Mormon man poisoned wife

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Mormon man poisoned wife

Post by Chip »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 25th, 2023, 12:03 pm
Hugh Akston wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:47 am
Wolfwoman wrote: March 25th, 2023, 8:04 am I understand the affair he was having was with a man.
He filled cavities.
The video I just watched said the affair was with a woman, so I guess I was wrong!

Could be a trans woman.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

I wondered when this would finally come up here.

Let me give some links so everyone can be properly informed to help this discussion:

News article covering a lot of what's in the affidavit: https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colo ... ifes-death

Article with link to the affidavit: https://heavy.com/news/james-toliver-craig/

The actual affidavit: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... r_redacted

Of course he is innocent until proven guilty and we have legal processes to give the accused a fair trial. But as you read the affidavit the evidence looks pretty strong against him. And given that he was the EQ Pres of his ward at the time, this is pretty heavy to accept. If he is guilty, and texted his dying wife like he did, then this is one of the most extreme examples of duplicity ever seen. It very hard to read the texts between him and his wife dying in the hospital, but they are in the affidavit. Reader beware.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Trucker wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:12 pm Let me give some links so everyone can be properly informed to help this discussion:

News article covering a lot of what's in the affidavit: https://www.koaa.com/news/covering-colo ... ifes-death
On March 15, as Person A and Person B drove to the hospital to see Anglea Craig during her third hospital visit, an office manager contacted Person A and said she was contacted by another office manager of Summerbrook Dental Group. This other manager had told her that on March 6 — the first day Angela Craig became sick and went to the hospital — she was working late at the dental office and saw James Craig return to the office after hours. The office manager said she had seen him at an exam room computer with the lights off, which she described as odd since she knew he had his own office with his own computer, plus a personal laptop he took to and from the office, the affidavit reads.

About 30 minutes after she left, James Craig texted that office manager to say he would soon receive a personal package in the mail and she should not open it, according to the affidavit. That package arrived on March 13 and had been opened by another employee. When the office manager looked inside, she saw “a biohazard sticker and what said ‘potassium cyanide’ on a circular canister,” the document reads. She sealed it back up and gave it to James Craig. When she later researched potassium cyanide and its effect on a person, she realized Angela Craig had the same symptoms.
After James Craig had stepped away, Person A — having just heard the account from the office manager — told one of the attending nurses that he was suspicious that Angela Craig may have been poisoned. He said James Craig had recently ordered potassium cyanide for their dental practice, but there was no medical reason to have it there.

That nurse then called police and the investigation into James Craig began, according to the affidavit.

The Aurora Police Department’s Major Crimes Homicide Unit took over from there.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

After some time at the hospital on March 15, Person A and Person B left and sat in their car. Person A then answered a call from James Craig, which connected to the car’s Bluetooth speakers. James Craig said he had “heard ‘some disturbing information’ and then asked (Person A) if he had said anything to the hospital staff,” according to the affidavit.

Person A told James Craig that he had, and that he was aware of the package delivered to the office. James Craig replied that the package was a ring to surprise his wife — an explanation that Person rejected. He asked James Craig why he would buy the potassium cyanide. James Craig recanted and admitted the package had indeed contained that chemical, but that his wife had asked him to order it since she didn’t have the proper credentials. He said he “didn’t think she would actually take it,” according to the affidavit.

At this point, Person A told James Craig to stop talking and hire a lawyer.
Edit: The whole article is quite interesting, and quite disturbing (the koaa.com site Trucker posted, and which I quoted from.)
Last edited by Silver Pie on March 26th, 2023, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Trucker wrote: March 25th, 2023, 4:12 pm I wondered when this would finally come up here.

Let me give some links so everyone can be properly informed to help this discussion:

Article with link to the affidavit: https://heavy.com/news/james-toliver-craig/

The actual affidavit: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... r_redacted

Of course he is innocent until proven guilty and we have legal processes to give the accused a fair trial. But as you read the affidavit the evidence looks pretty strong against him. And given that he was the EQ Pres of his ward at the time, this is pretty heavy to accept. If he is guilty, and texted his dying wife like he did, then this is one of the most extreme examples of duplicity ever seen. It very hard to read the texts between him and his wife dying in the hospital, but they are in the affidavit. Reader beware.
Thanks, Trucker.

