Davidic Servant as a Supporting Role

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
moving2zion
captain of 100

Davidic Servant as a Supporting Role

Post by moving2zion »

There is a pattern set forth in scripture of one who leads the way, sets the path before, and upholds God's Chosen.

For Joseph Smith I would say it was his brothers, maybe in some sense his earthly father.

For Moses, it was Aaron, For Christ during his earthly ministry John the Baptizer.

Saul though not intentionally brought Israel together preparing the Kingdom for David's future conquests and rule.

Reading the Book of Mormon it could be laid out that first Lehi led the way for Nefi's mission that would come later, and then with the passing of their father Jacob becomes the one that supports Nefi until it is his time to carry the records.

There are other such references including Ruth's MIL setting her on the path that would put her in Boaz's house.

Tonight while taking a break from digging into various new testament era literature I side stepped over to the Isaiah Institute and began reading through Gilieadi's references to the Davidic Servant;

"That new nation of God’s people—which forms just prior to Jehovah/Jesus’ coming in glory—God delivers from life-threatening situations for the sake of his endtime servant David and those servants of God who minister as proxy saviors to them to restore them to God’s covenant:

Isaiah 53:11–12
Because of his knowledge,
and by bearing their iniquities,
shall my servant, the righteous one, vindicate many. . .
He poured out his soul unto death,
and was numbered with criminals—
he bore the sins of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

These terms of the Davidic Covenant operate on higher and lower spiritual levels, that of Jesus being the highest. Every proxy savior, therefore, “knows” that by “bearing their iniquities” and “making intercession for transgressors” he may obtain his people’s physical deliverance."

He gets full credit -yes I just copied it from his website.

So this left me wondering. Several have referenced the fact that The Davidic Servant comes to set things right and prepare the way for the Lord. He fulfills the modern role of John the Baptist- "Preparing the way".

But who then is the one that prepares the way for the Davidic Servant? Some Old Testament prophets were raised up "in the church" you might say or worked as servants first in the temple. Nefi definitely was raised in a God Fearing home. Joseph Smith also came from a home with both parents encouraging him to seek the truth and demonstrated it in their own lives, even if they didn't have a fulness. So this begs the question; who will lead the way for the Davidic Servant? I read one forum stating they felt he would be one of the two witnesses in Jerusalem, another claimed from their research that this individual could only be someone that breaks away from what "currently constitutes the true church". However that is not doctrinally correct as many have been chosen, both men and women, and yet stayed in the faith. Esther stayed in the faith even though she was married out of the faith. Her role saved the Jews, the one that prepared the way for her was her uncle Mordecai. A man preparing the way for a woman. They don't teach that nowadays.

As I pondered on this for some time my thoughts were enlightened to the Saviors words of the Fig Tree bearing good fruit. If the Church is the tree, in this part (Time) of the vineyard, and the leaders are the branches, then the fruit is what comes of the leaders. It may not be one of the current leaders that sets us on the last few steps to the Saviors arrival, but a good branch, ie, local leader, possibly a righteous Bishop or Stake President that is the one acting as an Aaron or a Lehi to train and guide the Davidic Servant to the role he has yet to play. In this case the Davidic Servant could rise up to fill his role from anywhere within the Lord's vineyard. A righteous priesthood holder from Argentina perhaps? Or from Central Africa even? I believe at this point this individual would need to be aways along the path in their development as we will have great need of him soon. Samuel the Lamanite came back and chastised the wayward Nephites. Will the Davidic Servant come from outside of the United States to help set things aright and prepare the way for the coming of the Lord?

I'll listen to your responses while I mull the other points that have been impressed upon my mind.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Davidic Servant as a Supporting Role

Post by BeNotDeceived »

moving2zion wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:34 pm There is a pattern set forth in scripture of one who leads the way, sets the path before, and upholds God's Chosen.

For Joseph Smith I would say it was his brothers, maybe in some sense his earthly father.

For Moses, it was Aaron, For Christ during his earthly ministry John the Baptizer.

Saul though not intentionally brought Israel together preparing the Kingdom for David's future conquests and rule.

Reading the Book of Mormon it could be laid out that first Lehi led the way for Nefi's mission that would come later, and then with the passing of their father Jacob becomes the one that supports Nefi until it is his time to carry the records.

