New subtle temple changes

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: New subtle temple changes

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

JLHPROF wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:31 pm What's left to change?
Nelson: Hold my beer!... *cough* I mean, take your vitamins and get some beauty sleep, you're gonna need it.

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

I can't seem to find the thread now, but someone posted and implied that a temple change is coming tomorrow, Feb 7th. A temple president or sealer or something was imploring his family to do an endowment session on this specific day. We'll see if there was anything to it,

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

4Joshua8 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:44 pm I can't seem to find the thread now, but someone posted and implied that a temple change is coming tomorrow, Feb 7th. A temple president or sealer or something was imploring his family to do an endowment session on this specific day. We'll see if there was anything to it,
I think I was the one who created it... and even I can't find it... :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

4Joshua8 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 2:44 pm I can't seem to find the thread now, but someone posted and implied that a temple change is coming tomorrow, Feb 7th. A temple president or sealer or something was imploring his family to do an endowment session on this specific day. We'll see if there was anything to it,
That's why I was asking, as a follow up to this post >

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

creator wrote: February 6th, 2023, 4:42 pm
That's why I was asking, as a follow up to this post >
Ah... it was you!!

Vernet
captain of 10

Post by Vernet »

AugustoBR wrote: January 6th, 2023, 7:46 am I recently went to temple and noticed some changes I hadn't seen before. Maybe it already existed and I didn't realize it.

1 - When Eve try persuades Adam to eat the fruit, she said: "Do you intend to obey all of the Father's commandments?"
Now she says: "Do we intend to obey...?"

Just one more inclusive change (feminist)

2 - The Law of Obedience is now named the Law of the Lord

3 - Law of Chastity: Before the covenant was made separately by men and women. Now, it's done together. The text goes something like this:
"No one of you will have sexual relations except with those to whom you are legally and lawfully wedded, according to His Law."
Before, the text was specific about sexual relations with husband and wife.
Is the law of chastity last change a preparation to gay sealings?
I kept telling my, now ex wife, for the last 10 years that something was not right with the church. I was inactive for almost 20 years, started going back again and for someone like me the church was very different from my 1980s coming of age time. All the changes are subtle yet have huge impacts. Specifically the complete about face on LGBTQ issues.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

RosyPosy wrote: January 15th, 2023, 8:19 pm If I may add one more thing to this conversation. I noticed this today at church and talking with my Mother. It seems our current LDS culture is perfectly contempt with practically worshipping the temple it self. I stopped going to the temple years ago. To me it just a smoke and mirrors/feel good factory. When it comes to the temple my mom treats me like a broken tool. It's like rationality around the temple and its ordinances have gone out the window.
I completely concur. For anyone looking for evidence that idolatry is rife in the church, just note the mindset people exhibit towards the temple. It has become the object of devotion.
My stakes slogan for 2022:
"Lead me guide me walk beside me, help me find my way to the temple".
Enough said

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Robin Hood wrote: February 7th, 2023, 4:24 am
RosyPosy wrote: January 15th, 2023, 8:19 pm If I may add one more thing to this conversation. I noticed this today at church and talking with my Mother. It seems our current LDS culture is perfectly contempt with practically worshipping the temple it self. I stopped going to the temple years ago. To me it just a smoke and mirrors/feel good factory. When it comes to the temple my mom treats me like a broken tool. It's like rationality around the temple and its ordinances have gone out the window.
I completely concur. For anyone looking for evidence that idolatry is rife in the church, just note the mindset people exhibit towards the temple. It has become the object of devotion.
Enough said
I thought that was your British humor coming out… I think you were being serious.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 5:42 am
Robin Hood wrote: February 7th, 2023, 4:24 am
Enough said
I thought that was your British humor coming out… I think you were being serious.
Unfortunately, I'm being serious.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

So, any news on these temple changes yet?

4Joshua8
captain of 1,000

Post by 4Joshua8 »

Robin Hood wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:19 am So, any news on these temple changes yet?
Yeah, has anybody done an endowment session today and can let us know if anything has changed?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

They were all raptured and therefore are unable to report back.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

So far, what I found on reddit:
reddit users wrote:The endowment starts with a message from the first presidency about the adjustments. The video starts with a picture of Jesus. Images of Jesus and references to Jesus now appear throughout the endowment.

