Moroni Losing His Trumpet

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Moroni Losing His Trumpet

Post by Niemand »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 8th, 2023, 4:09 pm Three Quarks for Muster Marks.❗️
Have you been at the Joyce again? 😉

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: March 8th, 2023, 6:41 pm
https://www.miriamrune.co.uk/three-quar ... ster-mark/

Three quarks for Muster Mark!
Sure he has not got much of a bark
And sure any he has it's all beside the mark.
But O, Wreneagle Almighty, wouldn't un be a sky of a lark
To see that old buzzard whooping about for uns shirt in the dark
And he hunting round for uns speckled trousers around by Palmerstown Park?
-- James Joyce, Finnegan's Wake
Quarks come in weird flavors such as up, down, strange and charmed. :lol:

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Trucker wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:05 pm How exactly did the trumpet fall out? It doesn't appear that the hand broke. Did it break from the lips the shake around until it slid out of his hand? The trumpet is angled up so that seems hard to do.

It seems usual that just the trumpet fell, and nothing else. What impression does this picture evoke in you?

After your question, this is what popped into my mind.
Jesus appearing.jpg
Jesus appearing.jpg (110.46 KiB) Viewed 629 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

[email protected] wrote: March 7th, 2023, 4:52 pmHaving said this I do not consider myself an ex-Mormon. I have not removed my records from the Church nor do I have a desire at this time to do so. I'm not a huge fan of most ex-Mormon influencers or the ex-Mormon community as nearly all of them come off as bitter woke victims that want to blame the Church for all their problems in life. Honestly I think "Nemo the Mormon" comes off as the most rational and balanced for me and I generally like his podcasts but everyone else I just can't stand.
I think the earthquake knocking the trumpet out of Moroni's hand and throwing it on the roof of the temple was God saying, "You (the LDS Church) no longer speak for me. The voice of warning isn't coming from you, so you have lost your right to claim to be the warning voice for the world."

I think it was before that that (in Bountiful?) Moroni's face was blasted, blackened and partly blown off by lightning.

Reddit exmo is a rough place. Mormon reddit is a little less so.

If you still believe in the Book of Mormon, in Joseph Smith as a translator/seer/prophet, and want to follow Christ instead of a man, this forum seems to be the best place to be. There are a lot of disagreements here, but a lot of the people seem to be in the same boat you're in, myself included. Some of us have left. Some may have been kicked out. But we are Mormons at heart, and not ashamed of the name of Mormon, even though we are followers of Christ, not followers of Mormon or Joseph or Nelson.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

I just think it was an earthquake, knocking stuff over. Occum's razor and all. Trying to read anything more into it is speculation at best, and superstitious nonsense at worst. It's like that person who thought they saw a cloud shaped like a rabbit, or who thought they saw Jesus in their toast. Okay, sure. But it probably doesn't mean jack squat in the end.

[email protected]
captain of 100

Post by [email protected] »

Durzan wrote: March 8th, 2023, 11:45 pm I just think it was an earthquake, knocking stuff over. Occum's razor and all. Trying to read anything more into it is speculation at best, and superstitious nonsense at worst. It's like that person who thought they saw a cloud shaped like a rabbit, or who thought they saw Jesus in their toast. Okay, sure. But it probably doesn't mean jack squat in the end.
Either way, it doesn't change what has happened over the last few years since that event.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

[email protected] wrote: March 9th, 2023, 2:12 am
Durzan wrote: March 8th, 2023, 11:45 pm I just think it was an earthquake, knocking stuff over. Occum's razor and all. Trying to read anything more into it is speculation at best, and superstitious nonsense at worst. It's like that person who thought they saw a cloud shaped like a rabbit, or who thought they saw Jesus in their toast. Okay, sure. But it probably doesn't mean jack squat in the end.
Either way, it doesn't change what has happened over the last few years since that event.
Looking back on the stupid stuff said about playing cards, I now see it was part of the secret combination plan to dumb down the vast majority of people, on to how to properly understand basic fundamentals of probability.

Straight, but not royal flush of the American mind. 🐳

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

What's the probability of the trumpet, and only the trumpet, falling, leaving the rest of the statue and building fine?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 8th, 2023, 7:31 pm

No apostrophe in Finnegans Wake. (Common editorial error)

Quark's also a form of cheese, if I remember rightly.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Trucker wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:35 am
What's the probability of the trumpet, and only the trumpet, falling, leaving the rest of the statue and building fine?
Obviously greater than zero, as that's apparently what actually happened. It doesn't really matter. But you certainly don't need God to explain this. Maybe he did do it, maybe he didn't, I dunno... but a freak accident of chance =/= divine intervention.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

It is certainly strange. Both from a structural point of view (since I would expect Moroni to be knocked entirely off his pedestal), and from a timing POV (Great Reset/lockdowns).

As a symbol it is perfect for what has happened since, with the effective banning of most Christian worship worldwide. Nelson doesn't like the Moroni statues either.