There are other such references including Ruth's MIL setting her on the path that would put her in Boaz's house.

Tonight while taking a break from digging into various new testament era literature I side stepped over to the Isaiah Institute and began reading through Gilieadi's references to the Davidic Servant;

"That new nation of God’s people—which forms just prior to Jehovah/Jesus’ coming in glory—God delivers from life-threatening situations for the sake of his endtime servant David and those servants of God who minister as proxy saviors to them to restore them to God’s covenant:

Isaiah 53:11–12
Because of his knowledge,
and by bearing their iniquities,
shall my servant, the righteous one, vindicate many. . .
He poured out his soul unto death,
and was numbered with criminals—
he bore the sins of many,
and made intercession for the transgressors.

These terms of the Davidic Covenant operate on higher and lower spiritual levels, that of Jesus being the highest. Every proxy savior, therefore, “knows” that by “bearing their iniquities” and “making intercession for transgressors” he may obtain his people’s physical deliverance."

He gets full credit -yes I just copied it from his website.

So this left me wondering. Several have referenced the fact that The Davidic Servant comes to set things right and prepare the way for the Lord. He fulfills the modern role of John the Baptist- "Preparing the way".

But who then is the one that prepares the way for the Davidic Servant? Some Old Testament prophets were raised up "in the church" you might say or worked as servants first in the temple. Nefi definitely was raised in a God Fearing home. Joseph Smith also came from a home with both parents encouraging him to seek the truth and demonstrated it in their own lives, even if they didn't have a fulness. So this begs the question; who will lead the way for the Davidic Servant? I read one forum stating they felt he would be one of the two witnesses in Jerusalem, another claimed from their research that this individual could only be someone that breaks away from what "currently constitutes the true church". However that is not doctrinally correct as many have been chosen, both men and women, and yet stayed in the faith. Esther stayed in the faith even though she was married out of the faith. Her role saved the Jews, the one that prepared the way for her was her uncle Mordecai. A man preparing the way for a woman. They don't teach that nowadays.

As I pondered on this for some time my thoughts were enlightened to the Saviors words of the Fig Tree bearing good fruit. If the Church is the tree, in this part (Time) of the vineyard, and the leaders are the branches, then the fruit is what comes of the leaders. It may not be one of the current leaders that sets us on the last few steps to the Saviors arrival, but a good branch, ie, local leader, possibly a righteous Bishop or Stake President that is the one acting as an Aaron or a Lehi to train and guide the Davidic Servant to the role he has yet to play. In this case the Davidic Servant could rise up to fill his role from anywhere within the Lord's vineyard. A righteous priesthood holder from Argentina perhaps? Or from Central Africa even? I believe at this point this individual would need to be aways along the path in their development as we will have great need of him soon. Samuel the Lamanite came back and chastised the wayward Nephites. Will the Davidic Servant come from outside of the United States to help set things aright and prepare the way for the coming of the Lord?

I'll listen to your responses while I mull the other points that have been impressed upon my mind.
Tupelo are trees too you know. :lol:
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 4th, 2019, 3:26 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: August 4th, 2019, 2:07 pm
Michael Sherwin wrote: August 4th, 2019, 1:44 pm THE object SPace needs to be mAde more Clear. In the mEantiMe there is a pAir of tupelo iN the backyard that need ordering.
THE SPACEMAN :lol:

thee Spaceman, But Not The Astronaut. :mrgreen:
That is the outer easy to see meaning. Look deeper! :)
The rabbi hole doth indeed run deep.❗️

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

moving2zion wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:34 pm

Hmmmm..... *strokes chin* The 15 would excommunicate such a person who was a member and chastised the church and claimed authority. But I agree with your idea that this may be what happens

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:20 pm

Hmmmm..... *strokes chin* The 15 would excommunicate such a person who was a member and chastised the church and claimed authority. But I agree with your idea that this may be what happens
It could be a high councilman, as a High Priest he would have the rights and authority of the Priesthood, but not the keys. It could be an Apostle they have the keys, with someone else acting as the Supporting role. I know some have suggested David Bednar, but he doesn't seem to have a public figure supporting him, serving in that Priestly support role, prepping the masses..... at least not yet.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

BuriedTartaria wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:20 pm

Must someone have authority

to invite his Spirit to answer with a 7.3 magnitude earthquake. :?: