The Book of Jasher <-Apocrypha Book

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
itsmerich
captain of 100

The Book of Jasher <-Apocrypha Book

Post by itsmerich »

Hello friends,

Outside the standard works is a wealth of information that has been withheld from "mainstream scriptures".

I present to you a Holy set of scriptures which further expands on the stories from the bible.

To summarize this starts with Adam and goes to (well I haven't reach the end) but I'm at Jacob (son of Issac).
There is a WEALTH of beautiful stories and expounding of our history. This is a LONG book but WELL worth the read!!! On this site are other scriptures as well but for this post the focus is on the book of Jasher. You will also read about the "mixture of animals" (remember dinosaurs?) and how this contributed to the corruption of the earth during the days of Noah.

Such a shame leaders from Christian churches don't at least do some marketing for these lovely scriptures.

Enjoy and prepare for some binge reading :)

https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm
Last edited by itsmerich on July 9th, 2022, 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

itsmerich
captain of 100

Re: The Book of Jasher <-Apocrypha Book

Post by itsmerich »

As you read - love to hear your favorite stories. There's some incredible ones in there - one of my favorites is how much more is revealed with Abraham and the sacrifice of his son Issac. ALOT more details are filled in and it shows the incredible love Sarah had for her son - some very tender moments.

DJB
captain of 100

Post by DJB »

itsmerich wrote: July 8th, 2022, 6:28 pm Hello friends,

Outside the standard works is a wealth of information that has been withheld from "mainstream scriptures".

I present to you a Holy set of scriptures which further expands on the stories from the bible.

To summarize this starts with Adam and goes to (well I haven't reach the end) but I'm at Jacob (son of Issac).
There is a WEALTH of beautiful stories and expounding of our history. Don't miss out on this treasure trove
of holy scriptures. This is a LONG book but WELL worth the read!!! On this site are other scriptures as well but for this post the focus is on the book of Jasher. You will also read about the "mixture of animals" (remember dinosaurs?) and how this contributed to the corruption of the earth during the days of Noah.

Such a shame leaders from Christian churches don't at least do some marketing for these lovely scriptures.

Enjoy and prepare for some binge reading :)

https://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/apo/jasher/index.htm
I think the Book of Jasher used to be a priesthood manual, or studied during priesthood. Not 100% certain, but pretty darned..

It’s an awesome book!

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

The Bible and Joseph Smith both vouch for the Book of Jasher.

Mindfields
captain of 1,000

Post by Mindfields »

Pseudepigrapha at best.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

There are several books going by this name. They're quite different. One is modern.

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

itsmerich wrote: July 8th, 2022, 6:49 pm As you read - love to hear your favorite stories. There's some incredible ones in there - one of my favorites is how much more is revealed with Abraham and the sacrifice of his son Issac. ALOT more details are filled in and it shows the incredible love Sarah had for her son - some very tender moments.
I found a hard copy of the book of Jasher in a used book store many years ago. I found many gems in it. The one that really struck me is the difference from Genesis of the story of Enoch. I personally found the Jasher account the authentic one. The story of Enoch in J is very detailed and describes his progression toward becoming one with God and how , near the end, his countenance was so bright, that it frightened those that sought him out .

When he departed, others all said "take us with you" and his response was basically, "you cannot come with me, it's impossible". It was impossible because his destination was a place for extremely refined beings.

There are good indications that that there were two different Enochs.

itsmerich
captain of 100

Post by itsmerich »

Jasher 36:32 And those animals, from their middle downward, were in the shape of the children of men, and from their middle upward, some had the likeness of bears, and some the likeness of the keephas, with tails behind them from between their shoulders reaching down to the earth, like the tails of the ducheephath, and these animals came and mounted and rode upon these asses, and led them away, and they went away unto this day.

Earlier in Jasher they speak of men learning the mixture of animals. I may do a separate post on this and how it relates to the "days of noah"

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Peeps wrote: July 8th, 2022, 10:37 pmIn the Book of Jasher Chapter 9:37-38, says that part of Babel is still "aloft" in the sky.

37 And they ceased building the city and the tower; therefore he called that place Babel, for there the Lord confounded the Language of the whole earth; behold it was at the east of the land of Shinar.
38 And as to the tower which the sons of men built, the earth opened its mouth and swallowed up one third part thereof, and a fire also descended from heaven and burned another third, and the other third is left to this day, and it is of that part which was aloft, and its circumference is three days' walk.

This person believes the floating Tower of Babel will be thrown down to Earth when The New Jerusalem comes down from Heaven. He shows the science of how it could be possible to levitate a large city @~27:29-ish.
I believe this is Joseph's "City of Enoch."
I believe this city of Enoch was built by the evil Enoch, son of Cain, described as described in Genesis 4
It seems the Chat GPT bot is aware of this book!

viewtopic.php?p=1343868
Chip wrote: January 20th, 2023, 1:18 pmMe: Does the book of Jasher talk about Sodom?

Chat GPT: The Book of Jasher, also known as the Book of the Upright or the Book of the Just, is a pseudepigraphal (non-canonical) text that is not considered part of the canon of the Holy Bible by most Christian denominations or the Jewish tradition. It is said to be a collection of historical and legal texts from ancient Israel, but there is no evidence that it existed before the Middle Ages.

According to the Book of Jasher, it does talk about the story of Sodom and Gomorrah, but it provides more details and a different perspective on the events that led to their destruction. It describes the people of Sodom as being very wicked and ungodly, committing sins such as robbery, murder, and sexual immorality. It also mentions that the city was punished by God for its sins and was destroyed by fire and brimstone. However, it should be noted that most of the scholars believe that it is not an authentic historical document and its historical accuracy is uncertain.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I try to go deeper into this question in the link below. There isn't a single book of Jasher as such but a lot of unconnected works claiming the title.

Will the real Book of Jasher please stand up? At least a dozen works are claimed to be the Book of Jasher, but did it ever exist in the first place?
viewtopic.php?t=73055

FrankOne
captain of 1,000

Post by FrankOne »

itsmerich wrote: July 12th, 2022, 7:50 am Jasher 36:32 And those animals, from their middle downward, were in the shape of the children of men, and from their middle upward, some had the likeness of bears, and some the likeness of the keephas, with tails behind them from between their shoulders reaching down to the earth, like the tails of the ducheephath, and these animals came and mounted and rode upon these asses, and led them away, and they went away unto this day.

Earlier in Jasher they speak of men learning the mixture of animals. I may do a separate post on this and how it relates to the "days of noah"
Sumerian texts describe the same.