The Nemenhah Records—Thoughts & Impressions

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Nemenhah Records—Thoughts & Impressions

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

I guess this could explain why we don’t see many horses in the older Native American nation…. :)
2) But behold, because the seasons have changed, the more part of the horses, even the greater portion of them, have been eaten by the people. For, during the time when the seasons were all in change, the Nemenhah were put to great labor just to survive and the horses were deemed surplus. And the horses of the Nemenhah became their salvation in the first and coldest of years. Wherefore, they are exceedingly rare in my day and one scarcely sees them anymore.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 13th, 2023, 8:42 am I guess this could explain why we don’t see many horses in the older Native American nation…. :)
2) But behold, because the seasons have changed, the more part of the horses, even the greater portion of them, have been eaten by the people. For, during the time when the seasons were all in change, the Nemenhah were put to great labor just to survive and the horses were deemed surplus. And the horses of the Nemenhah became their salvation in the first and coldest of years. Wherefore, they are exceedingly rare in my day and one scarcely sees them anymore.
Horses are amazingly tolerant of cold (maybe not as much as some dogs), but they often end up eaten in times of famine. Most of the Anglophone world has a food taboo regarding horses as mucy as many Jews & Muslims with pigs, or Hindus with cows, yet many other nations are less hesitant about eating them.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Here’s a really interesting insight into the culture of the Nemenhah. During the Winter months they worked mostly in their lodges since it was cold and snowy. To stave off boredom they spent their time telling stories. I honestly believe this is a lost art in our day. It has been replaced by phones and devices, social media and movies, video games and constant entertainment.

In a family history record I compiled for my grandparents, my uncle shared a story of how his summer evenings were spent outside in lawn chairs talking and sharing stories. He’s the one uncle in particular who became a really good storyteller, and his son followed after him.

There is something significant to oral traditions (storytelling), they invoke emotion that cannot be contained in the written work. In reality, you get much more of a rich experience through an auditory exploration of an experience than the written word. In some small part, you get to relive the moment and get a small glimpse of what it was like to be there.
19) But the stories that were enjoyed the most by the children were those of the visit of the Great Healer, even that Jesus Christ, to the Nemenhah. And the story tellers never embellished, but read directly from the scriptures about His visit and recited directly His teachings.

20) And it was when the children and the elders sat down to do work of all kinds inside the lodge that the elders did commence to tell the Hero stories. And all the people listened as they went about their labors. And behold, this did shorten the day and cause it to pass meaningfully and with joy. And also in this way did the elders reestablish the importance of the Good Word in the hearts of the young people and the children.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

My heart yearns to learn higher and more pure truths. I also know that the only sure way to entertain and engrain these truths is through divine means. As part of Nemenhah culture, they taught their children how to communicate with the divine from an early age. In the following passages Moroni explains part of the process of how this was done.

True principles were taught in their temples. This included the story of creation, but going back much further than the LDS version, beginning with Father and Mother. Nothing was withheld and ALL were invited to learn and study. No requirement of obeying your leaders, only God and the Spirit.

Once their understanding was set upon a sound foundation of truth, they sought to set aside all distraction of the world in both the mental and physical space. Meditation and pure intent brought their spiritual self into alignment with heaven.
19) And the children are taught to diligently study the principles of the Temple and also to seek an introduction into the immortal World at an early age.

20) And for many, this training includes the manner of setting aside all physical distraction for a space of time. And for some this means the sensation and distraction of the body and they are taught to put such things aside. And they are taught the manner of meditation and prayer that does assist them in this endeavor.

21) For, it is very true, that for some the distraction of their actions, as also the actions of others, is that which constitutes their greatest obstacle.

22) And for others, their words, as also the words of others, are that which are the most distracting.

23) And still for others, the needs of the body and the sensations of the members are that which are the things that do prevent them.

24) All these things present obstacles to the mind and the spirit and the children are taught through diligent exercise to set them aside.

25) For the mind and the heart must be free of such things and filled only with good and righteous intention. Until such a state can be achieved, the Way will be an obstacle to the progress of the individual.

26) For it is upon the Way that the man or the woman does make the mighty change of heart. Yea, it is upon the Way that a new creation is made within the man or the woman. And this new creation is able to stand in the presence of Heavenly and Holy Beings. But behold, without this change the man or the woman must remain as they are.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I really like how this aligns with what Vinny Tolman was taught in his NDE. Drake, his guide, taught him about “the hour of power.” The first 30 minutes and the last 30 minutes of every day, if consecrated for a holy purpose, can be a great source of power to us. How amazing would this world ascend if everyone began their day focusing on positive thoughts, actions, and intentions? What if we set aside the distractions of social media and the day-to-day cares of the world and sought to connect with the Divine?

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: June 17th, 2023, 6:27 am I really like how this aligns with what Vinny Tolman was taught in his NDE. Drake, his guide, taught him about “the hour of power.” The first 30 minutes and the last 30 minutes of every day, if consecrated for a holy purpose, can be a great source of power to us. How amazing would this world ascend if everyone began their day focusing on positive thoughts, actions, and intentions? What if we set aside the distractions of social media and the day-to-day cares of the world and sought to connect with the Divine?
I begin and end my day reading lds forum where people try to imply i will either be banned if i dont follow their opinions or that i am non human.

And then they wonder why the world gets difficult for everyone stuck here.

Back in 2007 i liked anime and games simply because they served as a counter force to the darkness i was in.

I would use diffetent words to describe what the record writes of. Apotheosis. The holy spirit divine downloads. Healing blockages and trauma.

Dna seals and trauma blocking triggers.

The way sounds akin to the tao. A vague way to refer to ascension or returning home when a person elevates in level and understanding back to divine source.

They seem to be repeating jeshua s teachings rather than repeating the name jeshua.

You know how people who dont understand a famous teacher like socrates will quote socrates and mention socrates to back up their views. But when a person understands socrates and lives the teachings, they dont have to quote him any more.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I found this man’s perspective on death to be refreshing. We have all things to give thanks to the Creators, even our progression beyond this life:
24) And is there anything that is not worthy of celebration? Nay. Even death is for us cause for celebration. Yea, we do not fear transition, for it is emergence to us and we know unto what we emerge.

25) Yea, is there pain? Yet we celebrate. Is there suffering? Yet we celebrate.

26) For we exist that we might find joy in all that we may experience in our existence. We do not exist that we may claim ought from this life, but that we might claim that which, because of this life, we do merit. Wherefore, since we have such benefactors who are so anxious to provide for our needs, shall we not see the benefit in suffering and the boon that is death and not fear it?

27) For what is death that man ought to live in its dread? Is it permanent at all? Is there anything that does not perish? Is there anything that conveys with us out of this life? Nay, we know that our possessions must remain and none are permanent.

28) So also is death. It comes upon all but remains not. Yea, it is fleeting as the frost in summer.

29) Yea, death is not to be feared nor dreaded, but understood for what it is. Wherefore, understanding death as not a monster that robs us of life, but as a door that opens upon emergence, how can we not celebrate such a blessing?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: July 4th, 2023, 10:19 am
29) Yea, death is not to be feared nor dreaded, but understood for what it is. Wherefore, understanding death as not a monster that robs us of life, but as a door that opens upon emergence, how can we not celebrate such a blessing?

This has been on my mind a lot lately. Death is a beautiful mercy that can free many living things from undesirable circumstances. No matter what pain or lousy situation we may be in, death can free us. However, many circumstances still add a very sad element to death; a loved human child passing away, maybe a middle-aged spouse/parent passing away leaving behind their spouse and children when so many more years of life could be had. I guess what I'm trying to word is that death under many circumstances carries a sad weight to it but under many circumstances death can set free a living being that is suffering. We tend to focus on the sadness of death more often than the beauty and blessing of death.
Reluctant Watchman wrote: May 25th, 2023, 7:53 am Here’s a really interesting insight into the culture of the Nemenhah. During the Winter months they worked mostly in their lodges since it was cold and snowy. To stave off boredom they spent their time telling stories. I honestly believe this is a lost art in our day. It has been replaced by phones and devices, social media and movies, video games and constant entertainment.
Interesting. I've had winter anxiety/depression since I was a kid. I don't take medication to treat it because I don't feel it would really treat it. My body is missing out on the beauty and enrichment of warmer weather and the sun being present throughout more of the day. That's understandable and I want to healthily cope with that. So I have projects of trying to help certain things in the winter. It's a service project. It adds purpose to my routine during the cold, winter months. I've developed an appreciation for winter and the beauty found in it though it's still BY FAR my least favorite season. This nugget from the Nemenhah and how they approached winter is enlightening. While I enjoy video games I acknowledge they can be time wasters and perhaps have done more harm than good so I agree with you that doing more healthy things to entertain one another is a lost art.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

A little more insight into Nemenhah religious practices:
19) But behold, any person of good intention may officiate in the administration of the ordinances of baptism and of the sacrament of the Peacemaker’s supper. And any person of good intention is equal to the task of leading the instruction of the people. For, they all do instruct their own children in their homes constantly and this does prepare all the Nemenhah to become teachers and priests.
Many religious organization make idols out of their “offices” and levels of administration. God wants a pure heart with pure intent.

