Making choices when God says NO

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Ado
captain of 100

Making choices when God says NO

Post by Ado »

This is a personal post. I'm struggling with how to deal with the spiritual limbo I'm stuck in, and the intrusive questions of ward members.
Through various experiences and several dreams which have proven to be more than just dreams, my something's-up-with-this-church radar has been going wild off and on over the last 12 years of my life. The concerns would quietly fester and fizzle out, until suddenly they didn't anymore. The things that used to quiet my doubts (Prayer, callings, scripture study, fasting) are now somehow as fuel to this fire inside me.
It's a tricky place for me to be in. I was always very obedient and did my best to never cause any concerns or problems in the church. I have always tried to stay under the radar by doing exactly what I was supposed to do. I'm a people pleaser, afraid of using the word "no".
But suddenly, I hear God telling me to say "no" all the time, and to use it as a complete sentence. It's not silence in response to my questions, it's an actual answer: NO.
No means no means no means no. That's what the Spirit says to me when I ask my questions, and I rinse it and repeat.

What that translates to is that we have not attended our ward in the last month, and we have been giving our tithe offerings to other charities and individuals in need instead of the church for the last few months. We've been attending my father in law's evangelical church just to have a place to sing and worship with people who love Jesus as much as we do. There's been no strong prompting to join the church in any way. It feels more like a comfortable waiting room at the moment. I don't know what I'm supposed to be waiting for. Whenever I've asked God in these last few months, the answer has remained a flat NO. Wait for more instructions.

This has all led to a recent conversation with my RS president...
She texted me late in the evening when it was time to put the kids to bed, asking me a series of interrogating questions about what ward I've been attending and where was I on mothers day.
I told her that I was home sick on mothers day, and the rest of the time my family has been going to church with my father in law (I planned to specify he's evangelical if she ever asks).
She asks are we going to father in law's church because he is not well or something?
I'm now getting upset with the intrusive questions and I respond that he's just fine - we just enjoy going to his church with him.
Then she asks me the ultimate nosy question: What was I sick with on mothers day: a cold or pregnancy?

I stopped responding. After the first nosy question, my husband was begging me to tell her off or block her phone number. But while I barely know her (she's newer in the ward, I've only met her twice), she was kind and I figured she was well meaning and I don't like to be rude. But asking me if I was pregnant was a touch too far for me. And of course, like a sensitive woman, it made me cry. And that made my husband even more angry. And I'm just so tired.... I'm spiritually and physically exhausted and confused, and now I have the relief society president texting me to know if I'm pregnant. It's an intrusive, rude thing to ask any woman if she is pregnant. It's even worse when I would love nothing more than to be able to say yes...

I realize now that my husband and I need to make a decision going forward about what to say when the questions from ward members continue to come in. But the only answers God has given us are to tell us He is real, and that something is wrong with the church, and we need to get out and await further instruction.
I suppose I should be grateful that at least my husband and I have been on the same page thus far.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Re: Making choices when God says NO

Post by blitzinstripes »

Always trust in the Spirit to guide you. You have personal revelation and a direct line to the Lord. We have been indoctrinated with cult mentality that when your promptings and revelation contradict the church that WE are wrong. Which is hogwash. The church has/ is wrong about many things. The church is in a state of apostasy which is becoming more and more obvious to anyone who is willing to listen to the HG and take off those manipulative blinders that they have placed upon us for many years. And your answer is the same answer that many of us have also received. Keep your faith in the Lord and wait upon Him. He is going to cleanse His house and set it in order in His own due time. Follow the HG and draw near to the Lord. Be vigilant in your prayers and scripture study and you and your family will be taken care of. 😊

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

You’ve had much more patience with your nosy, intrusive RS president than I would have. These days a popular word is “boundaries.” I would probably ask if she understands the concept of boundaries, and ask her to please respect yours. Some people are very slow on the uptake in that regard. God bless you.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

"But the only answers God has given us are to tell us He is real, and that something is wrong with the church, and we need to get out and await further instruction."

The Judgment is commencing against Babylon and the warmongers. They will be struck down with the fire of a thousand suns.

That means those who are not guilty or who are only partially guilty but can be salvaged, needs to stand in holy places. Which means to distance yourself from those who either took the mRNA or through their life choices have chosen the lower transhuman timeline.

Let them go

If you refuse to let them go, you will be stuck with their timeline and their fate, and will experience a similar Judgment of fire/tribulation.