As Christians we aren't supposed to believe that every event is a meaningless coincidence. Some are imbued with meaning. However there are other interpretations, such one perceiving Moroni as being a graven image.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:43 am

We shall be so honored to have A Quark Aficionado amongst us. ❗️

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

Niemand wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:43 am

There's a new acronym for us!
If I remember rightly = IIRR
I like it 😁

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Lets be clear. Moroni lost his trumpet. Moroni didn't fall off the temple. Perhaps the symbolism (if any) is that it just isn't time to work so hard to spread the word? and the missionaries didn't do much for quite a while after that, and my not do much ever again? Not only did COVID make missionary work hard but really it allowed the wokeness to take over and that must make blowing the trumpet less useful. Perhaps we've seen or are nearing the end of the time of "gathering" which isn't really moving to Mo, but gathering into the church. Then the process is filtering or "cleansing", you know squeezing things so those who don't really want to be in the church (the boat) will willing jump overboard on their own, leaving the pure (and unfortunately some weaker but inertially stable TBMs ). then the TBMs will be filtered in the next step of preparation of some kind? Gee, seems like Isaiah to me?

Just food for thought.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Trucker wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:05 pm What impression does this picture evoke in you?

He is looking at his watch and wondering how long this charade is going to go on.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

HereWeGo wrote: March 9th, 2023, 10:53 am
Trucker wrote: March 8th, 2023, 3:05 pm What impression does this picture evoke in you?

He is looking at his watch and wondering how long this charade is going to go on.
He needs a purple circle on his watch band to direct his course.

Obeone
captain of 1,000

Post by Obeone »

[email protected] wrote: March 7th, 2023, 4:52 pm Story time folks:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/us/earth ... index.html

It's been 3 years almost to the day since this occurred. I don't know if this was a sign from God or not, but I will say it was an incredible coincidence. Especially since 3/18 was the day they closed the schools in my state (Washington) and that began the scary run on the grocery stores so for me, that was the day the pandemic truly began. Around the same time, the "non-essential" businesses began being shutdown by the government, and this included churches. Little did I know, the preceding Sunday would be the last time I would attend church. I had been undergoing a faith crisis for over a year, pretty much since the 2019 endowment changes, but I was still a largely a faithful member and attended every week with my family. I felt the government was being heavy handed but it didn't dawn on me the whole thing was largely a farce, a government power and money grab, until the George Floyd protests that began in May and continued right up until about November. This whole time the Church did not speak out against the government overreach, did not speak out against the lawlessness promoted by groups like BLM, did not speak out against massive government corruption or cultural decline. In fact, they went along with and supported the government overreach, they called out supposed "white supremacy" the definition of which has apparently been expanded to include simply enforcing laws against violent criminals of color. It became obvious this Church has no power, the government had the power. The Covid response, combined with the recent Ensign's Peak Advisors revelations and related SEC fines, I feel vindicates my doubts about this Church and it's leadership that began over four years ago.

Having said this I do not consider myself an ex-Mormon. I have not removed my records from the Church nor do I have a desire at this time to do so. I'm not a huge fan of most ex-Mormon influencers or the ex-Mormon community as nearly all of them come off as bitter woke victims that want to blame the Church for all their problems in life. Honestly I think "Nemo the Mormon" comes off as the most rational and balanced for me and I generally like his podcasts but everyone else I just can't stand.

I'm not an active member at this point, but I recognize a lot of the good things I've received from the church throughout most of my life. My LDS upbringing helped keep me out of a lot of trouble, helped me see parts of the world I never otherwise would have saw, helped me build my family and career. I've strongly considered returning to Church for the sake of community, giving service to others, and to give structure to my children. But I don't think I could ever go back to the way things were knowing what I know now, seeing what I saw over the last few years.
I respect your post. It sounds sincere.

Doubts about prophets of God is not a new phenomenon. There has not been one true prophet of God who was not called a false or fallen prophet. All prophets make mistakes. It is the tactic of the devil to make people focus exclusively on those errors and to disregard the revelations and influence of the Holy Ghost, so that his victims would get disconnected from God and be overcome of the world.

Joseph made public mistakes with the bank of Kirtland. Many members including some apostles apostatized over it.

Do you read the Book of Mormon daily? Do you nurture the influence of the Spirit in your life?

All prophets make mistakes, but God makes none. It is only important to me what God thinks of a prophet or a church.

My testimony is that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true, meaning it holds the true keys of the kingdom of God on earth and of saving ordinances of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

If we are merciful to God's ordained servants who hold the keys of His priesthood, God will be merciful to us. And I need all the help from Him I can get.

As for trumpet broken off from the hand of Moroni by an earthquake, it is sign that the trumpet has sounded, now God will preach the sermons of earthquakes and plagues to encourage people to repent.

From this point on the number of missionaries abroad will gradually decline until it will become zero, when all the missionaries will be called home.

