Using a "dumb phone" in 2023?

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Ado
captain of 100

Using a "dumb phone" in 2023?

Post by Ado »

Something the Spirit has been prompting me to do within the last few years - and very strongly within the last few weeks - is to scale back on the technology I own. I've had an iPhone since the first one came out in 2012, but I don't use it for internet or social media or games - I have those blocked in my screen time settings so I won't even be tempted by them. We have an iMac desktop computer that I use to do all the internet things. The only social media I participate in is on this forum and Facebook, and I only use Facebook to participate in a few local homeschool groups I'm a part of. I stopped sharing everything about my life/kids photos on there a while ago. We have a few older iPads for the kids to play Roblox on a time limit, and a few extra learning games. No YouTube/youtubekids on those devices.

My point in all of this is that I already feel like my kids and I are very minimalist in our tech use compared to most. And yet, the spirit is telling me to scale back even more. One specific way I feel like I need to do this is to get rid of my smart phone in exchange for a dumb/basic phone. My husband feels like this is not a wise thing to do because he feels like you can't really live safely or productively in this world without a smart phone anymore. He already gets annoyed with me that I don't have internet apps on my phone so he can't send me links to things. So I'm on my own if I want to find a basic phone, and he tells me there aren't any worth buying because they're either not supported anymore, or they won't be soon. So like, I have no choice but to own a smart phone?

Do any of you not use a smart phone, or know someone? I'm trying to figure out how to follow these promptings in a safe and practical way.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Re: Using a "dumb phone" in 2023?

Post by ParticleMan »

An Android with a custom ROM would be a small step in the direction of a dumb phone. Another step would be to de-Google it.

GrapheneOS is highly touted but you'll need a Google Pixel phone:
https://grapheneos.org

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

I resisted getting a cellphone when they became more commonplace. I think I got one in 1998, a Nokia. Got an iPhone 4 when they came out, because the retina screen was easier to read than the one I have. Now I’m on an XR, and it might be my last.

Utah is gung-ho on everything Agenda 2030, including putting things on your phone like your drivers license and, during the scamdemic, your vaccine passport, aka, health pass. Following what the CCP is doing with their social credit thing, the smartphone is key. And facial recognition. The gads want as much as possible for things to go digital as it is easy to control.

Moving to a dumb phone, IMO, will help keep your life more private, but you are tracked now by millions of license plate scanning cameras, installed on many police cars, as well as cameras literally everywhere. They can track you with facial recognition. And here we’ve given them what they need by allowing our phones to read our faces. Are there any iPhones that still use fingerprint sensors?

Remember that the CDC paid cellular service providers to track their customers to see if they were locking down in 2020-21. It’s already happening, to a degree.

Hopefully you know that facebook tracks you across the internet, especially when you their internal browser. Others do the same. If you’re doing things online, a bunch of people are watching, and recording.

If I don’t have a smartphone, and they’re trying to make everyone put stuff on their phone like their drivers license, can they MAKE you get a smartphone, or give you one and tell you you HAVE to use it?

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

I have a smart phone but I only use it for calls. It is a backup wifi which I haven't needed, but I might. I don't text people. They either call, email, or we don't communicate. I type much faster on a real keyboard. It is a tracking device. Every month Google tells me where I went.

You might try FRS/GMRS radios to keep in touch with close friends and relatives. They have private channels. Like CB or Ham, they can be tracked, but you can talk in predefined keywords that are meaningless to anyone else. Send your message and quit talking. Not enough time to track. They don't have GPS. They are cheap at Walmart or eBay.

