Heaven is here - NOW !

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Being There
captain of 1,000

Heaven is here - NOW !

Post by Being There »

Does anyone else believe like I do, that "heaven", or your heaven, will be - whatever you want it to be.

I'll let you think on that for awhile before I give you what I'm proposing and tell you what I think.

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Re: Heaven is here - NOW !

Post by JuneBug12000 »

I think earth life is actually hell.

A chance to see what it is like to have evil rewarded and good punished. But not always. Chaos really. Ruled by the author of chaos, the God of this world. Satan.

So, when it is all said and done, we will know whether we want heaven with the true God or more of this miserable place.

Don't get me wrong. I see our Father God here as well. His role being to bless those who call on Him and turn to Him and obey Him.

I have known since I was a small child that this is not my home. I am very much a stranger here.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

JuneBug12000 wrote: April 12th, 2023, 8:31 am I think earth life is actually hell.

A chance to see what it is like to have evil rewarded and good punished. But not always. Chaos really. Ruled by the author of chaos, the God of this world. Satan.

So, when it is all said and done, we will know whether we want heaven with the true God or more of this miserable place.

Don't get me wrong. I see our Father God here as well. His role being to bless those who call on Him and turn to Him and obey Him.

I have known since I was a small child that this is not my home. I am very much a stranger here.
I totally agree !
and have thought almost exactly the same things as you.

I have felt like Enoch - who confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But - without saying what I want to say right now -
but to give you a little hint -
while it seems more like Hell here,
aren't you - in a way - making your Heaven here - NOW ?

Think about that.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

Being There wrote: April 12th, 2023, 8:51 am
JuneBug12000 wrote: April 12th, 2023, 8:31 am I think earth life is actually hell.

I totally agree !
and have thought almost exactly the same things as you.

I have felt like Enoch - who confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

But - without saying what I want to say right now -
but to give you a little hint -
while it seems more like Hell here,
aren't you - in a way - making your Heaven here - NOW ?

Think about that.
Ditto. I feel like an alien marooned on a strange planet and I'm waiting for the mother ship to return and take me back to sanity.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

I bumped this thread - just to put some contrast to the thread
'Hell on Earth Are we the third part that fell? "

I never commented much because I didn't get much responses .
And I have to gather my thoughts again on this,
but it has to do with these scriptures and others,
But aren't you making a little bit of what your heaven will be everyday ?
STOP and think about it.

Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
Matthew 6

HOW MANY OF YOU BELIEVE - THAT MAYBE YOUR HEAVEN WILL BE -
WHATEVER YOU WANT IT TO BE - AND DESIRE IT TO BE -
BY WHERE EVER YOUR HEART IS NOW -
and that you are really preparing for that now - actually living it -
and making your heaven now -
BY THE THINGS YOU DESIRE.

7 For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he ....
Proverbs 23

21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

So what is your treasure - where is your hearts (desire)

The kingdom of God cometh not with observation:
Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there!
for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.
Luke 17

"The kingdom of God is referenced often in the gospels (e.g., Mark 1:15; 10:15; 15:43; Luke 17:20) and other places in the New Testament (e.g., Acts 28:31; Romans 14:17; 1 Corinthians 15:50).
The kingdom of God is synonymous with the kingdom of heaven.
The concept of the kingdom of God takes on various shades of meaning in different passages of Scripture.

More narrowly,
the kingdom of God is a spiritual rule over the hearts and lives
of those who willingly submit to God’s authority.

Those who defy God’s authority and refuse to submit to Him are not part of the kingdom of God; "

"While some believe that the Kingdom of God and Kingdom of Heaven are referring to different things,
it is clear that both phrases are referring to the same thing."

"How can we store up treasures in heaven?

Jesus told us to “store up for yourselves treasures in heaven” (Matthew 6:20).
He linked this command to the desire of our hearts: “
Where your treasure is, there your heart will be also”
(Matthew 6:21; see also verses 10–20)."
Last edited by Being There on May 26th, 2023, 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

In response to that other thread and also applies here - the world is ripening in iniquity. I remember 50 years ago and evil things that are now commonplace were unheard of.

To a younger person I definitely can understand the perspective that this earth is hell. I've see enough of a better world here to know better. But things are intensifying. Evil is called good and good evil, and this is why we see evil being rewarded and good punished. That doesn't make this earth hell, it makes it a TEST. If good were always rewarded and evil always punished, it would not be much of a test, there would be no need to play the long game because the short game would reward the proper behavior.

I do think that earth is a potential heaven and a potential hell and mankind is in general failing. I think many wish the Second Coming would hurry up and happen, but honestly I think the earth would be almost completely depopulated if the Second Coming happened right now. That may be unrighteous judgement on my part. But I think things have to get ugly, that is the times of tribulation and the end times, and that's just the way it is. A sifting and a TEST is happening and intensifying.

The Refiner's fire isn't easy.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Being There wrote: April 12th, 2023, 8:11 am Does anyone else believe like I do, that "heaven", or your heaven, will be - whatever you want it to be.

I'll let you think on that for awhile before I give you what I'm proposing and tell you what I think.
You are what you eat, physically.
You are what you think, spiritually.

But spiritual laws are higher & seemingly up against more opposition since we are in the midst of a spiritual battle. I rarely miss a day without exercising & never miss a day without dressing, so maybe I need to be as vigilant spiritually.