“I shall never partake of this fruit in the flesh; but you will..." Vision of Robert Mason

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

“I shall never partake of this fruit in the flesh; but you will..." Vision of Robert Mason

Post by kirtland r.m. »

Here is a very good rendition of sacred information that Robert Mason was shown years before the restoration. The people in his area of Connecticut called this man, the Old Prophet Mason.

The Vision This Man Had of the Restoration 30 Years Before It Happened + How It Led to Wilford Woodruff's Conversion https://www.ldsliving.com/the-vision-th ... on/s/86955

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: “I shall never partake of this fruit in the flesh; but you will..." Vision of Robert Mason

Post by larsenb »

kirtland r.m. wrote: April 30th, 2023, 9:15 pm Here is a very good rendition of sacred information that Robert Mason was shown years before the restoration. The people in his area of Connecticut called this man, the Old Prophet Mason.

The Vision This Man Had of the Restoration 30 Years Before It Happened + How It Led to Wilford Woodruff's Conversion https://www.ldsliving.com/the-vision-th ... on/s/86955
And how significant his dream was when you consider the parable of the planting of olive trees in vineyards in order that they bring forth good fruit.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Re: “I shall never partake of this fruit in the flesh; but you will..." Vision of Robert Mason

Post by MikeMaillet »

kirtland r.m. wrote: April 30th, 2023, 9:15 pm Here is a very good rendition of sacred information that Robert Mason was shown years before the restoration. The people in his area of Connecticut called this man, the Old Prophet Mason.

Thank you for this post; I was not familiar with this story.

Mike

Rubicon
captain of 1,000

Post by Rubicon »

Wilford Woodruff tells the story in Journal of Discourses.

There is a good seminary version of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZcDr3JUSOs

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

When two Mormon elders came to Richland, New York, where Wilford was living in 1833, the young man immediately accepted the gospel and was baptized. By letter he informed Robert Mason that the kingdom had been restored and that he was dedicating his life to building it. Father Mason rejoiced in this knowledge and died soon afterward. When the doctrine of baptism for the dead was revealed, Elder Woodruff performed this ordinance in behalf of his noble friend. Cowley, Wilford Woodruff, 15–18.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

kirtland r.m. wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 7:40 pm When two Mormon elders came to Richland, New York, where Wilford was living in 1833, the young man immediately accepted the gospel and was baptized. By letter he informed Robert Mason that the kingdom had been restored and that he was dedicating his life to building it. Father Mason rejoiced in this knowledge and died soon afterward. When the doctrine of baptism for the dead was revealed, Elder Woodruff performed this ordinance in behalf of his noble friend. Cowley, Wilford Woodruff, 15–18.
I shared this story with Wilford Woodruff great great grandson today.

Their family became seven day Adventist after the 1890 proclamation.