I know who your god is and they are indeed giving you correct instructions.

"It's a tricky place for me to be in. I was always very obedient and did my best to never cause any concerns or problems in the church. I have always tried to stay under the radar by doing exactly what I was supposed to do. I'm a people pleaser, afraid of using the word "no".
But suddenly, I hear God telling me to say "no" all the time, and to use it as a complete sentence. It's not silence in response to my questions, it's an actual answer: NO.
No means no means no means no. That's what the Spirit says to me when I ask my questions, and I rinse it and repeat.

What that translates to is that we have not attended our ward in the last month, and we have been giving our tithe offerings to other charities and individuals in need instead of the church for the last few months. We've been attending my father in law's evangelical church just to have a place to sing and worship with people who love Jesus as much as we do. There's been no strong prompting to join the church in any way. It feels more like a comfortable waiting room at the moment. I don't know what I'm supposed to be waiting for. Whenever I've asked God in these last few months, the answer has remained a flat NO. Wait for more instructions."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnKU-hL2Uag

This is a good tutorial on boundaries.

I will attempt to "translate" what your god is trying to instruct you, although keep in mind this is only my personal gift at work. I do not hold any authority over you.

People like you need to learn boundaries and self love. Meaning, you feel so much compassion for others that you desire to cooperate with, but you need to learn how to preserve your energies. This is part of creating a holy place for yourself or family group. You can begin applying these lessons by telling people in your ward that you don't need to answer their questions, and that you are being guided directly by god. Stand in your truth. Work through the fear of being exiled from the herd and the fear of dying as a result.

The Russians said just that to NATO. Nyet means Nyet. No means no. They have a red line boundary on Ukraine, and NATO keeps pushing it, which results in conflict.

If people do not respect your boundaries, you enforce them with your action.

So if the relief society or elders quorum phones me up and asks me why I am x y or z, I would say "because as a son of god, I obey the directions of heaven. Godhead directs me to do such, and besides i have work on sunday".

Do not create excuses, simply speak the truth. And they will either go away or you will need to act upon protecting your boundaries, which is a second stage test.

Because I already passed these tests, people don't tend to ask me these questions. You are "pregnant" with the holy spirit. Your dreams and inner desires will be fulfilled, so long as you learn to stand in your power, even if that means contending with others. The RS President is doing as she is directed to do by the universe matrix. They will continue testing you, because you keep dodging the test questions.

The actual content of their questions don't matter. It is simply the matrix asking you:

1. Do you like to be controlled by others?
2. Do you love being in a transhuman world controlled by others and spied on?
3. Will you comply with being spied on, will you obey?
4. Will you not resist?
5. Do you like being a slave?
6. Do you like having others exercise dominion over you?
7. Are you afraid of other people's authority and prefer they dominate you and control you?

THese are the real questions you are being asked, child of god. Ponder on what kind of responses you will give, because that is the world you are choosing. Your god is directing you to stand apart from those condemned to the transhuman timeline. Your god believes you are worthy to qualify for the higher kingdoms. But only if you stand apart from those others and from your own internal weaknesses.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

People like you need to learn boundaries and self love. Meaning, you feel so much compassion for others that you desire to cooperate with, but you need to learn how to preserve your energies. This is part of creating a holy place for yourself or family group.
That's a quite spot on explanation of why I'm struggling. I have always struggled with caring so much about how others feel and think that it becomes a hinderance to my own ability to feel and think. But I'm also realizing how much I have always wanted to be told what to do - to be controlled - because it makes me feel safe. That's why it's so uncomfortable to have this internal battle telling me to get out, but not telling me where to go. I need instruction. I want to be commanded. And the only command I hear from God has me wandering in the wilderness while people at church yell at to me "Hey! Are you pregnant or something?" Lol... That's why it's so frustrating that my husband doesn't have any more answers than I do. He's at as much of a loss as I am. The only difference is that he's OK with not knowing all the answers and I'm very uncomfortable. I guess maybe that's part of the point.
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was walking on a road, trying to avoid a man in a truck who was chasing me. In my efforts to get away from him, I got nearer to the edge of a cliff and I started to slip. In my slipping, I grabbed hold of the edge of the cliff and was hanging on. I felt relief that the man in the truck couldn't see me or run into me now, but I also didn't know how to get myself back up. Then a voice at the bottom of the bottomless cliff told me to let go. I obviously resisted that. The voice told me I'd be safe if I let go. I argued that letting go would mean falling. The voice told me that I would fall, and it would be scary, but eventually I'd reach the bottom and he would catch me. In the end, I didn't have much choice but to let go because I was hanging by the edge with no way to get back up, and there was a deranged man in a truck looking for me. I knew that nobody was coming to save me. So I could wait for someone to come save me and eventually lose grip and fall, or I could choose to trust the voice calling to me and freely let go.
I chose to let go, and I fell for a very long time. And I cried out to the voice, Why am I still falling? I can't keep falling. This is too far. Where is the bottom? The voice told me to take deep breaths and trust him. Eventually I hit water, and a huge giant of a man picked me up out of it, patted my head, and said welcome home. I found my family in this crystal clear water, breathing underneath it, building sand castles that turned to stone. We were safe there.
So I think you're right and it speaks to what that dream must mean. Boundaries are scary for me. For me, they feel like willingly letting go of the edge of a cliff. At the bottom is a safe, holy place for myself and my family.

The actual content of their questions don't matter. It is simply the matrix asking you:

4. Will you not resist?
7. Are you afraid of other people's authority and prefer they dominate you and control you?
Great points. My husband made similar comments - that they're just testing the waters and trying to figure out how much they can still control me.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I’m so sorry about your relief society President asking you that. I probably would have said no, I’m not pregnant, but that’s a very personal question or something like that. Just because I know if I don’t answer in the negative, people will do their own assuming and I don’t need anyone assuming I’m pregnant when I’m not. Ugh. So annoying and I’m so sorry.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Your dreams have communicated to you well what the old seers downloaded as their instructions as well, and quite clearly with very little "dream language" obfuscation.

This is a decision on personal sovereignty, and it cannot be made for you, only by you. Trust in your god or trust in human society, that is becoming ever more deranged/chaotic.

Being inside an organized religion must feel comforting. The outside must look like a dark pit falling into nowhere. This is the Leap of Faith. It is a Divine Test all souls must go through one way or another.

For me, it wasn't all that complicated. I simply wanted to finish reading the Book of Mormon before choosing to be baptised in the LDS faith. I wanted to know, and then choose. What they taught me instead was to choose first, and then rely on this faith and see what happens. From their pov, perhaps they had more materialistic reasons to do this, gaining a new convert that was going to church but not quite willing to step fully inside the pack/herd. Nonetheless, this minor trial was of great benefit to me. As it taught me more on how to have a relationship with my god and how to use my internal intuition and holy spirit guidance system.

You are not the only sensitive that seems not to understand how boundaries work in human Earth life. I know many such souls as you, but of course I also have gifts in this department, which is another way I can know. Over the recent years, I have developed this psi sensitivity to a satisfactory high level.

To graduate, you must begin choosing where to go and what to do. This is part of the process of self sufficiency and independence, of growing up. You can, of course, resist this process, but I would not recommend it. After all, likely you have been resisting since 2012.

Your husband sounds like he has much more confidence and perception of social independence, than you do ; )

If he is reading, feel free to send me a pm if you need to know something.

Ado wrote: ↑May 24th, 2023, 5:44 pm
People like you need to learn boundaries and self love. Meaning, you feel so much compassion for others that you desire to cooperate with, but you need to learn how to preserve your energies. This is part of creating a holy place for yourself or family group.
That's a quite spot on explanation of why I'm struggling. I have always struggled with caring so much about how others feel and think that it becomes a hinderance to my own ability to feel and think. But I'm also realizing how much I have always wanted to be told what to do - to be controlled - because it makes me feel safe. That's why it's so uncomfortable to have this internal battle telling me to get out, but not telling me where to go. I need instruction. I want to be commanded. And the only command I hear from God has me wandering in the wilderness while people at church yell at to me "Hey! Are you pregnant or something?" Lol... That's why it's so frustrating that my husband doesn't have any more answers than I do. He's at as much of a loss as I am. The only difference is that he's OK with not knowing all the answers and I'm very uncomfortable. I guess maybe that's part of the point.
I had a dream a few nights ago that I was walking on a road, trying to avoid a man in a truck who was chasing me. In my efforts to get away from him, I got nearer to the edge of a cliff and I started to slip. In my slipping, I grabbed hold of the edge of the cliff and was hanging on. I felt relief that the man in the truck couldn't see me or run into me now, but I also didn't know how to get myself back up. Then a voice at the bottom of the bottomless cliff told me to let go. I obviously resisted that. The voice told me I'd be safe if I let go. I argued that letting go would mean falling. The voice told me that I would fall, and it would be scary, but eventually I'd reach the bottom and he would catch me. In the end, I didn't have much choice but to let go because I was hanging by the edge with no way to get back up, and there was a deranged man in a truck looking for me. I knew that nobody was coming to save me. So I could wait for someone to come save me and eventually lose grip and fall, or I could choose to trust the voice calling to me and freely let go.
I chose to let go, and I fell for a very long time. And I cried out to the voice, Why am I still falling? I can't keep falling. This is too far. Where is the bottom? The voice told me to take deep breaths and trust him. Eventually I hit water, and a huge giant of a man picked me up out of it, patted my head, and said welcome home. I found my family in this crystal clear water, breathing underneath it, building sand castles that turned to stone. We were safe there.
So I think you're right and it speaks to what that dream must mean. Boundaries are scary for me. For me, they feel like willingly letting go of the edge of a cliff. At the bottom is a safe, holy place for myself and my family.

4. Will you not resist?
Great points. My husband made similar comments - that they're just testing the waters and trying to figure out how much they can still control me.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

I rarely get a yes when the Spirit speaks. In fact I can’t think out of maybe a couple times the Spirit said yes from the top of my head.

Years ago back when I was dating I always asked the Lord if I had met the right woman to marry. There was always a sense of anxiety and it didn’t work out. This went on for a number of years actually. When I met my wife I didn’t have to ask. The answer was right in front of me.

Getting a constant no used to be really annoying. But after the consequences of not being obedient I knew more and more well that the Holy Spirit is a good buddy of mine on the lookout.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

dreamtheater76 wrote: ↑May 24th, 2023, 6:24 pm I rarely get a yes when the Spirit speaks. In fact I can’t think out of maybe a couple times the Spirit said yes from the top of my head.

Years ago back when I was dating I always asked the Lord if I had met the right woman to marry. There was always a sense of anxiety and it didn’t work out. This went on for a number of years actually. When I met my wife I didn’t have to ask. The answer was right in front of me.

Getting a constant no used to be really annoying. But after the consequences of not being obedient I knew more and more well that the Holy Spirit is a good buddy of mine on the lookout.
Funny how that works, a bunch of annoying coincidences until it works out and then you look back with hindsight and only you can truly appreciate the message.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Ado wrote: ↑May 24th, 2023, 5:15 am This is a personal post. I'm struggling with how to deal with the spiritual limbo I'm stuck in, and the intrusive questions of ward members.
Through various experiences and several dreams which have proven to be more than just dreams, my something's-up-with-this-church radar has been going wild off and on over the last 12 years of my life. The concerns would quietly fester and fizzle out, until suddenly they didn't anymore. The things that used to quiet my doubts (Prayer, callings, scripture study, fasting) are now somehow as fuel to this fire inside me.
It's a tricky place for me to be in. I was always very obedient and did my best to never cause any concerns or problems in the church. I have always tried to stay under the radar by doing exactly what I was supposed to do. I'm a people pleaser, afraid of using the word "no".

What that translates to is that we have not attended our ward in the last month, and we have been giving our tithe offerings to other charities and individuals in need instead of the church for the last few months. We've been attending my father in law's evangelical church just to have a place to sing and worship with people who love Jesus as much as we do. There's been no strong prompting to join the church in any way. It feels more like a comfortable waiting room at the moment. I don't know what I'm supposed to be waiting for. Whenever I've asked God in these last few months, the answer has remained a flat NO. Wait for more instructions.

She texted me late in the evening when it was time to put the kids to bed, asking me a series of interrogating questions about what ward I've been attending and where was I on mothers day.
I told her that I was home sick on mothers day, and the rest of the time my family has been going to church with my father in law (I planned to specify he's evangelical if she ever asks).
She asks are we going to father in law's church because he is not well or something?
I'm now getting upset with the intrusive questions and I respond that he's just fine - we just enjoy going to his church with him.
Then she asks me the ultimate nosy question: What was I sick with on mothers day: a cold or pregnancy?

I stopped responding. After the first nosy question, my husband was begging me to tell her off or block her phone number. But while I barely know her (she's newer in the ward, I've only met her twice), she was kind and I figured she was well meaning and I don't like to be rude. But asking me if I was pregnant was a touch too far for me. And of course, like a sensitive woman, it made me cry. And that made my husband even more angry. And I'm just so tired.... I'm spiritually and physically exhausted and confused, and now I have the relief society president texting me to know if I'm pregnant. It's an intrusive, rude thing to ask any woman if she is pregnant. It's even worse when I would love nothing more than to be able to say yes...

I realize now that my husband and I need to make a decision going forward about what to say when the questions from ward members continue to come in. But the only answers God has given us are to tell us He is real, and that something is wrong with the church, and we need to get out and await further instruction.
I suppose I should be grateful that at least my husband and I have been on the same page thus far.

Just keep a grip on the iron rod. You stepping away from the blind leading the blind is a preparation of sorts. I’m thinking when the corporation at 50 East North Temple crumbles and the huge split happens, you will be already prepared to help round up the bewildered, lost sheep who are spiraling into oblivion because all they know about faith and religion is two hours on Sunday and a Thursday activity night.

These erstwhile faithful, arrested in their spiritual development, because all they sought was endless preaching to the sleepy choir talks every April & October.

When a majority of members finally get hit in the face with the truth, and realize it was a corporation masquerading as a church and not the body of Christ.

They will need someone to pick up their pieces, give testimony that you don’t need a centralized chain of command with two volumes of rules to keep membership in line…

You are a pioneer who needs to be ready, when the time comes to succor those hurting from the harshness of embarrassment and humiliation because they didn’t see it clearly before.

Go enjoy your father in law’s evangelical church. Feast yourself in the scriptures, pay no mind to inquisitive questioning. Sooner than they think, their whole religious world will come tumbling down.

For my part, while close to the edge, I have yet to step out the exit door from the ward. Because I feel impressed to stay, and while not a natural leader, I feel like my role will be to round up the lost sheep reeling from betrayal, and point them toward the Savior. .

Good & Global
captain of 1,000

Post by Good & Global »

I am sorry to hear that. Your situation sounds difficult.
Last edited by Good & Global on May 24th, 2023, 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Ado wrote: ↑May 24th, 2023, 5:15 am This is a personal post. I'm struggling with how to deal with the spiritual limbo I'm stuck in, and the intrusive questions of ward members.

Yes. Warning signals have been going off for me for some time. More than once I wanted to stop going and quit my calling, but the Holy Spirit has told me to stay. More than once things have not gone as I expected, better than I expected. God brought us to a good place with good people. (Just in this ward in Idaho. Not my old wards in Utah)

My husband at this point says he is ok with our ward (mostly) but not with SLC. And since he doesn't have contact with SLC, just our ward, he's going to just focus on that.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Was visiting a friend Tuesday between Seattle and SLC. He moved to live 1 block from the temple. He is a temple worker most days; his favorite passion for many years. He loves the spirit in the temple.

He tells me the temple now teaches false doctrines, but he goes anyway. He says the Lord told him the PSR's aren't PS or R's but have the authority. He keeps quoting Peter "where would I go, Lord".

I told him I'm in the same place. The Lord tells me to stay in the boat. But, I am wearing my life jacket and put my lounger chair right next to the lifeboat.

The Lord has recently told me to pay my tithes and ignore what PSR's do with the money. He commanded me 3 times to be sealed to my wife after I complained the first two times that we were not a perfect eternal partnership (he told me to fix it, then). I keep asking to move from the heathen Seattle area, he keeps saying NO, very clearly. I had an argument about church wokeness with my bishop two weeks back. To clarify I spoke with a counsellor and friend for many years. At a wedding last week my other friend mentioned my concern to the counsellor, he said that he two was threatened by me! He asked how threatened him. He said when I told him, I surely would go to Catholic mass on religious holidays if the woke ward continued to push useless GC talks from unknown 70's about things like ministering on special days! THREATENED! How could my desire for my wife to get a special mother's day message threaten him? Pure woke!

The Lord seems to tell me "no" all the time about most things. The interesting thing as noted, is that he is very clear. It isn't any stupor of thought, it is "no", with evidence, like random scriptures or dreams to accompany the answers.

Yet the Lord tells me to keep going to church and taking sacrament, paying tithes, etc... It is like if Eli of old was here, he would tell me to take my lamb to him anyway, I guess. But, I have awoken twice dreaming of getting the Ex! Not afraid I guess, just feeling it closing in.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

TheDuke wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 12:15 pm Was visiting a friend Tuesday between Seattle and SLC. He moved to live 1 block from the temple. He is a temple worker most days; his favorite passion for many years. He loves the spirit in the temple.

He tells me the temple now teaches false doctrines, but he goes anyway. He says the Lord told him the PSR's aren't PS or R's but have the authority. He keeps quoting Peter "where would I go, Lord".

I told him I'm in the same place. The Lord tells me to stay in the boat. But, I am wearing my life jacket and put my lounger chair right next to the lifeboat.

The Lord has recently told me to pay my tithes and ignore what PSR's do with the money. He commanded me 3 times to be sealed to my wife after I complained the first two times that we were not a perfect eternal partnership (he told me to fix it, then). I keep asking to move from the heathen Seattle area, he keeps saying NO, very clearly. I had an argument about church wokeness with my bishop two weeks back. To clarify I spoke with a counsellor and friend for many years. At a wedding last week my other friend mentioned my concern to the counsellor, he said that he two was threatened by me! He asked how threatened him. He said when I told him, I surely would go to Catholic mass on religious holidays if the woke ward continued to push useless GC talks from unknown 70's about things like ministering on special days! THREATENED! How could my desire for my wife to get a special mother's day message threaten him? Pure woke!

The Lord seems to tell me "no" all the time about most things. The interesting thing as noted, is that he is very clear. It isn't any stupor of thought, it is "no", with evidence, like random scriptures or dreams to accompany the answers.

Yet the Lord tells me to keep going to church and taking sacrament, paying tithes, etc... It is like if Eli of old was here, he would tell me to take my lamb to him anyway, I guess. But, I have awoken twice dreaming of getting the Ex! Not afraid I guess, just feeling it closing in.
Yeah, I feel like I will get exed at some point, but for now I teach Sunday school and the Lord told me to keep at it with the words of Christ Himself.

It is the reason I still go.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

“What that translates to is that we have not attended our ward in the last month, and we have been giving our tithe offerings to other charities and individuals in need instead of the church for the last few months.”

My wife and I were told by God years ago not to give a single cent to the church. We now have peace of mind in knowing that we’re are no longer supporting Bill Gates and his colleagues with our tithing funds. Like you we’ve been directed to help individuals and families instead of LDS inc.

“There's been no strong prompting to join the church in any way.

Same here. At first it was difficult to overcome that reflex of having to find a church to “belong to”. It’s fun to visit other churches but for now the Lord is teaching us to be patient and to learn what’s it’s like to wait on Him alone. The uncertainty of this process is scary at first but it’s definitely worth it. Especially when it comes to growing and maturing spiritually. Our little family left in 2018 and it has been one of the biggest blessings in our lives!

“I suppose I should be grateful that at least my husband and I have been on the same page thus far.”

HUGE BLESSING!!!!!!!!

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

IcedKoffee wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 3:10 pm

“What that translates to is that we have not attended our ward in the last month, and we have been giving our tithe offerings to other charities and individuals in need instead of the church for the last few months.”

My wife and I were told by God years ago not to give a single cent to the church. We now have peace of mind in knowing that we’re are no longer supporting Bill Gates and his colleagues with our tithing funds. Like you we’ve been directed to help individuals and families instead of LDS inc.

Same here. At first it was difficult to overcome that reflex of having to find a church to “belong to”. It’s fun to visit other churches but for now the Lord is teaching us to be patient and to learn what’s it’s like to wait on Him alone. The uncertainty of this process is scary at first but it’s definitely worth it. Especially when it comes to growing and maturing spiritually. Our little family left in 2018 and it has been one of the biggest blessings in our lives!

“I suppose I should be grateful that at least my husband and I have been on the same page thus far.”

HUGE BLESSING!!!!!!!!
It's such a comfort to find people who I can relate to! Thank you for sharing! If you don't mind my asking, what prompted your family in 2018 to step out? And what helped you overcome the uncertainty of the process and the need to find a church to belong to? I'm struggling so much with it and don't know how I'll ever feel at peace.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

TheDuke wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 12:15 pm Was visiting a friend Tuesday between Seattle and SLC. He moved to live 1 block from the temple. He is a temple worker most days; his favorite passion for many years. He loves the spirit in the temple.