Or, you can use one of these. They use 4G so you can talk anywhere in the world. No GPS. They use a sim card. Push To Talk like a walkie talkie.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

You can get flip phones at ring at the link below. The closet to a dumb phone I have found. We've used ting for years and it is great. I pay $89 month for 5 phones. Total. Super cheap. No contract, pay for what you use. ($5 per phone plus usage divided by text, talk, data,) We all talk and text, but only my husband and I use data. Lots of good ways to turn off features for kids.

https://tingmobile.com/shop/tcl-flip_Mi ... ti-network

The down side, there are no true dumb phones anymore. Once they returned of 2G/3G they shut them down. We held off as long as possible. Let them turn off our old phones before we switched. Still use the newer flip phone, but just know they still have tracking and internet now.

If you turn off data, many texts will never reach your phone.

They funnel us like cattle. Wide open space to a slightly smaller space. Now in a single file through the chute. Lookie here! A slaughterhouse. Not a surprise, but hard to figure out how to avoid the trap.

I too have felt promoted to get rid of the smart phone we share as the family phone.

We tried to get a landline when we moved in, but those are all gone as well. They pretend VOIP is a landline, but it isn't. I don't turn on the internet unless we are using it, so the phone wouldn't work. Lol.

I am about to just say, anybody willing to be my friend when all I have is a dumb phone and prefer to keep in contact in person can still be friends. Everyone else, I'll see you in the next life. 😉

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

I have a smart phone that never goes anywhere. I use it as a camera and instagram for my business and that's it. I tried to delete as many apps as I could from my smartphone before I stopped using it everywhere. I spent all last year using a flip phone with no internet. This is what I have:

https://www.consumercellular.com/shoppi ... ap/details

It texts and makes calls, that's it. Its keypad is clunky so texts are short or I just call. For everything else I have a desktop. Get a flip phone it's fine. I bought it new a year ago for $60 I think. It's $25 per month for talk and text. I'm never going to pay $800-1000 for a smart phone again.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

I have also been impressed to be more selective of the tech I use. I find it interesting that many others are as well.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I would like to get a dumb phone, but I use my iPhone for too many things to get rid of it.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

I disliked intensely the idea of these big clunky phones back in 2008 or whatever the time was for 1st generation touch phones.

I had a flip phone and it was cool opening it. Then my mother was the one who got hooked trying to buy 2 or 3 or 4 phone packages.

I had a samsung galaxy 7 edge a dnow this is a samsung note 10 plus. Made sure it was not the 11 cause of 5g.

Over the years i have found ways to offset or counter the radiation such as using flfe.net services that cancels the harmful radiation.

Without my spiritual skills, tools and other srrvices, these phones produce a lot of harmful radiation that ur body wont like. It weakens the immune system, makes people open to demons and cia mind control. The phone is a black mirror device aka portal to realms. Both good and bad.

So when they talk about implanting chips in ur head to make u connect to internet 24 7. Knkw that you wont be getting out of that 1 alive.

mudflap
captain of 1,000

Post by mudflap »

ok, hold on -
can you even use a dumb phone anymore on any US networks?

My area turned off 3G 2 years ago. My wife had her samsung flip phone since 2007. She had 3 of them over the years. They ran on a non-android OS. When they turned off 3g, we had to get a new phone for her. We tried one made for old folks, but it was still Android based.

My point is: I don't think there is such a thing as a non-smart phone anymore. All of them track you, as far as I can tell, unless you are running (like ParticleMan says): graphene, or you buy a pine phone, or some other version of Linux-based product.

If you are security conscious, get rid of your iphones and android devices. If you can't, then at least get an android with a removable battery (since they can remotely power on your device and make it appear to be "off") <- yes they can, and they've been doing it since forever. My gosh, do you know about Vault 7? look it up, it will make your hair stand up. For example, some folks posit that every iphone ever made was intercepted by the CIA/FBI, package opened, phone loaded with spyware, then repackaged (packaging supplied by Apple), and sent onto the consumer:
https://www.spiegel.de/international/wo ... 40969.html Take, for example, when they intercept shipping deliveries. If a target person, agency or company orders a new computer or related accessories, for example, TAO can divert the shipping delivery to its own secret workshops. The NSA calls this method interdiction. At these so-called "load stations," agents carefully open the package in order to load malware onto the electronics, or even install hardware components that can provide backdoor access for the intelligence agencies. All subsequent steps can then be conducted from the comfort of a remote computer.

These minor disruptions in the parcel shipping business rank among the "most productive operations" conducted by the NSA hackers, one top secret document relates in enthusiastic terms. This method, the presentation continues, allows TAO to obtain access to networks "around the world."
or
https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/cms/index.html

or here: https://wikileaks.org/ciav7p1/

In our house:
- Linux only computers (My company forces me to use a Windows laptop, so I keep that one strictly for work. I have a separate laptop with Linux on it for personal use).
- sure, I have an android (required for work as well), but I unlocked it and got rid of most of the spyware - not as good as Particle man with that GrapheneOS, but I'm still researching - don't want to brick my phone! I also have a 1st generation PinePhone, but the software/hardware just never evolved enough to be reliable as a phone. I've heard the newer ones (better chipset) are better, but they are out of my price range.
- facebook, but I only post stuff about the cabin - no politics. Diaspora is where I post political stuff. no "messenger", that's garbage.
- Matrix is a secure encrypted messaging platform. I'm on a couple of groups there
- for family communication I use Tox - end-to-end serverless P2P encryption. My daughter can "text' me from her laptop to my cell phone.

IMO, there's no such thing as technology that can't be hacked. You want full security? leave the cell phones in the car, walk 200 yards out into the woods and have your private conversation there. And even that is probably hackable these days.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

Ado wrote: May 26th, 2023, 5:36 pm Something the Spirit has been prompting me to do within the last few years - and very strongly within the last few weeks - is to scale back on the technology I own. I've had an iPhone since the first one came out in 2012, but I don't use it for internet or social media or games - I have those blocked in my screen time settings so I won't even be tempted by them. We have an iMac desktop computer that I use to do all the internet things. The only social media I participate in is on this forum and Facebook, and I only use Facebook to participate in a few local homeschool groups I'm a part of. I stopped sharing everything about my life/kids photos on there a while ago. We have a few older iPads for the kids to play Roblox on a time limit, and a few extra learning games. No YouTube/youtubekids on those devices.

My point in all of this is that I already feel like my kids and I are very minimalist in our tech use compared to most. And yet, the spirit is telling me to scale back even more. One specific way I feel like I need to do this is to get rid of my smart phone in exchange for a dumb/basic phone. My husband feels like this is not a wise thing to do because he feels like you can't really live safely or productively in this world without a smart phone anymore. He already gets annoyed with me that I don't have internet apps on my phone so he can't send me links to things. So I'm on my own if I want to find a basic phone, and he tells me there aren't any worth buying because they're either not supported anymore, or they won't be soon. So like, I have no choice but to own a smart phone?

Do any of you not use a smart phone, or know someone? I'm trying to figure out how to follow these promptings in a safe and practical way.
Line phones are gone in many areas; relatives were forced out a few years ago.
There are dumber phones, some of which have some restrictions; others that have just the basics.
Others have just dialing, though those phones are usually on phone plans that can sometimes rack up money faster than the others.

It's good to have, but there are times I like doing things without it. It's hard for families to learn to receive revelation when "I'll just look it up" seems to do the trick so often. And I can't count how many times Google Maps has been wrong; what else?

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

You might also consider a burner phone, a pre-paid dumb phone.

If you must use Fakebook, you can log in via the web in an incognito/private window. As for Android browsers, Kiwi is great because you can install extensions, unlike in Brave, although these are built on Chromium (pre- and thus un-Googled Chrome). Otherwise, you could find a de-Mozillad Firefox comparable to LibreWolf on the desktop.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Non-android/iPhones around here are VERY expensive. You're talking about hundreds of pounds, not necessarily compatible with some networks etc. You've also got to be a geek to work some of them

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

No wonder they talk about vlad being kgb.

