I’m really excited to watch conference today!

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Re: I’m really excited to watch conference today!

Post by JK4Woods »

The Red Pill wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:09 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:30 am Bonnie says that Jesus Christ is only found at church
Translation:

We are hemorrhaging members and that is disrupting cash flows into EPA...so....Bonnie it is your directive to guilt those watching... that it is ONLY possibly to find Christ with your butt in a pew at church.

That should work...yeah, that will do the trick...guilt them into it....

Her last message… she’s getting released later, isn’t she..??

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

JK4Woods wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:15 am
InfoWarrior82 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:30 am Bonnie says that Jesus Christ is only found at church
Translation:

We are hemorrhaging members and that is disrupting cash flows into EPA...so....Bonnie it is your directive to guilt those watching... that it is ONLY possibly to find Christ with your butt in a pew at church.

Yes she is.

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Mamabear wrote: April 1st, 2023, 8:22 am 79605F63-E718-4986-8CF7-6E66038E8246.jpeg
Here’s the infamous clip that goes with the pic.
https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... hing_like/

They are both lying through their teeth and they know it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Elder Eyring talking about the Second Comforter!? He's quoting John 14 and now talking about the Holy Ghost.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

This whole thing is an exercise in weaving the church into the gospel.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

That's what my sister said in her text this morning

With a few ""safe" exceptions, I've managed to keep my personal awakening out of our conversations and relationship over past 2 years-- but it's getting harder each day
Praying for wisdom

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Translation:

I missed the lady's talk because I was busy cleaning up my daughter's mess. Why is she getting released?

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

tdj wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:29 pm

Translation:

I missed the lady's talk because I was busy cleaning up my daughter's mess. Why is she getting released?
Her 5 years are up.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

marc wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:42 am Elder Eyring talking about the Second Comforter!? He's quoting John 14 and now talking about the Holy Ghost.
The footnote in John 14:16 for “he shall give you another Comforter” sends you to the topical guide for Jesus Christ, Second Comforter. That is in the 1979 edition of the Bible
Now the footnote in the digital library for 14:16 “Comforter” is Holy Ghost, Comforter.

I sincerely do not think they understand. Or is it that this gives them a free pass on receiving and/or teaching the doctrine of the Second Comforter?

I believe that should be my goal in this life, to live to be able to receive the Second Comforter. But I have not heard the Q15 teach this.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Teancum1 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:44 pm
marc wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:42 am Elder Eyring talking about the Second Comforter!? He's quoting John 14 and now talking about the Holy Ghost.
The footnote in John 14:16 for “he shall give you another Comforter” sends you to the topical guide for Jesus Christ, Second Comforter. That is in the 1979 edition of the Bible
Now the footnote in the digital library for 14:16 “Comforter” is Holy Ghost, Comforter.

I sincerely do not think they understand. Or is it that this gives them a free pass on receiving and/or teaching the doctrine of the Second Comforter?

I believe that should be my goal in this life, to live to be able to receive the Second Comforter. But I have not heard the Q15 teach this.
It has been decades since any general authority has taught this subject. If they understand it, it makes sense that they should teach it. But if they teach it, they should expound from experience like Joseph Smith. It TPJS, he clearly states this other comforter is none other than the Savior Himself.

"Living prophets" who do not teach the simple principle of receiving the Second Comforter just boggles my mind. Nephi also taught it plainly. His entire two books is the overarching message of receiving Jesus Christ.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

marc wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:06 pm
Teancum1 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 1:44 pm

It has been decades since any general authority has taught this subject. If they understand it, it makes sense that they should teach it. But if they teach it, they should expound from experience like Joseph Smith. It TPJS, he clearly states this other comforter is none other than the Savior Himself.

"Living prophets" who do not teach the simple principle of receiving the Second Comforter just boggles my mind. Nephi also taught it plainly. His entire two books is the overarching message of receiving Jesus Christ.
It is another brick in the wall of condemnation that the church is under for neglecting the Book of Mormon and the fulness of the gospel therein. The gospel has been altered and I’m not sure that Joseph would even recognize what has been done. The Lectures on Faith removed from the canon by committee in 1921, the 4th article of faith altered by committee in 1902- all done by men who did not claim heavenly visitation.

When will we be taught by someone with power, authority and understanding?

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

It is interesting that there are multiple conference threads this time, which really spreads out the commentary.

What is perhaps even more interesting is that in the past few years it has been Subcomandante (who has always seemed to be a pretty devoted brethrenite), who has led the charge regarding GC discussions, but he seems to be completely absent this round. What’s up with that? Is he approaching a tipping point?

I too was scratching my head about some of the stuff HBE was saying about the comforter ancestors peace through the HG. It’s true that I have never been completely persuaded that the SC is even on their radar screen. Because of the ability to cling to vagueness and ambiguity, it is much safer to talk about the HG.

The only other thing I’m going to say at this point is that my wife was really excited that they called prominent LDS influencer Emily Belle Freeman to be the new YW president.
Last edited by tmac on April 1st, 2023, 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

tmac wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:26 pm
The only other thing I’m going to say at this point is that my wife was really excited that they called prominent LDS influencer Emily Belle Freeman to be the new YW president.
As was mine.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Teancum1 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:22 pm When will we be taught by someone with power, authority and understanding?
Probably not until it is time for Zion to be redeemed:

D&C 103:15 Behold, I say unto you, the redemption of Zion must needs come by power;
16 Therefore, I will raise up unto my people a man, who shall lead them like as Moses led the children of Israel.
17 For ye are the children of Israel, and of the seed of Abraham, and ye must needs be led out of bondage by power, and with a stretched-out arm.
18 And as your fathers were led at the first, even so shall the redemption of Zion be.
19 Therefore, let not your hearts faint, for I say not unto you as I said unto your fathers: Mine angel shall go up before you, but not my presence.
20 But I say unto you: Mine angels shall go up before you, and also my presence, and in time ye shall possess the goodly land.

Until then, we continue to suffer the global shills who keep working to centralize power in their new world order and turning us into good global citizens.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

Interesting! I never thought of her as an influencer. I only know her as an author ( I knew her as an author first) and co-host of Don't Miss This. What makes one an influencer?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Ebenezer wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:31 pm
As was mine.
Never heard of her. Now she can "influence" young women around the world.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

marc wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm
Ebenezer wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:31 pm
As was mine.
Never heard of her. Now she can "influence" young women around the world.
I'm sure this new calling will goose her book and jewelry sales.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

When will anyone speak about the baptism of fire and the Holy Ghost?
Is the new “covenant path” a substitute? Is the covenant path part of the “many wonderful works” Jesus speaks of in Matthew 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

How do our covenants take the place of the Saviors atonement? Is it the Grace of God and our faith in Jesus Christ, repentance, water baptism and baptism of fire that saves us?
How have the stewards of Gondor erected a path all their own and outside the scriptures? I cannot find “covenant path” in the scriptures but I can find Jesus teaching his gospel.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

CuriousThinker wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm Interesting! I never thought of her as an influencer. I only know her as an author ( I knew her as an author first) and co-host of Don't Miss This. What makes one an influencer?
You don’t consider Don’t Miss This to be a very profitable social media influencing venture?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

tmac wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:56 pm
CuriousThinker wrote: April 1st, 2023, 2:35 pm Interesting! I never thought of her as an influencer. I only know her as an author ( I knew her as an author first) and co-host of Don't Miss This. What makes one an influencer?
You don’t consider Don’t Miss This to be a very profitable social media influencing venture?
I guess I am old school and would just consider her a teacher, just like John Bytheway when I was a youth. But, you're right, I am sure it is profitable too. I don't think that necessarily makes it an influencing venture. I thought influencers were people who sell their influence by promoting specific companies, such as makeup and clothes.

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

This is definitely an influencer. She has 131,000 Instagram followers.

https://www.instagram.com/emilybellefreeman/?hl=en

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Consider all the DMT goodies she and DB sell to be the functional equivalent of influencing clothing and make-up.

My wife, for one, is much more influenced by EBF than anyone pimping clothes and make-up.

Ebenezer
captain of 100

Post by Ebenezer »

Lizzy60 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 3:02 pm This is definitely an influencer. She has 131,000 Instagram followers.

https://www.instagram.com/emilybellefreeman/?hl=en
She also charges money for courses and resources. She's even got a Holy Week sale right now.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I watched two editions of “Don’t Miss This” during the pandemic… I dry heaved at how smarmy it was…

Good grief…

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

She has definitely figured out how to successfully influence and profit off of her Mormon influencing. It is an obvious Mormon culture-based business ventures.

Let’s say she sells at least $100 worth of “product” to at least 100,000 of her subscribers. You do the math.