I have deep, decades old roots in Aurora, CO, and will be interested to see and hear more about this story as good information becomes available.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

I just read the koaa.com report. Man, he is a bad guy. Totally fits the "narcissist" profile. He even bullied his staff when they became aware of what he was up to. Huge gaslighter, too. And he was the EQ president in his ward.

What if the rapture has already happened and we are all still here LEFT BEHIND, stewing in this societal mess as the tribulation unfolds?

Maybe Wendy will get a speaking slot in Conference and say, "What if I were to tell you that Jesus has already extracted his most faithful followers from the earth and the rest of us are left here to molder during the tribulation? Many of us will seek death, but it will evade us."
Last edited by Chip on March 26th, 2023, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:06 am I just read the koaa.com report. Man, he is a bad guy. Totally fits the "narcissist" profile. He even bullied his staff when they became aware of what he was up to. Huge gaslighter, too. And he was the EQ president in his ward. What if the rapture already happened and we are all left behind, stewing in this societal mess as the tribulation unfolds?
There was a notion in some quarters that the lockdowns were used to hide the disappearance of people! If there was a rapture, it was very, very few people and I'm including devout, genuine Christians I know.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Niemand wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:08 am
Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:06 am I just read the koaa.com report. Man, he is a bad guy. Totally fits the "narcissist" profile. He even bullied his staff when they became aware of what he was up to. Huge gaslighter, too. And he was the EQ president in his ward. What if the rapture already happened and we are all left behind, stewing in this societal mess as the tribulation unfolds?
There was a notion in some quarters that the lockdowns were used to hide the disappearance of people! If there was a rapture, it was very, very few people and I'm including devout, genuine Christians I know.

I've been watching this guy for years. He left the church and has been living in his van for 8 years. I used to think he was a bit nuts, but he seems pretty relatable to me, these days. He's been talking a lot about THE RAPTURE lately:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsjMkobOj4

He is thinking that the government is going to use a fake space-alien invasion to cover the coming rapture. They will blame it on aliens and scare everyone to death, except death will flee them, so it will just be really miserable. It says, though, that nobody knows the hour that Christ returns, or for that matter, when the righteous will be taken, so it's unlikely the THE GOVERNMENT knows.

He has made a website all about dreams that people have had about the coming rapture. It's actually quite compelling to me. Our church really downplays this event that is talked about in the Bible, but not called "the rapture" - that's just a name given to it by people. It's briefly outlined in Matthew 24, but the chronology of the last days and the disappearance of the faithful is not clear to me. Most Christians seem to believe that righteous people will be taken, then the days of tribulation begin, where the anti-Christ reigns and many are killed, then Christ comes and destroys all the wicked. For those that want to choose God, but weren't ready for the rapture, they will have to prove themselves during the tribulation.

Here is his rapture dream site:

https://rapturedreams.com/

Dave62
destroyer of hopes & dreams

Post by Dave62 »

Hang on a bit. The husband has been charged but not yet convicted? Is that right? If that is the case it is probably good advice to shut the hell up about it to avoid any possibility of a miscarriage of justice. You know how Mormon rumour mills run overtime. And ministering carefully to the victims? What's wrong with that?

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Silver Pie wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:32 am
After some time at the hospital on March 15, Person A and Person B left and sat in their car. Person A then answered a call from James Craig, which connected to the car’s Bluetooth speakers. James Craig said he had “heard ‘some disturbing information’ and then asked (Person A) if he had said anything to the hospital staff,” according to the affidavit.

Person A told James Craig that he had, and that he was aware of the package delivered to the office. James Craig replied that the package was a ring to surprise his wife — an explanation that Person rejected. He asked James Craig why he would buy the potassium cyanide. James Craig recanted and admitted the package had indeed contained that chemical, but that his wife had asked him to order it since she didn’t have the proper credentials. He said he “didn’t think she would actually take it,” according to the affidavit.

