Hackers threaten to leak data of 37 million Clients of cheating website

Discuss political news items / current events.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Hackers threaten to leak data of 37 million Clients of cheating website

Post by Col. Flagg »

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-threa ... ector.html
TORONTO (Reuters) - Hackers threatened to leak details including the credit card information, nude photos and sexual fantasies of as many as 37 million customers of a dating website that caters to cheating spouses, the KrebsOnSecurity blog reported.
First off, if all 37 million Clients live in the U.S., that's 1 in 5 U.S. adults who are cheating on their spouse and secondly, how awful that there is a website that allows someone to secretly have an affair with someone. :( X( The moral decay of our world is sickening... and sad.

Nebguy
captain of 50

Re: Hackers threaten to leak data of 37 million Clients of cheating website

Post by Nebguy »

Of course it's sick and sad, but that many users on one website in just the U.S.? I don't know, those numbers seem kind of high. Either way, just the existence of this website is troubling.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

And Salt Lake City is one of the leading cities in regards to using that web service. See this thread: Salt Lake City among leading cities in adultery

Col. Flagg wrote:https://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-threa ... ector.html
TORONTO (Reuters) - Hackers threatened to leak details including the credit card information, nude photos and sexual fantasies of as many as 37 million customers of a dating website that caters to cheating spouses, the KrebsOnSecurity blog reported.
First off, if all 37 million Clients live in the U.S., that's 1 in 5 U.S. adults who are cheating on their spouse and secondly, how awful that there is a website that allows someone to secretly have an affair with someone. :( X( The moral decay of our world is sickening... and sad.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

A pastor was asked by a man who kept cheating on his wife, how he never cheated. The pastor replied, “Oh, I’m sure I couldn’t resist some temptations, so I’m careful never to put myself in such a position.”

Some impressions I have - & feel free to correct me if you disagree…
Most men - if placed in situations - would cheat. Partly I bring this up to make myself feel better - that it’s not personal to be cheated on, lied to etc. Partly it may be just the nature of men, and partly lack of integrity for not guarding against carnal nature. It takes 2 to tango so some infidelity cause can be due to inattentive spouses. Men seem to compartmentalize & tend to not care nearly as much as women about a lot - including marriage. And God, to ensure the continuation of the species, made men extra horny.

Women may cheat emotionally (getting attention etc) - but less often sexually because it’s much riskier for her, & God designed her to be more selective - for the benefit of children. Women care too much & then get pissed because it’s not reciprocated. I read a stat saying, “20% of men and 13% of women admit to having cheated sexually on their spouse,” &… “…30 to 60% of married couples will cheat at least once in the marriage 74% of men and 68% of women admit they'd cheat if it was guaranteed they'd never get caught.” It’s all speculative - & I doubt representative (often cheaters will deny cheating). I think not all people are honest with themselves & maybe most have unrealistic expectations, which contribute to marital issues.

Both husbands and wives have a sense of ownership of the other, in marriage. Moral or not? Maybe marriage is about the right to expect certain behavior from the other, and taking their behavior personally because you are/were “one.” However, when there is betrayal of trust, then that “oneness” - that belief in personalization of the other’s behavior & ownership - then the betrayal cuts deeper. So maybe the story needs to be retold to inspire better feelings & a healthier outlook.

I wonder if it would be more realistic & healthier to look squarely at human nature and accept that most men would cheat if given ample opportunity & most women crave more caring than any 1 husband can give. That’s not to suggest cheating is ok, nor that each should not respond responsibly to their own inclinations. Rather, realizing these common tendencies may take away some of the sting in fear of or actual betrayal.
Last edited by Thinker on January 24th, 2023, 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chip
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Chip »

Write a frivilous song about adultery-dating websites.

ChatGPT:

Verse 1:
I got a secret that I wanna share,
I found a website where love affairs are fair,
It's called "Cheatin' Hearts" and it's oh so sweet,
I can finally have my cake and eat it too, with a side of meat.

Chorus:
Adultery dating, it's the new sensation,
Find a lover without complication,
No need to feel guilty or hide,
Just log on to "Cheatin' Hearts" and take a ride.