These people are either jealous or projecting. Not even soviet satanists had this muvh control.

mudflap wrote: May 27th, 2023, 7:02 am Image

ok, hold on -

My area turned off 3G 2 years ago. My wife had her samsung flip phone since 2007. She had 3 of them over the years. They ran on a non-android OS. When they turned off 3g, we had to get a new phone for her. We tried one made for old folks, but it was still Android based.

My point is: I don't think there is such a thing as a non-smart phone anymore. All of them track you, as far as I can tell, unless you are running (like ParticleMan says): graphene, or you buy a pine phone, or some other version of Linux-based product.

If you are security conscious, get rid of your iphones and android devices. If you can't, then at least get an android with a removable battery (since they can remotely power on your device and make it appear to be "off") <- yes they can, and they've been doing it since forever. My gosh, do you know about Vault 7? look it up, it will make your hair stand up. For example, some folks posit that every iphone ever made was intercepted by the CIA/FBI, package opened, phone loaded with spyware, then repackaged (packaging supplied by Apple), and sent onto the consumer:
https://www.spiegel.de/international/wo ... 40969.html Take, for example, when they intercept shipping deliveries. If a target person, agency or company orders a new computer or related accessories, for example, TAO can divert the shipping delivery to its own secret workshops. The NSA calls this method interdiction. At these so-called "load stations," agents carefully open the package in order to load malware onto the electronics, or even install hardware components that can provide backdoor access for the intelligence agencies. All subsequent steps can then be conducted from the comfort of a remote computer.

These minor disruptions in the parcel shipping business rank among the "most productive operations" conducted by the NSA hackers, one top secret document relates in enthusiastic terms. This method, the presentation continues, allows TAO to obtain access to networks "around the world."
or

In our house:
- Linux only computers (My company forces me to use a Windows laptop, so I keep that one strictly for work. I have a separate laptop with Linux on it for personal use).
- sure, I have an android (required for work as well), but I unlocked it and got rid of most of the spyware - not as good as Particle man with that GrapheneOS, but I'm still researching - don't want to brick my phone! I also have a 1st generation PinePhone, but the software/hardware just never evolved enough to be reliable as a phone. I've heard the newer ones (better chipset) are better, but they are out of my price range.
- facebook, but I only post stuff about the cabin - no politics. Diaspora is where I post political stuff. no "messenger", that's garbage.
- Matrix is a secure encrypted messaging platform. I'm on a couple of groups there
- for family communication I use Tox - end-to-end serverless P2P encryption. My daughter can "text' me from her laptop to my cell phone.

IMO, there's no such thing as technology that can't be hacked. You want full security? leave the cell phones in the car, walk 200 yards out into the woods and have your private conversation there. And even that is probably hackable these days.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

ok, hold on -

or

In our house:

Yup. The one I posted is being sold new now. Here are the listed features:

FEATURES
SPEAKER PHONE
YES
VIDEO CAMERA
YES
BLUETOOTH
YES
HEARING AID COMPATIBLE
M3/T3
PICTURE MESSAGING *
YES
TEXT MESSAGING *
YES
WIFI ENABLED
No
GPS
No
VIDEO MESSAGING *
No
DATA TECHNOLOGY **
4G LTE

Here is their coverage map:
https://www.consumercellular.com/Coverage

I know my location can be tracked if I use the network and this phone is known to be mine but THEY are getting much less data from me than if I was using my Note smartphone. I turn that off when I'm not using it at home. Even then it could be recording. I let it die often too so that makes it hard to collect data :lol:

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Post by ParticleMan »

Seed Starter wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:02 pm ...
I know my location can be tracked if I use the network . . . .
What do you mean by network? Cell or internet or both?

Did you know that your location is tracked merely from connecting to cell towers? Cell devices periodically "ping" or "phone home." GPS is another way of tracking your location. Celluar data and Wi-Fi facilitate tracking and harvesting of other data.