And, I should add, when Moroni states “any person of good intention”, this was not gender specific. Men and women participated in these ordinances.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: August 11th, 2023, 6:36 am A little more insight into Nemenhah religious practices:
19) But behold, any person of good intention may officiate in the administration of the ordinances of baptism and of the sacrament of the Peacemaker’s supper. And any person of good intention is equal to the task of leading the instruction of the people. For, they all do instruct their own children in their homes constantly and this does prepare all the Nemenhah to become teachers and priests.
Many religious organization make idols out of their “offices” and levels of administration. God wants a pure heart with pure intent.

And, I should add, when Moroni states “any person of good intention”, this was not gender specific. Men and women participated in these ordinances.
This is clearly contradictory to the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants.

“The manner of their elders and priests administering the flesh and blood of Christ unto the church; and they administered it according to the commandments of Christ; wherefore we know the manner to be true; and the elder or priest did minister it—” (Moroni 4:1)

“It is expedient that the church meet together often to partake of bread and wine in the remembrance of the Lord Jesus;
And the elder or priest shall administer it; and after this manner shall he administer it—he shall kneel with the church and call upon the Father in solemn prayer, saying:” (D&C 20:75-76)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Luke wrote: August 11th, 2023, 7:45 am This is clearly contradictory to the Book of Mormon and Doctrine and Covenants.

“The manner of their elders and priests administering the flesh and blood of Christ unto the church; and they administered it according to the commandments of Christ; wherefore we know the manner to be true; and the elder or priest did minister it—” (Moroni 4:1)

“It is expedient that the church meet together often to partake of bread and wine in the remembrance of the Lord Jesus;
And the elder or priest shall administer it; and after this manner shall he administer it—he shall kneel with the church and call upon the Father in solemn prayer, saying:” (D&C 20:75-76)
I'd suggest you ponder on these as titles, not something given solely to men. Elder and priest is a title. I also believe some Nephites, even honorable Nephites, held biases. For example, they were often racist. Just look at Samuel. He was dark-skinned and even some of their religious authorities didn't include his writings and prophecies until the Lord called them out on it. There were heavy social stigmas even in their day.

As for D&C, well, Joseph had women give blessings. I think this is similar to blacks and the priesthood. At times Joseph held certain biases due to the social stigmas of his day. Yet he was far more Avante-garde for his day.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

A few thoughts on the power of faith, prophesying in the name of the Lord, taking the Lord’s name in vain, receiving the Lord’s commission, and what constitutes scripture and a true endowment:
61) And this is the thing that the servant of the Peacemaker must understand. For, when His servants do speak and act in His name, the elements obey.

62) Wherefore, it is written, take not the Peacemaker’s name in vain. For the Peacemaker will not hold you harmless if you take His name in vain.

63) And if a man, speaking in the name of the Peacemaker, but having not His commission, does bestow upon another the Priesthood, what then? Shall there be any Priesthood? I say unto you, Nay.

64) And if a man, acting in the name of Christ, but having not His commission, does prophesy, what then? Shall it become scripture? Again, I say unto you, Nay.

65) And shall the covenants of the Peacemaker be entered into without His commission? Shall anyone go up to the Temple and there perform the ordinances without that He has made known unto them His will?

66) And, because a man say in his arrogance, This day I have an endowment from the Peacemaker. Shall there be any power in the endowment? Nay!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

In our family study we’ve come to one of the more fascinating stories in the Nemenhah Record. Moroni has just finished a long discourse on how the Lord calls and commissions anyone into the service of the priesthood and gives several examples of how it was done. King Noah in the BoM being one of the incorrect examples. Another was Pharaoh who came through the lineage of Noah. They felt that just because someone had placed hands on their heads that they received certain keys and authority, which was false.

