Some Things I've Learned During My Sabbatical...

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
endlessQuestions
Level 34 Illuminated

Some Things I've Learned During My Sabbatical...

Post by endlessQuestions »

Hello everyone,

Although I haven't been posting publicly, I have been watching the board, reading, learning, and privately conversing with people.

I've become very concerned about my brothers and sisters here at LDSFF so I pleaded with the Lord to come and write a message to you, and He eventually confirmed that would be acceptable.

My dear friends (and I DO consider each and every one of you a friend), DO NOT GIVE UP.

We are in a very real war.

With a very real enemy.

But we serve a King who WILL NOT allow His kingdom to be overthrown.

Nor His authority to be usurped.

Nor His faithful disciples to be destroyed (but please understand, that doesn't mean there's no danger, and indeed, the scriptures indicate that there will be martyrs during these winding up scenes, so if you engage in the battle, there is no guarantee your life will be spared).

I understand it may appear that He is allowing all of those things to happen, but I testify to you THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM.

God is in control.

He knows His appointed times, and everything is proceeding just as He explained to us in the premortal councils, and just as He has laid out in our standard works.

If you desire to serve the King, there is a work for you to do!

No, I don't know what it is.

Only He knows.

So you MUST, MUST seek His counsel, and find out what that work is for YOU.

In my case, the work I was asked to do has stretched me to the very limits of my abilities. Some other time, perhaps we will talk about my journey - but not today.

I want to testify to each and every one of you, in the name of the Lord - all is well. For you, for me, for the Church, and for the world.

Yes, I KNOW it looks bad. But GOD IS IN CONTROL.

Now, will I always be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

The honest answer is, I don't know.

At this point, it may not even be in my control.

But here's what I do know:

If I cede the territory of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints without a "fight" (and by fight, I simply mean using logic, reason, and revelation to counsel with my brothers and sisters in patience, and long-suffering, and a spirit of charity, in an attempt to convince them of what I believe to be the error of their ways, while also being open to being taught the error of mine)....

If I run away without speaking up...

Then I am a traitor to my King.

And a deserter from His army.

Now, that's just me.

Perhaps when you pray you will receive a different answer.

And I honor that, and will never question you if you can look me in the eye, claim your allegiance to our King, and tell me you've received your marching orders from Him.

But, for the love of all that is holy, do what Russell M. Nelson told you to do in 2018, because we are now beginning the time which he referred to when he said, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." And I can testify, just as he did, that "time is running out". And also that, “In coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior's power that the world has ever seen. Between now and the time he returns 'with power and great glory,' he will bestow countless privileges, blessings and miracles upon the faithful.” These things I KNOW to be true, not because Russell M. Nelson said them, but because Russell M. Nelson said them, and then I prayed about them and God revealed to me that they are true!

Now, please don't talk to me about Skull and Bones. I KNOW about Skull and Bones - OBVIOUSLY. Indeed, I arguably know more about Russell M. Nelson and Skull and Bones than anyone reading this, and I'm telling you, as I always have, THE APPEARANCE OF EVIL DOES NOT PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF EVIL.

Understand, the devil and his minions can tell a truth just as easily as they can tell a lie.

But the Spirit testifies to ALL TRUTH, even when it leaks out of the crooked lips of an adversary. The Holy Ghost is our "secret weapon" because it insulates us from traitors amongst us, which there always are, in EVERY WAR EVER FOUGHT.

Indeed, one of the greatest skills of the adversary is telling a whole lot of truth, and then slipping one significant lie into the mix, in order to turn you just far enough that you'll miss the mark completely unless you correct course.

So again, do NOT "follow the prophet"... but when the man sustained as the prophet, seer, and revelator (little p, little s, and little r) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints speak, LISTEN, and then do what he invites you to do nearly (if not every, I haven't done the full research) every time he speaks - PRAY ABOUT WHAT HE'S TAUGHT, and then FOLLOW THE PROMPTINGS OF THE HOLY GHOST.

One final thing.

During my sabbatical the Lord revealed a great mystery to me, and He says I can share it with you.

While washing my hands I was thinking about the end of the world, and was wondering why there is going to be a final battle AFTER the Millennium. That didn't make much sense to me, and so, like Alma, I asked the Lord to explain it to me. That night, in a dream, He did.