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

ParticleMan wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:16 pm
Seed Starter wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:02 pm ...
I know my location can be tracked if I use the network . . . .
What do you mean by network? Cell or internet or both?

Did you know that your location is tracked merely from connecting to cell towers? Cell devices periodically "ping" or "phone home." GPS is another way of tracking your location. Celluar data and Wi-Fi facilitate tracking and harvesting of other data.
Yes, by network I meant connecting to cell towers. If my phone is on it is connecting to towers. My phone doesn't have wifi capability.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

You can buy a faraday box and put it in. I put seeds and supplements in to protect from radiation
Seed Starter wrote: May 27th, 2023, 1:02 pm

ok, hold on -

or

In our house:

Yup. The one I posted is being sold new now. Here are the listed features:

FEATURES
SPEAKER PHONE
YES
VIDEO CAMERA
YES
BLUETOOTH
YES
HEARING AID COMPATIBLE
M3/T3
PICTURE MESSAGING *
YES
TEXT MESSAGING *
YES
WIFI ENABLED
No
GPS
No
VIDEO MESSAGING *
No
DATA TECHNOLOGY **
4G LTE

Here is their coverage map:
https://www.consumercellular.com/Coverage

I know my location can be tracked if I use the network and this phone is known to be mine but THEY are getting much less data from me than if I was using my Note smartphone. I turn that off when I'm not using it at home. Even then it could be recording. I let it die often too so that makes it hard to collect data :lol:

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Yes, this is a problem, especially since most things are going 5G, to where they require a newer phone. Sadly, it was the same way when TV was making the shift to digital. We live out in the country, with an antennae, so when it rains hard or there is much lightning, you lose or get intermittent reception. If you were trying to get detailed info on a storm that might be over your area, simply put, you are in dire trouble. Before, you would still get the TV station, maybe with static or poor picture, but at least you could still see & hear their weather warnings.

As I have noted, the anti-christ described by Dolores Cannon (from information by Nostradamus) and Dannion Brinkley (3 time DDEer) points to a high tech genius who is very psychic & helps us in getting more faster & powerful technology. But eventually, an evil mantle falls over him. And instead of assisting mankind, he uses it to manipulate & rule, not just people, but governments too. He will mandate the chip as a way of helping. But sadly, it is a breakthrough being a biological chip, which can be remotely controlled, even to where it can be activated to dissolve & kill you off. And eventually, if it seems you are a threat or a burden to society, you can be terminated. By being in the forefront of technology, I am sure he knows backdoors into everything making him very dangerous when he gets "turned".

He was born in 1962, as per Dolores (by way of Nostradamus) & also Jeanne Dixon [Catholic clairvoyant] (who also warned Kennedy he would be killed if he went to Dallas).

For more information on this guy & how high tech gets twisted, I suggest these two sources:

'Saved By the Light' (1994) -Dannion Brinkley (mainly this one)
'At Peace In the Light' (1995) -Dannion Brinkley
he also has a 3rd book out titled '

'Conversations With Nostradamus' (CWN), Volumes 1,2,3 (Trilogy) compiled & edited down by Dolores Cannon (1989/ v.1/ 1990 v.2 / 1992-1993 v.3)

I know both of them. I have not talked to Dannion since the Fall of 1999. And Dolores, our last contact was in 2007 when someone was plagiarizing her research on Nostradamus. She passed away in 2014 after a car wreck, about a month later.

I myself try to stick to basics with my TracFone Samsung Galaxy 102S (my granddaughter, age 16 soon, has one & is assisting me as to its extra operation). I prefer flipphone styles, but they sent me this free one when I was required to upgrade last year. Plus I still have my landline. And for internet, currently have 3 PCs running in front of me at the moment (I have a 3' x 6' oak desk- U-6 (2006 Dell with XP), U-9 (Dell refurbished with WIN 7) & U-12 (1 TB Dell refurbished with WIN 10). Plus I have two laptops U-8 (rebuilt Sony Aio w/XP) & U-10 (2020 HP w/WIN10). Not to mention a few others still operational to pull up data on- U-1, U-3 (on the right side of this desk), U-4, U-5, U-11.

