My new Youtube Channel- Latter-day Dude

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Sirius
captain of 100

Re: My new Youtube Channel- Latter-day Dude

Post by Sirius »

edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:38 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 31st, 2023, 11:07 am
edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.
Ed, don't give up on people. Sure, some don't care to learn or simply want to argue, but there are those you benefit from a healthy back and forth dialogue. I understand your time is short and not responding may be a needed break, but investing in people is always the best investment and you just might win somebody over.
I won a few over when I was here the last several times, years ago, and in other forums, but at an extremely high cost to my mental well being. So I don't think I will be responding much. Like for example, this Luke character on here that came off insulting me the very first thing. He is on my foes list already. Why should I take even a millisecond of my time responding to that?
How can you expect anyone to take you serious when you're this sensitive? He wasn't insulting you. You took it as such. So many people want to speak about Christ and his doctrine, and even consider themselves his followers. Yet, become so offended by everyone that doesn't agree with or see the same way they do. Imagine if Jesus Christ, whom these people claim to follow, acted that way.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Deleted… :)
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 4th, 2023, 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:47 pm
edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 3:34 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:10 am What is your view of the Brethren, just so we can understand your perspective? I don’t care to debate the point, just to know where you stand. It really gets to the heart of a lot of things and helps me know where I should or shouldn’t spend my time.
Most know that I not only do not speak evil of them. I zealously defend them. So, with most people on here who do speak evil of them as a natural, daily occurrence as I have seen, I might as well not even speak to them about it, or almost about anything for that matter. I have no patience for it, and there is never an excuse for it no matter what anyone says. People know what is required of them in their temple covenants.
Zealous is a good term for that type of behavior. Thanks for the response btw. I find your definition of “speak evil” to be interesting… but alas it wouldn’t profit us much to discuss it since you’ve made your intentions clear.

Just a thought, if it is never the place to “speak ill” of prophets, then why to the scriptures (ancient prophets) condemn latter-day servants and prophets repeatedly for their sinful practices and behavior?
I have no idea what you are talking about, as I do not concur in the least bit. I'm sure you think you have some idea of what you want to say. Let's leave it at that.
Last edited by edgoble123 on February 4th, 2023, 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Sirius wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:01 pm
edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.
Ed, don't give up on people. Sure, some don't care to learn or simply want to argue, but there are those you benefit from a healthy back and forth dialogue. I understand your time is short and not responding may be a needed break, but investing in people is always the best investment and you just might win somebody over.
I won a few over when I was here the last several times, years ago, and in other forums, but at an extremely high cost to my mental well being. So I don't think I will be responding much. Like for example, this Luke character on here that came off insulting me the very first thing. He is on my foes list already. Why should I take even a millisecond of my time responding to that?
How can you expect anyone to take you serious when you're this sensitive? He wasn't insulting you. You took it as such. So many people want to speak about Christ and his doctrine, and even consider themselves his followers. Yet, become so offended by everyone that doesn't agree with or see the same way they do. Imagine if Jesus Christ, whom these people claim to follow, acted that way.
I certainly do not expect you to take me seriously. I didn't ask for your approval anyway. You can choose whether or not you make yourself to be on my foe list. As for now, you are.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:39 pm I have no idea what you are talking about, as I do not concur in the least bit. I'm sure you think you have some idea of what you want to say. Let's leave it at that.
I’m actually amazed that I’m not on your foe list yet. Maybe I can still make a good impression. :)

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:43 pm
edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:39 pm I have no idea what you are talking about, as I do not concur in the least bit. I'm sure you think you have some idea of what you want to say. Let's leave it at that.
I’m actually amazed that I’m not on your foe list yet. Maybe I can still make a good impression. :)
I guess it depends on whether you decide to make remarks about my attitude or behavior where you make judgements of my character like these other people have just minutes ago. I have no patience for it. You guys can make foes of yourselves if you choose. I am not here to contend. Do what you want. If you want a friend of me, its all on you.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:46 pm
I guess it depends on whether you decide to make remarks about my attitude or behavior where you make judgements of my character like these other people have just minutes ago. I have no patience for it. You guys can make foes of yourselves if you choose. I am not here to contend. Do what you want. If you want a friend of me, its all on you.
Hey, that leaves the door open for doctrinal discussions. I’m up for that. That’s why I included that question earlier about ancient prophets condemning modern servants. But, then again, some topics tend to be off-limits for some people.
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on February 5th, 2023, 8:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:47 pm
edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:46 pm
Hey, that leaves the door open for doctrinal discussions. I’m up for that.
Sounds like a plan stan, if you want productivity. Again, that's all on you.

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Sirius wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:01 pm He wasn't insulting you.
You can say it wasn't insulting, but he called him childish and whiney, a very cold and heartless welcome to the forum by any standard.

BroJones
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by BroJones »

edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
This is my new youtube channel for those that are truly interested. It would be very appreciated if those of you truly interested in the material would subscribe. Those of you who are my enemies here, well, you can do as you please, but if you choose not to be friendly with me or troll me, there will be no response.

I am also to be a regular co-host from now on with lots of cross-overs with The Last Dispensation youtube channel. You will be able to see now on that channel that I have been interviewed multiple times now, and there is interest for all kinds of cooperation, although on my own channel I will have quite a bit of content that will not cross over.

For those interested, this is my facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/237172870738407

This is my academia.edu site for those interested in my papers: http://independent.academia.edu/EdwinGoble/

I have decided to come back here for a few purposes, but not likely for the purpose of being a regular poster in conversations here again with people that disagree with me. I will be mostly perhaps to people of my era that were truly my friends. I do not plan to respond to many who are not from my era on here, who are not friendly to me, after the meltdown the last time I tried to be here. For those who were offended last time, I apologize, but I have to draw a line in participation to a degree after the last time I tried to come back and what happened. There is a definite difference between ideology now between me and many of the new generation on this forum. There has been a hard anti-"Brethrenite" shift here. It's too bad that that had to turn into a battle the last few times. It doesn't have to be that way, and I would ask that you simply live and let live.

Unfortunately, I have found no online home like LDSFF, even on my own facebook group, which never prospered much. This still has to be a place that I feel like I have to have a presence at, if only for notifications on my youtube videos now for those truly interested. I have no intent to respond to trolling when people who disagree with me on areas like the Brethren and on young earth/old earth here. I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.

Maybe it is best to be here for the sake of having a presence here so people can contact me if necessary who I have something to do with here already from the good old days, if they are still here. This forum has definitely changed in tone, but I think I have a few friends left here. But again, I'm posting with my real name, because trying to have a different persona here never worked. There is no TBM forum here of any kind, so TBMs like me have little choice but to be here or not be here, and put up with what else is here, but I don't have to even choose to respond anymore to people that don't know how to live and let live. If you don't intend to be friendly with me, you might as well not respond.

Ed Goble
Welcome anytime, Ed. Good to hear from you.
So I went to your site and found this video, which I'm listening to today, regarding geography and the Book of Mormon setting:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zi_n5YaUxpg

I have to ask you about HOW the Nephites practiced the law of Moses, in particular, did they use actual LAMBS in their sacrificial rites?

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 4th, 2023, 9:40 pm
You can say it wasn't insulting, but he called him childish and whiney, a very cold and heartless welcome to the forum by any standard.
So insulting, that you liked my comment, implying your agreement.

He was being childish and whiny. If I was acting the same, I would like to think that I would be able to take people’s advise to stop on board and adjust my behaviour accordingly in the spirit of humility. It’s unfortunate that Ed has only doubled down.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BroJones wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:21 am
regarding geography and the Book of Mormon setting:

I have to ask you about HOW the Nephites practiced the law of Moses, in particular, did they use actual LAMBS in their sacrificial rites?
Is Ed on board with it taking place in the United Kingdom. :?:

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Post by Shawn Henry »

Luke wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:25 am

He was being childish and whiny. If I was acting the same, I would like to think that I would be able to take people’s advise to stop on board and adjust my behaviour accordingly in the spirit of humility. It’s unfortunate that Ed has only doubled down.
I liked it simply because I'm appreciative of how thick skinned you are, but you did offer him a rather cold welcome. I think you could have first welcomed him and then given your feedback in a less offensive tone while being just as blunt. That's just my worthless opinion though. Sorry if I overstepped by inserting it when it wasn't asked for.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 5th, 2023, 11:27 am
Luke wrote: February 5th, 2023, 7:25 am

I liked it simply because I'm appreciative of how thick skinned you are, but you did offer him a rather cold welcome. I think you could have first welcomed him and then given your feedback in a less offensive tone while being just as blunt. That's just my worthless opinion though. Sorry if I overstepped by inserting it when it wasn't asked for.
I perhaps could have been nicer and/or more tactful. I’ll make it clear now that my intention wasn’t to offend, only to be straight up and honest.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

BeNotDeceived wrote: February 5th, 2023, 8:29 am
regarding geography and the Book of Mormon setting:

Is Ed on board with it taking place in the United Kingdom. :?:
Nope. Has to be in america.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

edgoble123 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:25 am https://www.youtube.com/@latterdaydude
This is my new youtube channel for those that are truly interested. It would be very appreciated if those of you truly interested in the material would subscribe. Those of you who are my enemies here, well, you can do as you please, but if you choose not to be friendly with me or troll me, there will be no response.

