Torah is still Valid

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: Torah is still Valid

Post by Shawn Henry »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 7th, 2023, 1:03 am
Shawn Henry wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 12:41 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:05 am Actually there is 4 aspects of one person. Going to hell, going to the alter, being the priest, and being the alter.
That may be but I see no connection to Leviticus 16. I see the chapter as being a prophecy of a future fulfillment, a time when two prophets were killed, and one was driven off into the wilderness. Joseph and Hyrum were killed and Sidney was driven off.

Many, including Brigham were making Bogus.❗️
That's an awesome video, thanks!

How does it relate to you quoting me? I'm not following.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

SJR3t2 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:07 am
Shawn Henry wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:56 pm
SJR3t2 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:08 am. I already listed the 4 aspects.
Yes, and you keep saying that, as if you saying it somehow tells when and where. Be a sport and cut and paste it.
the priest is the priest, and the animal he sacrifice prepares the altar
Why are you being impossible to communicate with? That's not 4 aspects. What four aspects are you talking about? You still haven't explained why lots would be drawn on two goats and what that symbolizes and what is the purpose of one of them being driven off.

Are you simply blowing the whole chapter off by saying it's all about Christ, nothing to see here folks, just some weird crazy rituals that somehow point to the Savior. Did the Savior have a brother who was his equal who had the sins of the people placed upon him and was driven off into the wilderness?Did Jesus have someone else whose blood was jointly spilled with his? If not, it's not about the Savior.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:58 am
Yes, and you keep saying that, as if you saying it somehow tells when and where. Be a sport and cut and paste it.
Why are you being impossible to communicate with? That's not 4 aspects. What four aspects are you talking about? You still haven't explained why lots would be drawn on two goats and what that symbolizes and what is the purpose of one of them being driven off.

Are you simply blowing the whole chapter off by saying it's all about Christ, nothing to see here folks, just some weird crazy rituals that somehow point to the Savior. Did the Savior have a brother who was his equal who had the sins of the people placed upon him and was driven off into the wilderness?Did Jesus have someone else whose blood was jointly spilled with his? If not, it's not about the Savior.
your right it's not 4, I listed the the 2 other than the goats. Why do you seek to put me down when we disagree? I"m not blowing off the whole chapter. In fact I'm done chatting with you on this. You have a habit of put downs. I've answered you question your bringing up about the different aspects.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

I don't believe you have made a case for it being JS and Hyrum, and I bring things out, not using put down language as you have been doing. Take care.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

SJR3t2 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:13 am

I don't believe you have made a case for it being JS and Hyrum, and I bring things out, not using put down language as you have been doing. Take care.
I'm not putting you down, I'm challenging you on the answering the questions, because you don't answer them when I don't. Now it seems either way, you don't answer the questions.

How hard would it be to write out 5 or 6 sentences containing your interpretation of the chapter?

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:18 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:13 am

I'm not putting you down, I'm challenging you on the answering the questions, because you don't answer them when I don't. Now it seems either way, you don't answer the questions.

How hard would it be to write out 5 or 6 sentences containing your interpretation of the chapter?
You are, and you expect me to explain more than you are yourself, take care.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

SJR3t2 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:28 am You are, and you expect me to explain more than you are yourself, take care.
You know that's not true. I've been willing to explain everything, I love that chapter. I've answered all your questions. I've been the one to keep this conversation going.

SJR3t2
captain of 1,000

Post by SJR3t2 »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:33 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:28 am You are, and you expect me to explain more than you are yourself, take care.
You know that's not true. I've been willing to explain everything, I love that chapter. I've answered all your questions. I've been the one to keep this conversation going.
You know it is true. This conversation is dead and over. Good bye.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:47 am
SJR3t2 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:05 am Actually there is 4 aspects of one person. Going to hell, going to the alter, being the priest, and being the alter.
That may be but I see no connection to Leviticus 16. I see the chapter as being a prophecy of a future fulfillment, a time when two prophets were killed, and one was driven off into the wilderness. Joseph and Hyrum were killed and Sidney was driven off.

The victors wrote history to favor them, but it’s bogus too. I knew you would take an interest in setting the record straight, and search.php?keywords=klovZ shows that you did indeed instigate further conversation on the matter.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 8th, 2023, 4:16 am
Shawn Henry wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:47 am

The victors wrote history to favor them, but it’s bogus too. I knew you would take an interest in setting the record straight, and search.php?keywords=klovZ shows that you did indeed instigate further conversation on the matter.
Yes, I started a thread on that video, it's a great video. It just has nothing to do with Leviticus 16. What connection are you making to that chapter?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

CaptainM wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:09 pm You might want to check this out. The Torah as we know it is in great doubt. The scrolls of Moses show we have been tricked by the Levites. Don’t know what to say. We cannot rely upon men.
Great video! Makes one rethink the Aaronic Priesthood.

CaptainM
captain of 100

Post by CaptainM »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 26th, 2023, 11:35 pm
CaptainM wrote: January 21st, 2023, 5:09 pm You might want to check this out. The Torah as we know it is in great doubt. The scrolls of Moses show we have been tricked by the Levites. Don’t know what to say. We cannot rely upon men.
Here is another fascinating analysis of the first five books of the Bible:

https://youtu.be/bIkQShvDSVw?feature=shared

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 26th, 2023, 11:35 pm
It's a thing, just not what people think it is

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:44 pm
Luke wrote: January 20th, 2023, 5:27 pm
NationDeseret wrote: January 20th, 2023, 4:14 pm

The good thing for people like us is that I bought a website for my organization a few days ago. I’ll be hosting a phBB forum on it for members of the Church and of the group in a week or so. https://danite.org
What is your organisation?
I only created it less than a week ago. It’s called the Danite Legion. Named after the two groups the Danites and the Nauvoo Legion. I’m making flyers to recruit people in my state. A fellow Saint offered to help code without me asking is the only news. The goal is to create a community of Saints who follow all the prophets to help fight the culture war and preach the Word of God.
I wish your faction well. Things will happen that will allow much more self autonomy for groups like yours. I don't need to agree with your doctrines, of course, as many groups like yours will settle and create their own communities. This is God's Will, the Almighty even.

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

MikeMaillet wrote: January 21st, 2023, 2:49 pm I'll be reading the Torah again but only because I want to better understand why the Israelites were God's chosen people and why they were so evil. I'm a Gentile and only a grafted branch and wish to understand this better. I'm reasonably certain that our pre-existence was the deciding factor as to where and when we would be born.

Mike
To answer your question, the bible is an amalgamation of different tribes and people.

Satan's Own operates much like what you saw in 2020. They accuse other groups, that they don't liek, of what they themselves are doing. To Confuse people. So while the events did happen in the bible and the people were real, that does not mean the labels we attach to them are accurate....

Who is LORD? Baal. King James? Charles? YHVH? Nobody knew, not even the ancients.

Who are the hebrews or the House of Israel. Shrugs. Did they have blue eyes?

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

ransomme wrote: August 27th, 2023, 2:24 am It's a thing, just not what people think it is
...but why a "lesser priesthood", why Aaronic?

Did you watch the video?

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Shawn Henry wrote: August 27th, 2023, 6:04 am
ransomme wrote: August 27th, 2023, 2:24 am It's a thing, just not what people think it is
...but why a "lesser priesthood", why Aaronic?

Did you watch the video?
Not yet, I was on my way to church without my headphones! Although, I am generally aware of arguments for and against the Aaronic priesthood.

More generally I think priesthood is completely misunderstood.