At this point, Person A told James Craig to stop talking and hire a lawyer.
Edit: The whole article is quite interesting, and quite disturbing (the koaa.com site Trucker posted, and which I quoted from.)
Thank God for person A.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Dave62 wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:55 am Hang on a bit. The husband has been charged but not yet convicted? Is that right? If that is the case it is probably good advice to shut the hell up about it to avoid any possibility of a miscarriage of justice. You know how Mormon rumour mills run overtime. And ministering carefully to the victims? What's wrong with that?
He's been arrested and charged. Not sure what miscarriage of justice we could do by discussing publicly available information.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ?ci=555793

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:26 am

I've been watching this guy for years. He left the church and has been living in his van for 8 years. I used to think he was a bit nuts, but he seems pretty relatable to me, these days. He's been talking a lot about THE RAPTURE lately:

He is thinking that the government is going to use a fake space-alien invasion to cover the coming rapture. They will blame it on aliens and scare everyone to death, except death will flee them, so it will just be really miserable. It says, though, that nobody knows the hour that Christ returns, or for that matter, when the righteous will be taken, so it's unlikely the THE GOVERNMENT knows.

He has made a website all about dreams that people have had about the coming rapture. It's actually quite compelling to me. Our church really downplays this event that is talked about in the Bible, but not called "the rapture" - that's just a name given to it by people. It's briefly outlined in Matthew 24, but the chronology of the last days and the disappearance of the faithful is not clear to me. Most Christians seem to believe that righteous people will be taken, then the days of tribulation begin, where the anti-Christ reigns and many are killed, then Christ comes and destroys all the wicked. For those that want to choose God, but weren't ready for the rapture, they will have to prove themselves during the tribulation.

A pre-tribulation rapture is a false doctrine

Those who believe it will likely become like the worst of people when the proverbial sh!t hits them

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

nightlight wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:00 am

Those who believe it will likely become like the worst of people when the proverbial sh!t hits them
If the past is any indication of the future, scripture will be fulfilled in ways that are different than any of us have imagined. I keep lots of options open. I only know that I don't know, exactly, and neither does anyone else.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:52 am

If the past is any indication of the future, scripture will be fulfilled in ways that are different than any of us have imagined. I keep lots of options open. I only know that I don't know, exactly, and neither does anyone else.
I disagree

You can simply ask the Father if there will be a pre-tribulation rapture.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

nightlight wrote: March 26th, 2023, 10:57 am

I disagree

It seems that most who inquired got an affirmative answer, judging from the number of Youtube testimonies. They mainly were just shown, without much inquiry. I'm pretty sure that 99% of Mormons simply inherited the church's view on the matter, since they can't be led astray. Maybe I need to ask harder, but I think I have not been given any definitive answer. It may not even matter.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:55 pm

I disagree

It seems that most who inquired got an affirmative answer, judging from the number of Youtube testimonies. They mainly were just shown, without much inquiry. I'm pretty sure that 99% of Mormons simply inherited the church's view on the matter, since they can't be led astray. Maybe I need to ask harder, but I think I have not been given any definitive answer. It may not even matter.
Bro you said the exact same thing to me when you thought Trump would take back the white house after Biden won.
"look at all these people on YouTube saying God told them this would happen"

Same thing. These people have a false spirit that is giving them false revelation about a false doctrine.

The scriptures clearly show the saints going through The Tribulations.

Rev13
[7] And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
-------------
Daniel 7:21

“I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;”
----------------
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads
---------------

Etc

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

nightlight wrote: March 26th, 2023, 1:39 pm
Chip wrote: March 26th, 2023, 12:55 pm

I disagree

Bro you said the exact same thing to me when you thought Trump would take back the white house after Biden won.
"look at all these people on YouTube saying God told them this would happen"

Same thing. These people have a false spirit that is giving them false revelation about a false doctrine.

The scriptures clearly show the saints going through The Tribulations.

Rev13
[7] And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations.
-------------
Daniel 7:21

“I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;”
----------------
15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.

16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads
---------------

Etc

You may be right.

Anything can yet happen with Trump, though. He was who people voted for. He should be the president.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

As far as the screenshot in the op of this thread, I see nothing in it except a bishop concerned for the welfare of the children involved.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

nightlight wrote: March 26th, 2023, 9:00 am A pre-tribulation rapture is a false doctrine
As someone who has studied it, I think it is:
* Wishful thinking.
* But more scripturally based than it is given credit for.

