Psychologist believes 8 year olds are too young to make trans decisions AND decisions RE: their eternal salvation

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
nightlight
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Psychologist believes 8 year olds are too young to make trans decisions AND decisions RE: their eternal salvation

Post by nightlight »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:47 pm
nightlight wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 12:04 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:47 am
anonymous91 wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:42 am

I suspect that the average maturity level of an 8-year-old in Joseph Smith's time is much different than it is today. For one thing, most children at that age were outworking most teenagers today.
In other words, the parents are ripening generations to sin, one of them being transgenderism. Not be happy with their bodies / identity due to idle hands.

We started this with the stay at home mother who didn’t have to run a small farm to feed her family.
A mother should only be a stay-at-home mom if she has to run a small farm??? 😂

Dude that is nonsense

A woman should stay at home to care for the kids and house.....not out working for the government and having the state raise the children.

What are you taking about my guy lol

This started exactly because women aren't in the home
I know to many TBM’s with 2-3 kids, mom stays at home and the state raises the kids. I’m not even going to talk about the dominance the women demands In running the household in today’s clown world, which is a sin. 2 Nephi 13:12

Women worked in Jesus day, wine press and grinding mill, alongside men.

Was Adam only commanded to feed the family?

You should be one with your wife…..
Women in jesus's time were self-sufficient....as were the husbands. Apples and oranges

Lol to think it's better for a wife to have a 9-to-5 job than be at your house is silly. My wife is doing things all day that need to be done that I can't do cuz I work. No, she does not grind at the mill or wine press lol just as I'm sure you don't live a self-sufficient lifestyle

Are you married with children?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Psychologist believes 8 year olds are too young to make trans decisions AND decisions RE: their eternal salvation

Post by Niemand »

tribrac wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 8:55 am Maybe I misread that, I think the psychologist is using LDS baptism as an example of why kids should be able to be talked into mutilation.
The shrink tried a bit of whataboutery to justify that, but did raise a serious point about baptising children so young.

We complain about baptising babies, yet quite happily baptise children who are barely old enough to know what they're getting into and this causes trouble later.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

nightlight wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 2:07 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 1:47 pm
nightlight wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 12:04 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:47 am

In other words, the parents are ripening generations to sin, one of them being transgenderism. Not be happy with their bodies / identity due to idle hands.

We started this with the stay at home mother who didn’t have to run a small farm to feed her family.
A mother should only be a stay-at-home mom if she has to run a small farm??? 😂

Dude that is nonsense

A woman should stay at home to care for the kids and house.....not out working for the government and having the state raise the children.

What are you taking about my guy lol

This started exactly because women aren't in the home
I know to many TBM’s with 2-3 kids, mom stays at home and the state raises the kids. I’m not even going to talk about the dominance the women demands In running the household in today’s clown world, which is a sin. 2 Nephi 13:12

Women worked in Jesus day, wine press and grinding mill, alongside men.

Was Adam only commanded to feed the family?

You should be one with your wife…..
Women in jesus's time were self-sufficient....as were the husbands. Apples and oranges

Lol to think it's better for a wife to have a 9-to-5 job than be at your house is silly. My wife is doing things all day that need to be done that I can't do cuz I work. No, she does not grind at the mill or wine press lol just as I'm sure you don't live a self-sufficient lifestyle

Are you married with children?
I find this humorous. “ Women in jesus's time were self-sufficient....as were the husbands. Apples and oranges”

Women have devolution?

I have 4 kids, married my oldest one off last December…

I have a wife.

Theveilofforgetting
captain of 50

Post by Theveilofforgetting »

I was 8 when I was baptised. I didn't fully understand. I was not raised in the church til then which probably didn't help.

My daughter was 8, she was excited at the time but has no memory of it now at 23.

My sons were older and I think it is far better. I loved seeing my teens really consider it.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Theveilofforgetting wrote: February 4th, 2023, 1:37 am I was 8 when I was baptised. I didn't fully understand. I was not raised in the church til then which probably didn't help.

My daughter was 8, she was excited at the time but has no memory of it now at 23.

My sons were older and I think it is far better. I loved seeing my teens really consider it.
Wise