I am not authorized to share the entire dream, but here is what I can say:

In the dream, the Lord asked me (and these are not exact quotes, so please don't get all pedantic on me here):

"Do you remember the question you asked me about the end of the world this morning?"

I responded affirmatively.

He answered with another question: "Do you know why the adversary is so angry and frustrated?"

Well, I hadn't really ever thought about that, and indeed, I've often pictured the adversary as anything but angry and frustrated. Indeed, I've often felt like he's winning the war, and is probably pretty pleased with Himself. But I know the Lord cannot lie, and I found I was insatiably curious about what He meant, and so I responded:

"No Lord, I don't. Why is he so angry and frustrated?"

And then, in a way I can't quite explain, I was shown what that last battle would, in part, "look like". Don't ask me to explain it, because I can't. I do now understand why people say things like "I saw it, but not with my natural eyes", and things like that. The best I can do is to say I was "seeing" without the organ known as my eyes, and was "comprehending" in a way that I've only experienced one other time in my life.

That being said, what was happening wasn't so much a battle as it was a ROUT. Michael and his army were ROUTING the adversary and his forces. Honestly, I think the only way one could call it a "battle" is in the technical sense of the term - in that both sides had agreed to meet and engage. I got the clear sense that the adversary was realizing he should have thought ahead a bit more when he made that agreement with our Father and King.

As I "watched" what was happening, the Lord asked me: "Tell me, Justin, do you know what happens when you try to kill a resurrected being?"

And immediately I understood, as the Lord opened my eyes of understanding.

And I smiled, and I responded, "absolutely nothing. For a resurrected body is incorruptible."

And the Lord responded, and I SWEAR, to me it sounded like he was amused, "That is right".

And then He asked, "Justin, how many resurrected beings do I need in order to destroy the works of darkness?"

And then *I* was amused, and I felt my heart figuratively leap out my chest, and I smiled and said, "just one".

And the Lord laughed, and replied, "That is correct".

And then I woke up, and I now KNOW for myself, that THE WAR IS OVER.

The only thing left is for us to choose which side of the rout we wish to be on.

Will we follow Him, and receive our glorified, resurrected body?

Or will we fail to keep our second estate and suffer a fate more terrible than you or I can imagine?

I wish you all the best as you make your decisions, and press forward in your service to our King.

God bless, and God speed.

Now back to that sabbatical. :)

Shawn Henry
captain of 1,000

Re: Some Things I've Learned During My Sabbatical...

Post by Shawn Henry »

Just one indeed. That's beautiful Justin, I love it!

I used to really like that RMN statement, but now I realize what is wrong with it. It is the "In a coming day" portion that is wrong. It is any time and all times throughout history that the Holy Ghost is required to survive spiritually. Even in times of peace one needs the spirit to thrive spiritually.

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:54 pm Hello everyone,

Although I haven't been posting publicly, I have been watching the board, reading, learning, and privately conversing with people.

I've become very concerned about my brothers and sisters here at LDSFF so I pleaded with the Lord to come and write a message to you, and He eventually confirmed that would be acceptable.

My dear friends (and I DO consider each and every one of you a friend), DO NOT GIVE UP.

With a very real enemy.

Nor His faithful disciples to be destroyed (but please understand, that doesn't mean there's no danger, and indeed, the scriptures indicate that there will be martyrs during these winding up scenes, so if you engage in the battle, there is no guarantee your life will be spared).

I understand it may appear that He is allowing all of those things to happen, but I testify to you THINGS ARE NOT ALWAYS WHAT THEY SEEM.

God is in control.

He knows His appointed times, and everything is proceeding just as He explained to us in the premortal councils, and just as He has laid out in our standard works.

Only He knows.

In my case, the work I was asked to do has stretched me to the very limits of my abilities. Some other time, perhaps we will talk about my journey - but not today.

I want to testify to each and every one of you, in the name of the Lord - all is well. For you, for me, for the Church, and for the world.

Now, will I always be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

If I cede the territory of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints without a "fight" (and by fight, I simply mean using logic, reason, and revelation to counsel with my brothers and sisters in patience, and long-suffering, and a spirit of charity, in an attempt to convince them of what I believe to be the error of their ways, while also being open to being taught the error of mine)....

