Masonic Influence in the U.S. Constitution

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
CaptainM
captain of 100

Masonic Influence in the U.S. Constitution

Post by CaptainM »

This post is a result of something I stated a few days ago about all governments will fail in some way or another until Christ the King returns and we choose to live His laws that are given in 3 Nephi 12-15.

I too was influenced by JS to hallow the US Constitution, but I can see now it was GREATLY flawed. I found this interesting website that quickly gives 10 things of interest to show the influence masonry had in coming up with the Constitution and the seat of U.S. government.

Here is the site: https://listverse.com/2017/08/30/10-int ... f-america/

As always ... your thoughts!

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Masonic Influence in the U.S. Constitution

Post by nightlight »

JRM wrote: April 27th, 2023, 6:19 pm This post is a result of something I stated a few days ago about all governments will fail in some way or another until Christ the King returns and we choose to live His laws that are given in 3 Nephi 12-15.

I too was influenced by JS to hallow the US Constitution, but I can see now it was GREATLY flawed. I found this interesting website that quickly gives 10 things of interest to show the influence masonry had in coming up with the Constitution and the seat of U.S. government.

"GREATLY FLAWED"

Examples?

Pazooka
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Pazooka »

JRM wrote: April 27th, 2023, 6:19 pm This post is a result of something I stated a few days ago about all governments will fail in some way or another until Christ the King returns and we choose to live His laws that are given in 3 Nephi 12-15.

I have never allowed myself to consider this Masonic influence due to the contradictory content in the BofM, but you’re right - it’s there.

Something else to chew on: the fact that the U.S. government is patterned predominantly after the *Roman* form of government.

We are conditioned to agree with very Puritan ideas regarding government. But we’re Israelites. Despite the mixed messages in the history retelling of Samuel’s day…give us an anointed king - Immanuel - “god with us.”

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Lol since you don't want to give any examples.....

The founders were masonic. Do you think you're of higher spiritual development than Washington & Co. (Serious question)

Lets look at our Liberty through the Book of Mormon lens....
Does the Book of Mormon support our constitution?

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

nightlight wrote: April 28th, 2023, 5:50 am

The founders were masonic. Do you think you're of higher spiritual development than Washington & Co. (Serious question)

Hello Nightlight,
I didn't notice your first post. I wasn't trying to ignore you or duck-out.

If you are bent on examples instead of principles, I will only state the history of the world is written in blood. Have you looked into the history and doings of the Jesuits for examples? I can refer you to an excellent work by Edward Hendrie called Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great. Pick any page of that scholarly work to find examples. The Jesuits were established by the great and abominable church, and they in-turn established the masons.

I don't by any means tout any righteousness that I MAY have. I don't claim to have any. You? I would only say that as good as the founders appeared on the outside, they were actually deists and not christians (for the most part). So, only in that sense that I want to be a worshipper and follower of the only true God (Jesus Christ) would I compare myself. You?

Government in the Book of Mormon failed after every attempt until Christ fixed it. I do not feel the Book of Mormon focuses on the constitution. It mentions a free people on this land. We had many states with better governments (like VA) before they were compelled into the union. I think the articles of confederation was a better option.

In fairness, I should note the following:

9)And behold, that great city Jacobugath, which was inhabited by the people of king Jacob, have I caused to be burned with fire because of their sins and their wickedness, which was above all the wickedness of the whole earth, because of their secret murders and combinations; for it was they that did destroy the peace of my people and the government of the land; therefore I did cause them to be burned, to destroy them from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up unto me any more against them. (3 Nephi 9)

I would only further add that the laws established by king Mosiah were held together with rubber bands and bailing wire until destroyed. Further, the rule of judges as far as we can see was not re-instituted after Christ came.

I can't help but feel that the constitution was the works of men's hands (not an inspired king). It may be a stretch, but given that point, any kind of worship of the constitution is blatant idolatry; and we know what will happen eventually to idols.