The name of this man is Tuhcahntor and he is one of the best parallels to the LDS church leadership that I’ve ever seen. Looking back, it’s honestly shocking to think that I used to be ok with some of these ideas. Here are a few examples:

1. Anything this man spoke was seemingly from the Lord.
2. You never decline a calling.
3. Only the “prophet” can receive revelation for the whole world/church. Stay in your runway of revelation.
4. You can’t disagree w/ the prophet.
5. Once they have spoken, don’t question them and their authority.
8) And they resolved upon another to take unto themselves a certain man to be High Priest who was mighty in prophecy. And his name was Tuhcahntohr, and he was descended from Hagoth and from Hehmehntah.

9) And he did walk upon the Way for a time. But behold, he ceased to subject all things unto the confirmation of the Holy Ghost, insomuch that he did begin to interpret every thought that did come into his mind and into his heart as the very word and will of the Peacemaker. And because of this, he did begin to place constraints upon the personal revelation that is the right of every person.

10) Yea, when he called upon his fellow servants to fill certain stewardships, he did declare unto them that they had no choice in the matter. Or, in other words, he taught them that they ought not to importune the Peacemaker in the matter because that he had already received the word of the Peacemaker.

11) And also he did begin to teach that only the High Priest had the keys to prophesy and to receive revelation for and in behalf of the whole nation. Wherefore, the individual had no more right to such things, for his Creator had chosen him to be His seer.

12) Now, in this thing he did greatly err. For, the seer is the servant of the Peacemaker. And if he is the Peacemaker’s servant, then he must also be the servant of the people.

13) Yet the High Priest of Mentinah did manifest what he declared to be the will of the Peacemaker unto all the people and he did not invite them to follow, but rather, he demanded obedience of them. Wherefore, he became the taskmaster of all the people.

14) And this was grievous to the people. For the Peacemaker had taught them that they must come unto Him. But the High Priest insisted that they must not importune Him nor weary Him with inquiry.

15) Yea, he even taught the people that to do so, or in other words, to inquire of the Peacemaker concerning any matter upon which the High Priest had already spoken, was to take the Peacemaker’s name in vain.

16) And behold, this teaching did go about the country and there were some of the High Priests in other cities and settlements that took it up also. Yea, and even some of the Priests and the Teachers did also take it up. To the extent that a division developed among the people.

17) And the people of my city did come unto me and they did inquire of me my opinion of the doctrine, saying:

18) What think you of this new doctrine which the High Priest of Mentinah does preach concerning importuning the Peacemaker in all things?

19) For, he does teach us that we ought not to seek the confirmation of the Holy Ghost in all things, but that in all matters upon which our leaders have already spoken, we should leave well enough alone. For, if we importune the Peacemaker, yea, if we weary Him, do we not endanger our own salvation?

20) And I answered them, saying:

21) This doctrine is false.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Meanwhile, viewtopic.php?t=72150

Since shame and guilt are like 30-50, blame is slightly higher. So they are making progress! Haha. Meanwhile Jeshua is waiting up at 1000.

"18) What think you of this new doctrine which the High Priest of Mentinah does preach concerning importuning the Peacemaker in all things?"

I think it is a clever ploy by Satan's Own to create middle men between humans and their gods.

"20) And I answered them, saying:

21) This doctrine is false."

Who do you think you are, some guy with superpowahs? You must be autistic or something. Channeling LDS Utah MOrmonism forum.

" Looking back, it’s honestly shocking to think that I used to be ok with some of these ideas. "

Haha. I never did even back in 2006. 2003, I was naive enough to believe the government wished us the best. Only took 3 years for me to figure it out.

You still have a long way to go, but progress is good so far.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

One of the most abused concepts in religion is that God speaks to prophets… AND that their prophet is the one and only prophet and that we can’t question them. The LDS church is one of the worst offenders. Amos 3:7 and D&C 1:38 are so abused today.

In these verses Moroni is conversing with the man I noted previously.
84) Wherefore, the Lord has taught that He shall surely reveal His secrets unto His servants the Prophets. But behold, He has also taught that we must submit all His words and revelations unto the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

85) Verily, he has taught that it is by the power of the Holy Ghost that we shall test all things. Yea, it is by the gift of the Holy Ghost that we shall prove all things. And it is by the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost that all things shall be made known, yea, all things shall become written in us as upon a book.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:40 pm One of the most abused concepts in religion is that God speaks to prophets… AND that their prophet is the one and only prophet and that we can’t question them. The LDS church is one of the worst offenders. Amos 3:7 and D&C 1:38 are so abused today.

