Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Is this the severe winter before the SHTF

Post by Lizzy60 »

There is now a tornado warning in Tennessee.
Currently 14 tornado warnings.

So far, there have been two very large, damaging tornadoes, numerous smaller ones and with many hours to go until this massive weather front dies out, we will be seeing devastation all evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFJmw4xyG9c

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Small towns are being wiped off the map. Those reporting on this have lost count of how many debris signatures they have seen on radar, and photos are pouring in with damage.

There is a very high (hundreds) injury report from Little Rock, where a large tornado struck a densely populated community. No count yet, but Weather Channel expects “mass casualties” in Little Rock.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

captainfearnot wrote: March 31st, 2023, 1:43 pm
Silver Pie wrote: March 30th, 2023, 6:22 pm Lizzy isn't prone to making prophecies. She's actually quite level-headed. I would not mock this prophecy she made and believes.
Beliefs like hers make me wish it were possible to go to Vegas and place a bet on something like this. I am so certain that the Second Coming will not occur within 15 years that I would wager any amount of money on it. Of course, no one would ever take the other side of that bet, for obvious reasons.

I guess there's nothing to do but circle back on April 1, 2038 and see who was right.
Whether the Second Coming happens by then or not, I know that if things continue on their current path, or worse, I for one will be pleading with the Lord to shorten the time and hasten His coming. I find nothing appealing about the direction things are heading -- and that doesn't even count or take into consideration all the tornadoes and/or other natural disasters that may be happening even as we speak.
Last edited by tmac on April 1st, 2023, 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

BigT wrote: March 31st, 2023, 3:35 pm And if there was no internet, or if it was 30 years ago, everyone would just be grumbling to their neighbors, “Wow it’s a wet winter!” Not, “Is the end?”
This is far beyond "it's a wet winter" where I live.

And of course, in terms of Bishop Koyle's 'prophecies', if next year was close or equally as 'severe' as this year, it would indicate even better 'confirmation' of Koyle's assertion that there would be two sever winters in a row. It would also give more credence to the idea that they were caused by the Tongan undersea caldera eruption, in view of the assertion that the eruption kicked enough water vapor into the atmosphere to stay up there for longer than a year, even years.

The tornadoes could be another result, with the water vapor "likely affecting the Earth's climate patterns".
Last edited by larsenb on March 31st, 2023, 5:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

I think I have mentioned this before, but I was talking to one of my rancher friends in Eastern Nevada. He says the official reading in their area right now is 480% of normal snowpack. Yes, that goes well beyond a simple "wet winter."

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

They have now issued advice to everyone in Chicago and surrounding areas to take cover for the next hour or so. Chicago!! Millions of people!!!

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

All but seven days of March have been below normal here in Holbrook, AZ.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

The bench area in UT picked up another 4" of snow yesterday. If the basin is the same way it will mess up the crops. Most fields were tilled 2 weeks ago. Too much snow will make the seed run off and/or the seedling drowned.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Average annual rainfall in SLC is about 18" of water. Since Oct 1st, 2022 we have received over 21" of water through today, at my house in the southeastern part of the SL Valley. We're only 6 months into the current water year.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

I wonder if God is up there saying “What’s it going to take to get their attention? — Maybe I’ll just keep ratcheting things up until someone starts to notice that there’s more to the equation than they think?”

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

2022/23 is officially Mammoth Mountain’s snowiest season ever with 870 inches of snowfall – More to come for California. See: https://strangesounds.org/2023/03/2022- ... ornia.html

After 30″ of snow overnight, Mammoth Mountain, CA, has officially surpassed its all-time snowfall record, making 2022/23 the snowiest season EVER at Mammoth Mountain.

“With 28-30″ of snow since yesterday afternoon, we just blew through our all-time season snowfall record of 668″. We’ve received 695″ of snowfall to date at Main Lodge, making the 22/23 season the biggest in our history!

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

moving2zion wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:05 pm The bench area in UT picked up another 4" of snow yesterday. If the basin is the same way it will mess up the crops. Most fields were tilled 2 weeks ago. Too much snow will make the seed run off and/or the seedling drowned.
When I checked my weather app this morning I saw we’ll (Utah Valley) be under another storm warning, late Sunday through Tuesday. Another 6-12 inches of snow.

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

moving2zion wrote: March 31st, 2023, 8:05 pm The bench area in UT picked up another 4" of snow yesterday. If the basin is the same way it will mess up the crops. Most fields were tilled 2 weeks ago. Too much snow will make the seed run off and/or the seedling drowned.
All the fields in box elder county (North Utah) are standing lakes right now. Given the current weather patterns, I'll be surprised if they are dry enough to plant at all in April, and if rain and snow keep coming it will be hard for them to get the corn crop in on time.

Kind of crazy that just 3 years ago I was entertaining the thought that the reason of the drought in Utah was Nelson asking God to send one like happened in 3 Nephi.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 4:26 pm There is now a tornado warning in Tennessee.

