“Your constant cynicism, accusatory tone, and subtle insinuations are tiresome…”

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: “Your constant cynicism, accusatory tone, and subtle insinuations are tiresome…”

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Juliet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 11:49 am Jesus...
So yes or no? God either gave us the jab or he did not. The answer is not as complicated as you alluded to.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: “Your constant cynicism, accusatory tone, and subtle insinuations are tiresome…”

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:04 pm
So yes or no? God either gave us the jab or he did not. The answer is not as complicated as you alluded to.
No, it's not a godsend

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:07 pm
No, it's not a godsend
So is it appropriate to, at minimum, have a discussion about how this is killing people? I mean, by making such a claim as they have, they've literally taken the name of the lord in vain. Of course, the TBMs will simply dismiss this outright, by citing the legal team and their invitation to ask a doctor.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

No, it's not a godsend

The way that it is a godsend, is by way of the god of this world.

Yes, reliance on the arm of the flesh.

Who do we believe to be the god of this world? Do we worship him?
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Does your god (God?) work in a chemical laboratory somewhere, conjuring up concoctions to inject into unsuspecting individuals? Does your god (God?) work for Dow Chemical? Or any of the pharmaceutical companies?

I know my God does not.
dc

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 4th, 2023, 12:09 pm
Thinker wrote: February 4th, 2023, 11:04 am I think life happens in stages. Luckily we’re not asked to do anything unpleasant for too long. Eventually someone else takes the baton. For a while, I felt pulled toward warning people about things (like harmful homosexuality becoming normalized, church financial corruption, abortion facts, etc.). A lot of my preaching was on forums of which I was the only one sharing those views. I was hated, called names, banned & 1 guy even stocked & threatened to kill me. Definitely not a fun job. But at the time, I felt obligated to shed light on things. And occasionally someone would tell me they appreciated & never considered some things I brought up. Hopefully some good came out of it.

But it took a toll, & though occasionally I still shed light on “inconvenient truths,” generally, I’ve chilled a bit. But I am really glad for others like you who keep shedding light on important things, even if they’re truths many take to be hard.

Paraphrasing: “Maturity is based on the number and type of truths one is able to handle.”
A big part of life is increasing our capacity for truth/God.
I’m trying to get to a place where I can find a happy medium. I think that was the intent of how I set up my essays: Exposing Darkness, Revealing Light. In reality, I need to spend more time on the light. That’s one of the reasons I stopped studying polygamy and slew of other topics. I satisfied my understanding and moved on. I really should take that to heart when responding on the forum.

BTW, cheers to doing what you felt was right amidst opposition. That has been one of the toughest things to overcome. Speaking my conscience has destroyed decades-old friendships and shredded family relationships.
Thanks, RW. I met your son - nice guy - wish he lived close & was friends with my kids. I’m glad some of your family, like GS, is on the same page as you.

Relationship paths can take different directions. And some relationships continue and require a lot of patience, humility and love. It’s definitely easier when people are not prideful - we’re more teachable then. I’m working on this, among other things. Truly, there are truths that are difficult for each of us.

I came across something I brainstormed about how to have more compassion with loved ones not ready to see truths I’ve already discovered…

So, how would this intelligently play out? Maybe like the dynamics between the father and son in the film, “Life is Beautiful.” The father lies to the son, telling him that the concentration camp they’re in is a game to see who complains the least etc. It’s not like we are the father but more like a friend of the son, who sees that the son needs to believe the lie for now - until he’s more mature & can handle more. So we play along... we don’t lie, but realize we can only control our own faith crisis - not that of others’.

My heart breaks thinking about destroyed relationships. I’m learning as much as I can and praying,

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Post by HereWeGo »

Thinker wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:31 am It’s not like we are the father but more like a friend of the son, who sees that the son needs to believe the lie for now - until he’s more mature & can handle more.
Isn't that what has happened with the majority of us? We grew up in the church and believed the things we were told. Many were lies, many just not true. But everything helped us get to where we were mature enough and open enough to learn and handle more. We are all at different places on that path of learning.

Many here are not mature enough and open enough to start out on this path of continued learning. They are content to stay safely nestled in the paradigm that the church has set up for them. Good for them. What we don't learn and master in this earthly experience will have to be learned and mastered in a future earthly experience. Lets make the best of what we have right now.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

HereWeGo wrote: February 7th, 2023, 3:39 pm
Thinker wrote: February 7th, 2023, 11:31 am It’s not like we are the father but more like a friend of the son, who sees that the son needs to believe the lie for now - until he’s more mature & can handle more.
Isn't that what has happened with the majority of us? We grew up in the church and believed the things we were told. Many were lies, many just not true. But everything helped us get to where we were mature enough and open enough to learn and handle more. We are all at different places on that path of learning.

