Elder Andersen Normalizing Damar Hamlin's Collapse

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Elder Andersen Normalizing Damar Hamlin's Collapse

Post by Chip »

In a talk from Elder Andersen a few weeks ago, he used the Damar Hamlin situation to talk about people's tendency to pray when in hard situations.

I can't NOT think that the utility in bringing this all up was to further normalize what happened as a random incident and to steer everyone away from supposing the vaxx played a role. Here is that part:

https://youtu.be/4V5EfS-2u6A?t=262

He goes on later to tell everyone in a myriad of ways that they need to come to church, be a part of things, and not listen to people who have negative feelings about the church. He uses lots of clips of naive youth to deliver the message.

You know, if the church was all that, people would WANT to be engaged and this constant drumbeat of veiled damage-control and stay-in-the-boat wouldn't be part of most every message coming from them.
Last edited by Chip on February 3rd, 2023, 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ransomme
captain of 1,000

Re: Elder Anderson Normalizing Damar Hamlin's Collapse

Post by ransomme »

side note, he is a horrible public speaker

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Re: Elder Andersen Normalizing Damar Hamlin's Collapse

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 3:01 pm In a talk from Elder Andersen a few weeks ago, he used the Damar Hamlin situation to talk about people's tendency to pray when in hard situations.

I can't NOT think that the utility in bringing this all up was to further normalize what happened as a random incident and to steer everyone away from supposing the vaxx played a roll. Here is that part:

https://youtu.be/4V5EfS-2u6A?t=262

He goes on later to tell everyone in a myriad of ways that they need to come to church, be a part of things, and not listen to people who have negative feelings about the church. He uses lots of clips of naive youth to deliver the message.

You know, if the church was all that, people would WANT to be engaged and this constant drumbeat of veiled damage-control and stay-in-the-boat wouldn't be part of most every message coming from them.
Blatant pandering and distraction /damage control

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Such an argument can be made that these guys are simply RUNNING A BUSINESS.

I think the church used to do religion better, and God was more involved, but now it's devolved into cultism and corporate business.

Forever
captain of 50

Post by Forever »

I have a white friend who lived on the Navajo reservation years ago. He reported the Navajo corrupt stake president to HQ who had raped a teacher, stolen tithing, etc. Anderson was assigned to speak at very small showing at next stake conference. He told members to support their stake pres cuz he's a good man.

I can't watch them any more or get near a temple or church. It all makes me sick.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:11 pm Such an argument can be made that these guys are simply RUNNING A BUSINESS.

I think the church used to do religion better, and God was more involved, but now it's devolved into cultism and corporate business.
I'm not seeing the "normalization". No discussion of what happened or why, but pointing out something very, very true. Many people prayed, at least in their own way. Many sent money to charity. He never asked for anything in return. People demonstrated faith. Sure, it may be a thing of the moment, but people you would never expect said they prayed.... Not sure why you see evil in that. Do you have some corner on faith? Is it not fair to bring up seeing faith in other Americans? Do you only see evil? Just questioning what is said here as I don't see evil in it, and I do see a likely link with the Vax, but that isn't the point of a faith based talk now is it?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

TheDuke wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:54 pm
Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 4:11 pm Such an argument can be made that these guys are simply RUNNING A BUSINESS.

I'm not seeing the "normalization". No discussion of what happened or why, but pointing out something very, very true. Many people prayed, at least in their own way. Many sent money to charity. He never asked for anything in return. People demonstrated faith. Sure, it may be a thing of the moment, but people you would never expect said they prayed.... Not sure why you see evil in that. Do you have some corner on faith? Is it not fair to bring up seeing faith in other Americans? Do you only see evil? Just questioning what is said here as I don't see evil in it, and I do see a likely link with the Vax, but that isn't the point of a faith based talk now is it?

Yes, much good, but how convenient to tell the story to all the soft heads at BYU, since when someone else tells them that it could have been the vax, which it most-likely was, they will think, "Nah, one of our prophets just talked about that story. If such a thing was going on, they would have warned us way earlier." The other half of the story will be conveniently denied by those who do the thinking. So, while they point out the nice half of the story, I believe it's an opportunity to passively deny the other half of the story. We're talking about the greatest crime in the history of the world here. Our church leaders are neck deep in their covenant with death and hell, thinking that if they just play along, everything will go smoothly.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:04 pm
Really so that makes it ok to make up stuff that sounds negative and puts others down or no reason but to make up things from nothing. Not enough truth to pick on, need to make some up? Sad Chip, Sad.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

He is the uncle of one of my mission companions.
Our mission president occasionally would reach thru my companion to his uncle, for inside info/support for individual mission policies.

Our MP was pretty savvy, he moved the mission offices from the bucolic nice residential area it had previously been in, downtown to the tenth floor of the Presiding Bishopric Area Office, where General Authority Seventy Robert E. Wells was headquartered.

Our MP used inside connections to run a different type of mission organization, Like having six Assistants to the President, instead of zone leaders, and letting them plan transfers of who goes where.

He revised all the discussions to a much simpler storyline, and had a policy of never sending a missionary home.

Later, most of his inventions became wide spread policy, and he wrote a book on how to prepare to become a missionary, which became required reading in the MTC for awhile.

Then he was called as President of the Provo MTC, but never rose any higher in the hierarchy.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Those who are blinded by hatred or animosity sometimes see things that aren’t there.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

TheDuke wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:08 pm
Really so that makes it ok to make up stuff that sounds negative and puts others down or no reason but to make up things from nothing. Not enough truth to pick on, need to make some up? Sad Chip, Sad.

