What did Berisheet mean when it was first written?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

What did Berisheet mean when it was first written?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://compass.org/the-berisheet-prophecy/ wrote:
Each Hebrew letter has a number, a picture and a word attached to it. So Jews could read the words or understand the pictures to read God’s Word. Numbers are specific and added even more depth of understanding, but we'll leave them for another day.
Did the Hebrew characters have numerical values from the get go. :?:

Perhaps English characters represent numbers too.❗️

Could God do that. :?:

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: What did Berisheet mean when it was first written?

Post by Niemand »

Perhaps English characters represent numbers too.❗️
They can do. After all we have two or three systems using our alphabet.

The first and most obvious would be Roman numerals, although they do not take in all letters. A word like COVID can be seen to contain, "VI" (6), "C" (100) and "D" (500). Move them around and we find the number DCVI which is 606 or the computer reset code. The O is not a number in Roman numerals.

Secondly there are other numerological systems. The problem arises in that several of our letters are derived from others, e.g. U & V are originally the same letter, as as I & J. W is literally what its name says, i.e. "double U".

viewtopic.php?p=1314910&hilit=Bereshit#p1314910

First verse of the Bible
בְּרֵאשִׁית בָּרָא אֱלֹהִים אֵת הַשָּׁמַיִם וְאֵת הָאָרֶץ
Bereshit bara Elohim et hashamayim ve'et ha'aretz.
In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
This is with the Masoretic vowel pointing (the dots and lines beneath and above the Hebrew letters). Note that not everyone agrees with this, so there is some room for interpretation. Remember Hebrew is written right to left unlike English, the Hebrew alphabet has also changed from a more angular form into the curvy variety we see today.

In this verse we can see "אֱלֹהִים" (Elohim), a plural form of El for God. More than one.

The very first word of the Bible "בְּרֵאשִׁית" ( bereshit) has various things hidden inside it. These have tended to pass by any of those Hebrew scholars who reject Christ.

* It includes both "א" aleph and "ת" tav, since these are the first and last letters of the Hebrew alphabet, they are sort of equivalent to Alpha and Omega in Greek (but not phonetically), i.e. the beginning and end. The same combination appears three times in the sentence, in the fourth word of the verse "אֵת" and in the second last word between the words for Heaven and Earth.
* There is a hidden cross in the last letter "ת" or tav. In the current Hebrew alphabet this is not obvious, but in the old Hebrew script which Moses would have used this would be "𐤁𐤓𐤀𐤔𐤉𐤕" — with the last letter tav being "𐤕".
* The first two letters bet and resh (with no vowel pointing) give us "בּר" (or "𐤁𐤓" in old script br), which can be read as "bar" meaning "son". The first letter of the Bible is "bet" and the last is the Greek letter "nu", whose equivalent is "nun" in Hebrew. The first and the last letters create the Hebrew word "BeN" which also means "son".
* The names of the first two letters "bet" and "resh" mean "house-head".
* If we turn it into two words, we get "in the firstfruits". This is a concept we find in 1 Corinthians 15.23 used to refer to Jesus.

The first sentence of Genesis alone has an incredible amount of information coded into it, a level of symmetry and so on. There are numerical things in there getting into Kabbalah territory, most of that is above my payscale. (There are Greek numbers encoded into the WHO logo as well, I have found those independently.)

The Paleo-Hebrew is not mine, although I did spot one thing that hasn't been mentioned elsewhere. "𐤁𐤓𐤀𐤔𐤉𐤕" doesn't just contain aleph and tav (the first and last Hebrew letters) in their own forms, it also appears to contain something resembling the Greek alpha and omega visually.

Alpha and Omega in Greek are Α & Ω (capitals), α & ω (small/lower case).

I've underlined the two relevant letters of Bereshit in the old Hebrew script "𐤁𐤓𐤀𐤔𐤉𐤕" — which resemble Α & ω (alpha and omega). These are the old forms of the Hebrew letters aleph and shin which are pronounced differently to the Greek, but have a visual resemblance.

There are a lot of other hidden meanings in the verse which are less relevant.

Merlin Wotan
Hi, I'm new.

Re: What did Berisheet mean when it was first written?

Post by Merlin Wotan »

The Jewish sages have much to say on this topic. Pages on pages are there freely for any one to study. Such as the Zohar. Joseph Smith king Follett Discourse. Also dives into this topic.