Why not Jackson County, Missouri? Now.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
simpleton
captain of 1,000

Re: Why not Jackson County, Missouri? Now.

Post by simpleton »

Original_Intent wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:29 am
Being There wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:39 pm "The western boundary of the State of Missouri will be swept so clean of its inhabitants
that as President Young tells us, when you return to that place,
there will not be left so much as a yellow dog to wag his tail."
President Young was just a Yankee guesser, in his own words.
But my oh my did he do some very good discerning "guessing".

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

simpleton wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:49 pm
Original_Intent wrote: March 26th, 2023, 6:29 am
Being There wrote: March 25th, 2023, 11:39 pm "The western boundary of the State of Missouri will be swept so clean of its inhabitants
President Young was just a Yankee guesser, in his own words.
But my oh my did he do some very good discerning "guessing".
If you say so, he certainly presses the confirmation bias button for many.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Subcomandante wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:44 pm It might have something to do with a fairly nearby air base that is home to the United States' entire flock of B-2 Spirit stealth bombers and, before that, was a base from which a portion of the United States' nuclear deterrant could be launched from.

That would be a priority one target for Russian and Chinese ICBMs should a nuclear war be launched.

Other targets that would be considered would be the air bases in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana that are also responsible for missile launches, as well as Hill AFB in Utah.

Not to mention the fact that Kansas City is an important domestic transport hub. I-35 that goes up from Monterrey MX and Laredo and ends in Minnesota goes through there. I-29 which eventually hits Winnipeg BC starts in KC. I-49 which goes down to New Orleans, likewise starts in KC. And I-70, which starts in Cove Fort Utah and goes to Baltimore and Washington on the east coast, with an indirect link to Vegas and Los Angeles on the west side via I-15, also goes through KC. Its airport, albeit not too big, also connects with important air terminals all across the country and a few international sites as well.
I had a dream years ago where everything was blocked off by between Temple Square and through Beck Street and maybe further but no one could go up that way because hills and mountains had collapsed all through that area. Everything city and church buildings including the Temple were so badly damaged I wondered how long it would take to repair or if they were beyond repair. I used to live up north. For some reason I felt strongly I needed to move back where I grew up. Hopefully this was just a silly dream. But I know these UN 15 minute smart cities and Chinese social score that are being put in Utah by Governor Cox are the greatest threat we have ever faced locally.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Since Zion is to be 1500 miles cubed, that means tall as well as wide. Since we currently do not have the technology to build anything 1500 miles high, it means that a massive influx of technology is needed first. Getting from South Africa to Zion might be as simple as thinking about it. Is it harder to get to the USA than placing a ten ton stone atop a pyramid? How about the laser precision of stone cutting in South America?

Don't say "Can't be done." You just have to think outside the box.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

dreamtheater76 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:01 pm
Subcomandante wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:44 pm It might have something to do with a fairly nearby air base that is home to the United States' entire flock of B-2 Spirit stealth bombers and, before that, was a base from which a portion of the United States' nuclear deterrant could be launched from.

That would be a priority one target for Russian and Chinese ICBMs should a nuclear war be launched.

Other targets that would be considered would be the air bases in Nebraska, Wyoming, and Montana that are also responsible for missile launches, as well as Hill AFB in Utah.

Not to mention the fact that Kansas City is an important domestic transport hub. I-35 that goes up from Monterrey MX and Laredo and ends in Minnesota goes through there. I-29 which eventually hits Winnipeg BC starts in KC. I-49 which goes down to New Orleans, likewise starts in KC. And I-70, which starts in Cove Fort Utah and goes to Baltimore and Washington on the east coast, with an indirect link to Vegas and Los Angeles on the west side via I-15, also goes through KC. Its airport, albeit not too big, also connects with important air terminals all across the country and a few international sites as well.
I had a dream years ago where everything was blocked off by between Temple Square and through Beck Street and maybe further but no one could go up that way because hills and mountains had collapsed all through that area. Everything city and church buildings including the Temple were so badly damaged I wondered how long it would take to repair or if they were beyond repair. I used to live up north. For some reason I felt strongly I needed to move back where I grew up. Hopefully this was just a silly dream. But I know these UN 15 minute smart cities and Chinese social score that are being put in Utah by Governor Cox are the greatest threat we have ever faced locally.
This would be the results of a Chinese nuke detonated above Hill AFB. This would be from China's CURRENT, DOCUMENTED nuclear weapons.