I am also to be a regular co-host from now on with lots of cross-overs with The Last Dispensation youtube channel. You will be able to see now on that channel that I have been interviewed multiple times now, and there is interest for all kinds of cooperation, although on my own channel I will have quite a bit of content that will not cross over.

For those interested, this is my facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/237172870738407

This is my academia.edu site for those interested in my papers: http://independent.academia.edu/EdwinGoble/

I have decided to come back here for a few purposes, but not likely for the purpose of being a regular poster in conversations here again with people that disagree with me. I will be mostly perhaps to people of my era that were truly my friends. I do not plan to respond to many who are not from my era on here, who are not friendly to me, after the meltdown the last time I tried to be here. For those who were offended last time, I apologize, but I have to draw a line in participation to a degree after the last time I tried to come back and what happened. There is a definite difference between ideology now between me and many of the new generation on this forum. There has been a hard anti-"Brethrenite" shift here. It's too bad that that had to turn into a battle the last few times. It doesn't have to be that way, and I would ask that you simply live and let live.

Unfortunately, I have found no online home like LDSFF, even on my own facebook group, which never prospered much. This still has to be a place that I feel like I have to have a presence at, if only for notifications on my youtube videos now for those truly interested. I have no intent to respond to trolling when people who disagree with me on areas like the Brethren and on young earth/old earth here. I have made a decision to just simply not respond to you at all. If you have issues with my beliefs on things like that, you might as well not even talk to me, because it wiil be the hand in response.

Maybe it is best to be here for the sake of having a presence here so people can contact me if necessary who I have something to do with here already from the good old days, if they are still here. This forum has definitely changed in tone, but I think I have a few friends left here. But again, I'm posting with my real name, because trying to have a different persona here never worked. There is no TBM forum here of any kind, so TBMs like me have little choice but to be here or not be here, and put up with what else is here, but I don't have to even choose to respond anymore to people that don't know how to live and let live. If you don't intend to be friendly with me, you might as well not respond.

Ed Goble
Welcome anytime, Ed. Good to hear from you.
So I went to your site and found this video, which I'm listening to today, regarding geography and the Book of Mormon setting:

Thank you. I appreciate it Bro Jones.

I don't likely have the answer to this, except I take the Book of Mormon at its word in general about the things that it says, in most cases, literally, except when I have a good reason not to take it literally. So, I assume there were real sheep in Book of Mormon times in America, just as I assume there were real horses. No archaeological evidence for something yet does not justify becoming so loose that we turn horses into tapirs, and chariots into sleds. Heber J. Grant was once speaking to an Anti who said that the Book of Mormon is not true because of no evidence for cement at the time. President Grant said in essence, I don't care if its my children's or grandchildren's generation when they will find cement, but that I know the Book of Mormon is true. Now cement is known to be very plentiful in places all over Mesoamerica like Teotihuacan. I take it at its word that there were sheep and horses. And I don't care how long it takes for the evidence to emerge. I don't believe in being squishy with words like people like Brant Gardner does, without good reason.

On the other hand, I believe that the young earth creationist parts of the Book of Mormon need to be taken figuratively to a degree, because my good reason is that science, as I see it, has shown the reality of death before Adam and the way life emerged. Therefore, for that, I have good reason to say its figurative in those instances.
Last edited by edgoble123 on February 5th, 2023, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Since it was brought to my attention in this thread that "Latter day Dude" was a name of a church named for the "dude" in the Big Libowsky movie, I have chosen to change the name of my youtube channel at this time.

It is now Exploring the Restoration

https://www.youtube.com/@exploringtherestoration

And again, my academia.edu profile is found here in the following link, with my research:
https://independent.academia.edu/EdwinGoble

Thank you

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

edgoble123 wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:40 pm
Sirius wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:01 pm
I certainly do not expect you to take me seriously. I didn't ask for your approval anyway. You can choose whether or not you make yourself to be on my foe list. As for now, you are.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

edgoble123 wrote: February 8th, 2023, 10:35 am
Exploring the Restoration
The half baked restoration. :lol:

PI anyone, or

Better yet 57.2957.❗️

CMajor
captain of 100

Post by CMajor »

Speaking evil of the Lord's annointed. I thought in my younger days, that I knew who this statement referred to.
Today I believe it refers to all those who have been annointed. Does the Lord play favorites with us?

Equal standing before God.

By wearing the same temple clothing, we are all equal before God. No way to tell who is rich or poor.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

CMajor wrote: February 20th, 2023, 12:26 pm Speaking evil of the Lord's annointed. I thought in my younger days, that I knew who this statement referred to.
Today I believe it refers to all those who have been annointed. Does the Lord play favorites with us?

Equal standing before God.

By wearing the same temple clothing, we are all equal before God. No way to tell who is rich or poor.
Definitely true.

