Safe and Effective? Documentary - Free Online Premiere - Saturday March 11

Post calls to action or information about events, meetings, or lectures that are liberty and/or gospel related.
creator
(of the Forum)

Safe and Effective? Documentary - Free Online Premiere - Saturday March 11

Post by creator »

Utah: Safe and Effective? Documentary Premiere - Free Online Premiere

Date: Saturday, March 11th, 2023

More details:
https://www.facebook.com/events/726168779158764/
https://www.utahsafeandeffective.org

What happened exactly during the rollout of the COVID vaccine? What does it tell us about our health institutions? Is there a way to look at these issues without becoming politically polarized? This documentary explores these questions with the help of medical professionals and laypeople in Utah. It seeks for solutions that can be applied worldwide.

Watch the trailer HERE.

[EDITED to add the online premiere details]

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Safe and Effective? Documentary Premiere - Feb 23, 2023 in Sandy, UT

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Is this documentary being held on a different planet or in space? The font choice would certainly suggest so.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 10th, 2023, 1:25 pm Is this documentary being held on a different planet or in space? The font choice would certainly suggest so.
As a branding professional and designer myself, I had to laugh at this. I have seen a lot of designs like this one brought to me so I can fix them. Today, I try to prevent this from happening in the first place by instituting a proper brand architecture with my clients.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

oneClimbs wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 9:52 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 10th, 2023, 1:25 pm Is this documentary being held on a different planet or in space? The font choice would certainly suggest so.
As a branding professional and designer myself, I had to laugh at this. I have seen a lot of designs like this one brought to me so I can fix them. Today, I try to prevent this from happening in the first place by instituting a proper brand architecture with my clients.
I've been closely associated with marketing and design for over two decades. Campy design has its place. :)

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 10:03 am
I've been closely associated with marketing and design for over two decades. Campy design has its place. :)
Yeah, I suppose you're right. There's something endearing about it in a way, like, "Oh boy, time to go down the rabbit hole!"

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

oneClimbs wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 10:05 am
Yeah, I suppose you're right. There's something endearing about it in a way, like, "Oh boy, time to go down the rabbit hole!"
Some of the wealthiest food companies in the world intentionally make their packaging look cheap or inexpensive. They are masters at reading the mind of consumers and they spend massive amounts of money on A/B testing, collecting impressive amounts of data.

I'm sure it's just a coincidence the LDS corp does the exact same thing.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 10:11 am

Some of the wealthiest food companies in the world intentionally make their packaging look cheap or inexpensive. They are masters at reading the mind of consumers and they spend massive amounts of money on A/B testing, collecting impressive amounts of data.

Around 2002, we discovered this by accident when a partner and I created a printing company to do direct mail. We used an array of 30 inkjet printers to print on plain white envelopes, paper, and cardstock tickets. Instead of the 3% response we got from professional printing services, our home-made looking versions were getting 10-15% response rates! When we interviewed recipients as to why they responded to ours they said, "They just looked like a guy made this and sent it directly to me personally. It didn't feel like everything else that was sleek, shiny, and all the same."

So yeah, you can actually be more effective in some cases by looking less polished. It's a fine balance though and can be very difficult to get right. Simply bad design alone doesn't qualify, there must be a strategy and it must resonate with the audience and context of delivery. Sometime people get lucky though, like we did.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 10:11 am

I don't think this is an inherently bad thing though. Everyone in marketing does this and the purpose isn't necessarily to manipulate in the bad sense but it's to communicate clearly and make sure that communication is working effectively. People want solutions to problems and often they are kept from the solutions because the people communicating their solution do a bad job. A/B testing helps determine which of two strategies is more effective with an audience. It makes for better communication and experiences when done properly. I enjoy when something is marketed well, understands my need, and then actually solves my problem very well.

But then again, we've all be ripped off by people masquerading as a solution when they don't do what they claim. So you have to be very discerning because the TOOL can be misused, but that doesn't mean the TOOL itself is bad.

We see something like this happening under the reign of King Mosiah. He sends out a request for data:

"Now when Mosiah had done this he sent out throughout all the land, among all the people, desiring to know their will concerning who should be their king. And it came to pass that the voice of the people came, saying: We are desirous that Aaron thy son should be our king and our ruler." Mosiah 29:1-2

But Aaron refused and that is when Mosiah proposed changing to a system of judges instead. The people accepted this proposal.

"And now it came to pass, after king Mosiah had sent these things forth among the people they were convinced of the truth of his words. Therefore they relinquished their desires for a king, and became exceedingly anxious that every man should have an equal chance throughout all the land; yea, and every man expressed a willingness to answer for his own sins." (vs. 37-38)

This back and forth between the leadership and the people is a good thing. The church often sends out surveys and I appreciate that I can allow my voice to be heard on some of these matters. The leaders SHOULD be listening to the people and I know they are often criticized for simply making changes and doing things without the consent of the people like removing the Lectures on Faith, adding things to our scriptures without the vote of the church and changing ordinances, but then when they do seek to get the voice of the people they are criticized again for that.

I don't think the criticism is consistent. I agree that our leadership has indeed overstepped many times throughout our history and have acted without our permission but that is another topic. On the flipside I think that the more they seek to lead based on the feedback from us collectively as the church, that is a good thing, because as king Mosiah said:

"Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people." (vs. 26)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

This conversation reminds me of craigslist.org - a website that still looks like it was made in the 90's.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

It will be interesting to see if this documentary is more than just people’s experiences and what the end takeaway is. Will they call for accountability from the medical and religious communities?

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

I'm pretty sure it is more than just people's experiences (considering that the group behind it has already been working on actual solutions for at least the past few years).

I will return and report.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Fix "Avatar" please 🙏🙂

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

creator wrote: February 22nd, 2023, 1:36 pm I will return and report.
I look forward to reading what you'll have to say.

creator
(of the Forum)

Re: Safe and Effective? Documentary - Free Worldwide Online Premiere - Saturday March 11

Post by creator »

I thought it was good, and well researched. It was certainly an apolitical fair approach, showing why everyone (left, right, and other) should be concerned about what the so-called experts, mainstream media and government have been pushing.

Their presented solutions are intriguing as well.

I recommend everyone watch the online premier and share with family, friends, and neighbors, regardless of political orientation.

Online premiere is this Saturday:

https://www.facebook.com/events/726168779158764/

https://www.utahsafeandeffective.org