Davis and Weber would be totaled and there would be damage up into extreme south Box Elder and extreme north SL Co.
Attachments
Nuke Hill AFB.png
Nuke Hill AFB.png (689.74 KiB) Viewed 195 times

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 10:55 am Other groups descended from the Restoration have their headquarters in Independence, Missouri. Why isn’t the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints headquartered there? It isn’t as if they don’t have the means to do so. Is the LDS Church buying up land there? Why no Joseph Smith University there? The most it seems to have done is to have built a mini-temple there. Why not build a large one assuming if you build it they will come? Has Jesus decided Salt Lake City is now the Center Place? Are there too many Baptists in Jackson County?
They couldn’t tell you …

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

HereWeGo wrote: March 4th, 2023, 3:36 pm
Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 2:16 pm The LDS Church has the means to fulfill the Lord’s commandments and begin to build Zion.
The problem is, they have walked away from the idea of building a City of Zion. They haven't talked about this for many decades. They now have the doctrine that Zion is in the Stakes of the church. Stay put is their directions.
“We believe in the literal gathering…”

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Subcomandante wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:23 pm
Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:18 pm I am not urging a sudden mass migration to Missouri.

I am urging LDS leaders to establish their headquarters there, build a decent size temple and a university and begin the natural process of Saints moving to the Center Place. I am certainly not suggesting members in foreign countries should start coming to the United States. It would be nice to see 50,000 members begin to build something nice there. Perhaps that could become the shining city that would set up a parallel economy apart from the world that would inspire others to see what is possible.
If a National Divorce became a reality, with the coastal states forming a type of Blue America, and the central and southern states forming a type of Red America, I think we would be in a better position for that to happen.

Because Independence would be right in the middle of this Red America. It wouldn't be able to be missed. If my economic analyst that I follow is correct, he's saying the 2024 election might not even happen, and the USA might be in chaos through the middle part of this decade.

In such a setup of chaos, I DO see your vision as a possible reality.

In the CURRENT state, I DON'T see this as a reality. We are WAY too connected in order to live in isolation. Chaos would need to come first. How that chaos comes is to me, still a mystery.
Joseph Smith saw it: Civil War 2 — starts in Chicago and is a result of the devaluation of the currency.

Feels closer every day …

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

Generally speaking, it is wise to take anything BY said with a large salty grain of salt.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Why not Jackson county Missouri? Because there are no mountains in Missouri.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Christianlee wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:18 pm I am not urging a sudden mass migration to Missouri.

I am urging LDS leaders to establish their headquarters there, build a decent size temple and a university and begin the natural process of Saints moving to the Center Place. I am certainly not suggesting members in foreign countries should start coming to the United States. It would be nice to see 50,000 members begin to build something nice there. Perhaps that could become the shining city that would set up a parallel economy apart from the world that would inspire others to see what is possible.
A few years go, a family in our ward felt impressed to move to the Jackson County area. The father quit his job here in Utah and they moved to Missouri! It definitely got me thinking about moving out there. I even started looking at real estate in the area. :)

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

investigator wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:34 pm Why not Jackson county Missouri? Because there are no mountains in Missouri.
And it shall come to pass in the last days, that the mountain of the Lord’s house shall be established in the top of the mountains, and shall be exalted above the hills; and all nations shall flow unto it.

3 And many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths: for out of Zion shall go forth the law, and the word of the Lord from Jerusalem.
If that is true, Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

ori
captain of 1,000

Post by ori »

Subcomandante wrote: March 4th, 2023, 5:23 pm If a National Divorce became a reality, with the coastal states forming a type of Blue America, and the central and southern states forming a type of Red America, I think we would be in a better position for that to happen.