84) Wherefore, the Lord has taught that He shall surely reveal His secrets unto His servants the Prophets. But behold, He has also taught that we must submit all His words and revelations unto the confirmation of the Holy Ghost.

85) Verily, he has taught that it is by the power of the Holy Ghost that we shall test all things. Yea, it is by the gift of the Holy Ghost that we shall prove all things. And it is by the unspeakable gift of the Holy Ghost that all things shall be made known, yea, all things shall become written in us as upon a book.
If these folk read their scriptures they would know there is frequently more than one prophet around and they aren't always aware of one another. The Book of Mormon even has different sets of apostles in the Old and New Worlds.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:43 pm If these folk read their scriptures they would know there is frequently more than one prophet around and they aren't always aware of one another. The Book of Mormon even has different sets of apostles in the Old and New Worlds.
But we are different today, we are special. ;) (Insert sermon given at the Rameumpton)

Reading the BoM clearly depicts varying roles of prophets and religious leaders. Both with good and bad examples. e.g. King Benjamin vs. King Noah
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on September 3rd, 2023, 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:50 pm
Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:43 pm If these folk read their scriptures they would know there is frequently more than one prophet around and they aren't always aware of one another. The Book of Mormon even has different sets of apostles in the Old and New Worlds.
But we are different today, we are special. ;) (Insert sermon given at at the Rameumpton)

Reading the BoM clearly depicts varying roles of prophets and religious leaders. Both with good and bad examples. e.g. King Benjamin vs. King Noah
I mentioned in my Koran thread that one of my problems with that book is that the prophets are all Peter Perfect. In the Bible etc, the prophets fall and make mistakes, because they are human. That is more inspiring than Peter Perfect, but it does warn us not to become complacent.

viewtopic.php?t=70169

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:54 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:50 pm
But we are different today, we are special. ;) (Insert sermon given at at the Rameumpton)

I mentioned in my Koran thread that one of my problems with that book is that the prophets are all Peter Perfect. In the Bible etc, the prophets fall and make mistakes, because they are human. That is more inspiring than Peter Perfect, but it does warn us not to become complacent.

viewtopic.php?t=70169
I could cite 3-4 examples in the Nemenhah Record where the prophets talk about their faults and shortcomings. One of the most notable is one of the prophets who recommended that they prepare for the Nephite/Lamanite war by building up bulwarks and timbers as well as a standing army. Doing so nearly destroyed the entire nation of Nemenhah people. This man resigned from his position as high priest and spent his remaining days striving to undo the damage he had done. These were some of his final words:
...Behold, my people did follow the Great High Priest in Mentinah as if he were God Himself, believing that I could not lead them off His path. Yea, they were all of the belief that God would smite me ere I could ever lead them astray. And smite me He has, with the certain knowledge that, if my people continue to follow my counsels, they shall all be destroyed.

Wherefore, I do leave my stewardship with this counsel; Lean upon God. Importune Him in all things. Cry unto Him even when He has given you visions! Cry unto Him even when He has blessed you with the Gifts of the Spirit! Cry unto Him even when He has walked with you and talked with you! Do not tempt the Lord your God in any thing, but cry unto Him unceasingly.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 12:40 pm One of the most abused concepts in religion is that God speaks to prophets… AND that their prophet is the one and only prophet and that we can’t question them. The LDS church is one of the worst offenders. Amos 3:7 and D&C 1:38 are so abused today.

"...by ...gift of Holy Ghost..all things shall become written in us as upon a book."
this is beautiful.

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Many of those who didn’t “test” Rusty’s words are feeling the effects of the jab. Those of us who did “test” his words are still feeling healthy.

ATPW = Always Test Prophet’s Words

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Lineman1012 wrote: September 3rd, 2023, 6:35 pm ATPW = Always Test Prophet’s Words
I had a chat w/ a friend the other day and this idea came up. The question I had was “who” are prophets in the first place? The LDS org has hijacked that term to mean something completely different than what scripture teaches. “By their fruits ye may know them.”

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

In our studies we are continuing through the story of this man who took authority unto himself and subjugated those beneath him. Do any of these verses sound familiar? I believe there was a better way then, and there is a better way today:
6) And the followers of Tuhcahntohr worshipped the Peacemaker after their own conscience and most ways their worship did resemble the ways of the Nemenhah, except that the Priesthood was elevated in an extreme manner and almost they did appear to worship the High Priest and extol him instead of the Peacemaker. And the Priesthood and all public service was withheld from all women.