There is a new intro that explains the 5 covenants prior to inviting people to leave or stay. The narrator voice is accompanied by soft music.

There is no witness couple; Adam and Eve play that role on the big screen.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

creator wrote: February 7th, 2023, 12:24 pm So far, what I found on reddit:
reddit users wrote:The endowment starts with a message from the first presidency about the adjustments. The video starts with a picture of Jesus. Images of Jesus and references to Jesus now appear throughout the endowment.

There is a new intro that explains the 5 covenants prior to inviting people to leave or stay. The narrator voice is accompanied by soft music.

There is no witness couple; Adam and Eve play that role on the big screen.
So, they undid the secret-combo style of induction?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

As they superficially realign their system to make it look more Jesus-centered, they are actually increasing the seriousness of the confrontation they will eventually have with Him.

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

So if this is as reported... am I to conclude that for 180 years Jesus was okay with the way he was presented in the endowment, but lately He was feeling like He needed more mentions?

Or should I concluded that GenZ is so incapable of thinking through a presentation and arriving at their own conclusion that they must be spoon-fed mush?

Whatever the answer is I can't help but notice how Evangelical the Mormon portrayal of Jesus has become.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Reposted here:

Here is what I know so far about today’s temple changes.

*There’s a new intro that adds in the premortal life.
*There is no live witness couple. Adam and Eve now do what the witness couple did. They receive the signs and tokens now.
*Some of the symbols are explained.
*All instructions, including the veil teachings, are now prerecorded. The live ordinance worker is no longer part of anything other than the prayer circle and the last part at the veil.
*There are changes in wording that match what is in the updated temple prep and missionary lessons.
*The session is about 1 1/2 hours now which 10 minutes longer than before.
*The male ordinance worker no longer does anything other than sit and press buttons as needed until the live prayer circle is performed. *The endowment now focuses on the Savior and covenants. There is more context with revised wording in various places.
*There’s a longer intro and everything is now automated.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

HereWeGo wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:29 pm Reposted here:

*There is no live witness couple. Adam and Eve now do what the witness couple did. They receive the signs and tokens now.
*All instructions, including the veil teachings, are now prerecorded. The live ordinance worker is no longer part of anything other than the prayer circle and the last part at the veil.
*There are changes in wording that match what is in the updated temple prep and missionary lessons.
*The male ordinance worker no longer does anything other than sit and press buttons as needed until the live prayer circle is performed. *The endowment now focuses on the Savior and covenants. There is more context with revised wording in various places.
And this is what we call a "house of learning"???

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

having experienced it on Tuesday 2/8...

It will be a bit more coherent for new initiates and for those who never had much understanding before.
There is more in it about Christ and the Atonement and approaching the veil.
and everything that HereWeGo said

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:35 pm

And this is what we call a "house of learning"???
yep, ad lib version. You need to fill in the blanks,

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

There literally should be a library in the temple. At minimum one or more study rooms of varying sizes where people can congregate either in groups or individually to talk about Christ's gospel.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:43 pm There literally should be a library in the temple. At minimum one or more study rooms of varying sizes where people can congregate either in groups or individually to talk about Christ's gospel.
Oh you haven't seen that area? It's all locked up in a safe in a room off of the President's office.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

ransomme wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:53 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:43 pm There literally should be a library in the temple. At minimum one or more study rooms of varying sizes where people can congregate either in groups or individually to talk about Christ's gospel.
Oh you haven't seen that area? It's all locked up in a safe in a room off of the President's office.
Behind the cabinet with the washing and anointing bowls.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Post by ransomme »

*Some of the symbols are explained. I would say that is more like they gave some brief context to taking out covenants, in a covenant path way, with out saying covenant path
See RED

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

I know a guy that said his parents recently bought a porcelain bowl and pitcher and it was their subtle/secret inside way of hinting "wink, wink, guess what" that they had received the second anointing. Supposedly it's a thing in UT.