Please allow me to introduce myself

Tell us about yourself...
ibaconi
Hi, I'm new.

Please allow me to introduce myself

Post by ibaconi »

I'm a highly educated folklorist. M.A. and years of research. Various religions being some of the most potent and enduring folkloric genres in existence has kept my interest in religions as well as politics alive all of my life. I grew up in one of the VERY few non Mormon families in the town I grew up in. In fact, I didn't know there was such a thing as a non-Mormon until I was probably 7 years old. My family wanting me to fit in comfortably in the local community and aware of the natural prejudicial nature of people in general. It didn't work, of course, the parents of my friends knew my family was non-Mormon. My father finally broke his silence on the topic during the Civil Rights awakening that went on during the 60s. The LDS people tend to be magnificently good people, but at that time their racial prejudice was profound. We were taught in Sunday School that one day "negroes" would become righteous, and when they did, their skin would become pale and they would eventually be allowed to hold the priesthood. My father had been watching the news and explaining to me what was happening to Black America. He would explain the frustration they had to have been facing being up against principally the same party that fought to maintain slavery, the demonicrats, who were now fighting against Civil Rights, which my father carefully explained were human rights, and he pointed out to me, for the first time that those people are lying to you in church. He told me Young said, "no n--ger will ever hold the Priesthood." I can find no direct quotation of that but other racial statements are east to find: "“we just as well give mules the right to vote as negroes and Indians.” The church has now long been involved in the effort to justify this racial nature, claiming such things as a "divine purpose" in the racial ban but I've yet to hear any logic or example resonating from that claim.

Thus it must be said that I am rather a skeptic, yet rather intrigued by the success of the LDS church and the goodness of most of its members. Everything I can find Biblically, historically, aprocriphalic and otherwise indicates the personal nature of the Christian faith. There is indeed a great deal of truth to be found but I find the elimination of ultimate glory (the Celestial Kingdom) being restricted to the baptized, a prejudice not far removed in type from not allowing Blacks to hold the priesthood or enter the Temple (which Joseph Smith did allow).

The bottom line is my fascination is both of a folkloric AND spiritual pursuit. My intent will never be to offend... well.... certain exceptions such as pedophiles whom I'll freely and openly oppose and offend...

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Please allow me to introduce myself

Post by creator »

Quite the interesting introduction. Welcome!

Atrasado
captain of 1,000

Post by Atrasado »

ibaconi wrote: May 11th, 2023, 6:52 pm I'm a highly educated folklorist. M.A. and years of research. Various religions being some of the most potent and enduring folkloric genres in existence has kept my interest in religions as well as politics alive all of my life. I grew up in one of the VERY few non Mormon families in the town I grew up in. In fact, I didn't know there was such a thing as a non-Mormon until I was probably 7 years old. My family wanting me to fit in comfortably in the local community and aware of the natural prejudicial nature of people in general. It didn't work, of course, the parents of my friends knew my family was non-Mormon. My father finally broke his silence on the topic during the Civil Rights awakening that went on during the 60s. The LDS people tend to be magnificently good people, but at that time their racial prejudice was profound. We were taught in Sunday School that one day "negroes" would become righteous, and when they did, their skin would become pale and they would eventually be allowed to hold the priesthood. My father had been watching the news and explaining to me what was happening to Black America. He would explain the frustration they had to have been facing being up against principally the same party that fought to maintain slavery, the demonicrats, who were now fighting against Civil Rights, which my father carefully explained were human rights, and he pointed out to me, for the first time that those people are lying to you in church. He told me Young said, "no n--ger will ever hold the Priesthood." I can find no direct quotation of that but other racial statements are east to find: "“we just as well give mules the right to vote as negroes and Indians.” The church has now long been involved in the effort to justify this racial nature, claiming such things as a "divine purpose" in the racial ban but I've yet to hear any logic or example resonating from that claim.

Thus it must be said that I am rather a skeptic, yet rather intrigued by the success of the LDS church and the goodness of most of its members. Everything I can find Biblically, historically, aprocriphalic and otherwise indicates the personal nature of the Christian faith. There is indeed a great deal of truth to be found but I find the elimination of ultimate glory (the Celestial Kingdom) being restricted to the baptized, a prejudice not far removed in type from not allowing Blacks to hold the priesthood or enter the Temple (which Joseph Smith did allow).

The bottom line is my fascination is both of a folkloric AND spiritual pursuit. My intent will never be to offend... well.... certain exceptions such as pedophiles whom I'll freely and openly oppose and offend...
Don't worry about baptism. Everyone eventually will be given a chance to accept it and good reasons to do so. Right now, I don't think the Lord is pleased with the Church, so perhaps the Spirit might not be witnessing as broadly, anymore.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

ibaconi wrote: May 11th, 2023, 6:52 pm I'm a highly educated folklorist. M.A. and years of research. Various religions being some of the most potent and enduring folkloric genres in existence has kept my interest in religions as well as politics alive all of my life. I grew up in one of the VERY few non Mormon families in the town I grew up in. In fact, I didn't know there was such a thing as a non-Mormon until I was probably 7 years old. My family wanting me to fit in comfortably in the local community and aware of the natural prejudicial nature of people in general. It didn't work, of course, the parents of my friends knew my family was non-Mormon. My father finally broke his silence on the topic during the Civil Rights awakening that went on during the 60s. The LDS people tend to be magnificently good people, but at that time their racial prejudice was profound. We were taught in Sunday School that one day "negroes" would become righteous, and when they did, their skin would become pale and they would eventually be allowed to hold the priesthood. My father had been watching the news and explaining to me what was happening to Black America. He would explain the frustration they had to have been facing being up against principally the same party that fought to maintain slavery, the demonicrats, who were now fighting against Civil Rights, which my father carefully explained were human rights, and he pointed out to me, for the first time that those people are lying to you in church. He told me Young said, "no n--ger will ever hold the Priesthood." I can find no direct quotation of that but other racial statements are east to find: "“we just as well give mules the right to vote as negroes and Indians.” The church has now long been involved in the effort to justify this racial nature, claiming such things as a "divine purpose" in the racial ban but I've yet to hear any logic or example resonating from that claim.

Welcome to the forum. I find more truth and truth seekers here than I ever did in church. I think you will fit in nicely. I look forward to reading your posts.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Please allow me to introduce myself... I'm a highly educated folklorist.
I thought you were going to say you were a "man of wealth and taste". Sorry, Rolling Stones reference.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

Welcome! I came very close to leaving the church due in great part to the false teachings of racism. I now take all with a grain of salt and use the teachings as stepping stools for me to seek out deeper understandings (which do not always align)

Folklore is fascinating as it shapes entire groups of peoples for generations. Very interesting finding origins of one's way of thinking.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

I suppose most would people think I'm racist

I believe God is a white man and so was Adam. But I don't dislike anyone because their skin tone. (But the hilarious thing is if a black person thinks God is black, it's not racist lmao )

I do believe in white excellence. But even that's not really a belief, it's factual....

I don't care if people think I'm racist.... I'd take a bullet for a black or white child.

White racism is the LEAST of our problems...

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Welcome to the forum!

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Greetings cousin.

"The church has now long been involved in the effort to justify this racial nature, claiming such things as a "divine purpose" in the racial ban but I've yet to hear any logic or example resonating from that claim."

As far as I can see, after Utah was well defended against the Union and CW1, a lot of Southerners and free masons ended up in Utah somehow and integrated into Young's community. Young accepted them for his mentor Joseph Smith was also a 3rd degree Mason. That was perhaps the beginning of the infiltration, although many think it began long before when treason killed Joseph Smith, a Presidential candidate.

What satans cannot destroy in the Latter day saints, they simply infiltrate and hijack. Many of the officers in the division sent to suppress the mormon "rebels" were made out of Southern officers that later seceded and fought the Union. Guess where many went after the CW ended. Once the railroad hit Utah, it was a dramatic change in demographics.

As for black skin, that is a sign of a spiritual connection to the Earth. One of the more advanced civilizations in our local galaxy is a black/shamanic culture, that people may meet in a small amount of years. I suspect the historical suppression of the black skinned people is precisely because the qabal knows this and fears them incarnating here. So they do everything, including wars and waxxines, to make those countries miserable.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

It is not just the colour of the Negro, it is their distinctive features which separate them from the Aryan.
Our Heavenly Father separated the races and confounded the languages, it is His will and purpose.
All races should prefer their own, and stay with them.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Re:

Post by Ymarsakar »

Elizabeth wrote: May 17th, 2023, 7:17 am It is not just the colour of the Negro, it is their distinctive features which separate them from the Aryan.
Our Heavenly Father separated the races and confounded the languages, it is His will and purpose.
All races should prefer their own, and stay with them.
It is not "Races" it is frequency/DNA based. The root races were seeded a long time ago and intermixing was supposed to be banned, much like the Old Testament talked about not breeding with other tribes.

These days, it is all intermixed at this point with various different human and non human DNA templates. Angelic, satanic, fallen angelic, it's all in there now. CHrist/Jeshua's DNA too.

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

Are you "a man of wealth and fame, been around for a million years...."?

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

Has anyone seen the new vid on YouTube entitled "Framing Joseph" yet? If you can watch that and still not see when and where the church fell, please post your pic in Webster's dictionary under the definition of "Cognitive Dissonence".

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Welcome to the forum!

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Nevervaxxed wrote: May 18th, 2023, 9:09 am Has anyone seen the new vid on YouTube entitled "Framing Joseph" yet? If you can watch that and still not see when and where the church fell, please post your pic in Webster's dictionary under the definition of "Cognitive Dissonence".
Are you going to link to the video?

Nevervaxxed
captain of 100

Post by Nevervaxxed »

If you just say "Framing Joseph" on youtube it comes right up, but here's the link:

https://youtu.be/CKCV73BBaB0

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Nevervaxxed wrote: May 18th, 2023, 3:31 pm If you just say "Framing Joseph" on youtube it comes right up, but here's the link:

https://youtu.be/CKCV73BBaB0
That link goes to a lying prick from Rocky Mountain Power...
Here is the real link:

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

nightlight wrote: May 12th, 2023, 5:48 am I suppose most would people think I'm racist

I believe God is a white man and so was Adam. But I don't dislike anyone because their skin tone. (But the hilarious thing is if a black person thinks God is black, it's not racist lmao )

I do believe in white excellence. But even that's not really a belief, it's factual....

I don't care if people think I'm racist.... I'd take a bullet for a black or white child.

White racism is the LEAST of our problems...
Whites are actually pretty average in the IQ dept. Jews and Asians are top tier, Caucasians put the bell in bell curve.

I agree whites have dominated in innovation and arts, although in the innovation department, we often are just figuring out better ways to kill mass numbers of people or dominate in other ways (i.e. financialization). Even in the non musical arts, a lot of our accomplishment is essentially some form of idol building.

Bottom line is there are exceptionally good, exceptionally bad, and everything in between of all races.

Two of the three of the Big Bads of the 20th century were white (Stalin, Mao, and Hitler being those three imho)