Many here are not mature enough and open enough to start out on this path of continued learning. They are content to stay safely nestled in the paradigm that the church has set up for them. Good for them. What we don't learn and master in this earthly experience will have to be learned and mastered in a future earthly experience. Lets make the best of what we have right now.
Well put.
It’s the story of our lives - Adam & Eve in a nutshell. Some never partake of the fruit of knowledge so they lack oil in their lamps to be able to see clearly. The garden of Eden is like living under parental “authority.” Some never move out - are dammed/stopped from moving on - stuck with childish, disempowering ways from imitating authority lies. Others move out but get lost because they were too used to being told what to think & do & don’t look to the real authority (God).

Being lost, I think, is going too far down a path of lies. Being saved from being lost requires humility to consider mistakes, prioritizing truth even above “comfortable lies” & correcting course. This is not just philosophical musings - but can be life or death, sickness or health because deep truths that are ignored, tend to try other ways like through dis-ease to get our attention.

I’ve seen this with myself and others. “Feelings buried alive never die.”
“As a man thinketh in his heart so is he.”

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

David13 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 10:45 pm
Does your god (God?) work in a chemical laboratory somewhere, conjuring up concoctions to inject into unsuspecting individuals? Does your god (God?) work for Dow Chemical? Or any of the pharmaceutical companies?

I know my God does not.
dc
Well as far as god's occupation (the Father, we all know what Jesus did). A revelation was shared with me a while back when I was just finishing flying F-111's. A very righteous man I know had this vision. He saw the entrance to Judgement day and the gate, where Peter was standing to allow only the righteous to enter for the resurrection of the just. In his vision, he had just crashed his jet and was headed to the gate. The line was very long for some reason that day, likely due to an ongoing war. He was losing patience as all these people were in line ahead of him and obviously they were not getting in, but they kept arguing with Peter until finally he would turn them away. The he saw another man, also a fighter pilot with his flight suit on and helmet in hand. He walked right up to the front and saluted and Peter let him in. He then realized that he didn't have to wait in the long line as his temple covenants allowed his to skip the line as the salute must be symbolic of the temple signs. So, he headed to Peter and saluted him. Peter told him to go get back in line and now at the very end. He said Peter didn't understand, he was LDS, had his endowments and was now a war hero, like the man Peter had just let in. Peter shook his head and said, "no you are the one that doesn't understand! That was god. He thinks he is a fighter pilot. Buy you are a fighter pilot that thinks he is god!" So, god is a fighter pilot!

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Really strange... I wasn't able to submit a post for a day or so.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 6th, 2023, 12:33 pm
No, it's not a godsend
So is it appropriate to, at minimum, have a discussion about how this is killing people? I mean, by making such a claim as they have, they've literally taken the name of the lord in vain. Of course, the TBMs will simply dismiss this outright, by citing the legal team and their invitation to ask a doctor.
Yes we need to have the discussion on how the vaccine is killing people. Can President Nelson save face? Should he? Would God allow him to? I don't know.... I don't want to take the name of the Lord in vain either in accusing someone when they are dealing with more factors than what I know. Can you agree that Jesus taught people to agree with thine enemy while in the way with them, in order to prevent something evil from happening to them?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:39 pm
Yes we need to have the discussion on how the vaccine is killing people. Can President Nelson save face? Should he? Would God allow him to? I don't know.... I don't want to take the name of the Lord in vain either in accusing someone when they are dealing with more factors than what I know. Can you agree that Jesus taught people to agree with thine enemy while in the way with them, in order to prevent something evil from happening to them?
What do you mean “should he”? I know the church teaches they don’t apologize, but yes, they should not only offer a MASSIVE apology, but they should help pay the families of members who died from this. Of course God would allow him to.

BTW, claiming that this jab came from God is taking the name of God in vain.

What Jesus didn’t teach us was to not accept and condone sin.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

He is a heart surgeon. They are used to having people live and die by their decisions and never look back. Other GA's might, not likely a renowned heart surgeon however. Cannot ever see him, even recognizing the issue, even if someone had the ....... to push hard enough for them to see it.

I mean I have had similar conversations about vax decisions with about 5 people I know that have had complications. They don't see the link, they just don't see it, let alone feel bad for it. (But, my wife seems to be worrying more each day about her J&J, thank heavens for he pre-jab blessing).

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

These are the people leading the church BTW: (Isaiah 56)

9 All ye beasts of the field, come to devour, yea, all ye beasts in the forest.

10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:49 pm These are the people leading the church BTW: (Isaiah 56)

10 His watchmen are blind: they are all ignorant, they are all dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.

11 Yea, they are greedy dogs which can never have enough, and they are shepherds that cannot understand: they all look to their own way, every one for his gain, from his quarter.

12 Come ye, say they, I will fetch wine, and we will fill ourselves with strong drink; and to morrow shall be as this day, and much more abundant.
Do you believe it is possible the church is fighting infiltration from secret societies? If they do apologize, will you feel better? Or will you still doubt that they are prophets? Are you still in the church? Is this issue a cause for leaving do you think?
Last edited by Juliet on February 7th, 2023, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:48 pm He is a heart surgeon. They are used to having people live and die by their decisions and never look back. Other GA's might, not likely a renowned heart surgeon however. Cannot ever see him, even recognizing the issue, even if someone had the ....... to push hard enough for them to see it.

