This video got me thinking about who wrote the Book of Jonah, and how we have record of it.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: This video got me thinking about who wrote the Book of Jonah, and how we have record of it.

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Can someone explain to me how/why some people have started thinking Mike Sherwin is a messenger from God (some think he's JS reincarnated)? He used to post here and was fond of the fallen prophet theory of Joseph Smith and at least once said the BOM text was tampered with, having falsities incorporated into the text.

What compelling material did he produce on a largely inactive and hidden forum that made a handful of people start to think the Lord may be speaking through him?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

who wrote the Book of Jonah

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 7:40 am Can someone explain to me how/why some people have started thinking Mike Sherwin is a messenger from God (some think he's JS reincarnated)? He used to post here and was fond of the fallen prophet theory of Joseph Smith and at least once said the BOM text was tampered with, having falsities incorporated into the text.

What compelling material did he produce on a largely inactive and hidden forum that made a handful of people start to think the Lord may be speaking through him?
Our reaction to his words are inline with historical expectations. Some posts are in Outer Darkness and only accessible to members of LDSFF. Recent posts are in Forum 57 at ldsfreedomforum.com, which likewise are only available to members there. This is in keeping with teaching in public, but also in private.

Compare and contrast out current experience with that of Jonah. When and who wrote the Book of Jonah may not be knowable to us, but the writing of it in past tense may lead one to believe it was written many years after the story took place. Likely this patten will repeat, so it goes.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: who wrote the Book of Jonah

Post by BuriedTartaria »

BeNotDeceived wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:16 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 7:40 am Can someone explain to me how/why some people have started thinking Mike Sherwin is a messenger from God (some think he's JS reincarnated)? He used to post here and was fond of the fallen prophet theory of Joseph Smith and at least once said the BOM text was tampered with, having falsities incorporated into the text.

Our reaction to his words are inline with historical expectations. Some posts are in Outer Darkness and only accessible to members of LDSFF. Recent posts are in Forum 57 at ldsfreedomforum.com, which likewise are only available to members there. This is in keeping with teaching in public, but also in private.

Compare and contrast out current experience with that of Jonah. When and who wrote the Book of Jonah may not be knowable to us, but the writing of it in past tense may lead one to believe it was written many years after the story took place. Likely this patten will repeat, so it goes.
Thanks for the message explaining the situation. I don't check out the request only (I think) Outer Darkness forum so I've never seen his material there. Some of his old posts caught my attention. I hope you and him and the group you've got going on are able to get closer to truth and bring good into the world.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Re: This video got me thinking about who wrote the Book of Jonah, and how we have record of it.

Post by Wolfwoman »

I’m not sure if you saw that he answered you here:
viewtopic.php?t=70951

I’ve not heard much about him or read much from him before. His introduction story about the number 57 is interesting and entertaining at the very least. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to mean though.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Wolfwoman wrote: May 17th, 2023, 3:20 am

I’m not sure if you saw that he answered you here:
viewtopic.php?t=70951

I’ve not heard much about him or read much from him before. His introduction story about the number 57 is interesting and entertaining at the very least. I’m not sure what it’s supposed to mean though.
Heinz 57, meaning of mixed race or breed.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

He is still here? In outer darkness section. ALso the moderator (correction, not a mod) moved your thread over there and he answered it.

Personally, if people started believing I was something or other and trying to raise me up, I would figure out a way to cast myself down and hide within the veil again. It is not yet time, since the trifurcation hadn't even happened yet.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: who wrote the Book of Jonah

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BuriedTartaria wrote: May 16th, 2023, 9:17 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: May 16th, 2023, 1:16 pm

Thanks for the message explaining the situation. I don't check out the request only (I think) Outer Darkness forum so I've never seen his material there. Some of his old posts caught my attention. I hope you and him and the group you've got going on are able to get closer to truth and bring good into the world.
People are amused that a forum such as this can play such a pivotal role, but the Bible is replete with similar examples. Lately the OD posts don’t even appear in the list of latest posts, which is a fulfillment of things said about his marred appearance. Still nobody has answered about when and who wrote the Book of Jonah. The Book of Noe or Noah is a better parallel of good things currently being built. People’s reluctance to post in public threads also inhibits the decimation of important information.

God is not pleased.

. . . * . . . . . . . . **