It is a beginning of a new era in the history of the world and the Church.

New Jerusalem is next. From then on the trumpet will be at Moroni's foot, because it has already sounded.

mtmom
captain of 100

Post by mtmom »

The Red Pill wrote: March 7th, 2023, 7:05 pm

Not going to be a good global citizen or wear a UN 17 STG lapel pin like Rasband and Ballard.

Not much in common anymore...sad.
I understand your feelings. I am distressed also and do not--will not-- follow their NWO dogma.
Attachments
IMG_20230313_092152.png
IMG_20230313_092152.png (882.18 KiB) Viewed 259 times

Pepe
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Pepe »

You were already instructed about this by God : viewtopic.php?t=63037

And you spit on His messenger and sentenced him to die.

Matthew 25.

Judgement has already come on the false church. Those who remained are already Condemned.

And He will not come again.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Pepe wrote: March 30th, 2023, 2:40 pm You were already instructed about this by God : viewtopic.php?t=63037

And you spit on His messenger and sentenced him to die.

Matthew 25.

Judgement has already come on the false church. Those who remained are already Condemned.

And He will not come again.
Are you familiar with the miraculous magnitude and timing of the earthquake. :?:

letsjet
captain of 100

Post by letsjet »

The Church is Politically Neutral. It will never voice a political opinion because that would invite the spirit of contention into the Church. The Church’s political neutrality could be considered a weakness.

According to prophecy the Church will “give birth” to the political branch of the Kingdom of God, which is called simply the “Kingdom of God.” When the actual Kingdom of God is finally restored this new kingdom will be very bold in declaring political truth. It will bring to light the corruption in our government and society. It will grow at an exponential rate! It will be attacked with a vengeance, but no enemy of this Kingdom will prosper! The political truth that the Church has been silent about will be made known by the faithful members of this new Kingdom!

The Lord knows what He’s doing! You need to have more faith in the system that He has setup! The process of the Restoration is not finished yet. The real “marvelous work and a wonder” and the Lord’s “strange act” that will get the world’s attention is the miraculous establishment of the political branch of God’s Kingdom which according to my personal inspiration will happen soon!

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

I like Nemo, but he still thinks Joseph was a polygamist and a child predator, so he loses me at that point.

cwass
captain of 100

Post by cwass »

Niemand wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:48 am
It is certainly strange. Both from a structural point of view (since I would expect Moroni to be knocked entirely off his pedestal), and from a timing POV (Great Reset/lockdowns).

As a symbol it is perfect for what has happened since, with the effective banning of most Christian worship worldwide. Nelson doesn't like the Moroni statues either.

As Christians we aren't supposed to believe that every event is a meaningless coincidence. Some are imbued with meaning. However there are other interpretations, such one perceiving Moroni as being a graven image.
the timing of the trumpet falling coincided withy son coming home from Australia, leaving his mission with 7 months left. At the time it felt significant when you consider that the whole world shut down at the same time.
Recently a non member in my family expressed her feeling that it was significant to her when she saw an article in the New York times covering the earthquake and dropping of the trumpet by Moroni. She noted that it seemed like something that Mormons should take seriously.

It's an event that could easily be ignored by some but being reminded by a spiritually minded non member helps me to remember that, yes, this was an important event for some reason. I choose to fit it into a bigger puzzle of what we are all witnessing with the dividing up of the church.

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

cwass wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:05 pm
Niemand wrote: March 9th, 2023, 4:48 am

the timing of the trumpet falling coincided withy son coming home from Australia, leaving his mission with 7 months left. At the time it felt significant when you consider that the whole world shut down at the same time.
Recently a non member in my family expressed her feeling that it was significant to her when she saw an article in the New York times covering the earthquake and dropping of the trumpet by Moroni. She noted that it seemed like something that Mormons should take seriously.

It's an event that could easily be ignored by some but being reminded by a spiritually minded non member helps me to remember that, yes, this was an important event for some reason. I choose to fit it into a bigger puzzle of what we are all witnessing with the dividing up of the church.

Not that I’m a fan of abc news but the first line in this article says it all.
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/year-covi ... d=76204691

Missionaries sent home, earthquakes in SLC, temples closing, church cancelled in many if not most areas. Easter cancelled just a few days later. The symbolism is striking. A country that turns away from God will be judged by God. And this seemed like a cacophony of events at the time.

It was this sequence of events and those that followed that woke me up out of my cog diss. Grateful for the pandemic and grateful to find likeminded individuals who still hope for a correction by one mighty and strong.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Teancum1 wrote: March 30th, 2023, 9:39 pm It was this sequence of events and those that followed that woke me up out of my cog diss. Grateful for the pandemic and grateful to find likeminded individuals who still hope for a correction by one mighty and strong.
Remember that the restrictions came in during March, but that the disease had been around (supposedly) for six months before then and people were flying in and out of China during that period.

Sorry, pet peeve of mine. The pandemic is supposed to have started way before the lockdowns.