I can hear the drums of war.

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: I can hear the drums of war.

Post by nightlight »

War is inevitable.

"But China wouldn't do that!!!!! It's against their interest!!!!????"

"But Russia knows we'd leave them in the stone age!!!!"

"Men have changed!"

"""""''''''''''''''''''''''

The Prince of Persia doesn't care about "Persia"

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Post by SmallFarm »

Maybe it's wishful thinking and I can't lay it all out here how I came to this conclusion but I think they're just trying start a new cold war to fund a space race.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

The heathens living in the Middle East are not native

Hence: "are you 9/11 brown... or 7-Eleven brown?"

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

It blows my mind how folks defend Islam.

Their women are fing slaves....they will literally saw your head off for claiming Christ

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

nightlight wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 11:04 pm It blows my mind how folks defend Islam.

Their women are fing slaves....they will literally saw your head off for claiming Christ
I assume you meant Iran

I don’t think anyone has claimed, or believes, that Iran is some perfect country. But people support it against aggression on the principle of sovereignty and recognise that they are not the ones going around attacking other countries in order to bring “democracy”.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

"Michigan governor hands her state over to Chinese communists: Battery maker pledges in bylaws to ‘further objectives of Chinese Communist Party’

Corporate documents obtained by The Midwesterner reveal the Chinese company that the Michigan government is luring with $715 million in taxpayer-funded incentives is not only a business. It’s also pledged itself to become a key facilitator for the Chinese Communist Party in America.

Michigan Governor Gretchen Whitmer personally signed off on this deal, allowing a communist company to build lithium batteries for up to 200,000 electric vehicles a year on a 700-acre site near the city of Big Rapids in Mecosta County.

In July 2022, Gotion – the Chinese company purchasing 700 acres of property near Big Rapids, Michigan – posted a 94-page document entitled, “Articles of Association,” serving essentially as the company’s bylaws.

The document, found on Gotion’s website, explains the company’s governing structure with an emphasis on its allegiance to the “Constitution of the Communist Party of China,” adding that, “The Company shall set up a Party organization and carry out Party activities in accordance with the Constitution of the Communist Party of China.”

Chapter VI of the Articles of Association (page 47) establishes a “Party Committee.” The sole purpose of this committee is to ensure the company is adhering to Communist Party doctrine and furthering its objectives.

It states that all company policies must align with the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, with the exact wording as follows:
One by one, males of military age, being bussed right into the American interior, compliments of the Chinese Communist Party. How many sleeper cells are forming right now, waiting to be activated at a time of Xi Jinping’s choosing?

Illegal crossings of Chinese nationals into the U.S. via the southern border reached record levels, up more than 700 percent in the first quarter of fiscal year 2023, which began on October 1, 2022, according to government data.
It is all connected. When a student at Tufts University, I was seated across the table from a Chinese international student who had the nerve to inform me during that luncheon that China would not make the same mistake Japan made. I was of course surprised, but before I could respond, he stated that China intends to take over the U.S.A. economically. His education was being paid for by us, the taxpayers. ..
"
https://leohohmann.com/2023/03/24/michi ... more-13221
:arrow:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

larsenb wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 8:30 pm Simply imagine the chaos and disruption and desperation of the US population having been subject to a very successful nation-wide EMP. What do many of them do? Take what they can get from others via force or hunker down in extreme self-protection. Many of them will die just from the stress and effects of dealing with the EMP.

Now, given this kind of chaos, do you think an effective organized resistance against a Russian/Chinese (or either one singly) 'invasion' might be greatly diminished? I do. Even if our military has put in place measures to protect against or ameliorate the effects of a massive EMP strike effecting our defenses, much of the military will be too concerned about protecting their immediate families and friends to be able to stave off key points of invasion designed to further emasculate (already largely accomplished by the EMP) the country . . . not necessarily to fully occupy or invade it.
The EMP I get, and it would be very effective. It is more logical than some of the alternatives.