As a doctrine, it is actually far older than it is commonly claimed to be. It is often claimed Darby came up with it, or a Scotswoman in the 19th century, but it was actually recorded years before the USA ever became independent. There are traces of it in Christian writings a thousand or more years earlier.

There is one very strong case for it in scripture which is often overlooked. God often removes righteous people from a place before it is destroyed e.g. Noah, Lot, Moses and so on. Moses is a slight exception as the Egyptians suffered tribulation while the Hebrews were still there, and then their leaders were destroyed pursuing them. This may have to happen with the world. In Jewish tradition, towns and countries are preserved because of a handful of righteous within them. It's a very old one going back before Christ.

If the world is destroyed by fire this time, then it will be hard to have an ark.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

The upshot of this whole post is that a murder rarely has one victim. In this case a woman was killed, but her friends and relatives have to live with what happened, as do her in-laws.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I’m so sad. I had a nice long response going here and then my page refreshed and I lost it all! 😭 I’ll try to re-type it all again.

Thanks Trucker, for posting the links. I read the first two and I’m on page 12 of the 52 page affidavit.

I didn’t know that a person could be poisoned by arsenic and cyanide and that the hospital wouldn’t be able to tell until it was too late to save you. Crazy that she was discharged from the hospital a couple of times. She was even discharged the day before she went on life support and became brain dead.

James appears to be a terrible guy. (I’m withholding my final judgment. 😉) According to Angela’s sister, he was addicted to porn since he was a teen and he had multiple affairs with several women. I wish Angela had divorced him over that. She might still be alive if she had. I know I would divorce after 1-2 affairs. Perhaps she stayed with him for the sake of their children. And why didn’t he divorce her rather than murder her? (Same question I have in the Daybell/Vallow murder cases.)

His business partner said he seems to be a risk taker. I’d say so. And maybe impulsive too. He seemed to get the idea to poison his wife to death at the end of February and by March 6th he had already poisoned her. You’d think after being married for so many years, and being a member of the church and an elder’s quorum president, he might think long and hard about it before actually going through with such a thing. But no, he just murders her and lies about it pretty casually.

The other woman that he was having an affair with. Was she LDS? I don’t know, but she at least believes in God. She said she would be praying for him after finding out his wife died. Hey lady, you’re committing adultery. If you believe in God, maybe you should start repenting and praying for your own soul. (I’m withholding my final judgment. 😉)

Those are my thoughts on it so far.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:15 am According to Angela’s sister, he was addicted to porn since he was a teen and he had multiple affairs with several women.
The Mormon definition of porn addiction is usually someone who has looked at it more than once in their lifetime. I think that probably applies to most of the priesthood, I'm afraid!

As I've said above, I feel sorry for the other family members. They're who the bishop was trying to protect. Some of them may even have to change their names. It's not unknown.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Silver Pie wrote: March 26th, 2023, 2:44 pm As far as the screenshot in the op of this thread, I see nothing in it except a bishop concerned for the welfare of the children involved.
yes, the overwhelming majority was about the children. But… that last part was still wrong.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Niemand wrote: March 27th, 2023, 6:34 am
Wolfwoman wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:15 am According to Angela’s sister, he was addicted to porn since he was a teen and he had multiple affairs with several women.
The Mormon definition of porn addiction is usually someone who has looked at it more than once in their lifetime. I think that probably applies to most of the priesthood, I'm afraid!

As I've said above, I feel sorry for the other family members. They're who the bishop was trying to protect. Some of them may even have to change their names. It's not unknown.
Just quoting the sister who was quoting Jim.

I do feel terrible for the children. But yikes, they should not be with a murderous adulterous father. Let him have his day in court though. Innocent until proven guilty.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Wolfwoman wrote: March 27th, 2023, 5:15 am I’m so sad. I had a nice long response going here and then my page refreshed and I lost it all! 😭 I’ll try to re-type it all again.
That used to happen to me a lot several years ago. It didn't take long for me to open Notepad on my computer and type my whole post there, then copy and paste to LDSFF.