If you don't like change, find another church - Bednar

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: If you don't like change, find another church - Bednar

Post by Thinker »

iWriteStuff wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:39 am
tribrac wrote: February 6th, 2023, 8:32 am Church feels like Survivor.
And the prize for surviving is:

* More shopping malls for the church, less money for Zion
* More cleaned bathroom stalls for you, less budget for the Youth program
* More COVID vaccines for you, less faith in the Lord
* More gaslighting about our history and doctrinal shifts, less truth and transparency
* More leader worship and idolatry, less relationship with Christ

If I'm doing a cost benefit analysis here, it seems like the best option is to get on a different show.
Many are abandoning ship as they see the kinds of changes that are happening. Change can be good, if it gets us closer to God - or bad if it takes us further away.

The good ship lollipop is so focused on CORPORATE & POLITICALLY-CORRECT change, that more members are sensing the neglect of spiritual focus.

Someone mentioned decreasing ward sizes again…

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

TwochurchesOnly wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:46 pm …"They " can " keep the change.."
( like in home alone 🤣)
“Keep the change, ya filthy animal!” 😁

Edited to add:
“If you don't like [the politically driven changes], join another church.”
Reminder of the motto in practice, “our way or be exed!” Anti-Christ in shunning truth, & demanding cult members change according to THEIR corporate & political priorities.

The way he talks about the church as if it were God or the internal experience of God (repentance & change) - is wrong, a lie. You don’t need the church to change/improve. A Hindu, Muslim, Buddhist, & every other person on this earth all have the ability to repent and change in godly ways. The Mormon church does not have a monopoly on the kingdom of God within. In fact, because the lds church tries to prevent, & punishes seeking truth/God… in many cases, one will more easily repent - get closer to God - without the Mormon oppression. Jesus & many righteous people never set foot in a Mormon church.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Subcomandante wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:10 pm
Forever wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:49 am
Subcomandante wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:44 am
pho·to·syn·the·sis wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:30 am

I think he could run the Church through the Spirit and Revelations. But you might be right, he would struggle to run the Corporation.
And what if the revelation was had to form the Church as a corporation?

I mean, it had to form up as something before the fiscal authorities not only of the USA, but everywhere else where the Church has representation. Otherwise, they could not function as a Church anywhere.

The Church was formed on 06 April 1830. Every Latter Day Saint knows that. But what was done? It was recognized as such by the State of New York that day, following that jurisdiction's procedures.
More justifying their evil deeds. Those who worship them are running out of defenses.
I don't worship the leaders. I worship God. God tells the leaders what to do with the Church just as He told them what to do with the Church then.

Not surprisingly, the way of operations of the Church is different in 2023 than it was in 1833.

That has everyone here riled up.

Many here want the Church to run on a terrestrial sphere. Count me in that system, when it does arrive. Until then, the Church has to deal with the current telestial system, with its current laws, rules, and regulations, and it does so in an attempt to be able to spread the Gospel further and further.

Believe it or not, Zion is not going to be built with a lot of well-meaning prayers and pixie dust, with absolutely no action on our part and nothing but complaining in dark corners. Building Zion takes time and it takes money, and it requires that we gain an education to do our part in edifying that community.
you are correct about Zion. It appears on LDS FF that Zion will be built by all those that have nothing, pooling their resources in a Jesus led communal effort that will be like cold-fusion and make all wealthy such that there are no poor among them. They will not include those who were heretofore inclined to be financially successful as only the very poor can be followers of Jesus not a person with an enormous, 6 figure income............ or successful businessmen, etc... every time money is discussed the issue becomes the opposite of truth. Anyone making money is part of Babylon all those not able to (for what ever reason) are the just and they will become the salt of the earth........................................ Or, Zion will be built by many laborers and some wise leaders, likely bring in some resources and skills that were heretofore marketable.

naah, just a just a bunch of people hammering their autos into plowshares and pulling them with their children.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

F96108B1-6B38-44CC-8764-E8398805C8DE.jpeg
F96108B1-6B38-44CC-8764-E8398805C8DE.jpeg (572.34 KiB) Viewed 346 times

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

MikeMaillet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:04 am I always keep some change in my pocket. You never know when you'll need it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv39X2UN-k4

Mike
Once upon a time a guy at the Saipan airport told me

a pocket full of change is a good defense preparation.

If hostilities arise, throw it the face of your attacker.

NowWhat
captain of 100

Post by NowWhat »

It starts at 2:43.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

cyclOps wrote: February 15th, 2023, 10:43 pm F96108B1-6B38-44CC-8764-E8398805C8DE.jpeg
Is this real? Is there a source or link for it?

on edit: found it: https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders/2 ... holy-ghost

Aiayai. I've been in a few training meetings with Bednar in person and I don't know what his deal is. He's mean and threatening. For real. But in this QnA he introduces a new phrase I hadn't heard: "living in revelation."

"A common question Elder Bednar receives is how to discern the Spirit’s influence and receive revelation. He explained that worthy Latter-day Saints “are living in revelation” and will not always recognize inspiration in the moment it occurs. When one worthily partakes of the sacrament and renews covenants each week, one is promised “that we may always have the Spirit to be with us,” he added, paraphrasing the promised blessing from the sacrament prayers (Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79).

“If you are honoring your covenants, repenting and pressing forward with faith in the Savior, then you are living in revelation. It does not just come once in a while. You continually are being influenced by the power of the Holy Ghost.”"

You also can't just refer to "the Atonement" anymore:

"When asked about the importance of covenants, Elder Bednar started by quoting President Russell M. Nelson: “It is doctrinally incomplete to speak of the Lord’s atoning sacrifice by shortcut phrases, such as ‘the Atonement’ … these expressions present a real risk of misdirecting faith by treating the event as if it had living existence and capabilities independent of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.”

Just as one cannot separate the Atonement from Jesus Christ, one also cannot separate covenants and ordinances from the Savior. “Covenants and ordinances are the means whereby we are connected to the Father and His plan and to the Son and His infinite and eternal atoning sacrifice.”"

Sigh. They are just making stuff up as they go it appears.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Trucker wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:24 am
cyclOps wrote: February 15th, 2023, 10:43 pm F96108B1-6B38-44CC-8764-E8398805C8DE.jpeg

on edit: found it: https://www.thechurchnews.com/leaders/2 ... holy-ghost

Aiayai. I've been in a few training meetings with Bednar in person and I don't know what his deal is. He's mean and threatening. For real. But in this QnA he introduces a new phrase I hadn't heard: "living in revelation."

"A common question Elder Bednar receives is how to discern the Spirit’s influence and receive revelation. He explained that worthy Latter-day Saints “are living in revelation” and will not always recognize inspiration in the moment it occurs. When one worthily partakes of the sacrament and renews covenants each week, one is promised “that we may always have the Spirit to be with us,” he added, paraphrasing the promised blessing from the sacrament prayers (Doctrine and Covenants 20:77, 79).

“If you are honoring your covenants, repenting and pressing forward with faith in the Savior, then you are living in revelation. It does not just come once in a while. You continually are being influenced by the power of the Holy Ghost.”"

You also can't just refer to "the Atonement" anymore:

"When asked about the importance of covenants, Elder Bednar started by quoting President Russell M. Nelson: “It is doctrinally incomplete to speak of the Lord’s atoning sacrifice by shortcut phrases, such as ‘the Atonement’ … these expressions present a real risk of misdirecting faith by treating the event as if it had living existence and capabilities independent of our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ.”

Just as one cannot separate the Atonement from Jesus Christ, one also cannot separate covenants and ordinances from the Savior. “Covenants and ordinances are the means whereby we are connected to the Father and His plan and to the Son and His infinite and eternal atoning sacrifice.”"

Sigh. They are just making stuff up as they go it appears.
We certainly appear to be living in Revelation, as in "the Book of".

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Trucker wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:24 am
https://www.facebook.com/10004421870019 ... l/?app=fbl

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Does this include changing the ordinances of the temple? What did Christ say about changing these?

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Funny how they arranged the seating in the Assembly Hall…, moved the speakers almost to the back of the hall, So the few in attendance filled in the available seats.

Maybe because there are few students at Ensign College..??
Maybe to make the meeting feel more intimate..??
Maybe to counter the disposition of most members to fill in from the back, and skip the front rows.

Lighting was for TV and yet, I don’t see any cameras, (unless the are built in).

Anyway, looks like a slick production…

I wonder how many suit coats E. Bednar owns…