Good Gentile Music

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Good Gentile Music

Post by nightlight »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Who does it better?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The guy in black

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Refraction75
captain of 100

Post by Refraction75 »

Ok boys and girls...I guess I'll share some of my favorites that are recent finds in the past few years .....my new loves so to speak.

https://youtu.be/1MoAdVyuEuU

https://youtu.be/YMHRCXiGrvo

ARIZONA

https://youtu.be/bmitvsoXgaI

CANNONS

https://youtu.be/-1EO_QVhEa0

Daniel Blake

https://youtu.be/8upRaUYNAAk

Youmi Zuma

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

No, this isn't sped up...it's real time:

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

madvin wrote: March 20th, 2023, 12:57 pm No, this isn't sped up...it's real time:
So fast that it looks fake! Unbelievable

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Quis ut Deus?

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

This song about the 2nd Coming is PLAYING ON REPEAT in my AirPods

I love it

REPOST

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Re: Good Gentile Music 🎸

Post by dreamtheater76 »

abijah wrote: October 23rd, 2022, 4:37 am
One of the great 70’s Jazz Fusion albums. Always preferred Beck way over Page or Clapton. Especially because he could do guitar albums like this.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

dreamtheater76 wrote: April 17th, 2023, 9:04 pm
One of the great 70’s Jazz Fusion albums. Always preferred Beck way over Page or Clapton. Especially because he could do guitar albums like this.
I heard Jeff Beck actually died recently 😔 rest in peace

Page's playing (and clapton as well) is one of my main inspirations to learn guitar, can't believe that was ten years ago lol (some "ten years gone" joke there probly). Page may have been a weirdo in his personal life, but that band had a way of balancing the creative ability from each of the different members that made something bigger than the individual parts, which is very interesting to me.

But Beck is quite an independent talent, which has its own skill set of course. This song in particular was one of the first ones I transcribed by ear 👂 so it holds a special place.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

abijah wrote: April 18th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Page's playing (and clapton as well) is one of my main inspirations to learn guitar, can't believe that was ten years ago lol (some "ten years gone" joke there probly). Page may have been a weirdo in his personal life, but that band had a way of balancing the creative ability from each of the different members that made something bigger than the individual parts, which is very interesting to me.

But Beck is quite an independent talent, which has its own skill set of course. This song in particular was one of the first ones I transcribed by ear 👂 so it holds a special place.
Yeah I got to see Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page live. Unfortunately I never got the chance to see Jeff Beck in concert. When I was younger I listened to a lot of Zeppelin, Cream, and Yardbirds and had Jeff Becks Truth album. When I got older I was more into Prog Rock and Jazz Fusion which led me to the Blow by Blow album. Really great album along with Wired.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

madvin wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 9:43 pm
Underrated band. When I think of Proto-Progressive Rock I think of Procol Harum first. I like that they have a Classical style and have a blues guitarist like Robin Trower at the same time. They used to play gigs with Pink Floyd and Soft Machine before any of those artists were known. I’m sure all 3 of these bands influenced each other greatly.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

dreamtheater76 wrote: April 18th, 2023, 8:47 pm
Underrated band. When I think of Proto-Progressive Rock I think of Procol Harum first. I like that they have a Classical style and have a blues guitarist like Robin Trower at the same time. They used to play gigs with Pink Floyd and Soft Machine before any of those artists were known. I’m sure all 3 of these bands influenced each other greatly.
So true. I initially think of King Crimson.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

dreamtheater76 wrote: April 18th, 2023, 8:36 pm
abijah wrote: April 18th, 2023, 1:52 pm

Yeah I got to see Eric Clapton and Jimmy Page live. Unfortunately I never got the chance to see Jeff Beck in concert. When I was younger I listened to a lot of Zeppelin, Cream, and Yardbirds and had Jeff Becks Truth album. When I got older I was more into Prog Rock and Jazz Fusion which led me to the Blow by Blow album. Really great album along with Wired.
Jimmy Page having sex with children and being a devotee of Aleister Crowley both put me off him.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

madvin wrote: April 19th, 2023, 10:10 am
dreamtheater76 wrote: April 18th, 2023, 8:47 pm
So true. I initially think of King Crimson.
Yes King Crimson was the real game changer. All you have to do is look at the albums from Yes, Genesis. Pink Floyd, etc before In the Court of the Crimson King and after. They all stepped up their game and it was prime time. I also liked how well Bill Bruford fit into King Crimson after leaving Yes.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Some of you may enjoy the music of Khruangbin, a group from Texas that have created their own unique sound. The link is to a performance on Austin City Limits a few years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gxCJToKyc-0

Mike