Another witness recorded that Woodruff stated "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Holies

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Another witness recorded that Woodruff stated "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Holies

Post by kirtland r.m. »

It was President Lorenzo Snow who told his grand daughter Allie P. Young about the Savior visiting him in a hallway just outside of the Celestial room in the Salt Lake Temple. This is a different prophet, and a different experience.
A witness recorded that W. Woodruff stated that "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Holies, & told [me]that He had accepted of the Temple & of the dedication services, & that the Lord forgave us, his saints who had assisted in any manner towards the erection and completion of the Temple."John Lee Jones Biography, p. 90

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Another witness recorded that Woodruff stated "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Ho

Post by kirtland r.m. »

In later years, Alice Pond and her husband, Noah S. Pond, often discussed her visit with her grandfather Snow in the temple. After her death, Noah Pond recorded his own memories of what she had told him, presenting a second account testifying of its truth. He sent his account to Elder John A. Widstoe, who was investigating the experience on behalf of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles:

We talked about the great privilege that was hers in visiting her grandfather, President Lorenzo Snow, in the Salt Lake Temple on the memorable evening of his narrative of the Heavenly visitation of the Savior to him and the instructions given him to proceed forthwith in the reorganization of the First Presidency of the Church.

The reason for Allie going to the Temple [was] . . . the taking of the “Gruel,”(k.r.m. comment hope this tasted better than it sounds ;) ) a favorite food item of the President. On the evening of the occurrence, he had taken time to tell her many interesting experiences and the hour became late, so late in fact that the watchman had locked the doors and the temple was silent with only the two within.

President Snow led Allie to the large front door, and in passing from his room he halted at the designated spot, and placing his arm on her shoulder he said, “I want you to remember, my daughter, that here the Savior appeared to me in answer to my prayers and instructed me to proceed with the reorganization of the First Presidency. That this was pleasing to the Lord and Blessings upon the Church would follow President Snow’s administration.”

Correspondence, Noah S. Pond to Elder John A. Widstoe, November 12, 1946; located in the LDS Church History Library, previously unpublished. This visitation by Jesus to President Snow as recorded by Allie Pond and related by LeRoi Snow was officially investigated for verification, resulting in the aforementioned letter in the main text. Elder Widstoe had written the following inquiry to Noah Pond:
“I have been asked by the Council of the Twelve to look into the historical evidence concerning the divine manifestation received by President Snow shortly before his accession to the Presidency of the Church. Your splendid and devoted wife is reported by LeRoi C. Snow to have heard her grandfather tell her in some detail of this manifestation. According to this report, President Snow is reported to have said that he saw the Savior in the passage leading from the Celestial room to his office, now used as the sealing room [office]. Your wife must have told you the story often.
“Would you be good enough to tell me if the report is essentially correct. We all know from unquestioned evidence that President Snow had a divine manifestation in the temple at that time. Did he tell his granddaughter that he actually saw the Savior and where? All this is merely to complete the story for the brethren here and for others who may be interested. It seems to me that you are the best living witness” (Correspondence, Elder John A. Widstoe to Noah S. Pond, October 30, 1946; CHL, unpublished).
Alice Pond died in 1943, three years previous to this correspondence exchange. Noah Pond’s quoted statement, “in passing from his room he halted at the designated spot,” is the best verification available of LeRoi Snow’s assertions of exactly where in the Salt Lake Temple Jesus Christ appeared to President Snow. This location is understood to be at some mid-point in the large balcony hallway, above the main staircase, between the Celestial Room and what now serves as a temple sealer’s office, but in 1898 was probably President Snow’s living quarters.https://www.ldsliving.com/remembering-p ... le/s/94626

Telavian
captain of 1,000

Re: Another witness recorded that Woodruff stated "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Ho

Post by Telavian »

kirtland r.m. wrote: April 5th, 2019, 7:46 pm It was President Lorenzo Snow who told his grand daughter Allie P. Young about the Savior visiting him in a hallway just outside of the Celestial room in the Salt Lake Temple. This is a different prophet, and a different experience.
A witness recorded that W. Woodruff stated that "Our Savior had appeared unto [me] in the East Room in the Holy of Holies, & told [me]that He had accepted of the Temple & of the dedication services, & that the Lord forgave us, his saints who had assisted in any manner towards the erection and completion of the Temple."John Lee Jones Biography, p. 90
The Lorenzo Snow event almost certainly never happened. I did a blog post and video about that. There is literally no evidence for it at all.

https://uncorrelatedmormonism.com/loren ... never-was/

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

I have at least three o.p.'s on this forum on this subject, it seems you don't have all witness accounts that I did, or you ignored them. I have also ran into one of your videos about a month ago. It was the one you said you had been disfellowshipped from the church for apostasy. Take care of yourself, When ever I see a video like the one you just posted here I go to the source of the matter as to which person or group puts time and effort into these, and why. That speaks volumes.

kirtland r.m.
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by kirtland r.m. »

The following is about two separate Church Presidents.
kirtland r.m. wrote: April 5th, 2019, 7:46 pm It was President Lorenzo Snow who told his grand daughter Allie P. Young about the Savior visiting him in a hallway just outside of the Celestial room in the Salt Lake Temple. This is a different prophet, and a different experience.