EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Re: EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

Post by Bronco73idi »

Generic User wrote: March 11th, 2023, 8:38 pm
Sunain wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:30 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 am Cool! That doesn't change the meaning of the scripture though. It still doesn't mention when the scrolls are opened. :)
Yes it does. That is what our church teaches and that links up directly with other scriptures and the teachings of Joseph Smith. 6 of the 7 seals are opened. The 7th seal is really the only one we don't know yet for sure.

The 7th probably opened at the Hosanna shout during the dedication of the Palmyra temple on April 6th, 2000.
Little problem. Joseph Smith in the TPJS taught that John's entire vision was in the future to John's day. Including the seals opening. John Taylor (iirc) also said that they intended to try and fulfill the prerequisites to open the first seal as none had been opened since John's vision. The seals contain the works of the thousand years, the opening of the seals is a series of events that were future tense to John. Can't have the whole vision in the future and 4/7 already open at the time the vision is received.
Jospeh taught Adam is our father who art in heaven and was given dominion of the world by Elohim.

“instructing them in the principles and order of the Priesthood, attending to washings, anointings, endowments and the communication of Keys pertaining to the Aaronic Priesthood, and so on to the highest order of Melchisedec Priesthood, setting forth the order pertaining to the ancient of Days, and all those plans and principles, by which any one is enabled to secure the fulness of those blessings, which have been prepared for the Church of the first born, and come up and abide in the presence of the Eloheim in the Eternal worlds.“

He said this in his journal on the 4th of may 1842.

So can you please show me the words Jospeh use to teach what you claim?

Generic User
captain of 10

Post by Generic User »

Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:10 am
Sunain wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:30 am
Yes it does. That is what our church teaches and that links up directly with other scriptures and the teachings of Joseph Smith. 6 of the 7 seals are opened. The 7th seal is really the only one we don't know yet for sure.

The 7th probably opened at the Hosanna shout during the dedication of the Palmyra temple on April 6th, 2000.
Little problem. Joseph Smith in the TPJS taught that John's entire vision was in the future to John's day. Including the seals opening. John Taylor (iirc) also said that they intended to try and fulfill the prerequisites to open the first seal as none had been opened since John's vision. The seals contain the works of the thousand years, the opening of the seals is a series of events that were future tense to John. Can't have the whole vision in the future and 4/7 already open at the time the vision is received.
Jospeh taught Adam is our father who art in heaven and was given dominion of the world by Elohim.

“instructing them in the principles and order of the Priesthood, attending to washings, anointings, endowments and the communication of Keys pertaining to the Aaronic Priesthood, and so on to the highest order of Melchisedec Priesthood, setting forth the order pertaining to the ancient of Days, and all those plans and principles, by which any one is enabled to secure the fulness of those blessings, which have been prepared for the Church of the first born, and come up and abide in the presence of the Eloheim in the Eternal worlds.“

Did you respond to the wrong person? Your quote has nothing to do with mine so I'm a little confused. But here's the quote regardless.

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
John's Vision of Futurity
Section Six 1843-44, p.289
There is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the ancient prophets, and those spoken of in the revelations of John. The things which John saw had no allusion to the scenes of the days of Adam, Enoch, Abraham or Jesus, only so far as is plainly represented by John, and clearly set forth by him. John saw that only which was lying in futurity and which was shortly subject: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to
show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of his prophecy and keep those things that are written therein: for the time is at hand." Also Rev. 4:1. "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter."

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Generic User wrote: March 19th, 2023, 10:33 am
Bronco73idi wrote: March 19th, 2023, 12:10 am

Did you respond to the wrong person? Your quote has nothing to do with mine so I'm a little confused. But here's the quote regardless.

Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
John's Vision of Futurity
Section Six 1843-44, p.289
There is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the ancient prophets, and those spoken of in the revelations of John. The things which John saw had no allusion to the scenes of the days of Adam, Enoch, Abraham or Jesus, only so far as is plainly represented by John, and clearly set forth by him. John saw that only which was lying in futurity and which was shortly subject: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to
show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of his prophecy and keep those things that are written therein: for the time is at hand." Also Rev. 4:1. "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter."
I was replying to you, my reply got half of what I wanted. Thank you for the quote by Jospeh Smith.

The other half was you understanding why I gave you an example. I love examples, especially when they edify all.

I read Jospeh Smith words that you attached here and it strengthens my opinion that seal 1-4 has already happened before John was given this vision. Just like me not telling you why I gave this example. Jospeh said the book is written for future events, most of the book is very descriptive for these events. Sometimes a foundation is needed and if so, you would not be very descriptive in the past foundation events. If you read seal 1-4 and compare them to 5-7 you might see that John didn’t see them. He only written about 2 verses for each of the 4 seals Rev 6:2-8 and with little description. What does he do with the last 3 seals? The 5th seal 3 verses, 6th seal 6 verses, 7th seal???

To hear someone talk about how Jesus died for all of our sins. Yet they can not make the connection that the only death in this earthly existence that mattered was Jesus dying for our sins.
Death riding a pale horse.

Then again, what do I know, I’m just clumpy dirt.