Anyway, not looking for debate. I'll leave it up to others to decide whether there is any merit in my question.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

JRM wrote: April 28th, 2023, 6:57 am

Hello Nightlight,

If you are bent on examples instead of principles, I will only state the history of the world is written in blood. Have you looked into the history and doings of the Jesuits for examples? I can refer you to an excellent work by Edward Hendrie called Solving the Mystery of Babylon the Great. Pick any page of that scholarly work to find examples. The Jesuits were established by the great and abominable church, and they in-turn established the masons.

I don't by any means tout any righteousness that I MAY have. I don't claim to have any. You? I would only say that as good as the founders appeared on the outside, they were actually deists and not christians (for the most part). So, only in that sense that I want to be a worshipper and follower of the only true God (Jesus Christ) would I compare myself. You?

Government in the Book of Mormon failed after every attempt until Christ fixed it. I do not feel the Book of Mormon focuses on the constitution. It mentions a free people on this land. We had many states with better governments (like VA) before they were compelled into the union. I think the articles of confederation was a better option.

9)And behold, that great city Jacobugath, which was inhabited by the people of king Jacob, have I caused to be burned with fire because of their sins and their wickedness, which was above all the wickedness of the whole earth, because of their secret murders and combinations; for it was they that did destroy the peace of my people and the government of the land; therefore I did cause them to be burned, to destroy them from before my face, that the blood of the prophets and the saints should not come up unto me any more against them. (3 Nephi 9)

I would only further add that the laws established by king Mosiah were held together with rubber bands and bailing wire until destroyed. Further, the rule of judges as far as we can see was not re-instituted after Christ came.

I can't help but feel that the constitution was the works of men's hands (not an inspired king). It may be a stretch, but given that point, any kind of worship of the constitution is blatant idolatry; and we know what will happen eventually to idols.

Anyway, not looking for debate. I'll leave it up to others to decide whether there is any merit in my question.
The Book of Mormon clearly states that this land is to be a land of freedom of thought /religion/movement/self defense etc

Do those principles not meet your standards of an ideal society?

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

nightlight wrote: April 28th, 2023, 2:40 pm
JRM wrote: April 28th, 2023, 6:57 am

Hello Nightlight,

The Book of Mormon clearly states that this land is to be a land of freedom of thought /religion/movement/self defense etc

Do those principles not meet your standards of an ideal society?
No argument here.

I cannot see how the constitution has done that for the inhabitants though. For awhile it fostered freedoms which surely you can see have been trampled on.

I guess approaching this from a different direction would be that satan always takes something good and twists it to bring about corruption. He did that with Joseph Smith. He did it with the Nephites. He did it with the Jaredites.

There were of course good things included in the constitution, but it wasn't perfect. Even Franklin stated he was doubtful we could long maintain a republic.

The works of men will always eventually fail. I'd rather put my trust in the works of God.

Not sure that we are far apart here.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Most of the founding fathers were scottish rite masons.

Many were not christian but deist.

The us constitution is basically the law. Just like torah was the law to hebrews.

It can become an idol easily.

Satan was very clever to put confederation with the slave states. Thus if confeds won, satan would have slave law. If confeds lost.... people would forever associate slavery with a confederation. Quite clever.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Blaming America's failures on the Constitution is wrong on so many levels.
Ymarsakar wrote: April 28th, 2023, 7:31 pm Most of the founding fathers were scottish rite masons.

Many were not christian but deist.

The us constitution is basically the law. Just like torah was the law to hebrews.

It can become an idol easily.

Satan was very clever to put confederation with the slave states. Thus if confeds won, satan would have slave law. If confeds lost.... people would forever associate slavery with a confederation. Quite clever.
And yet, the most basic premise of the Bill of Rights which is based on the principles of The Declaration of Independence, begins with its first premise- that morality is defined by God's will, not (collective or individual) human will... "We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." If you reject that premise, you reject what follows from it, which is the whole idea of government limited in its exercise of power by respect for right, as endowed (which is to say provisioned) by God not human (individual or collective) will. The provisions made for human laws and government must therefore respect the provisions of God's law and sovereignty. It's no wonder why Satan has worked so hard to destroy God, family, agency, liberty, and our God-given rights (The US Constitution).

