A domino just fell - the second biggest bank failure in U.S. history happened in the last 48 hours

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
tmac
captain of 1,000

Re: A domino just fell - the second biggest bank failure in U.S. history happened in the last 48 hours

Post by tmac »

End of the “Everything Bubble”?

Realistic assessment?

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/t ... s-148ebd83

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: A domino just fell - the second biggest bank failure in U.S. history happened in the last 48 hours

Post by Original_Intent »

tmac wrote: March 20th, 2023, 10:13 am End of the “Everything Bubble”?

Realistic assessment?

In simplest terms, the Fed is stuck between a rock and a hard place that they painted themselves into.
They can remain hawkish, "fight inflation" and kill the banking system.
They can return to QE and "save the banking system" and destroy the dollar. <---most likely choice in my opinion as it provides a clear path to CBDC as the solution to the problem they manufactured.
I suppose they could do a long-term pause which would likely result in most small and medium banks going under and also a longer, slower death to the dollar. Another strong contender as it would centralize banking into a few giants such as JP Morgan, but I think they want CBDC on the fast track and pausing (little to no QE or QT) might give the dollar longer life than preferred.

Of course, so much depends on other global developments. BRICS coming out with a true, gold-backed currency for international trade would be the end of the dollar no matter what the Fed does. And almost certainly would mean full-scale WW3.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Cover stories. Which, in order to work, need to contain some elements of truth. But the stories are limited hangouts.

When a bank like Credit Suisse melts down, you know the real intent is crafting a demand and a reason for systemic change: “We’re coming to the end of the road of the current money system…”

More bullcrap will follow: “You see, large segments of the global population were underserved by the disparate distribution of resources…lack of inclusion…an overbalance of debtor nations…”

Emerging from that pile of manure, either this time, or the next time a crisis is artificially invoked: “We must move to a digital global economy now.”

Why? Why is that better than the fake sky-blue invention of money we have?

Answer: “Because we say so. That’s the non-logic.”

And because every unit of new shiny digital money is trackable, wherever it goes, and every person who receives and spends that unit is trackable, and this is the extension of the Surveillance State.

This is your spending quota and this is your energy quota and if you deviate, your access to the system and the money will be shut off. Behave. Social credit score. You know the drill.

Everybody gets free money UNDER THIS SYSTEM.

If Credit Suisse can be brought down with a single stroke, so can any bank, including the Federal Reserve.

Ultimately, no major bank is actually brought down unless the financial showrunners want it to fail and refuse to bail it out with invented money.

Financial reporters don’t want to touch any of this
. If they do, their paychecks will stop. They would MUCH rather see the whole world tied to a slave digital money apparatus than miss those paychecks. That’s how they work with money issues: the car, the house payments, the kids’ college tuition, the vacations, the occasional plastic surgery, the on-air liberal or conservative bloviations.

Plus their market predictions, about which they develop professional amnesia, when they chronically fail.

Credit Suisse? Ho hum, interesting, it crashed, and now let’s look at the Dow. Right after this break. We’re brought to you by Pfizer, life in a needle, until you collapse, like a bank.

-- Jon Rappoport

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

Original_Intent wrote: March 20th, 2023, 11:44 am

Realistic assessment?

In simplest terms, the Fed is stuck between a rock and a hard place that they painted themselves into.
They can return to QE and "save the banking system" and destroy the dollar. <---most likely choice in my opinion as it provides a clear path to CBDC as the solution to the problem they manufactured.
I suppose they could do a long-term pause which would likely result in most small and medium banks going under and also a longer, slower death to the dollar. Another strong contender as it would centralize banking into a few giants such as JP Morgan, but I think they want CBDC on the fast track and pausing (little to no QE or QT) might give the dollar longer life than preferred.

Of course, so much depends on other global developments. BRICS coming out with a true, gold-backed currency for international trade would be the end of the dollar no matter what the Fed does. And almost certainly would mean full-scale WW3.
Or the USA could go all to exploit our traditional domestic energy resources which could obliterate our competition on the world stage and tremendouly reduce inflation at the same time. Biden and the Dems are blocking us from success.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

My opinion....

If they can get enough people to pull money from the banks, they can then change the monetary system.

1) collapse smaller banking systems in order to get the masses to panic.

2.) Have politicians (Trump) tell people to pull money from the banks in protest if he is arrested.

3.) ... fill in the blanks....

They are whittling away any solvency that remains. They will then swoop in and be the financial heroes, offering us central banking for our own good.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

madvin wrote: March 21st, 2023, 11:21 am Cover stories. Which, in order to work, need to contain some elements of truth. But the stories are limited hangouts.

When a bank like Credit Suisse melts down, you know the real intent is crafting a demand and a reason for systemic change: “We’re coming to the end of the road of the current money system…”

More bullcrap will follow: “You see, large segments of the global population were underserved by the disparate distribution of resources…lack of inclusion…an overbalance of debtor nations…”

Emerging from that pile of manure, either this time, or the next time a crisis is artificially invoked: “We must move to a digital global economy now.”

Why? Why is that better than the fake sky-blue invention of money we have?

Answer: “Because we say so. That’s the non-logic.”

And because every unit of new shiny digital money is trackable, wherever it goes, and every person who receives and spends that unit is trackable, and this is the extension of the Surveillance State.

This is your spending quota and this is your energy quota and if you deviate, your access to the system and the money will be shut off. Behave. Social credit score. You know the drill.

Everybody gets free money UNDER THIS SYSTEM.

If Credit Suisse can be brought down with a single stroke, so can any bank, including the Federal Reserve.

Ultimately, no major bank is actually brought down unless the financial showrunners want it to fail and refuse to bail it out with invented money.

Financial reporters don’t want to touch any of this
. If they do, their paychecks will stop. They would MUCH rather see the whole world tied to a slave digital money apparatus than miss those paychecks. That’s how they work with money issues: the car, the house payments, the kids’ college tuition, the vacations, the occasional plastic surgery, the on-air liberal or conservative bloviations.

Plus their market predictions, about which they develop professional amnesia, when they chronically fail.

Credit Suisse? Ho hum, interesting, it crashed, and now let’s look at the Dow. Right after this break. We’re brought to you by Pfizer, life in a needle, until you collapse, like a bank.

-- Jon Rappoport
Minor quibble.

But major point.

The Central Banks are not Banks.

They are magic play money machines.

They convert the real.

Into the unreal.

Sir H

harakim
captain of 1,000

Post by harakim »

Original_Intent wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:48 am
harakim wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:31 am
Original_Intent wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:18 am I'm also hearing rumbles that many of the bailed out depositors at SVB were BIG Democratic Party donors.
Those funds were uninsured. End of story.
They say it isn't a bailout and claim taxpayers aren't paying a dime. Two lies in one sentence,
We should be demanding a clawback of those bailouts. Will never happen, but the demand should still be made.
I don't think there is a point. This goose is cooked. Unless we can finish building an alternate economy before the mark is introduced, it's going to be a rough time.
I don't know how we even start building an alternate economy - I agree we need to, but how to actually implement it and get people to buy in and also walk away from the dumpster fire...any actionable ideas?
Start by producing something that people want. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

farmerchick
captain of 1,000

Post by farmerchick »

Vision wrote: March 18th, 2023, 10:24 am
Original_Intent wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:48 am
harakim wrote: March 18th, 2023, 9:31 am

I don't think there is a point. This goose is cooked. Unless we can finish building an alternate economy before the mark is introduced, it's going to be a rough time.
I don't know how we even start building an alternate economy - I agree we need to, but how to actually implement it and get people to buy in and also walk away from the dumpster fire...any actionable ideas?
It's already in place. Human ingenuity will respond at warp speed. Just look at the elicit drug market as an example with it's distribution networks.
Yep....as soon as it is necessary it will just appear....although it will be outlawed and everyone participating in it will probably be deemed a criminal.....while the actual drug dealers will be decriminalized....but ya... we can learn alot from the cartel structures in place in every county in America.....

Christianlee
captain of 1,000

Post by Christianlee »

I just received a letter from a credit card company cutting my credit line in half. I haven’t been using their credit card enough. No big deal since I didn’t need the high credit line. Credit is being tightened.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

1A9BD18A-0A34-4DE3-8EDB-D4F55DB1616A.jpeg
1A9BD18A-0A34-4DE3-8EDB-D4F55DB1616A.jpeg (821.34 KiB) Viewed 117 times

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Yellen just called an emergency meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/yelle ... s-explodes
Bloomberg just reported that Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen - who was singlehandedly responsible for stoking and restarting the bank crisis on Wednesday which until that day was easing back, with her comments that nobody in charge was even talking about a uniform deposit insurance, let alone working on one - will convene the heads of top US financial regulators Friday morning for a previously unscheduled meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

I've always like Rafi, he is a dyed in the wool Ron Paul supporter and Austrian economist.
Want to hear something hilariously ridiculously ludicrous? Get this. The Chair(man) of the Fed(eral Reserve) actually said that Silicon Valley Bank was an irresponsible "outlier" because - get this - it bought too many US Treasuries! This, coming from the head of an institution that owns $5,328,000,000,000 of US Treasuries. -Rafi Farber

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Original_Intent wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:45 am Yellen just called an emergency meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
Bloomberg just reported that Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen - who was singlehandedly responsible for stoking and restarting the bank crisis on Wednesday which until that day was easing back, with her comments that nobody in charge was even talking about a uniform deposit insurance, let alone working on one - will convene the heads of top US financial regulators Friday morning for a previously unscheduled meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
In case you’re wondering who will be there:

The Council’s voting members are:

The Secretary of the Treasury who serves as the Chairperson of the Council;
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
The Comptroller of the Currency (OCC);
The Director of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (CFPB);
The Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC);
The Chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC);
The Chairperson of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC);
The Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA);
The Chairman of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA); and
An independent member with insurance expertise who is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for a six-year term.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 24th, 2023, 11:53 am
Original_Intent wrote: March 24th, 2023, 10:45 am Yellen just called an emergency meeting of the Financial Stability Oversight Council.
In case you’re wondering who will be there:

The Council’s voting members are:

The Secretary of the Treasury who serves as the Chairperson of the Council;
The Chairman of the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System;
The Comptroller of the Currency (OCC);
The Director of the Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection (CFPB);
The Chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC);
The Chairperson of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC);
The Chairperson of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC);
The Director of the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA);
The Chairman of the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA); and
An independent member with insurance expertise who is appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate for a six-year term.
Wolves sitting down with some sheep.

To decide which bank is for dinner.

Hilarious.

Remember what committees are for.

If you don't know what they are going to decide.

It's because you aren't a Wolf.

Sir H

Seed Starter
captain of 1,000

Post by Seed Starter »

Lizzy60 wrote: March 12th, 2023, 5:08 pm I think this was posted earlier, but I found the original on reddit and am re-posting it here.

“Following a run on deposits, Silicon Valley Bank was closed by regulators today. Ensign Peak more than doubled its position in SIVB (Silicon Valley Bank) in Q4 2022, to an ownership stake of 0.7%, becoming the 38th largest shareholder.”

I believe the amount invested in SIVB was around 100 million. That is now $0.00.
Shareholders will get nothing from this action by the Fed to give depositors their full deposits.
So the latest 13F for EPA was just filed and it shows they owned 0 stock as of 3/31/2023:
https://fintel.io/so/us/sivb/ensign-peak-advisors-inc

Is there any way to tell if they owned the stock when SVB tanked? Did they get some warning a few days before and sell? They've owned SVB since at least 2020 and doubled down in Q4 2022.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Realistic assessment?

Fed is right where they want to be...and certainly not stuck...

Remember that they recommended the investment strategy to the banks that is currently sinking them...they (the Fed) weren't born yesterday. This is about cutting out the banking system middlemen...setting the stage for the new CBDC they are launching in July....and they changed the law last year allowing them to go direct to the consumer bypassing all the middle banks....more efficient, more power & control, and the social credit system trialed in China is proving to be effective.

I've heard rumors Zion's is really struggling...and some recent personal experiences justifying the rumors...

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Jason wrote: May 15th, 2023, 8:34 pm

Realistic assessment?

Fed is right where they want to be...and certainly not stuck...

Remember that they recommended the investment strategy to the banks that is currently sinking them...they (the Fed) weren't born yesterday. This is about cutting out the banking system middlemen...setting the stage for the new CBDC they are launching in July....and they changed the law last year allowing them to go direct to the consumer bypassing all the middle banks....more efficient, more power & control, and the social credit system trialed in China is proving to be effective.

I've heard rumors Zion's is really struggling...and some recent personal experiences justifying the rumors...
Of course you are right, I hate that I fell into the same trap that YouTube influencers do when they refer to the Fed as "idiotic".

I know better, they just want us to think they are idiots so we don't hang the lot of them.