I believe you that God is telling you no, even if it is a different no than what He is telling me right now. I have asked if all of these "no" answers mean I should withdraw my name from the church. Funny enough, the answer is another NO. So it's just step back and wait for me, I suppose.

I admire you for being honest with your bishop and other ward members about your concerns while you wait on the Lord. I'll strive to follow your example.

I have my own feelings, but I wonder which doctrines specifically your temple-worker friend believe are false, and what he feels specifically led the PSR's to lose their PSR gift.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

BuriedTartaria wrote: ↑May 24th, 2023, 11:27 pm When God says no: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_116_pages
Wow, powerful reminder. I have a bad habit of asking over and over again when God has already told me no. I obey the NO, but I still keep asking about it as if the answer might change. Maybe that's why I feel like I'm at a standstill, and things would progress if I just accepted the NO with faith.

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

Ado wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 4:26 pm

HUGE BLESSING!!!!!!!!
It's such a comfort to find people who I can relate to! Thank you for sharing! If you don't mind my asking, what prompted your family in 2018 to step out? And what helped you overcome the uncertainty of the process and the need to find a church to belong to? I'm struggling so much with it and don't know how I'll ever feel at peace.
“It's such a comfort to find people who I can relate to! Thank you for sharing! If you don't mind my asking, what prompted your family in 2018 to step out?”

That’s a really long story LOL, but we had a similar feeling like you that something in the church had gone horribly wrong. 2018 was a big year for us. At first we were prompted to stop paying tithing which was a huge step. Then we prayed to ask if RMN was the Lords prophet, and we received a very clear NO!

From that point we’re told by the Lord to share what we had received about RMN on Facebook with friends and family and that we’d also be leaving the church. This was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. We lost close friends and strained many relationships with family along the way. But one of the most precious things we gained was a personal relationship with our Savior.

We were no longer relying on another person to dictate what the Lords will was for our lives. Going to the Lord directly is too scary for a lot of people because they’re afraid of making mistakes but mistakes are a part of the process.

As babes in Christ we are much like baby fawns that are learning to walk for the very first time. At first we stumble but eventually our legs become strong enough to bare the weight of our bodies. Which is similar to walking in faith. At first we’re not entirely sure if we are making the right decision, but after many leaps of faith we eventually gain the confidence to know that we are following the right voice.

“And what helped you overcome the uncertainty of the process and the need to find a church to belong to? I'm struggling so much with it and don't know how I'll ever feel at peace.”

John 10:27

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

Don’t feel like you need to figure out everything all at once. This a process and it will take time. Once you gain confidence in being able to discern the shepherd’s voice. He will lead you right where He wants you and peace will follow.

We attended many different churches and each time the Lord lead us back home. If home is where He wants us to be then that’s where we’ll stay. It was a little boring but we now get more out of praying and studying scriptures by ourselves then we ever did from church. Missing out on the social aspect was hard at first but even that got easier!

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Ado wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 4:35 pm

I believe you that God is telling you no, even if it is a different no than what He is telling me right now. I have asked if all of these "no" answers mean I should withdraw my name from the church. Funny enough, the answer is another NO. So it's just step back and wait for me, I suppose.

I admire you for being honest with your bishop and other ward members about your concerns while you wait on the Lord. I'll strive to follow your example.

I have my own feelings, but I wonder which doctrines specifically your temple-worker friend believe are false, and what he feels specifically led the PSR's to lose their PSR gift.
Actually his psr belief is based on revelation and independent from his doctrine issues

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

My wife and I are in mourning and frustration right along with you and your husband. My advice is to be blunt and if they keep pushing ignore them. That pressure needs to be dealt with quickly so you can focus on what the Lord says is right. You're already dealing with important and difficult things. Cut the noise out. The nosy ward members should play as small of a role in what you do next as possible. Hold on to your faith even if you have to live 40 years in the wilderness. In this case I think they will see you as wandering but it sounds like God is directing you so try not to worry. I left LDS Inc. this week. Not officially (yet) but I've turned a corner after a lot of asking for answers, sorrow, and mourning.

Being a people pleaser places your future in the hands of others who may be lost themselves. Only seek to please Him. Extend your influence for good where you can and hold on to your spouse. Perhaps great and terrible things are ahead and you're standing at the door of the ark.