Verse 2:
I met a man who's married too,
But he's not happy and neither am I,
We both agreed that we need a change,
And "Cheatin' Hearts" gave us that chance.

Chorus:

Bridge:
So if you're feeling lonely or just in need,
Of some extra love that your partner don't feed,
Come join the club, it's free to sign up,
And you'll find a love that will fill your cup.

Chorus:

Outro:
So come on and give it a try,
You might just find the love of your life,
On "Cheatin' Hearts", the adultery site,
Where love affairs are fair game, and ain't nothing wrong with that.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Thinker wrote: January 24th, 2023, 12:47 pm A pastor was asked by a man who kept cheating on his wife, how he never cheated. The pastor replied, “Oh, I’m sure I couldn’t resist some temptations, so I’m careful never to put myself in such a position.”

Most of men - if placed in situations - would cheat. Partly I bring this up to make myself feel better - that it’s not personal to be cheated on, lied to etc. Partly it may be just the nature of men, and partly lack of integrity for not guarding against carnal nature. Men seem to compartmentalize & tend to not care nearly as much as women about a lot - including marriage. And God, to ensure the continuation of the species, made men extra horny.

Women may cheat emotionally (getting attention etc) - but less often sexually because it’s much riskier for her, & God designed her to be more selective - for the benefit of children. Women care too much & then get pissed because it’s not reciprocated. I read a stat saying, “20% of men and 13% of women admit to having cheated sexually on their spouse,” &… “…30 to 60% of married couples will cheat at least once in the marriage 74% of men and 68% of women admit they'd cheat if it was guaranteed they'd never get caught.” It’s all speculative - & I doubt representative (often cheaters will deny cheating). I think not all people are honest with themselves & maybe most have unrealistic expectations, which contribute to marital issues.

Both husbands and wives have a sense of ownership of the other, in marriage. Moral or not? Maybe marriage is about the right to expect certain behavior from the other, and taking their behavior personally because you are/were “one.” However, when there is betrayal of trust, then that “oneness” - that belief in personalization of the other’s behavior & ownership - then the betrayal cuts deeper. So maybe the story needs to be retold to inspire better feelings & a healthier outlook.

I wonder if it would be more realistic & healthier to look squarely at human nature and accept that most men would cheat if given ample opportunity & most women crave more caring than any 1 husband can give. That’s not to suggest cheating is ok, nor that each should not respond responsibly to their own inclinations. Rather, realizing these common tendencies may take away some of the sting in fear of or actual betrayal.
This post brought back memories, when headlines could be about cheaters, good times.

57% of men overall admit to committing infidelity at some point in their lives
54% of women overall admit to committing infidelity in one or more of their relationships
22% of married men admit to having an affair at least once during their marriages
14% of married women admit to having an affair at least once during their marriages

What is the truth?

Because of a slight percentage increase we mock the one sex over the other?

This is one example of how the beast as brought down men.

How about domestic violence, I personally know more women who have hit their husbands then men. We have examples of people videoing public reactions to women hitting men and society laughing and then the same couple turns the table hours later and society steps in. The couple where actors doing a social experiment and proved we are screwed up as a society.

An alpha male once said; But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

Imagine telling someone only yes or no and holding your ground!!!

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thinker wrote: January 24th, 2023, 12:47 pm A pastor was asked by a man who kept cheating on his wife, how he never cheated. The pastor replied, “Oh, I’m sure I couldn’t resist some temptations, so I’m careful never to put myself in such a position.”

Most men - if placed in situations - would cheat. Partly I bring this up to make myself feel better - that it’s not personal to be cheated on, lied to etc. Partly it may be just the nature of men, and partly lack of integrity for not guarding against carnal nature. It takes 2 to tango so some infidelity cause can be due to inattentive spouses. Men seem to compartmentalize & tend to not care nearly as much as women about a lot - including marriage. And God, to ensure the continuation of the species, made men extra horny.

I'm wondering how it is more risky for a woman than a man?

In a divorce the woman gets at least one home and automobile and enough money to support herself and children for the next 20 years. She gets this cash settlement even if she remarries. The children are never in harms way unless you count emotional.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Fred wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:20 pm

In a divorce the woman gets at least one home and automobile and enough money to support herself and children for the next 20 years. She gets this cash settlement even if she remarries. The children are never in harms way unless you count emotional.
Holy crap I divorced the wrong cheating guy - when I left I barely had the clothes on my back and an old durango - he got the house and the other 7 cars and the business and the retirement and everything else. I got the constant threat of homelessness, no child support, my child was abandoned.

Wait... maybe I divorced the right guy. :lol:

Not all women get hooked up like that - sometimes we're running for our lives and saving our children from hell - no matter the personal cost.

Next time if I get divorced, I'll make sure my kid and me get a better deal!! :P

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:56 pm

Holy crap I divorced the wrong cheating guy - when I left I barely had the clothes on my back and an old durango - he got the house and the other 7 cars and the business and the retirement and everything else. I got the constant threat of homelessness, no child support, my child was abandoned.

Not all women get hooked up like that - sometimes we're running for our lives and saving our children from hell - no matter the personal cost.

Next time if I get divorced, I'll make sure my kid and me get a better deal!! :P
I think it makes a big difference if the woman is an incredibly vindictive witch that has a greedy, man hating attorney.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Fred wrote: January 24th, 2023, 2:35 pm
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:56 pm

I think it makes a big difference if the woman is an incredibly vindictive witch that has a greedy, man hating attorney.
100% agree with you on that one! I have seen some women do some pretty horrible things that way. 😕

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

Nebguy wrote: July 23rd, 2015, 8:00 pm Of course it's sick and sad, but that many users on one website in just the U.S.? I don't know, those numbers seem kind of high. Either way, just the existence of this website is troubling.
Maybe the bots are breeding… :) :D

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Uh, so this was an empty threat I take it? Never heard about it actually happening. Unless their demands were met, whatever they were?

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 24th, 2023, 1:05 pm

Most of men - if placed in situations - would cheat. Partly I bring this up to make myself feel better - that it’s not personal to be cheated on, lied to etc. Partly it may be just the nature of men, and partly lack of integrity for not guarding against carnal nature. Men seem to compartmentalize & tend to not care nearly as much as women about a lot - including marriage. And God, to ensure the continuation of the species, made men extra horny.

This post brought back memories, when headlines could be about cheaters, good times.

54% of women overall admit to committing infidelity in one or more of their relationships
22% of married men admit to having an affair at least once during their marriages
14% of married women admit to having an affair at least once during their marriages

What is the truth?

How about domestic violence, I personally know more women who have hit their husbands then men. We have examples of people videoing public reactions to women hitting men and society laughing and then the same couple turns the table hours later and society steps in. The couple where actors doing a social experiment and proved we are screwed up as a society.

An alpha male once said; But let your communication be, Yea, yea; Nay, nay: for whatsoever is more than these cometh of evil.

I think what these numbers actually show is that after marriage, women are way more comfortable lying about their infidelities than men by at least 2%. ;-) Unless all the two-timing married men are all sleeping with the same handful of cheating women? Shouldn't it be much closer to 50/50?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Dusty Wanderer wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:27 pm

What is the truth?

I think what these numbers actually show is that after marriage, women are way more comfortable lying about their infidelities than men by at least 2%. ;-) Unless all the two-timing married men are all sleeping with the same handful of cheating women? Shouldn't it be much closer to 50/50?
These numbers don’t show what the lord calls adultery. Then again women are not held to the same standard, ie a 12 year old deacon can bear the priesthood and his mother can not.

The numbers I’m eluding to are divorcement. A man is more likely to cheat and not get a divorce. A woman is more likely to divorce and then find another. Think of all the women who divorce their husbands in the church, I know 2 in the last 2 years in my ward.

If a man divorces his wife without fornication involved he is committing adultery per Matthew 19:9

So we as a society fulfill the lord’s words in Luke 12:56

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 24th, 2023, 5:56 pm
Dusty Wanderer wrote: January 24th, 2023, 4:27 pm

What is the truth?

These numbers don’t show what the lord calls adultery. Then again women are not held to the same standard, ie a 12 year old deacon can bear the priesthood and his mother can not.

The numbers I’m eluding to are divorcement. A man is more likely to cheat and not get a divorce. A woman is more likely to divorce and then find another. Think of all the women who divorce their husbands in the church, I know 2 in the last 2 years in my ward.

If a man divorces his wife without fornication involved he is committing adultery per Matthew 19:9

So we as a society fulfill the lord’s words in Luke 12:56
I was kind of kidding, but you do make some points worth considering.
A man is more likely to cheat and not get a divorce. A woman is more likely to divorce and then find another.
While I agree with the first part, today, woman are more likely to divorce because they have already found another. Generally speaking, they're not going to take that risky leap without knowing they're going to land on their feet - trade-up.

There's been one divorce this year in my ward and the wife immediately got married to a man she'd been "hanging out" with for months (alleging no adultery, though).

Outside of the ward, I know of three divorces within the circles of colleagues and friends. Two of the three there was infidelity on the part of the wife (the wife in both cases left the husband with primary responsibility for the children), the third was both the husband and the wife (they got caught up with some spiritualism/free love group).

The trends have shifted over recent years. 70-80% of all divorces in 2023 in the US are initiated by women. An interesting note is that if you only look at college-educated women in the same sampling, it goes up to 90%. And the notion that married men cheat more than married women is outdated.

I think women trying to be as sexually promiscuous as the men have allegedly been, is having detrimental effects on their ability to biologically pair-bond.

Rumpelstiltskin
captain of 1,000

Post by Rumpelstiltskin »

A Random Phrase wrote: July 24th, 2015, 1:18 am And Salt Lake City is one of the leading cities in regards to using that web service. See this thread: Salt Lake City among leading cities in adultery

Col. Flagg wrote:https://ca.news.yahoo.com/hackers-threa ... ector.html
It's no surprise that Sodom Lake City is #4. I'm sure they're doing their best to be #1.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

What is the truth?

Valid points. I also know of cases which wives hit their husbands without consequence. But I know more cases of abusive husbands. Anyway, it is good to be fair in acknowledging other considerations.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Women may cheat emotionally (getting attention etc) - but less often sexually because it’s much riskier for her, & God designed her to be more selective - for the benefit of children

By “risk” I was referring to pregnancy and child rearing. Women can’t just walk away from that, and there are far more single mothers with absent fathers than single fathers with absent mothers. Not saying there aren’t exceptions. Generally, it is riskier for women to have sex/cheat than it is for men.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Thinker wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:24 pm

Women may cheat emotionally (getting attention etc) - but less often sexually because it’s much riskier for her, & God designed her to be more selective - for the benefit of children

By “risk” I was referring to pregnancy and child rearing. Women can’t just walk away from that, and there are far more single mothers with absent fathers than single fathers with absent mothers. Not saying there aren’t exceptions. Generally, it is riskier for women to have sex/cheat than it is for men.
I certainly agree in that regard. I know that FAR more women file for divorce than men. Most men would rather sleep on the couch or in the garage. I imagine the ratio is 99 to one but I could be way wrong. If this ratio is even close to being accurate, it makes the women's risk self imposed.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

I bet you it's a lousy service with the top 10-20% of males (money, power, and good looks but that is far lower) eat like absolute kings while no one else finds a shred of success like all other online dating services.

Jordan Peterson on the sex-ration hypothesis wrote:Females are hypergamous which means they'll mate across and up socioeconomic hierarchy but competence hierarchy is really at the heart of it. And so when you set up a situation where there's far more women than there are men in a given domain, say where mate selection can take place, most of the men still don't do very well because most of them are still rejected by women. But a small minority of men do extremely well, if you think well means unlimited sexual access.
Jordan Peterson on the sex-ratio hypothesis wrote:And so what's happening in the universities is that a small minority of men have sexual carte blanche in some sense, and most men are in the same position that most young men are always in, which is they're in a state where they're not particularly desirable to women. And then the women, of course, are terribly frustrated because the minority of men that they really would like to have long term relationships with, it's a seller's market for those not settling down.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Thinker wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:19 pm

What is the truth?

Valid points. I also know of cases which wives hit their husbands without consequence. But I know more cases of abusive husbands. Anyway, it is good to be fair in acknowledging other considerations.
I don’t know any abusive husbands personally.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 29th, 2023, 1:28 am I don’t know any abusive husbands personally.
Do you think they broadcast it for all to see and know?

Especially in the church where appearance is EVERYTHING - you never know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Thinker wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 8:42 am
Bronco73idi wrote: January 29th, 2023, 1:28 am I don’t know any abusive husbands personally.

Especially in the church where appearance is EVERYTHING - you never know what’s going on behind closed doors.
You gave me a thumbs up in the post I talked about liars, I saw that and it reminded me of this conversation and the fact that I lied to you making this statement.

I was told by my mother that my biological father was a liar and abuser. She said the main reason my older brother was a premie baby was because dear ol dad was drunk and beat her up pregnant. My brother passed away from SIDS when he was 4 months old. As a grown man, I know my mom is a victim and a perpetrator at the same time. She is my mom so I love her for that but she talks to my wife because I’m short with her.

The last time I saw my biological father was when I was about 3 years old. I never felt like I was going to get hit or beat from him. On the other hand between the ages of 3-4 I remember my mom beating me with her hairbrush twice. At 3 I fell asleep on the love seat and peed the bed. At 4 I picked up a pipe to show the neighbor kids I could and it fell and put a small dent in her newer Datsun.

My mom continued to beat me for minor infractions until about the 5th grade. My older sister used my arms as a scratching post until about the same time, I became bigger then them. I never hit or argued back, because girls are so fragile, I knew that because my mother told me every chance she would get and how my biological father was such a bad man. The only reason I can justify that they stopped around the 5th grade was because of my size, they are so emotionally screwed up (even today) and are close to the mentality of an animal, thus they were scared to touch the big teddy bear. In 6th grade people would call me smiley, I was always smiling outside the house.

I learned later that just about every woman in my extended family was screwed up. When my mom was a kid she would beat up and scratch her brothers, they were 6 years younger or more.

I know now that my drunk biological father beat my mother and I can say with a certainty that my mother started it (due to conversations with only sane uncle). Does that give him a right, no. What about my older brother, he may have lived? My mother is a flake and uses people, his passing is the reason she became LDS, her ward paid for his burial. She then moved 900 miles north and never talk about the church again. I never even heard of the church until I was 14, 15-16 years after she got baptized. When I got baptized she asked the elders if she should get baptized too, they looked at her funny and then reexplained that she already got baptized, ie flake.

There is so many more stories of all my side of the family. My sister went to jail one night for clawing my face up, she was 33 years old. It was the same year she cussed my mother out for night buying her any outfits at JCPennys. That’s a huge story in itself. I didn’t call and report her for about 6 hours. Probably the best thing I did for my mother and her temple married husband (I think he would have left if it wasn’t for his covenants) she is now on medication.

It’s adultery if a man divorces his wife without fornication being involved. Matthew 19:9 It isn’t if a woman does likewise. Women have less responsibility in our father’s kingdom then a deacon. To most of Christianity that makes since, to LDS members that is comparing a 12 year old to his mother.

What does this mean? Don’t teach the men properly to truly be like Christ like and understand the true everlasting covenant and we get what we have today, a clown world that we are trying to rationalize and justify.

Thinker
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Thinker »

Bronco73idi wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 3:56 pm

You gave me a thumbs up in the post I talked about liars, I saw that and it reminded me of this conversation and the fact that I lied to you making this statement.

I was told by my mother that my biological father was a liar and abuser. She said the main reason my older brother was a premie baby was because dear ol dad was drunk and beat her up pregnant. My brother passed away from SIDS when he was 4 months old. As a grown man, I know my mom is a victim and a perpetrator at the same time. She is my mom so I love her for that but she talks to my wife because I’m short with her.

The last time I saw my biological father was when I was about 3 years old. I never felt like I was going to get hit or beat from him. On the other hand between the ages of 3-4 I remember my mom beating me with her hairbrush twice. At 3 I fell asleep on the love seat and peed the bed. At 4 I picked up a pipe to show the neighbor kids I could and it fell and put a small dent in her newer Datsun.