The good thing about my personal library of books, encyclopedias, and such, I have well over a 5000 volume count, so if no internet or no electricity or no batteries or generator running, then I am not dependent on them, as to reading a book.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BigT wrote: May 26th, 2023, 7:37 pm Hopefully you know that facebook tracks you across the internet, especially when you their internal browser. Others do the same. If you’re doing things online, a bunch of people are watching, and recording.
People? How old fashioned! The people only read the simplified version prepared by AI, or processed into mass data models where multiple people are concerned. They don't need banks of people recording, machines do it for them.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Lynn wrote: May 27th, 2023, 11:16 pmHe will mandate the chip as a way of helping. But sadly, it is a breakthrough being a biological chip, which can be remotely controlled, even to where it can be activated to dissolve & kill you off.
Chips in the hand are already being used in Sweden (and maybe other places by now). They can use it to access their bank accounts, pay for food, unlock their houses and cars.

Article on a website: thousands-of-swedes-are-inserting-microchips-under-their-skin

A video about it (2 minutes, 28 seconds):

sam_onofree
captain of 50

Post by sam_onofree »

I think I would start off by trying to identify what about switching to a dumb phone feels unsafe to you. You would still have communication with others at a moment's notice. Like others have said, dumb phones today can still be tracked. However, if the spirit is prompting you, it might not be about privacy. Satan uses these tools to stealthily enter your home and corrupt it. Maybe the spirit is trying to prevent something like that from happening. I don't know, use your best judgement but my honest opinion is that a dumb phone is marginally less safe than a smartphone.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

The reason for chips in the hand or wrist, as well as the head, according to research back in the 1990s, was because those two areas seem to have the greatest recharge capability. But the sinister side was the chip was biological & therefore could interface with a human in a diabolic manner to which the recipient of the chip, would have no say-so over. Being biological, a virus is in it which could be released. So even though you might have it & be able purchase things & function, etc., it gives control to the one or others to terminate, if seen as a threat, or a burden to society. And ironically, the UPC system, even though at a glance, does not seem to be 6 digits/6 digits/6 digits, it is set up on a 6/6/6 system or order. I would have to look back for The Academy posts back in the late 1990s that shared the research & expose on both the chips & the UPC/666 connection. But also remember that there other things implied, as the numerical value of the Revelation statement is that the total numerical value is six hundred sixty six. You see, instead of using numbers back then, letters had a face value each.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

Silver Pie wrote: May 28th, 2023, 6:33 pm
Lynn wrote: May 27th, 2023, 11:16 pmHe will mandate the chip as a way of helping. But sadly, it is a breakthrough being a biological chip, which can be remotely controlled, even to where it can be activated to dissolve & kill you off.
Chips in the hand are already being used in Sweden (and maybe other places by now). They can use it to access their bank accounts, pay for food, unlock their houses and cars.

Article on a website: thousands-of-swedes-are-inserting-microchips-under-their-skin

A video about it (2 minutes, 28 seconds):
A guy in Utah puts chips in brains already.

https://blackrockneurotech.com/

"With more than 500 research and clinical partners, we’ve worked with some of the world’s leading neuroscience researchers to create novel brain-computer interface applications."

"The Leader In Brain-Computer Interface Technology

We are engineering the future of neurotech, with a simple mission: We want people with neurological disorders to walk, talk, see, hear, and feel again."

Here's an Amazing Polly video with a lot more about this company and it associations and transhumanism. 26 min. 13 if you put on 2x speed.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/5vTlF5YLv4Nz/

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Haha i dont need their chips. I already have been granted powers. No need to ape marvel