Unvaccinated Single Saints

Tell us about yourself...
Teancum1
captain of 100

Re: Unvaccinated Single Saints

Post by Teancum1 »

They’ve watched The Chosen and Jesus Revolution. They love those shows. They need their Jesus experience- the event that connects them to Him. They do not and likely will not trust the brethren now. They are sheep herders. Not shepherds.

I don’t blame them. I don’t either.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

White wrote: January 17th, 2022, 11:27 pm This may not be the right forum for this kind of thread, for all I know this may not be the right site for this kind of interaction, however I know of no other place to engage in such a discussion, nor do I know of a place with the amount of open minds as this place.

I believe that the saints who are refusing to take the vaccine capture a very specific type of people. Right now we are at a very strange time, I feel as though it is going to be a very noticeable point in all of church history. I was raised in the church, all of my life I was taught of the validity of the priesthood, the restoration of God's church through his disciples on earth. I remember sitting with my father and grandfather at conference hearing my grandfather explain how the church has to keep a public image to retain their standing on earth, to avoid persecution, and give the church the opportunity to grow. I looked up to the brethren of the church and I deeply valued every word that came out of their mouths.

There is a genuine and valid danger to the vaccines that are being injected into men, women, and children across the world. Those who watch closely can see the evil behind the men who have made these vaccines and spread them out to the world. Those who watch closely can see the corruption and wicked hearts who lead this world. All large organizations, from medicine, government, food, labor, entertainment, and even religion are all dancing to the same tune and repeating the same instructions. It has been a confusing and scary couple of years, the fear of illness, plagues, disasters, and the fragile state of society is becoming commonplace. When the leaders told us all to get the vaccine the reactions were all over the place. Many saints dropped all reservations and accepted their instructions. Some saints lost all faith in the leaders and the church as a whole. We were confused, dismayed, shocked, and disappointed.

Those of us saints who have retained the title of "Latter Day Saints of the Church of Jesus Christ" while disobeying their instructions capture a very specific group of Saints. Saints who truly listen to the still small voice that contradicts the loud booming voices of Babylon. Saints who hold onto the iron rod despite the winds, waters, and temptations from the great and spacious building. Saints who follow the Lord along the seaside instead of following the priests and Pharisees of Jerusalem.

I firmly believe that these saints who have refused the vaccine will be the saints who go into the future as the peculiar people of God. Upon that basis I believe that there is nothing more important than these saints finding one another and forming connections that will stand for eternity. The church has always provided a place for young men and women to meet and mingle, yet now the majority of the people who you will find at church will have the vaccine and be very offended that you have not accompanied them in their path. There is no place for unvaccinated saints to meet and find one another and find love. Perhaps some of those unvaccinated saints looking for companionship can introduce themselves here.

I have been a long time lurker on this site, watching, reading, laughing, and praying about many of the posts and thoughts I have seen here. You should know, there are many Saints who watch this site without ever interacting or making an account. But I felt impressed to interact and put this out here. I am a 20 year old guy living in Appalachia, far, far away from utah. :)
White. I grew up in Appalachia and have lots (30+)of family still there - none of us got the jab. All of us are seeking the truth- right there with you. You’re not alone where you are.
If we can figure out how to connect just to support you- I’d love to help.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 18th, 2022, 4:13 am First, thanks for sharing. And yes, there are few 20 yr olds who have their head screwed on straight, so kuddos for being willing to chart your own course.

I do feel that for physical survival it will be important to create community. And it does help in finding spiritual strength. That's one thing the church discourages, or at least an abuser trait the church exhibits for those who question church leaders. Elder Ballard spoke in GC once to those leaving the church and said, "Where will you go?" That exhibits the type of manipulation that life can't be lived in any meaningful way outside of LDS leader dogmas. And has little to do with Christ's actual doctrine btw. I mean, what has any generation done when the established religions apostatized? They humble themselves and move forward in faith with people like them. There has to be a division among the people.

So, we are also looking for a community of like-minded individuals. LSDFF has been a very helpful place to have open discussions, but also to begin important connections. There are also other social platforms as well. We try to meet with a group of friends at least once a month.

It is also interesting to note that I've heard of 4-5 ward members, and several extended family members, inquiring about what's going on with our beliefs and why we haven't attended church, yet not a single one of them has approached us directly. They tell people we know that they miss us, but not enough to actually come and talk to us.
You are scary bro, and they have the Spirit of fear 😨

They don't want to hear something upsetting to their world view. (Pop their bubble)

You are dangerous, but not necessarily in a bad way.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Teancum1 wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 6:44 pm They are sheep herders. Not shepherds.
I remember reading one of Gretel Ehrliich's books where she keeps going on about "sheep herders". "Shepherd" is the proper ancient form.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

LateOutOfBed wrote: January 18th, 2022, 6:01 am My 26-Year old daughter is struggling with many of these same issues. She's on all sorts of dating apps, and she gets turned down because she's "unvaxxed" or sees messages like "If you're not vaccinated, keep swiping". We don't live in UT either, she's here in NM living with us right now while trying to build some savings to really get off on her own. I see her get disheartened often at what dating is for her, and I don't envy my children and the issues they are dealing with. I'm sorry the world is so lost right now. In a few years, I feel it will be changing for the better. Stay strong in the Lord! He can heal all who come to him in ALL ways!
That's a good thing to get turned down for! Reminds me of people getting turned down because they won't drink, make out, etc. At least she won't have the possible added infertility issue.