I mean I have had similar conversations about vax decisions with about 5 people I know that have had complications. They don't see the link, they just don't see it, let alone feel bad for it. (But, my wife seems to be worrying more each day about her J&J, thank heavens for he pre-jab blessing).
He “was”… 40 years ago. I was born right before he stopped practicing. That’s a loooong time. BTW, that has nothing to do with the fact that they have blood on their hands. You guys thing these men who head the church are some of the ignorant and out-of-touch people on the planet. And they have to be to continue beating the “safe and effective” drum…

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:51 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:49 pm These are the people leading the church BTW: (Isaiah 56)

Do you believe it is possible the church is fighting infiltration from secret societies?
No way, not at all!! None!! They ARE the secret societies!! The are using MK ultra and other programs. They are sucking the teet of Babylon and ushering in the NWO.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:52 pm

Do you believe it is possible the church is fighting infiltration from secret societies?
No way, not at all!! None!! They ARE the secret societies!! The are using MK ultra and other programs.
Are you still in the church then?
Last edited by Juliet on February 7th, 2023, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

lets look at the preceding verses that tell of the favor those who stick to "observing" the ordinances and receive blessings.
For thus says Jehovah: As for the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths and choose to do what I will—
holding fast to my covenant—
5 to them I will give a handclasp and a name within the walls of my house that is better than sons and daughters; I will endow them with an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.

Lets see a handclasp and name and will be "endowed"............ Even though as you say in the later verses it says the watchmen are not doing to well.......................... NEVER, EVER DOES ISAIAH SAY TO GET OUTOF THE BOAT! Might should read the entire chapter first!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:53 pm

No way, not at all!! None!! They ARE the secret societies!! The are using MK ultra and other programs.
Do you know this is true by the Holy Spirit?
I have spent a lot of time in this space and I have asked the Lord many questions. I don’t expect anyone to believe the way I do, but yes I have receive my witness that various players in the church are not who they pretend to be.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:58 pm

I have spent a lot of time in this space and I have asked the Lord many questions. I don’t expect anyone to believe the way I do, but yes I have receive my witness that various players in the church are not who they pretend to be.
I agree, I have felt the Holy Spirit witness this to me too. But I don't exactly know what to do about it. Because the devil likes to stir up strife...and there is little evidence of this type of evil. Sometimes I wonder why the evidence is so well hidden.... are we as members not doing our jobs? Is God preventing the evidence from coming out to give people time to repent?

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

TheDuke wrote: February 7th, 2023, 7:57 pm

lets look at the preceding verses that tell of the favor those who stick to "observing" the ordinances and receive blessings.
For thus says Jehovah: As for the eunuchs who keep my Sabbaths and choose to do what I will—
holding fast to my covenant—
5 to them I will give a handclasp and a name within the walls of my house that is better than sons and daughters; I will endow them with an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.

Lets see a handclasp and name and will be "endowed"............ Even though as you say in the later verses it says the watchmen are not doing to well.......................... NEVER, EVER DOES ISAIAH SAY TO GET OUTOF THE BOAT! Might should read the entire chapter first!
You think the covenant will stay in this “boat” that is on fire and full of holes, full of abominations and wickedness? He told us Himself that He’ll take the fullness of the gospel from them. That’s they the ancient servants called out the pride and arrogance of the latter-day prophets, they were so high-minded of themselves to think the Lord wouldn’t remove Himself and his gospel from them.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:01 pm
I agree, I have felt the Holy Spirit witness this to me too. But I don't exactly know what to do about it. Because the devil likes to stir up strife...and there is little evidence of this type of evil. Sometimes I wonder why the evidence is so well hidden.... are we as members not doing our jobs? Is God preventing the evidence from coming out to give people time to repent?
Liars lie, that’s what they do. It’s their MO. They abscond and twist the truth. They are dishonest and manipulative. They preach truth and lies. They speak with forked tongue. Wolves wear all the vestiges of the sheep, yet they are pure evil, willing to feast on the flock… and that may have been literal and figurative.

BTW, there’s a lot out there if a person is willing to go down the rabbit hole.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:03 pm
Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:01 pm

Liars lie, that’s what they do. It’s the MO. The abscond and twist the truth. They are dishonest and manipulative. The preach truth and lies. The speak with forked tongue. Wolves wear all the vestiges of the sheep, yet they are pure evil, willing to feast on the flock… and that may have been literal and figurative.
But... if one is not careful... complaining about it will get one kicked out of the church

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Juliet wrote: February 7th, 2023, 8:05 pm But... if one is not careful... complaining about it will get one kicked out of the church
And why does that matter? Do you think the Lord supports any organization that teaches doctrines that directly contradict His teachings? He said that he’d take the fullness of the gospel from among them. 3 Nephi 16:10-11.