The logistics of invading America in vast numbers aren't really worth the payoff. There used to be a saying in the British Empire (which I misquote) that it was easy to get into Kabul but hard to stay there. I think the Soviet and NATO invasions of Afghanistan prove that.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Luke wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:55 am
nightlight wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 11:04 pm It blows my mind how folks defend Islam.

I assume you meant Iran

I don’t think anyone has claimed, or believes, that Iran is some perfect country. But people support it against aggression on the principle of sovereignty and recognise that they are not the ones going around attacking other countries in order to bring “democracy”.
I meant Islam (which includes Iran)

This heathen nation(s) is opportunistic.

They're like hyenas. If they had the capabilities, they'd take more active role. This is just simple fact of the world

Gen z (especially the British/American) are conditioned to see these canaanites(ish) as "oppressed people who were wrongly evicted from their native land".

It's silly

I understand that Israel is an iron fist on the middle east block....but that means nothing to me.
(David would make folks super emo they were suddenly transported BC)

People have this idea that because Jesus is a merciful and loving God, that He doesn't turn His back to those who remain in their heathen state. It's simply not based in reality

There's nowhere in the world I'd rather live less than among a nation of Islam. Where Christ the Lord is outlawed.

I understand not all people of Islam are bad....but when you allow your neighbor to enslave daughters of God, and to outlaw His Son...... I don't know what you'd expect. Man up. They're not fing monkeys with no sense of right or wrong. They are humans....man the f up

1948 was a biblical event. This State will eventually open the Gate and the Antichrist will sit a claim himself God..........but this doesn't change the fact that God set His hand in 1948. It doesn't change the fact that God uses the opposition to further His work (hence Satan in the Eden)

You may think "this isn't the real Israel of the bible"......but you simply don't understand the bible

It's like claiming that the US is will not result in Zion because we're super duper mean.

1948 paved the way for certain bloodlines to be present (remnant) during the True God's arrival

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

Sunain wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:28 pm I feel it's no longer a matter of if there will be a WW3 but a matter of when. Russia, China, NK and Iran are the new axis of evil, the prophesied army of Gog and Magog. With the amount of support Iran has given Russia for the Ukraine invasion, they will call in that debt at some point when they decide to attack Israel. China wants Taiwan as well. Biden is here in Canada today telling us to boost our defenses.
Sorry Sunian, but Gog and Magog are the US and Isreal. They are the imperialist aggressors destabilizing the World.

nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by nightlight »

Vision wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:08 am
Sunain wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 3:28 pm I feel it's no longer a matter of if there will be a WW3 but a matter of when. Russia, China, NK and Iran are the new axis of evil, the prophesied army of Gog and Magog. With the amount of support Iran has given Russia for the Ukraine invasion, they will call in that debt at some point when they decide to attack Israel. China wants Taiwan as well. Biden is here in Canada today telling us to boost our defenses.
Sorry Sunian, but Gog and Magog are the US and Isreal. They are the imperialist aggressors destabilizing the World.
Strange that Jesus comes back to those two nations before He comes in glory to the world

🤔

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Gog and Magog are all the nations of the earth who take up the sword against Israel and Jerusalem in the day of Armageddon. Their identities remain to be revealed when the battle alliances are made. We can assume, however, that the United States, as the defender of freedom in all the world, will head one coalition, and that Russia, whose avowed aim is to destroy freedom in all nations, will head the enemies of God. Bruce R. McConkie, The Millennial Messiah: The Second Coming of the Son of Man [Salt Lake City: Deseret Book Co., 1982

Vision
captain of 1,000

Post by Vision »

nightlight wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:15 am
Strange that Jesus comes back to those two nations before He comes in glory to the world

🤔
After they are cleansed.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I have been getting the feeling that China stabbed them in the back by aligning with Russia this week and they are in full on panic mode and desperate to distract the nation from it.