Can you imagine your RS president standing a few hundred yards away under dark clouds and the winds are picking up? Can you hear what she's saying? She wants to know if you're pregnant and when she can expect you back at church. You stare into the ark and back at her. The rain begins to fall. Puddles turn into little rivers. The rain is blowing sideways and your RS president is starting to yell now and pointing to her iphone. She says something about one line or two lines and you wonder if you should walk towards her a little so she can hear your reply. The wind carries your words away so she can't hear you.

She's soaking wet and yelling louder at you but she never moves towards you. You hear a quiet voice from inside the ark beckoning you to please close the door. You turn to the ark and see nobody. You look back in time to see a massive brown wave filled with splintered trees and a few small cars roaring down the street. The monstrous wave carries your RS president out of sight in seconds. Will you get in the boat and close the door? It will save your life and please the other passengers ;) I think of my home as a mini ark from the dark and stormy world.

Maybe we need to learn to wait even though it's hard. Perhaps Salt Lake is about to get the shock of their lives or maybe it will take years. The day of reckoning will come. I've felt called to repent more than ever. I need to get right with God and that's going to take time and consistent effort. That is a big focus of mine now. I hope you can feel peace. I'm struggling myself. Thanks for sharing your story.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

IcedKoffee wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 5:45 pm

HUGE BLESSING!!!!!!!!
“It's such a comfort to find people who I can relate to! Thank you for sharing! If you don't mind my asking, what prompted your family in 2018 to step out?”

That’s a really long story LOL, but we had a similar feeling like you that something in the church had gone horribly wrong. 2018 was a big year for us. At first we were prompted to stop paying tithing which was a huge step. Then we prayed to ask if RMN was the Lords prophet, and we received a very clear NO!

From that point we’re told by the Lord to share what we had received about RMN on Facebook with friends and family and that we’d also be leaving the church. This was one of the most terrifying experiences of my life. We lost close friends and strained many relationships with family along the way. But one of the most precious things we gained was a personal relationship with our Savior.

We were no longer relying on another person to dictate what the Lords will was for our lives. Going to the Lord directly is too scary for a lot of people because they’re afraid of making mistakes but mistakes are a part of the process.

As babes in Christ we are much like baby fawns that are learning to walk for the very first time. At first we stumble but eventually our legs become strong enough to bare the weight of our bodies. Which is similar to walking in faith. At first we’re not entirely sure if we are making the right decision, but after many leaps of faith we eventually gain the confidence to know that we are following the right voice.

“And what helped you overcome the uncertainty of the process and the need to find a church to belong to? I'm struggling so much with it and don't know how I'll ever feel at peace.”

Don’t feel like you need to figure out everything all at once. This a process and it will take time. Once you gain confidence in being able to discern the shepherd’s voice. He will lead you right where He wants you and peace will follow.

We attended many different churches and each time the Lord lead us back home. If home is where He wants us to be then that’s where we’ll stay. It was a little boring but we now get more out of praying and studying scriptures by ourselves then we ever did from church. Missing out on the social aspect was hard at first but even that got easier!
So odd that we were told to change/stop paying tithing to LDS corp in 2018 as well. But I guess actually not, if we are all listening to the same Holy Spirit.

It was such a trial to stop, but the Lord was patient and walked us through step by step changes before saying no more.

It always strikes me as funny when people make it sound like people are so excited to stop paying tithing , They say things like" you must have just been looking for a reason." In reality it was so hard to stop kind of like church.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

It really is so different as I was told to continue if i wanted my blessing, contingent on keeping my word, nothing to do with the commandment

IcedKoffee
captain of 100

Post by IcedKoffee »

JuneBug12000 wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 7:55 pm
IcedKoffee wrote: ↑May 26th, 2023, 5:45 pm

So odd that we were told to change/stop paying tithing to LDS corp in 2018 as well. But I guess actually not, if we are all listening to the same Holy Spirit.

It was such a trial to stop, but the Lord was patient and walked us through step by step changes before saying no more.

It always strikes me as funny when people make it sound like people are so excited to stop paying tithing , They say things like" you must have just been looking for a reason." In reality it was so hard to stop kind of like church.

“But I guess actually not, if we are all listening to the same Holy Spirit.”

A very important distinction!

I was told that paying tithing to these men was a sustaining vote for the evil’s that they participate in. Therefore making me just as guilty as them. I didn’t fully understand it back then but I do now. It definitely wasn’t an easy decision to make and there was nothing “exciting” about it as some of our accusers like to think.