
Good points.

When a person says "they have one way and all else doesn't work", that would be much more convincing to me if they were healers, miracle doers on par with Jeshua or beyond, and have obtained nirvana/enlightenment/samadi/satori and are just, you know, superhuman, peculiar, unusual, something something. Give me something of an example of what your "path" leads to, other than posting memes on a forum.

If you can't give me that.... well, it is quite obvious what "your way" has produced in fruit.

The attitude just feels very infantile. Like the "my daddy will beat your daddy" school yard taunts and conflicts.

My daddy is more powerful than your daddy. My brother can beat up your brother. Notice they ain't taking any kind of personal responsibility here, it is always an external savior or authority that is doing stuff for them, cause they are babies.

Joseph Smith very quickly reached the sixth stage, I notice. He grew up fast, perhaps because his spirit was mature or his mentors the angels were also mature.

Humanity considers maturity mostly physical and mental. But discount the emotional and spiritual maturity standards. I see some 50+ year olds that have the emotional maturity of a 13 year old.

Hearing Vincent's account, no wonder he calls it death, because this is the resurrection stuff prophets talked about in the last days. It just doesn't fit people's preconceived mythologies. People have been looking forward to the Christ Resurrection for so long, that they have forgotten to see what is in front of their eyes.

https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.co ... han-these/
Jesus made the lame to walk, the mute to speak, the blind to see, the leper to be cleansed, and the dead to life! These are really great things, so what exactly did Jesus mean when He said, “whoever believes in me will also do the works that I do; and greater works than these will he do, because I am going to the Father” (John 14:12).
There is a veil clouding people's minds, the chains of Heyl-El or a mental shackle.

Greater than resurrection of others. If Jeshua is the only way, then it is easy for disciples of his way to show this truth. But if Jeshua is not the only way, and somebody else also does all this stuff....
Last edited by Ymarsakar on May 31st, 2023, 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 30th, 2023, 7:24 am We are creators, patterned after The Creator. Our minds are one of the most amazing gifts given to us. God knows this and so does evil. When any person or organization tries to control your mind, they are controlling your very essence. Don’t allow outside influences to control you unless you check in with heaven first. Avoid negativity and be kind to others.
Yes, although the term I and the new age use is "co-creator". To avoid the religious criticism that we are attempting to do the Lucifer Rebellion all over again by replacing God Almighty.

We are not here to replace God Almighty but to help the Creator create more "stuff" in a wise fashion. That makes it a multiplayer game, rather than what is commonly seen from Utah or the Vatican.

The sons help the family business and God ALmighty's family business is the Creation itself. The daughters have equal inheritance with the sons, which is something the ancients had a big problem accepting.

"I, too, used to make fun of many people I considered “granolas” or “free spirits.” I think that a correct balance is needed. More love is needed in this world, and love, while kind, doesn’t believe or condone every behavior either."

I used to dislike the Palestinians, make fun of the French to boost American exceptionalism, and be afraid of the Russians.

Now I protect the Palestinian hebrew remnant DNA, use French vehicles in war thunder and love it, and now are comrades with the Federation.

Time can indeed change the nature of a man. So can love, regret, or anything else really. The strongest are regrets, perhaps. The infamous question of the ages, What Can CHange the Nature of a Man?

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

I watched his account last night before bed.
But did not sleep well after.

I myself have been to what is called Hell, and to the other place as well, as part of the same trip.
There were no guides, as none are actually needed.
I have a book, written over around 5 years, then published 5 later, but the deal is that I paid many thousands of dollars to have it published. Maybe my childrens children will recoup the damages. 😆 I think I've given out more free copies than I have sold, and that's OK with me. I wrote mine down one year later. If I had not, I would scarcely remember anything but the fact it it happened. Everything fades over time, not the other way around regardless of what happened.

I watched his account last night before bed.
But did not sleep well after.
I wonder how Vincent does.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

ithink wrote: May 31st, 2023, 6:59 am I wonder how Vincent does.
Vincent, as well as many NDE people, often report that they have suicidal thoughts after having such an experience. The love and light they feel in that space are so exquisite that this world truly does feel like hell. They have an indescribable longing to return. For Vincent, this longing subsided and he was able to regain his desire to be here and learn through his mortal experience.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Vincent will be fine. Those that hear the words of their god will be covered. Bonus if they adhere to their divine missions too

THe infamous response quote sheet of the guides/angels.

We are not your god.

We are not Jeshua.

We are not your saviors.

We are not your messiah.

Stop falling on your hands and knees worshipping us, that is for the God Almighty above us all.
Last edited by Ymarsakar on May 31st, 2023, 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:25 pm Here’s a brief overview of the 10 points he learned during his experience:

1. Learn how to be truly authentic. To be yourself whomever you are around. In this life we see the most authentic people are the very young and the very old.

2. Fully understanding the reason we are here. The reason we are here is to learn. To learn, to create, to embody love.

3. Love everyone. Because we are here to learn how to love.

4. Listen to your inner voice. Listen to the built in conscience or direction from our Creator. We have a sacred connection to the Creator.

5. Using technology responsibility. If we are so distracted by our access to technology, then we will not hear that inner voice.

6. Release prejudice. Even prejudice toward prejudice people. We need to release this to understand that all creation is divine.

7. Exercise the power of creation. It begins w/ our thoughts > habits > actions > character > destiny…control your thoughts. Choose what goes in your holy temple.

8. Avoid negative influences. Recognize when there is negative energy and call upon God.

9. Understanding that there is a purpose to evil. For there to be an up, there needs to be a down. Without evil there is no good, without good there is no evil.

10. Know that we are all one. Each one of us are creations of the Creator. We each carry that golden spark. To harm any part of creation is to harm God and to harm ourselves.

This is not comprehensive BTW, there were many more things he learned.
Sounds like some hippy dippy baloney that leads to a lot of bigger malarkey when you try to follow it. Ask yourself if God follows these guidelines Him/Herself.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Pazooka wrote: May 31st, 2023, 9:30 am Sounds like some hippy dippy baloney that leads to a lot of bigger malarkey when you try to follow it. Ask yourself if God follows these guidelines Him/Herself.
Sounds like you have some things to work through.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 31st, 2023, 9:47 am
Pazooka wrote: May 31st, 2023, 9:30 am Sounds like some hippy dippy baloney that leads to a lot of bigger malarkey when you try to follow it. Ask yourself if God follows these guidelines Him/Herself.
She’s right though. Take “Learn how to be truly authentic.” What a New Age thing to say.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke wrote: May 31st, 2023, 9:53 am
She’s right though. Take “Learn how to be truly authentic.” What a New Age thing to say.
I work in graphic design. Rarely is there "new" design, it's often a new take on an old priciple. The same thing applies to "new age" philosophies. Being "truly authentic" is found all throughout scripture.

And yes, we can bend these ideas, but the way Vinny talks about it isn't some pot-head philosophy either. If you took the time to read what he's said, you'd hopefully quickly come to that realization.

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

Ideas of loving everyone, abandoning “prejudice” and just being your “authentic self” are ideas that pit a person against God’s absolute Law.

No, you should endeavor to conform to Law, not become a law unto yourself.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Pazooka wrote: May 31st, 2023, 10:11 am
Ideas of loving everyone, abandoning “prejudice” and just being your “authentic self” are ideas that pit a person against God’s absolute Law.

No, you should endeavor to conform to Law, not become a law unto yourself.
I think you would do well to actually read what he says about these principles before making a hasty judgment.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Here's a recent Q&A from Vinny: