Only a moral people can maintain the Constitution

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Only a moral people can maintain the Constitution

Post by Christianlee »

“Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”—John Adams.

The United States can no longer qualify as a moral and religious people. The LGBQT movement is evidence of our cultural rot. A moral and religious people wouldn’t allow the Democratic Party to weaponize our legal system against morality. The GOP for the most part has allowed all of this. A Supreme Court and Congress that rubber stamps gay marriage have forfeited their moral authority. Libertarianism was never the intent of the Founding Fathers. A moral and religious people would never allow the Federal Government to ruin the country with deficit spending which debases our currency.

Any attempt to Make America Great Again must start with a movement which extols Christian Nationalism based on constitutional principles. I don’t see either of our parties embracing that though Governor DeSantis seems to get it in Florida. Morality and freedom based on Judeo-Christian values is the only ideology which can save us from tyranny. How do we get there? Or is it impossible now without direct action by God? Traditional “conservatism” does not seem to be up to the task.

Niyr
captain of 100

Re: Only a moral people can maintain the Constitution

Post by Niyr »

The Constitution is about as libertarian as government can get. Legislating people's lifestyles is against the Plan of Salvation. That's Satan's policy. Lead by word and example, not behind the government's blade.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Christianlee wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:36 am “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”—John Adams.

The United States can no longer qualify as a moral and religious people. The LGBQT movement is evidence of our cultural rot. A moral and religious people wouldn’t allow the Democratic Party to weaponize our legal system against morality. The GOP for the most part has allowed all of this. A Supreme Court and Congress that rubber stamps gay marriage have forfeited their moral authority. Libertarianism was never the intent of the Founding Fathers. A moral and religious people would never allow the Federal Government to ruin the country with deficit spending which debases our currency.

Any attempt to Make America Great Again must start with a movement which extols Christian Nationalism based on constitutional principles. I don’t see either of our parties embracing that though Governor DeSantis seems to get it in Florida. Morality and freedom based on Judeo-Christian values is the only ideology which can save us from tyranny. How do we get there? Or is it impossible now without direct action by God?
This collapse is long prophesied. We are just repeating the cycle of pride in the Book of Mormon and the way I figure it, we are now in 3 Nephi 6.

15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world.
16 And thus Satan did lead away the hearts of the people to do all manner of iniquity; therefore they had enjoyed peace but a few years.

Satan and his servants have infiltrated every church, part, organization to such an extent that evil is accepted as good. The last stage in the fall of this great nation will be when the disciples of Christ, His humble followers are persecuted, cast out, and killed.
That just happened again this week in Nashville with the murder of children by a demon possessed LGBTQ person.

I pray for the strength to stand up and be counted.

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Niyr wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:43 am The Constitution is about as libertarian as government can get. Legislating people's lifestyles is against the Plan of Salvation. That's Satan's policy. Lead by word and example, not behind the government's blade.
The Constitution leaves those decisions in the hand of the states. I don’t think there is any evidence the Founding Fathers supported libertarianism in moral matters.

Niyr
captain of 100

Post by Niyr »

Christianlee wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:47 am
Niyr wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:43 am The Constitution is about as libertarian as government can get. Legislating people's lifestyles is against the Plan of Salvation. That's Satan's policy. Lead by word and example, not behind the government's blade.
The Constitution leaves those decisions in the hand of the states. I don’t think there is any evidence the Founding Fathers supported libertarianism in moral matters.
Libertarianism has to do with being left alone by government. Both the feds and states go far beyond their constitutions. The states are also beholden to the Bill of Rights.

See the 9th Amendment. Rights don't come from government or a piece of paper.

tmac
captain of 1,000

Post by tmac »

Which Founding Fathers — the Federalists or the Anti-federalists?

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

tmac wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:53 am
Which Founding Fathers — the Federalists or the Anti-federalists?
Doesn’t make a difference. They would have all embraced Adams’ statement even if they personally fell short of it.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

Teancum1 wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:45 am
Christianlee wrote: April 1st, 2023, 10:36 am “Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”—John Adams.

Any attempt to Make America Great Again must start with a movement which extols Christian Nationalism based on constitutional principles. I don’t see either of our parties embracing that though Governor DeSantis seems to get it in Florida. Morality and freedom based on Judeo-Christian values is the only ideology which can save us from tyranny. How do we get there? Or is it impossible now without direct action by God?
This collapse is long prophesied. We are just repeating the cycle of pride in the Book of Mormon and the way I figure it, we are now in 3 Nephi 6.

15 Now the cause of this iniquity of the people was this—Satan had great power, unto the stirring up of the people to do all manner of iniquity, and to the puffing them up with pride, tempting them to seek for power, and authority, and riches, and the vain things of the world.
16 And thus Satan did lead away the hearts of the people to do all manner of iniquity; therefore they had enjoyed peace but a few years.

Satan and his servants have infiltrated every church, part, organization to such an extent that evil is accepted as good. The last stage in the fall of this great nation will be when the disciples of Christ, His humble followers are persecuted, cast out, and killed.
That just happened again this week in Nashville with the murder of children by a demon possessed LGBTQ person.

D&C 35:14

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Godislove wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:22 am

14 And their arm shall be my arm, and I will be their shield and their buckler; and I will gird up their loins, and they shall fight manfully for me; and their enemies shall be under their feet; and I will let fall the sword in their behalf, and by the fire of mine indignation will I preserve them.
Jeremiah 30:22

And ye shall be my people, and I will be your God.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Godislove wrote: April 1st, 2023, 11:22 am

Thanks for that! A great scripture and a great reminder that He can and will strengthen me to fight for the truth.