No doubt in my mind, the founders were inspired by God regardless of their personal beliefs. Our failures are not a result of the document itself. How about blaming secret combinations and our wickedness as a society? Maybe it's as simple as we the people forgetting God and understanding where our rights come from.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Unfortunatrly they never specified which god. Gods havr names

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

nightlight wrote: April 28th, 2023, 2:40 pm The Book of Mormon clearly states that this land is to be a land of freedom of thought /religion/movement/self defense etc
Those are conditional promises and we have never met the conditions. The promised land according to the D&C are the boundaries of the stakes of Zion, which land we lost to the gentiles when they kicked us out to Utah, outside of the promised land entirely. We were to be in bondage unless we serve the true God. We are in bondage, and we do not serve the true God.

SempiternalHarbinger
captain of 1,000

Post by SempiternalHarbinger »

Ymarsakar wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:38 pm Unfortunatrly they never specified which god. Gods havr names
I hope that's not your argument. Go read the writings of the founders and it will become clear what God they were referring to. Joseph Smith knew and understood what God they were referring to as well as our scriptures that make it perfectly clear. Unless you believe JS was either deceived or a fraud. I get it though, Joseph Smith's name and credibility are being castrated. Sad. Yea, Satan knows what he is doing. Oh, ye of little faith.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Shawn Henry wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:54 pm
nightlight wrote: April 28th, 2023, 2:40 pm The Book of Mormon clearly states that this land is to be a land of freedom of thought /religion/movement/self defense etc
Those are conditional promises and we have never met the conditions. The promised land according to the D&C are the boundaries of the stakes of Zion, which land we lost to the gentiles when they kicked us out to Utah, outside of the promised land entirely. We were to be in bondage unless we serve the true God. We are in bondage, and we do not serve the true God.
D&C is a terrible cartographer

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

SempiternalHarbinger wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:57 pm
Ymarsakar wrote: April 30th, 2023, 2:38 pm Unfortunatrly they never specified which god. Gods havr names
I hope that's not your argument. Go read the writings of the founders and it will become clear what God they were referring to. Joseph Smith knew and understood what God they were referring to as well as our scriptures that make it perfectly clear. Unless you believe JS was either deceived or a fraud. I get it though, Joseph Smith's name and credibility are being castrated. Sad. Yea, Satan knows what he is doing. Oh, ye of little faith.
In terms of a legal contract the names of the party matter. I hope you dont sign documents with just ur description that others can use.

When hollywood thanks god who do u think it is? Elohim sometimes havr names and iy aint lord but yhvh.

Btw this is the real apocalypse you r in. Everything will be revealed.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Lets see, as bad as things are, in the history of the world, only the US created a country of free people. A place were all citizens have rights and where leaders are picked by the normal man. It has lasted over 200 years. Pretty good for a first attempt ever in history. I think they did a good job. It isn't the constitution or the principles that are pulling us down. It is the fact that we either re-interpret it or ignore it all together. The founding fathers couldn't foresee the issues of ours times. Men pretending to be women, people expecting to live high w/o working in the masses (they did foresee the leaders and put in place protections), stock market, influence peddling, mass media. I think they assumed that we would love freedom enough to adapt but we haven't. When I say we, I don't mean the masses, but the powerful minority that strips everything from us, often for no reason. How, can we have a president who's son is getting paid millions of dollars a year from China and Ukraine and no one cares to correct it? He isn't even fluid speaking any more?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

nightlight wrote: April 30th, 2023, 3:19 pm D&C is a terrible cartographer
Each of the Stakes of Zion was designated so by a revelation. The Lord said in the D&C that he would appoint no more Stakes until those are filled. They are clearly the lands of Israel's inheritance.

OPMissionary
captain of 100

Post by OPMissionary »

The fact that so many people put faith in a frayed piece of paper to shield them from secret combinations is the real problem. The U.S. constitution is the definition of false security.

People actually say things like "but if the people in charge actually FOLLOWED the Constitution, all our problems would disappear." They must not know who we're dealing with if they think the powers that be are going to let a sheet of parchment stop them from their ends.

We might as well burn the Constitution. It would get rid of this illusion that it is doing anything to protect us, or ever has. Freedom doesn't come from a document, it comes from the blood of heroes and the will of God carried out. But nobody is doing that because they think the constitution is doing it for them.