Just a feeling. No evidence beyond the same video you have probably all seen.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Niemand wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:55 am
larsenb wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 8:30 pm Simply imagine the chaos and disruption and desperation of the US population having been subject to a very successful nation-wide EMP. What do many of them do? Take what they can get from others via force or hunker down in extreme self-protection. Many of them will die just from the stress and effects of dealing with the EMP.

Now, given this kind of chaos, do you think an effective organized resistance against a Russian/Chinese (or either one singly) 'invasion' might be greatly diminished? I do. Even if our military has put in place measures to protect against or ameliorate the effects of a massive EMP strike effecting our defenses, much of the military will be too concerned about protecting their immediate families and friends to be able to stave off key points of invasion designed to further emasculate (already largely accomplished by the EMP) the country . . . not necessarily to fully occupy or invade it.
The EMP I get, and it would be very effective. It is more logical than some of the alternatives.

The logistics of invading America in vast numbers aren't really worth the payoff. There used to be a saying in the British Empire (which I misquote) that it was easy to get into Kabul but hard to stay there. I think the Soviet and NATO invasions of Afghanistan prove that.
You miss my point again. Full occupation is vastly different than occupying key strategic regions including military ones. if the EMP caused wide spread disruption of supply chains and stores of equipment/food, etc., most people would be too preoccupied with survival and even death to mount much resistance. And the military as well would be involved with protecting their own families, which could greatly interfere with carrying out military missions.

Now if there was in place an automatic retaliatory mechanism for an EMP strike, much like MAD, the Russian's/Chinese could be given a lot to think about before launching an EMP strike against us. I wonder if any such plan is fully operational?

OCDMOM
captain of 1,000

Post by OCDMOM »

https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ing-system.
The U K launches emergency phone alerts public warning system.

UK launches emergency phone alerts public warning system
Alerts with siren-like beeps can be sent during events such as severe flooding, fires or extreme weather

Nicola Davis
@NicolaKSDavis
Sun 19 Mar 2023 07.44 EDT
A new government public warning system, in which alerts are sent to mobile phone users about events that may put their life in danger, has been launched in the UK with a nationwide trial planned next month.

The Cabinet Office said the emergency alert system could be deployed in events such as severe flooding, fires or extreme weather, noting that similar systems had been credited with saving lives in countries including the Netherlands and Japan.

The chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster, Oliver Dowden MP, said: “We are strengthening our national resilience with a new emergency alerts system, to deal with a wide range of threats – from flooding to wild fires. It will revolutionise our ability to warn and inform people who are in immediate danger, and help us keep people safe. As we’ve seen in the US and elsewhere, the buzz of a phone can save a life.”

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

sorry again BS. he (Magog) hails from the land of Gog in middle east. I would suggest reading the ancient literature and not some modern times Internet guru.

PressingForward
captain of 100

Post by PressingForward »

OCDMOM wrote: March 24th, 2023, 12:25 pm https://www.theguardian.com/society/202 ... ing-system.
The U K launches emergency phone alerts public warning system.

UK launches emergency phone alerts public warning system
Alerts with siren-like beeps can be sent during events such as severe flooding, fires or extreme weather

Nicola Davis
@NicolaKSDavis
Sun 19 Mar 2023 07.44 EDT
A new government public warning system, in which alerts are sent to mobile phone users about events that may put their life in danger, has been launched in the UK with a nationwide trial planned next month.

The Cabinet Office said the emergency alert system could be deployed in events such as severe flooding, fires or extreme weather, noting that similar systems had been credited with saving lives in countries including the Netherlands and Japan.

The chancellor of the duchy of Lancaster, Oliver Dowden MP, said: “We are strengthening our national resilience with a new emergency alerts system, to deal with a wide range of threats – from flooding to wild fires. It will revolutionise our ability to warn and inform people who are in immediate danger, and help us keep people safe. As we’ve seen in the US and elsewhere, the buzz of a phone can save a life.”
Ya, we’ve had one for years, so they can send messages like this…….but I lived thru it….😁
6EF8D416-0521-43A3-B16B-CFCE7FC66D71.jpeg
6EF8D416-0521-43A3-B16B-CFCE7FC66D71.jpeg (459.31 KiB) Viewed 107 times

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

TheDuke wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:12 pm
FrankOne wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 7:42 pm
Niemand wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 7:31 pm

The number of cargo container ships needed is VAST. More than are available. The Russians certainly do not have any such thing. The Chinese are a better bet but would also struggle. It takes many days to cross the Pacific. Those troops have to be provisioned both during the voyage and on arrival. That could be a problem.

It would be the modern equivalent of Hannibal crossing the Alps with his elephants. If it succeeded then it would be spectacular but not necessarily successful. Hannibal's attempt ended in failure. This is old style warfare. Why use humans when machines and other means are available?

The Bible talks of an invasion of Israel and armies crossing the Euphrates dryshod. The Euphrates has been drying up tnanks to Turkey. I find thst scenario more likely than an invasion of North America.
as i edited in later...

125,000 transport vessels come up when searching cargo container ships of China. Millions of men could easily arrive in one tranche.

You mention "available". If the U.S. is in anarchy, how many of those cargo vessels will be sitting? maybe 50-70% of them? What if the invasion is planned, how many would be 'available' ? All of them.
sure they will just cram soldiers in containers and ship them over, then live off the land, you know, taking food from our plentiful rice paddies?

i'm not sure what is so absurd about 50,000 ships full of soldiers and 50,000 ships full of supplies. They run these ships everyday full of stuff that comes to the U.S. and other places. If the Chinese wanted to, they could easily outfit an army and ship them here.

Cram them into containers? eat off the rice paddies? huh? Putting just 1,000 men on 50,000 ships would bring 50 million soldiers.(if they have that many) Many container ships hold over 20,000 boxes. 1 guy in a box on a cushion with a bucket to crap in , some lime, and good food and he's good to go. (with an air hole). These ships could easily put a 1000 boxes on each with just enough room so the guys could even get out and walk around!

They are experts at filling containers with everything and expediting it. They do it everyday.

why the fallacious argument and sarcasm?

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

FrankOne wrote: March 24th, 2023, 2:24 pm
TheDuke wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 9:12 pm
FrankOne wrote: March 23rd, 2023, 7:42 pm

as i edited in later...

125,000 transport vessels come up when searching cargo container ships of China. Millions of men could easily arrive in one tranche.

You mention "available". If the U.S. is in anarchy, how many of those cargo vessels will be sitting? maybe 50-70% of them? What if the invasion is planned, how many would be 'available' ? All of them.
sure they will just cram soldiers in containers and ship them over, then live off the land, you know, taking food from our plentiful rice paddies?

i'm not sure what is so absurd about 50,000 ships full of soldiers and 50,000 ships full of supplies. They run these ships everyday full of stuff that comes to the U.S. and other places. If the Chinese wanted to, they could easily outfit an army and ship them here.

Cram them into containers? eat off the rice paddies? huh? Putting just 1,000 men on 50,000 ships would bring 50 million soldiers.(if they have that many) Many container ships hold over 20,000 boxes. 1 guy in a box on a cushion with a bucket to crap in , some lime, and good food and he's good to go. (with an air hole). These ships could easily put a 1000 boxes on each with just enough room so the guys could even get out and walk around!

They are experts at filling containers with everything and expediting it. They do it everyday.

why the fallacious argument and sarcasm?
It just doesn't work that way my friend. It just doesn't. I've been deployed. It took many ships and thousands of containers worth of supplies to support a couple dozen fighter aircraft and crews for 3 weeks. Just look at the Ukraine, right next door and logistics is an issue. You don't put guys with guns in containers. Well, maybe 15 in total. but not a war. And when the first ones landed, the others would be sunk. Those container ships are top heavy, have you seen them? Have you seen what it takes to get access to all but the top row of containers? That is where I live, large ports: Seattle, Portland, Vancouver BC. It takes union folks and US/municipal cranes to unload them. They are stacked like crackers. Sealed tight. I could go on and on, but why? If you want to believe something then facts and realities will not get into the way. If they come in their containers, we'll beat them back with our horses and bikes. We have millions of horses to ride and bikes to get there. Just as useful in war as containers for people.