My mom continued to beat me for minor infractions until about the 5th grade. My older sister used my arms as a scratching post until about the same time, I became bigger then them. I never hit or argued back, because girls are so fragile, I knew that because my mother told me every chance she would get and how my biological father was such a bad man. The only reason I can justify that they stopped around the 5th grade was because of my size, they are so emotionally screwed up (even today) and are close to the mentality of an animal, thus they were scared to touch the big teddy bear. In 6th grade people would call me smiley, I was always smiling outside the house.

I learned later that just about every woman in my extended family was screwed up. When my mom was a kid she would beat up and scratch her brothers, they were 6 years younger or more.

I know now that my drunk biological father beat my mother and I can say with a certainty that my mother started it (due to conversations with only sane uncle). Does that give him a right, no. What about my older brother, he may have lived? My mother is a flake and uses people, his passing is the reason she became LDS, her ward paid for his burial. She then moved 900 miles north and never talk about the church again. I never even heard of the church until I was 14, 15-16 years after she got baptized. When I got baptized she asked the elders if she should get baptized too, they looked at her funny and then reexplained that she already got baptized, ie flake.

There is so many more stories of all my side of the family. My sister went to jail one night for clawing my face up, she was 33 years old. It was the same year she cussed my mother out for night buying her any outfits at JCPennys. That’s a huge story in itself. I didn’t call and report her for about 6 hours. Probably the best thing I did for my mother and her temple married husband (I think he would have left if it wasn’t for his covenants) she is now on medication.

It’s adultery if a man divorces his wife without fornication being involved. Matthew 19:9 It isn’t if a woman does likewise. Women have less responsibility in our father’s kingdom then a deacon. To most of Christianity that makes since, to LDS members that is comparing a 12 year old to his mother.

What does this mean? Don’t teach the men properly to truly be like Christ like and understand the true everlasting covenant and we get what we have today, a clown world that we are trying to rationalize and justify.
Thanks for sharing some of your life’s experiences. I think we all are given challenges to give us opportunities to grow - some have more pain & potential than others.

I imagine growing up without a dad was hard. Your mom likely has issues yet I wonder how much of it was because of the pressure of being a single mom… though it sounds like she remarried. Her more recently going behind your back to your wife when she’s upset with you, is dysfunctional. It reminds me of my mom doing that with my husband, talking about divorcing me because though I went/go to church I stopped doing the freemasonry rituals in the temples.

Somewhat similar to what you experienced, I was mistreated by my mom & sisters. I believe “Satan has power to bruise the heel of women” - hormonal rages, burdens etc… - though women also have power to crush evil (shed light on deception etc). My mom would hit me for no reason, or beat me when there was one. She did good too - made holidays more fun, took us to the dentist, etc. Yet, she was also neglectful & just mean sometimes - like making fun of me when I cried, which I stopped doing in front of her. A healthy relationship is considered to have 5-20 positive interactions to every negative 1. Hurtful actions/words weigh more than positive ones. Mothers are supposed to be the ONE person who truly has your back. So it sucks when they not only don’t but also seek to hurt you - & not just as kids but even as adults. Boundaries are a must.

Amazing your 33-year-old sister was clawing you - hope you maintain healthy boundaries. I also hope & pray, you, me & others who have experienced similarly are able, with God’s help, to transform these stumbling blocks into steps of building blocks.

Sure, dogma or laws may say women are comparably off the hook maritally, but I believe women - especially mothers - have MUCH more responsibility than any priesthood holder. Mothers have more influence over humanity than anyone else.

(Moved from another thread to here:)

Humans have both carnal and spiritual natures. What’s unique to animals is our ability to CHOOSE. We have some deterministic instinct, but free agency can often override it. Yet it can involve pain or discomfort, therefore “narrow is the way” & “many are called but few are chosen” because few CHOOSE God/GOoD over evil. What is evil? Maybe denial - refusing to take responsibility & trying to make another pay instead. God is love & love seems to be response-ability in striving for the highest GOoD - through active faith (humble trial & error).

The most influential person in my life seems to lack the ability, or chooses not, to love. I keep studying to understand. I think it’s a mix of cult mentality, PSY OPS, BPD/denial & their own deep subconscious hatred (feeling threatened) towards me.

Dostoevsky may explain it:
“What is hell? …The suffering of being unable to love.
Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself & listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, & so loses all respect for himself & for others. And having no respect, he ceases to love.”