Because Independence would be right in the middle of this Red America. It wouldn't be able to be missed. If my economic analyst that I follow is correct, he's saying the 2024 election might not even happen, and the USA might be in chaos through the middle part of this decade.

In such a setup of chaos, I DO see your vision as a possible reality.

In the CURRENT state, I DON'T see this as a reality. We are WAY too connected in order to live in isolation. Chaos would need to come first. How that chaos comes is to me, still a mystery.
Can you share who your economic analyst is? Is it someone who publishes online? IMO the 2024 election will happen, but there will be some crazy chaos that will happen, to the point that probably the president elect won't get sworn in. (My personal interpretation of the Ezra's Eagle prophecy, or at least one way it could go down). I guess this is my way of saying that I agree with your economic analyst that there will be some chaos very soon.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Christianlee wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:38 pm
investigator wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:34 pm Why not Jackson county Missouri? Because there are no mountains in Missouri.

If that is true, Joseph Smith was a false prophet.
The “saints” squandered those opportunities to build Zion. Zion will not be moved out of her place. Isaiah said it will be in the top of the mountains. Study the words of Isaiah.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

As I live in this area, I will add that Jackson County, Missouri is not the rural pastoral landscape that some of you may envision. Jackson County is an urban county with Kansas City, Mo and Kansas City, Kansas at its center. Jackson County has all the issues that any other large urban center will have. Now there are some very nice parts of Kansas City and then there are parts you would be well advised to avoid just as there are in any big city.

Kansas City does have some advantages, its transportation infrastructure is far superior to most large cities. It has a new modern airport, and rail, both freight and Amtrak are well developed and connected, and the highway system has enough capacity so that there is seldom gridlock on the roads. Public schools can be a serious problem in the central city.

Independence, the county seat is a city just to the east of Kansas City proper. It is defiantly a mixed bag with some areas on its west side quite depressed and other areas very nice. The area right around the Temple is nice but of course, there are several churches keeping it up and sparing no expense to do so. Houses in that area very rarely come up for sale.

Just thought you might like to know what your are all talking about here.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

D&C 49:23
Wherefore, be not deceived, but continue in steadfastness, looking forth for the heavens to be shaken, and the earth to tremble and to reel to and fro as a drunken man, and for the valleys to be exalted, and for the mountains to be made low, and for the rough places to become smooth—and all this when the angel shall sound his trumpet.
How it looks there now is unlikely to be how it looks later.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

Subcomandante wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:09 pm

This would be the results of a Chinese nuke detonated above Hill AFB. This would be from China's CURRENT, DOCUMENTED nuclear weapons.

Davis and Weber would be totaled and there would be damage up into extreme south Box Elder and extreme north SL Co.
Very similar to the scenario Joel Skousen has talked about if Hill AFB was targeted. I have a sister that lives just minutes away from there. Maybe I had that dream after hearing about this on World Affairs Brief on KTALK. I try not to think about it. Actually I have had a couple of dreams about it and another one where I saw a metal plant industrial area was destroyed that looked like the one not to far from that area. I also had a dream where Daybreak area was pretty much blown to kibbles and bits. That was during the time it was first being built under 20 years ago. So I was having these dreams before I ever thought of worrying about them. Probably just dreams. I hope.

Ado
captain of 100

Post by Ado »

