Jesus Christ was an occultist.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Jesus Christ was an occultist.

Post by Original_Intent »

FrankOne wrote: March 21st, 2023, 7:01 pm
Original_Intent wrote: March 21st, 2023, 6:56 pm This is The Way.

off topic, but have you watched "the mandalorian" series?
it's a classic type star wars action series without PC or wokeness. (unlike the new Picard series).

they often say "this is the way". I find it inspirational because of their conviction.
Yes, I watch and yes it was intentional! haha

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

FrankOne wrote: March 21st, 2023, 7:01 pm
Original_Intent wrote: March 21st, 2023, 6:56 pm This is The Way.

off topic, but have you watched "the mandalorian" series?
it's a classic type star wars action series without PC or wokeness. (unlike the new Picard series).

they often say "this is the way". I find it inspirational because of their conviction.
I have heard good reports about it, but I don't want to subscribe to Disney + .

Picard was awful. I agree. I only made it through six episodes. A hard slog.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

TheDuke wrote: March 21st, 2023, 5:30 pm Got to love it when a verse is taken so far out of context! He is saying where he taught not what principles he taught. This is about grabbing him at night.

He taught his parables in public.
That's the exact context my friend. Read 1 Nephi 20:16 and see for yourself. He teaches openly to all. Even parables are open to all. They just have to continue putting the work into understanding them, but the entire parables are all right there written from the beginning.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Original_Intent wrote: March 21st, 2023, 6:56 pmThis is The Way.
I'd much rather be an occultist than a cultist. 8-)

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Matthew 16: 15-18

Hmm, let's back up the boat here. Naturally I have not found it yet, but the word here is Cephas which has been interpreted as rock or stone, actually means a seer. In other words, Jesus is explaining that his church is founded upon seership. Watch closely. This is most interesting, as back then, Simon Petros (Peter) was not much of a seer. This is reference to a future life in which Peter develops his seership due to an experience or experiences. In the Readings of Paul Solomon, he refers to 3 major figures to come that were Biblical or from the days of the New Testament. One was Paul, which Paul Solomon or the Readings state that he was. Then there is Peter, and John. Even though Paul Solomon & others of his group felt this "John" was John the Beloved, it is really John the Baptist aka Elijah come again. This is found in W. Alexander Wheeler's 1994 PB bio of Paul & his prophecies- 'The Prophetic Revelations of Paul Solomon' pp.165-167 concerning PSR #1560 & 854. Interestingly, the "School" (School of the Prophets) is spoken of, as well as several of the 12 disciples, and they seem to be in some sort of center "from that sacred mountain" (or hill). The items spoken of here, seem to be speaking of Zion in Independence, Missouri. And it also speaks of one walking forth from this place (who by faith) "doing all things that ever the Master did, and greater."

But it speaks of Paul exiting early (he died in early 1994 due to serious injury attempting to free an 11 year old girl from slavery in Thailand). He was nominated in 1993 for the Nobel Peace Prize. He noted Peter & John would still continue the Great Work set for our era. I have several friends who were with Paul Solomon in the early days & they speak highly of him.

Lynn
captain of 100

Post by Lynn »

Let me back up, as I did not have my notes handy. Petros is a Greek word, while Cephas is Aramaic. Aramaic (diluted Hebrew) was the language spoken of in Jesus' time. So we can bet that Jesus used the word Cephas.. As you know, some words carry other meanings, that ones we normally associate it with. And sometimes there is much more to the story than face value or just using what looks to be a substitute word in another language. It was a colleague of mine who did some research in depth, that found that the use of Cephas in this avenue indicated seership (in other words, one who was a seer or had that ability. The current president/prophets, either in RLDS-CoC or LDS-Mormons are spoken of not only being a seer & a prophet, as well as the president. Now, none seem to have fully exercised it since Joseph Smith was killed. And Peter back then did not seem to exhibit such a gift, so it would have to be in some sort of future manner. Which of course would mean Simon "Peter" was to be sent again.

There is also some more concerning Cephas found in David Fideler's well researched 1993 PB edition- 'Jesus Christ, Sun of God (: Ancient Cosmology and Early Christian Symbolism)'. See pp.276-278. "Cephas" in gematria value is 729. It represents the cubic foundation stone which is made up of 729 smaller cubes (9x9x9). It ties in with the cross & the tree of paradise as well.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 21st, 2023, 6:33 pmabijah,

I've ordered a copy of the book.
the chapters are like 1 or 2 pages so it's tempting to just blaze through it, but they're also insanely dense so id recommend read one chapter at a time and ruminate on it for a bit.
In the interview, Pageau talks about what words from the original Hebrew mean. They are interpretations I've never heard before, such as his claim around the 4:00 minute mark that the word Eve uses to describe her beguilement means "lending on credit".
Genesis 3
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

"beguiled", hebrew word "nasha" נָשָׁא Strong's 5377 ----> to deceive, to lead astray, to seduce

"nasha", נָשָׁא Strong's #5378 ----> to exact usury, to put into debt

the whole concept of "credit" is to game the ~cycle~ by taking a hypothetical future value and artificially materialising it into the present. very snakely and divinatory 🔮💭🐍

"the love of money is..."
Do you know if he covers this in his book, or where he gets his ideas about what Hebrew words mean? I was an ancient Near Eastern Studies Major and studied Biblical Hebrew for a couple of years, and never heard anything like this.I was, however, probably the worst Biblical Hebrew student in the history of the program, so make no claim to authority. ;)
no idea. it all comes quite intuitive to me.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

abijah wrote: March 25th, 2023, 2:16 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: March 21st, 2023, 6:33 pmabijah,

I've ordered a copy of the book.
the chapters are like 1 or 2 pages so it's tempting to just blaze through it, but they're also insanely dense so id recommend read one chapter at a time and ruminate on it for a bit.
In the interview, Pageau talks about what words from the original Hebrew mean. They are interpretations I've never heard before, such as his claim around the 4:00 minute mark that the word Eve uses to describe her beguilement means "lending on credit".
Genesis 3
And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

"beguiled", hebrew word "nasha" נָשָׁא Strong's 5377 ----> to deceive, to lead astray, to seduce

"nasha", נָשָׁא Strong's #5378 ----> to exact usury, to put into debt

the whole concept of "credit" is to game the ~cycle~ by taking a hypothetical future value and artificially materialising it into the present. very snakely and divinatory 🔮💭🐍

"the love of money is..."
Do you know if he covers this in his book, or where he gets his ideas about what Hebrew words mean? I was an ancient Near Eastern Studies Major and studied Biblical Hebrew for a couple of years, and never heard anything like this.I was, however, probably the worst Biblical Hebrew student in the history of the program, so make no claim to authority. ;)
no idea. it all comes quite intuitive to me.
Fascinating. I received my copy last night. It's a treasure. Looking forward to working through it slowly.