9) Yea, in all ways they did resemble the Nemenhah and they did do the things the Nemenhah did, except in the power and authority they rendered unto the High Priest, and also in the manner in which they did subjugate women.

11) But behold, among the followers of Tuhcahntohr, there were those who had much, in terms of spiritual things, and there were those who had less. And behold, among them there were even those unto whom the ordinances and the gifts were withheld because they were deemed unworthy by the High Priest.
What I find so intriguing about this story is that this man and his church checked many of the same “boxes” or religious practices as the other people, but it was this small deviation in exalting men above others and severing the revelatory connection between the heavens and the people that made all the difference.

I can see why people love to gravitate to the LDS org. They get so much right. But, those few things where they tend to deviate from truth (at least what I perceive as truth) makes a massive difference.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I’m now sure how much more I’ll share from this errant high priest, but the parallels to our day and the LDS religion are so stunning.
22) By taking control over who might own the Priesthood, the Tuhcahntohrhah did also seek to take control over the entire city and all the people. For, to control the surplus is to control the stewardships, and to control the Priesthood is to control the ordinances. Therefore, according to the doctrine of Tuhcahntohr, both the temporal and the spiritual life of the people were to be placed under the stewardship of the High Priests of the city and of those whom he chose to anoint to the Priesthood.

23) And Tuhcahntohr sought to raise himself up as a Prophet King and a ruler unto the people, deciding for them what was right both for the maintenance of their bodies and their families and also who might avail themselves of ordinances necessary for salvation, according to his doctrine. This was his design and at first, at least, there were many in Mentinah who followed him. It is certain that so many did follow Tuhcahntohr in the beginning that the people were divided down the middle, the half believing in the teaching of the new Prophet and the other remaining faithful to the doctrine of Wyaykihn and accountability.
Wyaykihn was the process by which the Spirit spoke to the heart of a person and they received their commission from the Lord to enter into the service of others through the Priesthood. All things were to be confirmed through the Spirit. And the Priesthood did not dictate from a top-down structure. The people had a voice. Kind of crazy how similar that is to the law of common consent outlined in D&C.

The modern church has perfected the art of mind control through repetitive mantras, frequent interviews, and a very thorough weeding out process of those who dare challenge their theologies and authority. Nearly every aspected noted in these verses has infected the modern church.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

This section of the Records is quite beautiful. In this section Moroni is going through the various laws or pillars. He’s already talked about the pillar of knowledge/gospel. And he’s now talking about the pillar of sacrifice. It would be nice to include the entire discourse, because there is so much good stuff in it, but it’s quite long.

Mother and Father work in perfect unison together. Gender is important in the eternities and to the process of creation.
76) And it is obedience unto these things that does begin to change the man and the women into something which is unified. Yea, by the Pillar of Virtue we do also accept and learn the Gospel. And it is by this law that men do bind themselves unto women and women do bind themselves unto men. And this is a thing that must be, if they are to become truly as the Creator. For, without the binding of the Mother and the Father, there is not anything created that is created. And again, by this law men and women begin to understand that the natural law is part of the heavenly world, but that man’s knowledge of it is entirely insufficient. Wherefore, he does begin by performances to exercise a little of the spiritual into the material, and in so doing he discovers the heavenly in everything.

For clarification, Tsi Aylohway is Father in Heaven, Pah Ayloway is Mother in Heaven. I’ve often corrected these names in previous posts, but people should be aware of the names if they read the record so they aren’t confused.

77) The same is the Heavenly Family. Tsi Aylohway gives that endowment of power which does provide place. Pah Ayloway gives the endowment of power which brings life unto all the place. The Aylohhihm create, and without the two endowments of power there is no creation.

78) Yea, because of Pah Aylohway, we may perceive ourselves and know that we are. Verily, we are intelligent of our surroundings and of the creation because of that which She has given. Yea, it is Her endowment that gives us self-knowing and because of that, we may know who we verily are and what is our place in the Universe.

79) And behold, because of Tsi Aylohway, we have purpose and function. Yea, there is much that is organized and that will obey the word and will of Creation. We have our physical bodies and the physical world because of His endowment, and because He has shared His power with us, we are given to duplicate His work.