I was preparing my final lesson this week for the 9-10 year olds I’ve been teaching in primary. After 4 years in nursery and primary, I’m getting released, so I wanted to make it a memorable lesson. That’s difficult to do with these energetic kids who are easily distracted with well intention object lessons, and unimpressed with simple doctrinal discussions. But I digress…
Come Follow Me had us studying the 8 parables given in Matthew 13. I found a remarkable reference to what Joseph Smith taught about these parables, and how he taught that they give a chronological map for us to follow the unfolding of the kingdom and gathering from the time Jesus established it on earth (parable of the sower) to the end of the world (parable of the householder.) I made a bookmark for the kids to stick in their scriptures with a simple chart comparing each parable to each event of the unfolding of the kingdom and the gathering of Israel, as Joseph smith taught it. Included some cross references of my own. Then spent the lesson trying to guide a discussion about why Christ taught in parables, how they can see parables in their own lives, and how to nurture their own hearts into fertile soil so they recognize the mysteries that will elude everyone around them. Most of the lesson went over their heads, as I expected. I don’t know how to simplify these things down more than I did, and perhaps they understand more than they let on. They did seem to grasp quite a bit though, and I hoped they’d stick their bookmarks in the scriptures and maybe, one day, come back to find it when they’re prepared to understand a little more. That has happened to me a time or two with handouts from seminary days that I stuck in my quad and forgot about. You never know.
Anyways, according to Joseph Smith’s timeline taken from Jesus’s parables in Matthew 13, the parable of the hidden treasure is what happened when they were in search of the land of their inheritance, burying the treasure and buying the land surrounding it. The parable after that is the pearl of great price, where everything is sold for the one pearl itself. Joseph seemed to explain that the stakes that are built up to surround Zion’s city will one day all be sold in order to build Zion back up, along with its temple. D&C 101:17-20 backs this up.
It was fascinating to read about this and to see how the parables Jesus gave really do fit. God is so good!
I think the restoration, gathering and early history is an unfolding parable that eludes most of us.

https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/vie ... additional
Last edited by Ado on March 26th, 2023, 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

dreamtheater76 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 3:52 pm

Very similar to the scenario Joel Skousen has talked about if Hill AFB was targeted. I have a sister that lives just minutes away from there. Maybe I had that dream after hearing about this on World Affairs Brief on KTALK. I try not to think about it. Actually I have had a couple of dreams about it and another one where I saw a metal plant industrial area was destroyed that looked like the one not to far from that area. I also had a dream where Daybreak area was pretty much blown to kibbles and bits. That was during the time it was first being built under 20 years ago. So I was having these dreams before I ever thought of worrying about them. Probably just dreams. I hope.
Now I can see where you got your moniker from.

dreamtheater76
captain of 100

Post by dreamtheater76 »

madvin wrote: March 26th, 2023, 4:28 pm

Now I can see where you got your moniker from.
My wife is from Central America and has dreams that actually mean something. For me it's extremely rare. I've only had a couple or so dreams like that.
Dream Theater is a progressive metal band. I love the number 76 because of the foundation of this country and I was a bicentennial baby. So my username is not at all about dreams. I'm not some visionary or seventh son of the seventh son or some talking fortune cookie or anything.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

since I am a student of dreams/visions etc, I would never move to Missouri at this time. There are at least hundreds of futuristic accounts of the New Madrid fault going off which basically destroys the entire nation. Maybe Brigham got that one right? yellow dog, tail etc.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

I have had two dreams about H AFB. Many years ago, at a time that I had only a vague notion of it's existence. Both dreams were the same subject but each from a different point of view.

Internal leadership is changed out in order to do something very destructive. Past leaders disappear overnight , perhaps are said to have been called to war? Basically the base falls into the hands of enemies, but by order/assistance of those at the very top. I did not see it get nuked.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Well, sure, there aren't any mountains there now...

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

LDS Physician wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:31 pm
Generally speaking, it is wise to take anything BY said with a large salty grain of salt.
true. I agree.
However in this case, he is right.
Not only Missouri, but the entire U.S. will be swept clean.
And we know that - from many other scriptures.

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

Being There wrote: March 26th, 2023, 5:49 pm
LDS Physician wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:31 pm
true. I agree.
However in this case, he is right.
Not only Missouri, but the entire U.S. will be swept clean.
And we know that - from many other scriptures.
There is a wide body of opinion among a cross section of various Latter Day Saints in the area that the destruction referred happened at the time of the civil war which was devastating to the area the impacts of which permitted the LDS, RLDS the Temple Lot church and others to return to Independence and reacquire lands associated with the temple lots.