I think what I'm saying is that people use the fact that all endowed people are anointed to ignore the fact that it is especially grievous in a way to treat those with the keys with contempt and speak evil of them, just because someone disagrees with, say, a certain fraternity someone was a part of in younger years, or say, because someone makes an alliance with a Global organization that certain people associate (in conspiracy theories) to a secret combination. The reality is, gadiantonism is spread throughout all the earth, and all organizations. so I don't see how just because some communists were at work at the core of the establishment of the UN, that they are somehow at the helm of it now, or even if in some of it, certainly, not all. The UN is too spread out and watered down in its influence in certain ways, and too big for that. There are too many NGOs, etc. the UN and NGOs are now no more evil than, say, Chase Manhattan bank, or the Catholic Church. You are going to find some gadiantons in those, but the Church still works with the Catholics. I don't know that you can get away from trying to make alliances with lesser evils in our day..

Not all communists and socialists are evil people, and not all are gadiantons or conspirators. Yes, its true that they are mistaken as to political ideology. But the grand majority are just do-gooders who mistakenly believe that Mao and Che and Fidel had all the answers, not evil conspirators that want to kill everyone.

I don't know if our church is infiltrated at some local levels. I have no answer to that. I do not believe, as some posters do, that it is infiltrated in the general authority levels. Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Its just not true that all Masonic organizations and all members of Skull and Bones are evil people. The world just doesn't work like that anymore. It doesn't matter that at times there have been evil members of whatever organization in the past, or illuminati infiltration in Masonry in the 1700's. Masonry is not monolithic. There is not just one Masonry, but many, that are unaffiliated with each other.

some organizations are lesser evils than others. It doesn't seem to matter what the brethren do. they can never catch a break, even though the Spirit I believe is mostly directing them in the actions they take. And certainly, they try to make sure that they do things legally. They can never seem to please everybody. And many posters on this forum well never give them the benefit of the doubt, even though if the titanic captain had the kind of vision our prophets have, the titanic would have avoided the iceberg. Our prophets are steering us around icebergs all the time. There are some direct attacks that still come upon us regardless of what anyone does.

And so, no, I am not an anti-vaxxer, and the truth of the matter is, the spike protein comes from both the vaccine and the virus. if you have a bad reaction to the spike protein, regardless of where you get it from, then its a sad reality that you have that bad reaction to it. For the grand majority of us, the vaccine worked great. I gladly had the jab multiple times, and was thankful for the counsel from the prophet on that. It was inspired and science/evidence based. Unfortunately the anti-science individuals among us have blown this way out of proportion in their anti-science nonsense. Yes, its true, Fauci lied, blah blah. the vaccine was affective for most of us. The draconian governmental edicts were stupid, and brought out the worst in all little-napolenonic governmental leaders

There are some posters on this forum that are so fundamentalist that it doesn't matter to them what the covenants we make are in ordinances. They only care, like the Pharisees, that the ordinances can never be changed, so they think, by those in authority. The world doesn't work like that either. The covenants are what matter, not the mechanics

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

edgoble123 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:11 pm And many posters on this forum well never give them the benefit of the doubt, even though if the titanic captain had the kind of vision our prophets have, the titanic would have avoided the iceberg.
A very strange statement which there is no way of proving or even evidencing whatsoever.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:11 pm I gladly had the jab multiple times, and was thankful for the counsel from the prophet on that. It was inspired and science/evidence based. Unfortunately the anti-science individuals among us have blown this way out of proportion in their anti-science nonsense. Yes, its true, Fauci lied, blah blah. the vaccine was affective for most of us. The draconian governmental edicts were stupid, and brought out the worst in all little-napolenonic governmental leaders
Uh....... ok.

"The speed of science!"

Inspired by the god of this world maybe.

edgoble123
captain of 100

Post by edgoble123 »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:15 pm
edgoble123 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 1:11 pm I gladly had the jab multiple times, and was thankful for the counsel from the prophet on that. It was inspired and science/evidence based. Unfortunately the anti-science individuals among us have blown this way out of proportion in their anti-science nonsense. Yes, its true, Fauci lied, blah blah. the vaccine was affective for most of us. The draconian governmental edicts were stupid, and brought out the worst in all little-napolenonic governmental leaders
Uh....... ok.

"The speed of science!"

Seems like a Rod-Meldrum-esque/Heartlander inspired comment. The movers and shakers that have taken us back to the middle ages in the Church. Oh how awesome.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

edgoble123 wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:58 pm
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 20th, 2023, 2:15 pm
Uh....... ok.

"The speed of science!"

Seems like a Rod-Meldrum-esque/Heartlander inspired comment. The movers and shakers that have taken us back to the middle ages in the Church. Oh how awesome.