So far, there have been two very large, damaging tornadoes, numerous smaller ones and with many hours to go until this massive weather front dies out, we will be seeing devastation all evening.

Such wide spread devastation - truly SHTF
I listened to this Ryan Hall for a couple hours last night
Seeing the updates on the ground today -- real people -lives destroyed... how do they go on ?

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:22 am
Lizzy60 wrote: March 31st, 2023, 4:26 pm There is now a tornado warning in Tennessee.

Seeing the updates on the ground today -- real people -lives destroyed... how do they go on ?
they are living in teotwawki already.

if/when the foreseen huge earthquake hits utah, then... many here will be in that same position. I'm about 10 miles from a major fault ; I hope that's far enough. I'm not really excited about living in a tent .

Lemarque
captain of 100

Post by Lemarque »

FrankOne wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:47 pm

if/when the foreseen huge earthquake hits utah, then... many here will be in that same position. I'm about 10 miles from a major fault ; I hope that's far enough. I'm not really excited about living in a tent .
I was wondering about this while driving past inundated fields through northern Utah today: what impact does super saturated soil have with an earthquake?

I think I read recently that emptying the aquifers makes earthquakes there shake harder, but liquefaction if the soil is super wet seems like it would just swallow up buildings whole instead of breaking them into pieces.

Is there anyone who knows what impact wet soils have for an earthquake?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Looks like another foot of snow is coming

🙃

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

nightlight wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 8:22 am Looks like another foot of snow is coming

🙃
Yep..... I'm over it, bro. I'm seriously over it.... I'm ready for spring and for catfishing...
🎵It's been a loooooong December, and there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last 🎶

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

My area, the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex, was just put under an enhanced risk of severe thunderstorms for this afternoon and evening. A possibility of high winds, hail, and tornadoes.

captainfearnot
captain of 1,000

Post by captainfearnot »

BigT wrote: March 31st, 2023, 3:35 pm And if there was no internet, or if it was 30 years ago, everyone would just be grumbling to their neighbors, “Wow it’s a wet winter!” Not, “Is the end?”
So true. YouTubers like Ryan Hall have made profitable careers out of portraying every storm as some kind of apocalyptic event.

Truly a modern day Chicken Little.

ILiveIDieILiveAgain
captain of 100

Post by ILiveIDieILiveAgain »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:50 pm
except the sign should come to pass, which had been given by Samuel the prophet.
Now, if you had a Samuel the Lamanite event, something that was broadcast to not just the believers, not just some single individual's foo-foo whatever, but essentially everyone in that society at the time, then you would have something viable.

Ok, you want to prophesy? - then do it. Do it for real. Put a time stamp on it. Samuel put it into at least a year.
Here, I'll show you how its done. I've said that everyone that is part of this forum will die of old age before the Second Coming ever happens. That should be 80 years from now. Let's make a counter! :lol: LDS Freedom Forum's End of the World
Set your clock to that.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

captainfearnot wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:44 am Truly a modern day Chicken Little.
That's how I feel about almost every last days prediction/prophecy (not about the actual scriptures, but about people's date-based interpretations).

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Not only severe winter weather which will floods this year, but also other disasters. 52 tornadoes hit Friday and Saturday. Is that normal for two days?

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Lemarque wrote: April 1st, 2023, 9:12 pm
FrankOne wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:47 pm

I was wondering about this while driving past inundated fields through northern Utah today: what impact does super saturated soil have with an earthquake?

I think I read recently that emptying the aquifers makes earthquakes there shake harder, but liquefaction if the soil is super wet seems like it would just swallow up buildings whole instead of breaking them into pieces.

Is there anyone who knows what impact wet soils have for an earthquake?
It's mainly how deep the unconsolidated soils are and how much silt/sand they have, and how shallow the ground water is, that cause the liquefaction (unconsolidated sediment acting as liquid). For instance, they are quite deep in the SL Valley. Estimates made by studies back in the late 80s indicate that there are areas in the Valley that could develop standing water as deep as 12 feet above the actual surface due to the "sand-boiling" phenomenon that liquefaction can cause.

And it's the shear or S earthquake waves (horizontal motion) that cause the most damage. And these are greatly amplified in unconsolidated sediments, especially when coupled with liquefaction.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

creator wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 5:13 pm
captainfearnot wrote: April 2nd, 2023, 9:44 am Truly a modern day Chicken Little.
That's how I feel about almost every last days prediction/prophecy (not about the actual scriptures, but about people's date-based interpretations).
What's happening is quite unusual. I think it's highly probable the cause is primarily due to the Tongan caldera (12 mile diam) dumping as much water vapor into the atmosphere a year ago as it did. What goes up, normally has to come down.

And if we see a 2nd winter like this, it gives the Koyle prophecies more credence for me . . . . especially if some of his other predictions pan out, including the bad growing season in the 3rd year Spring/Summer.

For me, what is happening is a very small version of the great floods of 5200 yrs bp, which is the best geologic/cosmological evidence I've run across yet that probably relates to the Noahic flood.