Finally joined after observing for the past couple of years

Tell us about yourself...
Teancum1
captain of 100

Finally joined after observing for the past couple of years

Post by Teancum1 »

Introducing myself to this community. I’m a second generation member of the church in good standing- thus far. Served a mission and in bishoprics and as a bishop, being released at the onset of the damnpanic. I acknowledge and am grateful for a Christ centered upbringing and come from a devout and conscientious family.

Growing up in the church in the early 70’s and 80’s there was a definite and strong conservative feel in the church. Leaders were unafraid to speak about secret combinations (they exist and have infiltrated every organization including the LDS church)and did so frequently, especially from the 1940’s through the 1980’s.
However, now there is a definite liberal mindset coming out of HQ. The globalist movement within the church has become unbearable. The general membership continually moves further into cognitive dissonance with each new “revelation”.
I have found in my readings on this forum a place where there are many likeminded individuals.

I love the Savior, I look forward to his second coming. I believe Joseph Smith was a prophet and that the Book of Mormon is Gods word. I also believe the church is under condemnation and has generally apostatized from the truth revealed from 1820-1834ish. I am looking forward to learning with you and through the Spirit how to proceed in these darkening times.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Finally joined after observing for the past couple of years

Post by creator »

Welcome. Sounds like you'll fit right in. 8-)

Teancum1
captain of 100

Post by Teancum1 »

Thanks Creator. I read your bio and feel a kinship to many in this forum who are disturbed by the persistent drift to the left.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Welcome, teancum. I joined the forum under similar circumstances, having lurked for a few years first. Looking forward to hearing from you.

BigT
captain of 100

Post by BigT »

Welcome. I came here searching for info on the LDS temple endowment, found what I was looking for and joined.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

Welcome. Look forward to reading your contributions!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Teancum1 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:55 am ...
The globalist movement within the church has become unbearable. The general membership continually moves further into cognitive dissonance with each new “revelation”. ...

"Unbearable" is right!

I came across this quote yesterday and can't stop thinking about how church leaders and members have fallen under the spell of the secret combination:

"Your consent to evil is how they spiritually gain power over you."

The leaders, presiding in suits while sitting in elevated chairs, is especially grating, as they are careful to not provide a SINGLE word of validation for all of the madness that people are experiencing in the church. It's because their god is the church and the higher ups. Suckers!!!
Last edited by Chip on March 16th, 2023, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Welcome Teancum1, and greetings from England.
Any connection with a Teancum who actively participated on other Mormon forums?
This forum is an excellent place to be. It has at least as many opinions as members, sometimes more!
I have learned so much over the past 12 years of membership and look forward to learning from your input.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Chip wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:32 am
The globalist movement within the church has become unbearable. The general membership continually moves further into cognitive dissonance with each new “revelation”. ...

"Unbearable" is right!

I came across this quote yesterday and can't stop thinking about how church leaders and members have fallen under the spell of the secret combination:

The leaders, presiding in suits while sitting in elevated chairs, is especially grating, as they are careful to not provide a SINGLE word of validation for all of the madness that people are experiencing in the church. It's because their god is the church and the higher ups. Suckers!!!
I read a scripture today that fit how I'm feeling lately:

Romans 16:17 - “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Sunain wrote: March 16th, 2023, 11:44 am

"Unbearable" is right!

Romans 16:17 - “Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.”
So, mark and avoid the FP and Q12? Got it.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Welcome!

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Aim for the heart, brother!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

There goes the neighborhood... another heretic...!!!

Welcome bro!

:D

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

"Unbearable" is right!

The irony of that verse is that they would consider me to be the one causing divisions and offenses. It's like we are living through a situation where there is nothing left to say. Everyone has taken their position and words no longer have meaning, other than to signal offense or compliance. My question is, 'What's next?" What will break the gridlock? I'm thinking the vaxx is playing, and will play, a huge roll in this. There is a "checkmate" on the horizon.

DivineSpark
captain of 50

Post by DivineSpark »

I like this scripture - it doesn't say 'contrary to the church' but "contrary to the doctrine". Thank you!

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

DivineSpark wrote: March 16th, 2023, 3:03 pm

I like this scripture - it doesn't say 'contrary to the church' but "contrary to the doctrine". Thank you!

We seek really hard for permission to think freely. This is due to the excellent priestcraft we've been under.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Teancum1 wrote: March 16th, 2023, 10:55 am I have found in my readings on this forum a place where there are many likeminded individuals.

I have found the same over the last 17 years on LDSFF. It has been a real treasure and blessing to have such people to learn from and discuss things with.

Welcome, Teancum1; we look forward to hearing more from you!

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Welcome Teancum1!🤗