EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

Discuss the last days, Zion, second coming, emergency preparedness, alternative health, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

Post by BeNotDeceived »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 9th, 2023, 7:40 pm For some reason, I didn't see this until just now.

I've had a very interesting day.

A lot of great advice from people here on the forum that led to healing in one area, and a deep understanding that I have more repenting to do.

And then somebody I love very much activated my trauma response in a way it hasn't been activated in quite awhile.

And I lost it.

I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

I just want to heal from all this trauma, become whole again (if I ever was whole, as I don't know that I remember a time where that was the case), and find a group of people who don't abuse themselves or each other to spend time with.

What do you suppose the odds are of that happening in my lifetime?

Thanks for the prayers. I pray for you, too, along with a bunch of other people on this forum. This place feels more like a ward than any other ward I've been in. I'm going to miss it come April...
Perhaps we need look to our Prime Exemplar and how he went about things and stuff.

He began by visiting a woman at the the well shortly after his baptism by John the Baptist.

He then went on to call together a merry band of men to move things forward. 8-)

Is this another perfect pattern, like another I’ve posted. :?:

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: EQ: I know people want a Davidic Servant to show up and save the day.

Post by endlessQuestions »

I don't know BND, because you and I speak different languages.

I like the language of logic and reason, coupled with the gift of revelation.

You like the language of parable, puzzle, and riddle, which makes my brain short-circuit.

What I can tell you is that I have no less than 5 people telling me that they either ARE the Davidic Servant, or KNOW who the Davidic Servant is - and none of them agree on the identity of the individual.

So I kind of stay away from this subject, because it seems to be a topic that no one can see eye to eye on. I'm assuming that when this person shows up on the scene, the Spirit will powerfully testify to me that I need to follow him, at which point all the arguing about it won't mean much at all.

Thoughts?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:35 am I don't know BND, because you and I speak different languages.

I like the language of logic and reason, coupled with the gift of revelation.

You like the language of parable, puzzle, and riddle, which makes my brain short-circuit.

What I can tell you is that I have no less than 5 people telling me that they either ARE the Davidic Servant, or KNOW who the Davidic Servant is - and none of them agree on the identity of the individual.

So I kind of stay away from this subject, because it seems to be a topic that no one can see eye to eye on. I'm assuming that when this person shows up on the scene, the Spirit will powerfully testify to me that I need to follow him, at which point all the arguing about it won't mean much at all.

Thoughts?
I see tribulations ahead, not quiet time for healing...until after.

I think it's time to embrace the pain and go through the refiners fire

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

endlessQuestions wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:35 am
See if you can follow the following:
Michael Sherwin wrote: January 5th, 2021, 2:47 am You do not need a video to know when the 7th seal was opened. I can show you how to discover it for yourselves.

4:4 Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
4:5 For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

So this happens just before the judgement starts. The beginning of judgement is the 7th seal. Now put on your logic caps and make sure the propeller is turning.

In the 5th seal God's people are beheaded until their number is complete. They receive new white robes washed in the blood of Christ. They are then immortal. There are no more of God's people left on the earth. All the souls were under the Altar and now their number is complete. Only the wicked are left on earth. There are no more of God's people to be saved. There are no more of God's people that need protection.

Now look at this in the 7th seal.

7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The sealing of God's people started before the 7th seal was opened. By the time of 9:4 that work has been finished. I know exactly how and ~when I was sealed. And I testify that it is a visible mark.

Is the propeller still spinning? Good! If the number of all of God's people is complete in seal 5 and they are all immortal then who is God protecting with his seal in seal 7? Do I see some smoke coming out of some ears? Motors running, gears turning. Everything seizing up. :(

Anyone?

Seal 7 has to be before seal 5!

Jesus gives the starting order of the seals.

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Immediately after the 7th seal is the 6th seal. Why is the tribulation of those days the 7th seal?

12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Because there is a time of trouble followed by a resurrection. After that resurrection some will be saved and some will be lost. So seal 5 has to be after the resurrection because those that are lost take the mark of the beast and help behead the souls under the altar which is the second death. There is the time of trouble which comes upon the whole earth and there is the time of Jacob's trouble. In the trouble that comes upon the whole earth the people of God are protected by his mark. It is not the time of Jacob's trouble. It is the time God pleads with the wicked. It is the 7th seal. The time of Jacob's trouble is the 5th seal. The 7th seal ends with there being no more time. The 6th seal is the end of this creation.

So now hopefully the propeller is still turning and you realize that the 7th seal is first in time sequence. Fingers crossed.

So now back to when the 7th seal was most likely opened. When was israel in exile planted in North America? When the pilgrims departed the Mayflower in 1620. When was Judah fully restored? In 1970 when they recaptured Jerusalem. What year is 1620 + 390? 2010. What is 1970 + 40? 2010. What is the most likely year that the silence in heaven started? Therefore what year was the 7th seal most likely opened? Reach up and give that propeller a good wack.

Please give my attempt at humor a hall pass! :)

Seriously though check the TIMING PATTERN associated with my photo at the top of march8miracle.org where the conclusion was 2010, by following the simple last name first, method of identification common in the military.

Also see the TIMING PATTERN for the earthquake that landed Moroni's Instrument.

One spells CHRIST and the other spells CRIST in the VERTICAL COLUMNS.

Not sure how that isn't plain as day. :?

But blind people can't see

even in the daytime.

endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by endlessQuestions »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:05 am
Michael Sherwin wrote: January 5th, 2021, 2:47 am You do not need a video to know when the 7th seal was opened. I can show you how to discover it for yourselves.

4:4 Lie thou also upon thy left side, and lay the iniquity of the house of Israel upon it: according to the number of the days that thou shalt lie upon it thou shalt bear their iniquity.
4:5 For I have laid upon thee the years of their iniquity, according to the number of the days, three hundred and ninety days: so shalt thou bear the iniquity of the house of Israel.
4:6 And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year.

So this happens just before the judgement starts. The beginning of judgement is the 7th seal. Now put on your logic caps and make sure the propeller is turning.

In the 5th seal God's people are beheaded until their number is complete. They receive new white robes washed in the blood of Christ. They are then immortal. There are no more of God's people left on the earth. All the souls were under the Altar and now their number is complete. Only the wicked are left on earth. There are no more of God's people to be saved. There are no more of God's people that need protection.

7:3 Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.
9:4 And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

The sealing of God's people started before the 7th seal was opened. By the time of 9:4 that work has been finished. I know exactly how and ~when I was sealed. And I testify that it is a visible mark.

Is the propeller still spinning? Good! If the number of all of God's people is complete in seal 5 and they are all immortal then who is God protecting with his seal in seal 7? Do I see some smoke coming out of some ears? Motors running, gears turning. Everything seizing up. :(

Anyone?

24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

Immediately after the 7th seal is the 6th seal. Why is the tribulation of those days the 7th seal?

12:1 And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.
12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

Because there is a time of trouble followed by a resurrection. After that resurrection some will be saved and some will be lost. So seal 5 has to be after the resurrection because those that are lost take the mark of the beast and help behead the souls under the altar which is the second death. There is the time of trouble which comes upon the whole earth and there is the time of Jacob's trouble. In the trouble that comes upon the whole earth the people of God are protected by his mark. It is not the time of Jacob's trouble. It is the time God pleads with the wicked. It is the 7th seal. The time of Jacob's trouble is the 5th seal. The 7th seal ends with there being no more time. The 6th seal is the end of this creation.

So now hopefully the propeller is still turning and you realize that the 7th seal is first in time sequence. Fingers crossed.

So now back to when the 7th seal was most likely opened. When was israel in exile planted in North America? When the pilgrims departed the Mayflower in 1620. When was Judah fully restored? In 1970 when they recaptured Jerusalem. What year is 1620 + 390? 2010. What is 1970 + 40? 2010. What is the most likely year that the silence in heaven started? Therefore what year was the 7th seal most likely opened? Reach up and give that propeller a good wack.

Seriously though check the TIMING PATTERN associated with my photo at the top of march8miracle.org where the conclusion was 2010, by following the simple last name first, method of identification common in the military.

even in the daytime.
I promise I’ll do my best. Thanks for trying to explain it to me again!

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Anyone?

even in the daytime.
It's not obvious because none of the seals are open yet

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ransomme wrote: March 10th, 2023, 4:05 pm

The seventh seal opened in 2010

and about a half hour of silence in heaven began.

The trump sounded in 2020. 🎺

The angel appeared in 2002. 🕊️

Search keyword ASHH for more light and knowledge. :idea:

Seek and you may discover more about July 27, 2023.❗️

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Anyone?

even in the daytime.
BeNotDeceived, you should do as your name suggests and
Be Not Deceived

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:47 pm

Ok, riddle me this...

When was the first seal opened (approximately)?
Second?
Etc?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

ransomme wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:58 pm When was the first seal opened (approximately)?
Second?
Etc?
D&C77:7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven aseals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Sunain wrote: March 11th, 2023, 12:23 am
ransomme wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:58 pm When was the first seal opened (approximately)?
Second?
Etc?
D&C77:7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven aseals with which it was sealed? A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.
This only says what the seals contain, not when they are opened.

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Wondering Wendy wrote: March 11th, 2023, 12:37 am
Second?
Etc?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/ ... 93_prt.pdf

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Second?
Etc?
They want to believe Jospeh was a prophet but not what he taught….. the 4th seal is death riding a pale horse, our Lord’s crucifixion.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ransomme wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:58 pm Ok, riddle me this...

Second?
Etc?
Only the seventh seal has opened. It is the first to open.

To see this:

1) Roll up a first paper and place a seal on it.
2) Roll a second paper around the first paper, and seal the bundle.
3) Repeat rolling more papers onto the bundle and sealing each in turn.

Hopefully you can now visualize that the outer most seal is the seventh one placed.

When the seventh seal opened in 2010

the ASHH began, and will end sometime between 2025 and 2040.

Wondering Wendy
captain of 100

Post by Wondering Wendy »

Sunain wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:00 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: March 11th, 2023, 12:37 am
Second?
Etc?
https://www.churchofjesuschrist.org/bc/ ... 93_prt.pdf
Cool! That doesn't change the meaning of the scripture though. It still doesn't mention when the scrolls are opened. :)

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

Wondering Wendy wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 am Cool! That doesn't change the meaning of the scripture though. It still doesn't mention when the scrolls are opened. :)
Yes it does. That is what our church teaches and that links up directly with other scriptures and the teachings of Joseph Smith. 6 of the 7 seals are opened. The 7th seal is really the only one we don't know yet for sure.

The 7th probably opened at the Hosanna shout during the dedication of the Palmyra temple on April 6th, 2000.

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Sunain wrote: March 11th, 2023, 10:30 am
Wondering Wendy wrote: March 11th, 2023, 6:41 am Cool! That doesn't change the meaning of the scripture though. It still doesn't mention when the scrolls are opened. :)
Yes it does. That is what our church teaches and that links up directly with other scriptures and the teachings of Joseph Smith. 6 of the 7 seals are opened. The 7th seal is really the only one we don't know yet for sure.

The 7th probably opened at the Hosanna shout during the dedication of the Palmyra temple on April 6th, 2000.
I second the motion about the Hosanna shout at the dedication of the 77th temple on April 6, 2000. The Prophet President Hinckley said in his remarks prior to the dedicatory prayer, "I feel to tell you the 7th seal is open, there will never be another day like this in the history of the world."
It was the first private encrypted closed circuit broadcast to 1,300 meeting houses to North America. There were areas where the signal didn't reach, so many didn't hear his opening announcement. Many did. The technical issues were worked on for a rebroadcast that evening at 7pm. As a testifying witness that evening of April 6, 2000, in the night sky was seen 3 planets clustered together with a sliver of our moon. 3 heavenly witnesses. Jupiter, Saturn, Mars.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

CMajor wrote: March 11th, 2023, 11:05 am

I second the motion about the Hosanna shout at the dedication of the 77th temple on April 6, 2000. The Prophet President Hinckley said in his remarks prior to the dedicatory prayer, "I feel to tell you the 7th seal is open, there will never be another day like this in the history of the world."
It was the first private encrypted closed circuit broadcast to 1,300 meeting houses to North America. There were areas where the signal didn't reach, so many didn't hear his opening announcement. Many did. The technical issues were worked on for a rebroadcast that evening at 7pm. As a testifying witness that evening of April 6, 2000, in the night sky was seen 3 planets clustered together with a sliver of our moon. 3 heavenly witnesses. Jupiter, Saturn, Mars.
I personally think everything dealing with this earthly existence evolves around The Word, Jesus Christ. The 4th seal was over with his crucifixion, death riding a pale horse.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 10th, 2023, 7:47 pm

in the initial post of this thread, a simple scene was drawn of people working together in a basic form of Christian gospel.

I would LOVE for that to happen.
I myself, attempted to at least coalesce and collaborate with a few people to work together on a fundamental level many years ago, but it became quickly apparent as to why this WON'T happen until absolute devastation comes.

The above post is a perfect example. I'm not throwing a stone here, it's just a good moment to observe DIFFERENCE. One person is convinced of a point and another is convinced that the other is wrong.

In the future, when people are completely BROKEN , none of that will matter. Today, everything matters and divides people like vast chasms! On the other lds forum ,. the majority there firmly believe in a 'call out' where everyone is called out by church authorities to gather in camps. As on all forums, there is much disagreement with doctrine etc. Many times, the subject was brought up:

"How could there ever be unity in the coming gatherings in camps when all of us here argue so much? It appears now that if we were to all live in the same camp, we'd be at each other's throats!?"

Most are very opinionated and being 'right' is the most important thing in life. People can't come together because they are fixed in their own perception of 'right'. Each is polarized against the others.

An absolute breaking down is necessary. Devastation of perceived notions. A time when people are so broken that they will admit honestly "I DON'T KNOW".

How will this occur? How can humility be forced ?
All leadership will completely fail. All organizations.
No money! that alone will shatter the glass egos.
Stores empty. No food to buy. No fuel . Starvation is humbling.
Class division between a doctor and a guy that knows how to work in trades will be GONE. The doctor will realize that there is no other way than to work on an even scale with those that have gardens, tools, skills and resources and know how to use them.
Attorneys? lol.City/state/fed workers? CEO's? ...<these won't be able to admit who they were before the crash.
Religious leaders...destroyed.

People will look up and then down and have no idea what to do except to listen to the spirit. We will all be washed of our vanity. (thank God)

All the knowing of special things and stupid theories and interpretations of scriptures will be completely meaningless.

Before people can operate on a basic, fundamental level , they must all be abased to the same sensible level of living and operating.

People of like mind will then be able to gravitate together because their walls are down.
Last edited by FrankOne on March 11th, 2023, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

BeNotDeceived wrote: March 11th, 2023, 3:26 am
ransomme wrote: March 10th, 2023, 10:58 pm Ok, riddle me this...

Second?
Etc?
Only the seventh seal has opened. It is the first to open.

To see this:

1) Roll up a first paper and place a seal on it.
2) Roll a second paper around the first paper, and seal the bundle.
3) Repeat rolling more papers onto the bundle and sealing each in turn.

Hopefully you can now visualize that the outer most seal is the seventh one placed.

When the seventh seal opened in 2010

the ASHH began, and will end sometime between 2025 and 2040.
Only Jesus (the Lion of Judah, the Root of David) can open the seal, and only after His triumph over physical and spiritual death (once He has "overcome"). He will open seals 1-7 upon His return. Each seal represents (holds records about each dispensation). They weren't/aren't opened one by one at each dispensation.

Revelation 5

Then I saw in the right hand of Him who sits on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed up with seven seals. 2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, “Who is worthy to open the scroll and to break its seals?” 3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll or to look into it. 4 Then I was crying greatly because no one was found worthy to open the scroll or to look into it. 5 And one of the elders said to me, “Stop crying! Behold, the Lion that is from the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has overcome so as to open the scroll and its seven seals.”

Read the rest of the chapter as well

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

FrankOne wrote: March 11th, 2023, 1:06 pm
in the initial post of this thread, a simple scene was drawn of people working together in a basic form of Christian gospel.

I would LOVE for that to happen.
I myself, attempted to at least coalesce and collaborate with a few people to work together on a fundamental level many years ago, but it became quickly apparent as to why this WON'T happen until absolute devastation comes.

The above post is a perfect example. I'm not throwing a stone here, it's just a good moment to observe DIFFERENCE. One person is convinced of a point and another is convinced that the other is wrong.

In the future, when people are completely BROKEN , none of that will matter. Today, everything matters and divides people like vast chasms! On the other lds forum ,. the majority there firmly believe in a 'call out' where everyone is called out by church authorities to gather in camps. As on all forums, there is much disagreement with doctrine etc. Many times, the subject was brought up:

"How could there ever be unity in the coming gatherings in camps when all of us here argue so much? It appears now that if we were to all live in the same camp, we'd be at each other's throats!?"

Most are very opinionated and being 'right' is the most important thing in life. People can't come together because they are fixed in their own perception of 'right'. Each is polarized against the others.

An absolute breaking down is necessary. Devastation of perceived notions. A time when people are so broken that they will admit honestly "I DON'T KNOW".

How will this occur? How can humility be forced ?
All leadership will completely fail. All organizations.
No money! that alone will shatter the glass egos.
Stores empty. No food to buy. No fuel . Starvation is humbling.
Class division between a doctor and a guy that knows how to work in trades will be GONE. The doctor will realize that there is no other way than to work on an even scale with those that have gardens, tools, skills and resources and know how to use them.
Attorneys? lol.City/state/fed workers? CEO's? ...<these won't be able to admit who they were before the crash.
Religious leaders...destroyed.

People will look up and then down and have no idea what to do except to listen to the spirit. We will all be washed of our vanity. (thank God)

All the knowing of special things and stupid theories and interpretations of scriptures will be completely meaningless.

Before people can operate on a basic, fundamental level , they must all be abased to the same sensible level of living and operating.

People of like mind will then be able to gravitate together because their walls are down.
FrankOne Gets Plan B, where B is for Baseball Bat.❗️

search.php?keywords=Wield+Baseball+Spirit Is a link to discover who wields the Spirit and how to learn more that only members may see, similar to Outer Darkness. The Spirit chose to do things this way, not me.

My name being Gary Francis was not my choice either, nor the angel picture I have openly shared. Seeing Christ in the picture, opened my eyes that I might see Crist in the earthquake. Few are responding to Plan A, making Plan B inevitable.

Generic User
captain of 10

Post by Generic User »

Little problem. Joseph Smith in the TPJS taught that John's entire vision was in the future to John's day. Including the seals opening. John Taylor (iirc) also said that they intended to try and fulfill the prerequisites to open the first seal as none had been opened since John's vision. The seals contain the works of the thousand years, the opening of the seals is a series of events that were future tense to John. Can't have the whole vision in the future and 4/7 already open at the time the vision is received.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

dedication of the Palmyra temple huh. lol
I don't think so.

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

as what you are saying about the opening of the 7th seal,
I don't believe that it opened in the year 2000 or that D&C 77:7 is accurate.
And as far as the " silence in heaven about the space of half an hour"
Rev. 8
1. And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. which is approx. 20.8 years; which is around now: according to thinking that
the 7th seal opened at the year 2000. (because this is the Year 2020)
But if you read that Chapter ( 8) in Revelation, it's obvious that these things that are to happen when
the 7th seal is open, won't happen right now. (**** please see at bottom)

I'm sure many do not know this
but, I believe that the 7 seals are NOT in chronological order,
and are 7 plagues to be poured out during the tribulations - that time is NOW.
Besides the fact that they are end-day judgments, all one would have to do
is read them to see they have not yet been fulfilled.

D&C 77:7
7 Q. What are we to understand by the seven seals with which it was sealed?
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

If you think they are in order - and each one for each 1000 years - please tell me how you can explain this ?
These things, happen at the opening of the sixth seal.
When did this happen ?
Has this already happened ? I don't think so.
sounds to me more like the end, after the 7th seal has been opened.

LDS.ORG

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Then we have these verses.
Do you see any words that are similar to the verses above ?

D&C 88:93,95,96

93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.

95 “And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour, and IMMEDIATELY after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up,
AND THE FACE OF THE LORD SHALL BE UNVEILED;

96 "And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him."

so this is definitely talking about the time of the second coming.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired Prophetic Warnings To All Inhabitants of the Earth

EPISTLE OF ELDER WILFORD WOODRUFF

To the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and to all the world

http://jaredc.chaosnet.org/proph/lundwall4.html

(in part)
"These events referred to are but a very limited portion of the revelations of God which are about to be fulfilled upon the heads of this generation. I wish to warn all nations of the judgments of God which are at their doors. Thrones will be cast down, nations will be overturned, anarchy will reign, all legal barriers will be broken down, and the laws will be trampled in the dust. You are about to be visited with war, the sword, famine, pestilence, plague, earthquakes, whirlwinds, tempests, and with the flame of devouring fire. By fire and with the sword will God plead with all flesh, and the slain of the Lord will be many. The anger of the Lord is kindled and his sword is bathed in heaven, and is about to fall upon Idumea, or the world. And who is able to abide these things? And who will stand when he appeareth?
The fig trees are leafing and the signs of heaven and earth indicate the coming of the Son of Man.
The seals are about to be opened; the plagues to be poured forth. Your rivers and seas will be turned into blood and to gall. And the inhabitants of the earth will die of plagues. And the unbelief of great Babylon, with the whole Christian world, will not make the truths of God without effect."
Millennial Star, Vol. 41, pp. 241, 245-6., April 21, 1879.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Seals of the Book of Revelation Do Not Represent Each 1000 Years

This post will treat another error in the Doctrine and Covenants: The exposition on the book of Revelation found in D&C 77.

Say the Joseph Smith Papers Project for this text, "[Sydney] Rigdon probably served as the original scribe for the explanation, but Jesse Gause could have been the scribe instead. The earliest surviving copy is an undated one made by John Whitmer in Revelation Book 1, where it is identified only as 'Revelation Explained.'" There is no known original copy. Of Revelation Book 1, the JSPP says, "Revelation Book 1 contains the earliest known copies of many revelations and, in some cases, the only surviving early manuscript copy." Many of "the revelations and other items are out of chronological order. Manuscript pages 128–148 contain fourteen items dated December 1831–April 1832 that were copied into the manuscript book after April 1832. The manuscript source of these revelations and other items is unknown, but JS and other church leaders possibly brought them to Missouri in April 1832. While these fourteen items are out of order chronologically, Whitmer copied more of them into Revelation Book 1 than other scribes copied into Revelation Book 2, which was begun in late February or early March 1832 and kept by JS and his scribes at church headquarters in Ohio."

Revelation Book 1 was highly edited. JSPP says:
"Many redactions were made before selected items were published in Missouri, while others were made in Ohio before the 1835 publication of the Doctrine and Covenants. Changes made in Sidney Rigdon’s hand are among the earliest, and evidence indicates that he made them in Ohio before the book went to Missouri in November 1831....John Whitmer and Oliver Cowdery could have made redactions in either Ohio or Missouri as early as 1831 or as late as 1835, though the majority of redactions they made first appear in print in 1833 or earlier. Whitmer’s marks often reversed changes made by Sidney Rigdon, and his later editing also modified some of the wording in the revelations. Though not as frequent, changes in Cowdery’s hand were often more substantive in nature, clarifying and expanding the meaning of several items in preparation for the publication of the Book of Commandments and the 1835 Doctrine and Covenants. William W. Phelps had neither reason nor opportunity to edit the items in Revelation Book 1 until he and his associates began preparing the texts for publication in Missouri. As printer of The Evening and the Morning Star and the Book of Commandments, Phelps provided much of the punctuation and versification and many of the other copyediting changes. Only rarely did he alter the original language."

With that historical background, the text of D&C 77 consists of several questions asked about the Book of Revelation (not Revelation Book 1, but rather the last book in the Bible). Historically speaking, if other doctored LDS documents are to be taken as precedent, it is very unlikely that the entire section as printed came from Joseph Smith, but also very unlikely that the entire section was fabricated. Instead, the most likely modifications were to themes, passages, or individual words.

This passage is highly suspect:
"6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh." (D&C 77:6-7.)
Why? Because if this passage were true, it would mean that those events associated with the 1st-6th seals must already have transpired. While sufficient effort could successfully pin some items, such as the four horsemen, on past events, it does not seem that any of the many commentators have been able to find plausible subjects that have garnered as much attention from history as they do in John's revelation. In other words, though candidates for some of the items pertaining to seals 1-6 exist, they certainly are not prominent enough to be the singular feature used to describe each period. For example, in seal 2 there goes forth "another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword." Was peace somehow more abundant in the first 1000 years of the earth than the 2nd thousand years? What event heralded the change?

Other events simply have not yet occurred, no matter how hard we try to shoehorn them into past events. For example, during the 6th seal we read: "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 12:17.)

But all of this is merely speculation, right? Not exactly.

It turns out we do have teachings from Joseph Smith on the Book of Revelation outside of D&C 77. This comes from "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith":
There is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the ancient prophets, and those spoken of in the revelations of John. The things which John saw had no allusion to the scenes of the days of Adam, Enoch, Abraham or Jesus, only so far as is plainly represented by John, and clearly set forth by him. John saw that only which was lying in futurity and which was shortly subject: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of his prophecy and keep those things that are written therein: for the time is at hand." Also Rev. 4:1. "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter."....Now, I make this declaration, that those things which John saw in heaven had no allusion to anything that had been on the earth previous to that time, because they were the representation of "things which must shortly come to pass," and not of what has already transpired. John saw beasts that had to do with things on the earth, but not in past ages. The beasts which John saw had to devour the inhabitants of the earth in days to come. ....The revelations do not give us to understand anything of the past in relation to the kingdom of God. What John saw and speaks of were things which he saw in heaven; those which Daniel saw were on and pertaining to the earth.
What is the source for this teaching? It comes from William Clayton's first hand contemporary record found in Words of Joseph Smith 8 April 1843. It is also found (a briefer version) in Joseph Smith's diary of the same date kept (at that time) by Willard Richards.

So, given the proven alterations in Revelation Book 1 that filtered into D&C, and given a solid source for the above passage, we are forced to decide: Did Joseph Smith teach that each seal corresponded to 1000 years of the earth's existence, or did John's revelation consist only of events of the future reckoned from John's time (circa AD 96)?

If he taught one but not the other, certainly the TPJS passage is more reliable. If he taught both, certainly the TPJS passage, which came around ten years after D&C 77, would reflect his more developed understanding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so according to D&C 77:7 the 7th seal would be opening now;
and there's no way that these things are going to happen now;
other things of the tribulations must happen first.

Revelation
CHAPTER 8

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!

Being There
captain of 1,000

Post by Being There »

Being There wrote: March 11th, 2023, 9:39 pm as what you are saying about the opening of the 7th seal,
I don't believe that it opened in the year 2000 or that D&C 77:7 is accurate.
And as far as the " silence in heaven about the space of half an hour"
Rev. 8
1. And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour. which is approx. 20.8 years; which is around now: according to thinking that
the 7th seal opened at the year 2000. (because this is the Year 2020)
But if you read that Chapter ( 8) in Revelation, it's obvious that these things that are to happen when
the 7th seal is open, won't happen right now. (**** please see at bottom)

I'm sure many do not know this
but, I believe that the 7 seals are NOT in chronological order,
and are 7 plagues to be poured out during the tribulations - that time is NOW.
Besides the fact that they are end-day judgments, all one would have to do
is read them to see they have not yet been fulfilled.

D&C 77:7
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh.

If you think they are in order - and each one for each 1000 years - please tell me how you can explain this ?
These things, happen at the opening of the sixth seal.
When did this happen ?
Has this already happened ? I don't think so.
sounds to me more like the end, after the 7th seal has been opened.

LDS.ORG

Revelation 6

12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;

13 And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind.

14 And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places.

15 And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains;

16 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb:

17 For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?

Then we have these verses.
Do you see any words that are similar to the verses above ?

93 And immediately there shall appear a great sign in heaven, and all people shall see it together.

95 “And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour, and IMMEDIATELY after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up,
AND THE FACE OF THE LORD SHALL BE UNVEILED;

96 "And the saints that are upon the earth, who are alive, shall be quickened and be caught up to meet him."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inspired Prophetic Warnings To All Inhabitants of the Earth

EPISTLE OF ELDER WILFORD WOODRUFF

To the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and to all the world

http://jaredc.chaosnet.org/proph/lundwall4.html

(in part)
"These events referred to are but a very limited portion of the revelations of God which are about to be fulfilled upon the heads of this generation. I wish to warn all nations of the judgments of God which are at their doors. Thrones will be cast down, nations will be overturned, anarchy will reign, all legal barriers will be broken down, and the laws will be trampled in the dust. You are about to be visited with war, the sword, famine, pestilence, plague, earthquakes, whirlwinds, tempests, and with the flame of devouring fire. By fire and with the sword will God plead with all flesh, and the slain of the Lord will be many. The anger of the Lord is kindled and his sword is bathed in heaven, and is about to fall upon Idumea, or the world. And who is able to abide these things? And who will stand when he appeareth?
The fig trees are leafing and the signs of heaven and earth indicate the coming of the Son of Man.
The seals are about to be opened; the plagues to be poured forth. Your rivers and seas will be turned into blood and to gall. And the inhabitants of the earth will die of plagues. And the unbelief of great Babylon, with the whole Christian world, will not make the truths of God without effect."
Millennial Star, Vol. 41, pp. 241, 245-6., April 21, 1879.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This post will treat another error in the Doctrine and Covenants: The exposition on the book of Revelation found in D&C 77.

Say the Joseph Smith Papers Project for this text, "[Sydney] Rigdon probably served as the original scribe for the explanation, but Jesse Gause could have been the scribe instead. The earliest surviving copy is an undated one made by John Whitmer in Revelation Book 1, where it is identified only as 'Revelation Explained.'" There is no known original copy. Of Revelation Book 1, the JSPP says, "Revelation Book 1 contains the earliest known copies of many revelations and, in some cases, the only surviving early manuscript copy." Many of "the revelations and other items are out of chronological order. Manuscript pages 128–148 contain fourteen items dated December 1831–April 1832 that were copied into the manuscript book after April 1832. The manuscript source of these revelations and other items is unknown, but JS and other church leaders possibly brought them to Missouri in April 1832. While these fourteen items are out of order chronologically, Whitmer copied more of them into Revelation Book 1 than other scribes copied into Revelation Book 2, which was begun in late February or early March 1832 and kept by JS and his scribes at church headquarters in Ohio."

Revelation Book 1 was highly edited. JSPP says:
"Many redactions were made before selected items were published in Missouri, while others were made in Ohio before the 1835 publication of the Doctrine and Covenants. Changes made in Sidney Rigdon’s hand are among the earliest, and evidence indicates that he made them in Ohio before the book went to Missouri in November 1831....John Whitmer and Oliver Cowdery could have made redactions in either Ohio or Missouri as early as 1831 or as late as 1835, though the majority of redactions they made first appear in print in 1833 or earlier. Whitmer’s marks often reversed changes made by Sidney Rigdon, and his later editing also modified some of the wording in the revelations. Though not as frequent, changes in Cowdery’s hand were often more substantive in nature, clarifying and expanding the meaning of several items in preparation for the publication of the Book of Commandments and the 1835 Doctrine and Covenants. William W. Phelps had neither reason nor opportunity to edit the items in Revelation Book 1 until he and his associates began preparing the texts for publication in Missouri. As printer of The Evening and the Morning Star and the Book of Commandments, Phelps provided much of the punctuation and versification and many of the other copyediting changes. Only rarely did he alter the original language."

With that historical background, the text of D&C 77 consists of several questions asked about the Book of Revelation (not Revelation Book 1, but rather the last book in the Bible). Historically speaking, if other doctored LDS documents are to be taken as precedent, it is very unlikely that the entire section as printed came from Joseph Smith, but also very unlikely that the entire section was fabricated. Instead, the most likely modifications were to themes, passages, or individual words.

This passage is highly suspect:
"6 Q. What are we to understand by the book which John saw, which was sealed on the back with seven seals?
A. We are to understand that it contains the revealed will, mysteries, and the works of God; the hidden things of his economy concerning this earth during the seven thousand years of its continuance, or its temporal existence.
A. We are to understand that the first seal contains the things of the first thousand years, and the second also of the second thousand years, and so on until the seventh." (D&C 77:6-7.)
Why? Because if this passage were true, it would mean that those events associated with the 1st-6th seals must already have transpired. While sufficient effort could successfully pin some items, such as the four horsemen, on past events, it does not seem that any of the many commentators have been able to find plausible subjects that have garnered as much attention from history as they do in John's revelation. In other words, though candidates for some of the items pertaining to seals 1-6 exist, they certainly are not prominent enough to be the singular feature used to describe each period. For example, in seal 2 there goes forth "another horse that was red: and power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth, and that they should kill one another: and there was given unto him a great sword." Was peace somehow more abundant in the first 1000 years of the earth than the 2nd thousand years? What event heralded the change?

Other events simply have not yet occurred, no matter how hard we try to shoehorn them into past events. For example, during the 6th seal we read: "And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood; And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind. And the heaven departed as a scroll when it is rolled together; and every mountain and island were moved out of their places. And the kings of the earth, and the great men, and the rich men, and the chief captains, and the mighty men, and every bondman, and every free man, hid themselves in the dens and in the rocks of the mountains; And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb: For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand?" (Revelation 12:17.)

But all of this is merely speculation, right? Not exactly.

It turns out we do have teachings from Joseph Smith on the Book of Revelation outside of D&C 77. This comes from "Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith":
There is a grand difference and distinction between the visions and figures spoken of by the ancient prophets, and those spoken of in the revelations of John. The things which John saw had no allusion to the scenes of the days of Adam, Enoch, Abraham or Jesus, only so far as is plainly represented by John, and clearly set forth by him. John saw that only which was lying in futurity and which was shortly subject: "The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and He sent and signified it by His angel unto His servant John: who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw. Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of his prophecy and keep those things that are written therein: for the time is at hand." Also Rev. 4:1. "After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven; and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will show thee things which must be hereafter."....Now, I make this declaration, that those things which John saw in heaven had no allusion to anything that had been on the earth previous to that time, because they were the representation of "things which must shortly come to pass," and not of what has already transpired. John saw beasts that had to do with things on the earth, but not in past ages. The beasts which John saw had to devour the inhabitants of the earth in days to come. ....The revelations do not give us to understand anything of the past in relation to the kingdom of God. What John saw and speaks of were things which he saw in heaven; those which Daniel saw were on and pertaining to the earth.
What is the source for this teaching? It comes from William Clayton's first hand contemporary record found in Words of Joseph Smith 8 April 1843. It is also found (a briefer version) in Joseph Smith's diary of the same date kept (at that time) by Willard Richards.

So, given the proven alterations in Revelation Book 1 that filtered into D&C, and given a solid source for the above passage, we are forced to decide: Did Joseph Smith teach that each seal corresponded to 1000 years of the earth's existence, or did John's revelation consist only of events of the future reckoned from John's time (circa AD 96)?

If he taught one but not the other, certainly the TPJS passage is more reliable. If he taught both, certainly the TPJS passage, which came around ten years after D&C 77, would reflect his more developed understanding.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

so according to D&C 77:7 the 7th seal would be opening now;
and there's no way that these things are going to happen now;
other things of the tribulations must happen first.

Revelation
CHAPTER 8

1 And when he had opened the seventh seal, there was silence in heaven about the space of half an hour.
2 And I saw the seven angels which stood before God; and to them were given seven trumpets.
3 And another angel came and stood at the altar, having a golden censer; and there was given unto him much incense, that he should offer it with the prayers of all saints upon the golden altar which was before the throne.
4 And the smoke of the incense, which came with the prayers of the saints, ascended up before God out of the angel’s hand.
5 And the angel took the censer, and filled it with fire of the altar, and cast it into the earth: and there were voices, and thunderings, and lightnings, and an earthquake.
6 And the seven angels which had the seven trumpets prepared themselves to sound.
7 The first angel sounded, and there followed hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and the third part of trees was burnt up, and all green grass was burnt up.
8 And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;
9 And the third part of the creatures which were in the sea, and had life, died; and the third part of the ships were destroyed.
10 And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11 And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.
12 And the fourth angel sounded, and the third part of the sun was smitten, and the third part of the moon, and the third part of the stars; so as the third part of them was darkened, and the day shone not for a third part of it, and the night likewise.
13 And I beheld, and heard an angel flying through the midst of heaven, saying with a loud voice, Woe, woe, woe, to the inhabiters of the earth by reason of the other voices of the trumpet of the three angels, which are yet to sound!
but to not waste a lot of time on this,
I will just copy and paste - in a few replies here all the things that I've previously posted on this - 7 seals and
silence in heaven for the space of half an hour
(sorry for the repeat of information)

but before I do that,
first of all, when reading scripture, you can't just take one verse or line out without reading the verses before and after.

I this case, you can see that - by what it says - before and after, that we could not possibly be in the
" silence in heaven about the space of half an hour " - approx. 20.8 years,
and that it comes most likely after the 7 year tribulation period, and right before the second coming.******

* (this hasn't happened)

95 “And there shall be silence in heaven for the space of half an hour,
and IMMEDIATELY after shall the curtain of heaven be unfolded, as a scroll is unfolded after it is rolled up,
******AND THE FACE OF THE LORD SHALL BE UNVEILED;
( if we WERE in the 1/2 hour of silence- this is going to happen right away - and it's not going to.)