Humor - what's so funny?

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Humor - what's so funny?

Post by Niemand »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:50 am
creator wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:25 am
I noticed he was buried next to Ponderous Cody.

I never realized I named my kids wrong. I just gave them a regular ole name without the adjective at the front.

Maybe I could have set them up better for life with a cool adjective like Celestial Sarah, or Righteous Raymond.

Anybody know how much it costs to change kids names? And can I do it still if they are over 18?
Some of my relatives have been giving their children outrageous names recently. Seems the fashion. Can't really go into what they are, as I'd give away my secret identity but some of them will change them when they get older.

Don't know any Sarahs or Raymonds who would fit those names though.

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

That is funny. But you know George is right, to a certain degree. Yes, we should waste and wear out our lives bringing to light the hidden things of darkness, but not at the expense of love. I kinda needed to see that today.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Niemand wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 11:39 am
JuneBug12000 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:50 am
I noticed he was buried next to Ponderous Cody.

I never realized I named my kids wrong. I just gave them a regular ole name without the adjective at the front.

Maybe I could have set them up better for life with a cool adjective like Celestial Sarah, or Righteous Raymond.

Anybody know how much it costs to change kids names? And can I do it still if they are over 18?
Some of my relatives have been giving their children outrageous names recently. Seems the fashion. Can't really go into what they are, as I'd give away my secret identity but some of them will change them when they get older.

Don't know any Sarahs or Raymonds who would fit those names though.
Utah Mormons have been known to give their kids weird names. While filling a temple shift in the baptistery a family came in, and their two teen girls were named Heaven and Celestial. In my ward there was a family with four children — Sentinel, Castle, Cannon, and Sabre.

I have four children and ten grandchildren and they all have normal, well-known names. I am so blessed!!

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

I think most of us can relate to George here. I sent this to a friend who has marched with the proud boys. When two of his tires got slashed, he asked, what would you have done? I said, I wouldn’t have been there……

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I posted this video here in humor because as I was first watching it I found hilarious, but by the end it does make a powerful and more serious point about love.

When considering the purpose of this life, truth and love are two of the most important things. But what good is discovering all the truth in the world if you have no love for others. And think of how misguided love can be without truth. It's interesting to contemplate how a strength can become a weakness if we have a lot of one attribute but not enough of another.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

The 3 kingdoms require graduation tests on love and truth. For those that ace in both categories, they won't need to worry about failing.

And if one is strong in one part but not the other, the aggregate score may still pass the lower hurdles.

But most people in the West are front lobe dominant. They like to use logick to scapel dissect things. To cut them open and figure out the inside truth.

Love is not like that, it is an emotional intelligence. Leaps of faith, trust, and not needing to know every little nsa spy detail.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Never mind sexism and ageism, a topless middle aged man in a bathtub will do the trick.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220617-120927_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220617-120927_Chrome.jpg (282.72 KiB) Viewed 450 times

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reminds me of that Eddie van Halen solo I saw earlier. Very impressive to some but goes nowhere.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

creator wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 12:35 pm I posted this video here in humor because as I was first watching it I found hilarious, but by the end it does make a powerful and more serious point about love.

When considering the purpose of this life, truth and love are two of the most important things. But what good is discovering all the truth in the world if you have no love for others. And think of how misguided love can be without truth. It's interesting to contemplate how a strength can become a weakness if we have a lot of one attribute but not enough of another.
Yeah, it was kind of funny at first but then profound. Curious George figured out what’s most worthwhile to spend his curiosity on. Love is important but so is discernment to be able to love God/truth, others & oneself in harmony as well as possible.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Brian Regan on dogs +2m https://youtu.be/cBXpbAwgrJA
🐕
Cussing but probably what dogs might say: https://youtube.com/shorts/5IPgzZ8Noq8?feature=share

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

More ironic than funny...
memorial day.jpg
memorial day.jpg (94.71 KiB) Viewed 380 times

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Attachments
206a1e.jpg
206a1e.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Screenshot_20230525-132651_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230525-132651_YouTube.jpg (89.89 KiB) Viewed 358 times
Screenshot_20230603-100550_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230603-100550_YouTube.jpg (45.47 KiB) Viewed 358 times

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

McCarthy-liar.jpg
McCarthy-liar.jpg (54.74 KiB) Viewed 356 times

Lineman1012
captain of 100

Post by Lineman1012 »

Fred wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 11:28 am McCarthy-liar.jpg
Congress needs to fire him or they all are LIARS!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Lineman1012 wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:09 pmCongress needs to fire him or they all are LIARS!
Vast majority of Republicans and Democrats (nationwide) have been corrupt for a long long time.

Hopefully enough people eventually wake up to the false left-right paradigm they've been supporting.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

After my husband and I had a huge argument, we ended up not talking to each other for days.
Finally, on the third day, he asked where one of his shirts was.
"Oh," I said, "So now you're speaking to me."
He looked confused,
"What are you talking about?"
"Haven't you noticed I haven't spoken to you for three days?" I challenged.
"No," he said, "I just thought we were getting along."

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:46 pm
Lineman1012 wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 4:09 pmCongress needs to fire him or they all are LIARS!
Vast majority of Republicans and Democrats (nationwide) have been corrupt for a long long time.

Hopefully enough people eventually wake up to the false left-right paradigm they've been supporting.
It is worth pointing out that when the World Economic Forum and Bilderbergers invite major politicians to their gatherings, they always pick both the government party and the opposition. In the case of the USA, the system is designed so neither party is ever out of power at some level and no third party can oust either of them.

Many western countries have some variant of this system. Liberals and Labor in Australia. Fianna Fail and Fine Gael in Ireland. Labout and Conservatives in the UK etc etc.

It is of course easier to buy off two parties than three, and two parties gives more impression of choice than one.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Niemand wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 3:10 am.
And don't pet the bison in Yellowstone Park.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Fred wrote: June 4th, 2023, 3:52 pm After my husband and I had a huge argument, we ended up not talking to each other for days.
Finally, on the third day, he asked where one of his shirts was.
"Oh," I said, "So now you're speaking to me."
He looked confused,
"What are you talking about?"
"Haven't you noticed I haven't spoken to you for three days?" I challenged.
"No," he said, "I just thought we were getting along."
More sad than funny, but I recall reading a story about a pioneer (LDS) wagon train where an older married couple got into an argument. In the morning, the wife stayed in the wagon and didn't talk to her husband. He thought she was still angry at him. Turned out she'd died in the night. 😱

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Attachments
4k7buf.jpg
4k7buf.jpg (60.77 KiB) Viewed 292 times
dog.png
dog.png (429.56 KiB) Viewed 292 times

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

With Dominion, your "choice" is insured.
Niemand wrote: June 4th, 2023, 4:34 pm
creator wrote: June 4th, 2023, 2:46 pm

It is worth pointing out that when the World Economic Forum and Bilderbergers invite major politicians to their gatherings, they always pick both the government party and the opposition. In the case of the USA, the system is designed so neither party is ever out of power at some level and no third party can oust either of them.

Many western countries have some variant of this system. Liberals and Labor in Australia. Fianna Fail and Fine Gael in Ireland. Labout and Conservatives in the UK etc etc.

It is of course easier to buy off two parties than three, and two parties gives more impression of choice than one.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

propaganda.jpg
propaganda.jpg (76.09 KiB) Viewed 257 times

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated