"The Sealed Book of Mormon" was published yesterday.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "The Sealed Book of Mormon" was published yesterday.

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

cab wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:48 am Yep we are on much more sure footing by following our leaders and not searching too deep for a greater potion than what's already available. I mean, we have enough until the prophet says we need more. Definitely far-fetched to think miracles like that could happen today. After all, God has done his work of the restoration already and given his power to the church. It's best to stay safely on the boat where all is well and carnally secure.
This is so fascinating to see how perspectives have changed since the plandemic. :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

jsk wrote: March 28th, 2019, 12:19 pm Feel free to discuss it...it's a free country...at least for now. LOL

For myself, I have NO DOUBT that something this monumental meant for the whole Church and, in fact, the whole world, would be revealed through the President of the Church, and not some random excommunicated dude. That whole stewardship thing...

And you can quote scripture about "A bible....a bible....we have already got a bible and need no more bible" as much as you like, but I maintain you are missing the point. No doubt there will be much additional scripture revealed. But...again...it will be revealed through the President of the Church. Again...the whole stewardship thing. I really fail to see how believing Latter Day Saints can think otherwise. But if you believe the Church has lost it's authority, then I guess it makes sense why you feel compelled to chase after every false prophet, charlatan or mentally ill person that claims special revelation to the world. Feel free to chase the stray cats...there are worse ways to spend one's time I suppose.

I can quote scripture too...

"Surely the Lord God will do nothing but he revealeth his secrets unto his servants the PROPHETS" (emphasis mine). Amos 3:7

Again...if we are believing Latter Day Saints, then we know such a thing as new scripture would only be revealed through the established hierarchy of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. But if you don't believe in the authority of the Church, then it's all a moot point. And discussing it is one thing...but those discussing it seem to think this is a real viable possibility instead of the obvious sham that it is. That's what I find amazing.
jsk, I have no idea if you are still on the forum, but in order for us to truly understand Amos 3:7, we must understand the fruits of a prophet, not men who have taken unto themselves such titles.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Alaris wrote: March 30th, 2019, 5:16 pm
Elguapo4538 wrote: March 30th, 2019, 4:23 pm Without reading it or praying about it, it is curious that they expend so much energy defending themselves on their web page. Why not speak the truth and dam the rest?
Do they spend much effort attacking the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?
Guilty as charged. :)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

simpleton wrote: March 30th, 2019, 7:39 pm Fake fake fake as also is the minitahhahaha...

The BofM is the only portion us Gentiles will receive period until we learn to live its principles, fully. Which I think ultimately is the law of Consecration. But as we can see we have digressed a plenty since the days of Joseph and Brigham. So I don't see any " sealed portion " coming anytime soon.
Kind of interesting to see people’s reactions to the Nemenhah Record a few years back. The “doctrine of Christ” is reiterated in the “Mentinah” more often than the BoM.

John Tavner
captain of 1,000

Post by John Tavner »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 17th, 2023, 6:05 am
cab wrote: March 28th, 2019, 8:48 am Yep we are on much more sure footing by following our leaders and not searching too deep for a greater potion than what's already available. I mean, we have enough until the prophet says we need more. Definitely far-fetched to think miracles like that could happen today. After all, God has done his work of the restoration already and given his power to the church. It's best to stay safely on the boat where all is well and carnally secure.
This is so fascinating to see how perspectives have changed since the plandemic. :)
I'm 99.9% sure he was being facetious with this... but maybe you knew that.. just clarifying for Cab's sake.

I only say that because for a while Stahura, Cab, Hosh, and myself were almost always speaking on the same threads with the same intent.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

cab wrote: March 30th, 2019, 12:03 pm Luxury! Yes! That was the word I was looking for! Just like the Israelites had the luxury of Moses to tell them everything he wanted them to hear, we have 15 Moseses! When the Lord is ready to bless us with the sealed portion, the 15 will come down from their mountain and tell us all about it... I was just reading Ether chapter 4, and yeah, that's totally how it's gonna happen.
Ok… now I get the sentiment behind your words. You were just a heretical back then… :)

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 17th, 2023, 7:07 am
simpleton wrote: March 30th, 2019, 7:39 pm Fake fake fake as also is the minitahhahaha...

The BofM is the only portion us Gentiles will receive period until we learn to live its principles, fully. Which I think ultimately is the law of Consecration. But as we can see we have digressed a plenty since the days of Joseph and Brigham. So I don't see any " sealed portion " coming anytime soon.
Kind of interesting to see people’s reactions to the Nemenhah Record a few years back. The “doctrine of Christ” is reiterated in the “Mentinah” more often than the BoM.
My opinion, but when you have the BofM to copy cat from, it is somewhat easier.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

simpleton wrote: March 17th, 2023, 8:12 am My opinion, but when you have the BofM to copy cat from, it is somewhat easier.
Oh, it goes far beyond "copy cat". It's akin to the comparison between the Bible and the BoM. The BoM brought forth clarity and a beautiful perspective on doctrine. The Nemenhah Record does this for the BoM.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Why on earth would God give us the sealed portion when we have not taken the unsealed portion seriously?

Mike

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Chip wrote: March 27th, 2019, 6:23 pm Okay. I ordered one. Only $5.38, delivered, on Amazon Prime. No big expectations, but I'll check it out. I don't think the people behind it are making squat, at that price.
Its squat, but the long term business model is tithing, people (who are easily duped) into freely giving their money to perhaps seeing the gold plates, or for getting blessings from the new prophet. Kinda like getting temple blessings that you have to pay for (tithing buys a recommend)

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

MikeMaillet wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:04 pm Why on earth would God give us the sealed portion when we have not taken the unsealed portion seriously?

Mike
I have no idea... but, what your premise suggests is that "we" constitutes everybody. I know that the church in general may have not taken the unsealed portion seriously, but there are many who have. I also don't expect the Lord to give this record to the church anyway. Nor will it be through these men who've taken upon themselves various titles of PSR.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: March 17th, 2023, 2:56 pm
MikeMaillet wrote: March 17th, 2023, 1:04 pm Why on earth would God give us the sealed portion when we have not taken the unsealed portion seriously?

Mike
I have no idea... but, what your premise suggests is that "we" constitutes everybody. I know that the church in general may have not taken the unsealed portion seriously, but there are many who have. I also don't expect the Lord to give this record to the church anyway. Nor will it be through these men who've taken upon themselves various titles of PSR.
I meant that we LDS, as a people, have not take the book seriously. In my many years at church the BOM was no more than another Bible, another Testament of Christ. Although the BOM is indeed another testament of Christ, it is much more than that; it is the covenant that will open the gates to Zion.

It's funny but I used to be one of those that dreaded reading 2 Nephi because of all that Isaiah stuff, and now ... 🙂

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I’m almost half way through the PDF version… and I gotta say, I’m honestly struggling to make sense of what is written. It’s like someone took existing scripture and reworded it, and added the word “priesthood” throughout. What was the point of a “sealed” portion if it was simply to talk about how important the book is, yet present almost no significant doctrine? That’s almost what the entire book of Moroni did, was to talk about why the sealed portion was written… don’t tell me about the book, just teach me.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

I AM wrote: March 31st, 2019, 12:04 pm The Davidic servant will be the one who brings forth the words of Christ
(sealed portion)to the Gentiles.

A choice seer among Joseph's descendants - the prophet Joseph Smith -
would bring forth the word of God to them out of the dust.

2 Nephi 3

6 For Joseph truly testified, saying: A seer shall the Lord my God raise up, who shall be a choice seer unto the fruit of my loins.

7 Yea, Joseph truly said: Thus saith the Lord unto me: A choice seer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and he shall be esteemed highly among the fruit of thy loins. And unto him will I give commandment that he shall do a work for the fruit of thy loins, his brethren, which shall be of great worth unto them, even to the bringing of them to the knowledge of the covenants which I have made with thy fathers.

8 And I will give unto him a commandment that he shall do none other work, save the work which I shall command him. And I will make him great in mine eyes; for he shall do my work.

9 And he shall be great like unto Moses, whom I have said I would raise up unto you, to deliver my people, O house of Israel.

10 And Moses will I raise up, to deliver thy people out of the land of Egypt.

11 But a seer will I raise up out of the fruit of thy loins; and unto him will I give power to bring forth my word unto the seed of thy loins—and not to the bringing forth my word only, saith the Lord, but to the convincing them of my word, which shall have already gone forth among them.

13 And out of weakness he shall be made strong, in that day when my work shall commence among all my people, unto the restoring thee, O house of Israel, saith the Lord.

14 And thus prophesied Joseph, saying: Behold, that seer will the Lord bless; and they that seek to destroy him shall be confounded; for this promise, which I have obtained of the Lord, of the fruit of my loins, shall be fulfilled. Behold, I am sure of the fulfilling of this promise;

15 And his name shall be called after me; and it shall be after the name of his father. And he shall be like unto me; for the thing, which the Lord shall bring forth by his hand, by the power of the Lord shall bring my people unto salvation.

16 Yea, thus prophesied Joseph: I am sure of this thing, even as I am sure of the promise of Moses; for the Lord hath said unto me, I will preserve thy seed forever.

The Lord thus prepared the way for bringing together His covenant people
and their records in the latter-days, beginning with the prophet Joseph Smith.

Among the Gentiles come forth ancient records- the Book of Mormon
and "other books."
The Gentiles carry these books to the House of Israel in order to persuade them to believe in Christ. (1 Nephi 13:39-40; 2 Nephi 25:15-18)

At the center of this latter-day work of grafting, and it's involvement in the bring forth of ancient records, is the Lord's servant.
All the olive tree allegories assign to the Lord's servant the task of
reuniting Israel.
That task, therefore, places the servant's mission initially among the Gentiles
(compare Isaiah 42:1-6; 49:1-8) as restoring Israel is a role which the Gentiles perform.

The servant brings forth the words of Christ to the Gentiles
(3 Nephi 21:10-11
in other words, he reveals ancient records.

The Gentiles receive the first opportunity to accept or reject those records.
The servant additionally gathers Israel and Judah, and allocates their lands
of inheritance. (Isaiah 11:10-12; 49:8, 19-21).
In that work, the Gentiles assist him. (Isaiah 49:22;
compare 1 Nephi 22:4-12).

These responsibilities place a heavy burden on the Gentiles.
First, the Gentiles must demonstrate exceeding faith and righteousness.
In order to merit the coming forth of additional records, they must keep all
Jesus' commandments (D&C 93:18-20).
When the Gentiles exercise faith even as the brother of Jared, becoming clean and sanctified through Christ, then will the sealed portion of the
Book of Mormon come forth to them (Ether 4:5-7, 13).
The convincing power of ancient scriptural records makes their coming forth necessary.

Second,to convey the substance of these records to the Jews and Lehi's descendants, the Gentiles must themselves know and understand them.

So great is this challenge, in fact, that many Gentiles will not accept it.
Instead, they will reject the words of Christ, and be "cut off" as
bitter branches, from His people (3 Nephi 21:11
I haven't changed my perspective.

this was my post 4 years ago, when I was I AM in the forum

cab
captain of 1,000
Location: ♫ I am a Mormon! ♫ And... dang it... a Mormon just believes! ♫

Post by cab »

Having awoken to these things a few years prior to that, I’m just grateful that the plandemic has opened eyes…. Oddly enough the vaccine and mask thing doesn’t even get me all hot and bothered like most people… haha