I think love starts with being in tune with God’s love (our deepest craving)… then love for ourself, then love for others. Not loving (ie, a mother withholding love from her child) is symptomatic of not feeling loved - primarily not tuning into the God of truth. This may be due to their own past abuse/neglect - or pride etc.

Love is not allowing abusive people to do what they want, even if “family.” There needs to be a balance loving God/Truth, others as well as oneself. Genuine love is based on truth, not lies. Ideally, we learn pure love from our mothers so then we love ourselves and others. If not, it’s harder, but in a way easier to trust only in God & not substitute parental “authorities.”

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Thinker wrote: February 3rd, 2023, 12:15 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 3:56 pm

Thanks for sharing some of your life’s experiences. I think we all are given challenges to give us opportunities to grow - some have more pain & potential than others.

I imagine growing up without a dad was hard. Your mom likely has issues yet I wonder how much of it was because of the pressure of being a single mom… though it sounds like she remarried. Her more recently going behind your back to your wife when she’s upset with you, is dysfunctional. It reminds me of my mom doing that with my husband, talking about divorcing me because though I went/go to church I stopped doing the freemasonry rituals in the temples.

Somewhat similar to what you experienced, I was mistreated by my mom & sisters. I believe “Satan has power to bruise the heel of women” - hormonal rages, burdens etc… - though women also have power to crush evil (shed light on deception etc). My mom would hit me for no reason, or beat me when there was one. She did good too - made holidays more fun, took us to the dentist, etc. Yet, she was also neglectful & just mean sometimes - like making fun of me when I cried, which I stopped doing in front of her. A healthy relationship is considered to have 5-20 positive interactions to every negative 1. Hurtful actions/words weigh more than positive ones. Mothers are supposed to be the ONE person who truly has your back. So it sucks when they not only don’t but also seek to hurt you - & not just as kids but even as adults. Boundaries are a must.

Amazing your 33-year-old sister was clawing you - hope you maintain healthy boundaries. I also hope & pray, you, me & others who have experienced similarly are able, with God’s help, to transform these stumbling blocks into steps of building blocks.

Sure, dogma or laws may say women are comparably off the hook maritally, but I believe women - especially mothers - have MUCH more responsibility than any priesthood holder. Mothers have more influence over humanity than anyone else.

(Moved from another thread to here:)

Humans have both carnal and spiritual natures. What’s unique to animals is our ability to CHOOSE. We have some deterministic instinct, but free agency can often override it. Yet it can involve pain or discomfort, therefore “narrow is the way” & “many are called but few are chosen” because few CHOOSE God/GOoD over evil. What is evil? Maybe denial - refusing to take responsibility & trying to make another pay instead. God is love & love seems to be response-ability in striving for the highest GOoD - through active faith (humble trial & error).

The most influential person in my life seems to lack the ability, or chooses not, to love. I keep studying to understand. I think it’s a mix of cult mentality, PSY OPS, BPD/denial & their own deep subconscious hatred (feeling threatened) towards me.

Dostoevsky may explain it:
“What is hell? …The suffering of being unable to love.
Above all, don’t lie to yourself. The man who lies to himself & listens to his own lie comes to a point that he cannot distinguish the truth within him, or around him, & so loses all respect for himself & for others. And having no respect, he ceases to love.”

I think love starts with being in tune with God’s love (our deepest craving)… then love for ourself, then love for others. Not loving (ie, a mother withholding love from her child) is symptomatic of not feeling loved - primarily not tuning into the God of truth. This may be due to their own past abuse/neglect - or pride etc.

Love is not allowing abusive people to do what they want, even if “family.” There needs to be a balance loving God/Truth, others as well as oneself. Genuine love is based on truth, not lies. Ideally, we learn pure love from our mothers so then we love ourselves and others. If not, it’s harder, but in a way easier to trust only in God & not substitute parental “authorities.”
Th help give reference to my story, mom remarried when I was 5 and my sister is 3 years older then me.

Boundaries are kept, not for my own health, for theirs. Like the story of living with the pathological liar, I would be persistent in the truth which would make them cry (mom) or aggressively abusive (sister).

It’s better to pluck out the eye that offends you then go to hell with it.