This stuff just jumps into my lap and I feel compelled to process it. Sad, perhaps. Mad, for sure.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:37 pm

This stuff just jumps into my lap and I feel compelled to process it. Sad, perhaps. Mad, for sure.
what mad that even people that watch NFL can pray? That LDS leader brings up faith example not found in side the chapel? Mad about what exactly? Misinterpreting what you read and putting in evil intent where there is none? Sad, angry "mad for sure" wrong spirit. HG doesn't teach that way.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

TheDuke wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:43 pm

what mad that even people that watch NFL can pray? That LDS leader brings up faith example not found in side the chapel? Mad about what exactly? Misinterpreting what you read and putting in evil intent where there is none? Sad, angry "mad for sure" wrong spirit. HG doesn't teach that way.
I think you are intentionally not getting my point. I am pretty sure several others here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:47 pm

I think you are intentionally not getting my point. I am pretty sure several others here know EXACTLY what I'm talking about.
I know exactly what you're talking about. But, to make your point, you make up falsehoods. That is improper and of no value to anyone.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

TheDuke wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:49 pm
Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:47 pm

I know exactly what you're talking about. But, to make your point, you make up falsehoods. That is improper and of no value to anyone.
Neither of us can know for sure what is going on in the leaders' minds. But we see patterns. The patterns probably indicate something. They have pushed the vaxx and completely avoided talking about the many people before them who've been killed and sickened by it. I could just as well call you a liar for denying what this all portends.

You've been really bothered by my ChatGPT postings. Maybe that has something to do with our sudden disagreement.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 5:59 pm
You've been really bothered by my ChatGPT postings. Maybe that has something to do with our sudden disagreement.
It is true, I am here for truth. I have been bothered by both lies/deception and phoney postings. But these two are different. The bot stuff has only been included within normal posts for a few day. These types of things, where someone makes up a phoney case to get made at leadership has been going on for some time and I have spoken up.

I don't want to speak up. I'm frustrated with leaders too, in every organization. But, making up lies and hypotheticals with evil intent only brings more hatred and evil into the world. Don't get me wrong hypotheticals are ok, if they are neutral or asking an honest question, even if to make a negative point. But, making up stuff like this or Sushi Chef's blatant fabrications of materials does not help. We need to discuss real issues, like the British guy exed for his beliefs of RMN's made up stories, or even who killed JS, or even what of LDS leaders and COVID and vaxes. But to put evil intent is wrong.

I have posted several anti-theses on Damar's story. I'm still pissed at the NFL for putting money over fairness for teams. But, I am somewhat amazed by all the stories of prayers on MSM. Then when an LDS leader mentions it, you have to make up some crap to be negative. Sickens me frankly.

ON the bot stuff, my point is people everywhere (like you and others) start playing with it, then you post it like it is real or human. Then FoxMamma gets off with some wierdo-crap of performing temple endowments on bots that are SOOOOO real, no one can tell them apart. Before long the AI or bots seem real to everyone, just like CNN years ago or MSM today. Then you'll &!@$# about how it happene and never realize that you did it, you were the cause, you brought the bots into everyones lives, you let the nose in the tent. Then for the hell of it, you'll blame me for being an AI techie.........chew on the truth for a few minutes.

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

I too think it's a story about prayer and not necessarily about normalization. But... No one seems to remember the BYU basketball star who was harmed immediately from the vax and still hasn't recovered. No talk about prayers for that poor kid.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Highlighting prayer is fine… but for hell’s sake, he was jabbed not long before this incident.

This is the same thing I’ve mentioned over and over again. They speak with forked tongue.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

This is like watching a babysitter inject poison into a baby and then everyone sits around praying that the baby will get better… and nobody looks at the babysitter or even questions what the heck happened.

Forever
captain of 50

Post by Forever »

What happened with the Q12 doing their job, which is to testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that they have seen Him face to face?

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Forever wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:52 pm What happened with the Q12 doing their job, which is to testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that they have seen Him face to face?

If only someone could ask them, but they have arranged things to make the inquiry impossible. It's preferable to them that we are left wondering than to know the truth - and make an informed decision about our own continued involvement.

cyclOps
captain of 1,000

Post by cyclOps »

Chip wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 10:09 pm
Forever wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 9:52 pm What happened with the Q12 doing their job, which is to testify that Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer and that they have seen Him face to face?

If only someone could ask them, but they have arranged things to make the inquiry impossible. It's preferable to them that we are left wondering than to know the truth - and make an informed decision about our own continued involvement.
Yeah, whatever did happen to them testifying that Jesus is the Christ?

You can’t make this up…

Ymarsakar
captain of 1,000

Post by Ymarsakar »

Yes, much good, but how convenient to tell the story to all the soft heads at BYU, since when someone else tells them that it could have been the vax, which it most-likely was, they will think, "Nah, one of our prophets just talked about that story. If such a thing was going on, they would have warned us way earlier." The other half of the story will be conveniently denied by those who do the thinking. So, while they point out the nice half of the story, I believe it's an opportunity to passively deny the other half of the story. We're talking about the greatest crime in the history of the world here. Our church leaders are neck deep in their covenant with death and hell, thinking that if they just play along, everything will go smoothly.
They r not special. What i mean ks that anyone that takes the mrna begins to become an ai prophet. They are lobotomized and obey orders better. They also feel good about promoting the wax and downplaying anti wax.

It applies all over the world. This is a god test.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

cyclOps wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:07 pm

You can’t make this up…
"They honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me."

Their fruits are corrupt as the day is long.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

cyclOps wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 11:07 pm

You can’t make this up…
To be fair, they just testified of Him AGAIN, last week, like they do every six months in front of a general audience and every time they go out on assignment to the stakes around the world.

But because they didn't talk about THEIR favorite gospel hobbies, of course, those testimonies tend to get ignored.