We had many more ships and only 40 miles to go in D-Day and it a major challenge.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I have no idea how but I do know that we are going to be swept off this land, with the exception of the city of Zion. I'm not saying it will be wrong to fight back against aggressors but I do know that, like the Nephites of old, we will lose. We have forgotten that this is a promised land and that it comes with terms, terms that are set by the Saviour. We've become builders of malls, gay choirs at our temple sites... We Gentiles have rejected the fulness of the Gospel and will now be tested via adversity.

Mike

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

MikeMaillet wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:38 pm I have no idea how but I do know that we are going to be swept off this land, with the exception of the city of Zion. I'm not saying it will be wrong to fight back against aggressors but I do know that, like the Nephites of old, we will lose. We have forgotten that this is a promised land and that it comes with terms, terms that are set by the Saviour. We've become builders of malls, gay choirs at our temple sites... We Gentiles have rejected the fulness of the Gospel and will now be tested via adversity.

Mike
I agree the land will be cleansed, but I disagree that we are going to be swept off this land with the exception of the City of Zion.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Original_Intent wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:41 pm
MikeMaillet wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:38 pm I have no idea how but I do know that we are going to be swept off this land, with the exception of the city of Zion. I'm not saying it will be wrong to fight back against aggressors but I do know that, like the Nephites of old, we will lose. We have forgotten that this is a promised land and that it comes with terms, terms that are set by the Saviour. We've become builders of malls, gay choirs at our temple sites... We Gentiles have rejected the fulness of the Gospel and will now be tested via adversity.

Mike
I agree the land will be cleansed, but I disagree that we are going to be swept off this land with the exception of the City of Zion.
Just curious, whom will be the ones that are not swept off other than Zion?

Thanks,

Mike

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

MikeMaillet wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:43 pm

Mike

Thanks,

Mike
I think that there is at least a CHANCE that many will be humbled and realize what bad actors we have been in many cases, and be spared.

I don't know this will happen, but I believe there is a chance. They wouldn't be Zion, but they may repent to the point of not being swept off.

So I believe Zion and a repentant remnant is a possibility.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Original_Intent wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:48 pm
MikeMaillet wrote: March 24th, 2023, 3:43 pm

Thanks,

Mike
I think that there is at least a CHANCE that many will be humbled and realize what bad actors we have been in many cases, and be spared.

I don't know this will happen, but I believe there is a chance. They wouldn't be Zion, but they may repent to the point of not being swept off.

So I believe Zion and a repentant remnant is a possibility.
I think you are correct.

Mike

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Well, war is effective for certain goals. (Not always victory/vanquishment).

Basically the octogenarians of the cabal will need to play a hand in some form that will drive most of the citizens in droves toward their proffered solution.

Then once there is a separation, their successors can conduct the mopping up operations removing the opposition and killing off the freedom fighters.

That series of movies basically showcased it, progressive liberals in the cities under the spell of the leaders, the outlying areas under military subjugation, existing to plow the fields, and milk the cows.

Mocking Jay…?? The girl good with the bow…??

My point being, some kind of well timed collapse will occur that will disorientate nearly everyone (even the elect). And since the citizens won’t be prepared to be self reliant, and be reeling from the loss of their lifetime savings, retirement funds, and any kind of market to liquidate fancy cars, second homes or even entice quality household goods, they will be of a mindset to be herded into the train cars and off to the camps.

Toughen up buttercup. Unless you read the Book of Mormon, with an inquirring mind, seeking to understand how circumstances in our day will affect us and our families, and have the attitude to be able to go against the grain of the Pooh-pooh’ers, we are gonna be on the beaten down sheep side of the equation.

Just ask yourself: do you want to be a sheepdog, a lion, or a sheeple… and prepare accordingly.