Now, that's just me.

And I honor that, and will never question you if you can look me in the eye, claim your allegiance to our King, and tell me you've received your marching orders from Him.

But, for the love of all that is holy, do what Russell M. Nelson told you to do in 2018, because we are now beginning the time which he referred to when he said, "In coming days, it will not be possible to survive spiritually without the guiding, directing, comforting, and constant influence of the Holy Ghost." And I can testify, just as he did, that "time is running out". And also that, “In coming days, we will see the greatest manifestations of the Savior's power that the world has ever seen. Between now and the time he returns 'with power and great glory,' he will bestow countless privileges, blessings and miracles upon the faithful.” These things I KNOW to be true, not because Russell M. Nelson said them, but because Russell M. Nelson said them, and then I prayed about them and God revealed to me that they are true!

Now, please don't talk to me about Skull and Bones. I KNOW about Skull and Bones - OBVIOUSLY. Indeed, I arguably know more about Russell M. Nelson and Skull and Bones than anyone reading this, and I'm telling you, as I always have, THE APPEARANCE OF EVIL DOES NOT PROVE THE EXISTENCE OF EVIL.

Understand, the devil and his minions can tell a truth just as easily as they can tell a lie.

But the Spirit testifies to ALL TRUTH, even when it leaks out of the crooked lips of an adversary. The Holy Ghost is our "secret weapon" because it insulates us from traitors amongst us, which there always are, in EVERY WAR EVER FOUGHT.

Indeed, one of the greatest skills of the adversary is telling a whole lot of truth, and then slipping one significant lie into the mix, in order to turn you just far enough that you'll miss the mark completely unless you correct course.

So again, do NOT "follow the prophet"... but when the man sustained as the prophet, seer, and revelator (little p, little s, and little r) of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints speak, LISTEN, and then do what he invites you to do nearly (if not every, I haven't done the full research) every time he speaks - PRAY ABOUT WHAT HE'S TAUGHT, and then FOLLOW THE PROMPTINGS OF THE HOLY GHOST.

One final thing.

During my sabbatical the Lord revealed a great mystery to me, and He says I can share it with you.

While washing my hands I was thinking about the end of the world, and was wondering why there is going to be a final battle AFTER the Millennium. That didn't make much sense to me, and so, like Alma, I asked the Lord to explain it to me. That night, in a dream, He did.

In the dream, the Lord asked me (and these are not exact quotes, so please don't get all pedantic on me here):

"Do you remember the question you asked me about the end of the world this morning?"

He answered with another question: "Do you know why the adversary is so angry and frustrated?"

Well, I hadn't really ever thought about that, and indeed, I've often pictured the adversary as anything but angry and frustrated. Indeed, I've often felt like he's winning the war, and is probably pretty pleased with Himself. But I know the Lord cannot lie, and I found I was insatiably curious about what He meant, and so I responded:

And then, in a way I can't quite explain, I was shown what that last battle would, in part, "look like". Don't ask me to explain it, because I can't. I do now understand why people say things like "I saw it, but not with my natural eyes", and things like that. The best I can do is to say I was "seeing" without the organ known as my eyes, and was "comprehending" in a way that I've only experienced one other time in my life.

That being said, what was happening wasn't so much a battle as it was a ROUT. Michael and his army were ROUTING the adversary and his forces. Honestly, I think the only way one could call it a "battle" is in the technical sense of the term - in that both sides had agreed to meet and engage. I got the clear sense that the adversary was realizing he should have thought ahead a bit more when he made that agreement with our Father and King.

As I "watched" what was happening, the Lord asked me: "Tell me, Justin, do you know what happens when you try to kill a resurrected being?"

And I smiled, and I responded, "absolutely nothing. For a resurrected body is incorruptible."

And the Lord responded, and I SWEAR, to me it sounded like he was amused, "That is right".

And then He asked, "Justin, how many resurrected beings do I need in order to destroy the works of darkness?"

And then *I* was amused, and I felt my heart figuratively leap out my chest, and I smiled and said, "just one".

The only thing left is for us to choose which side of the rout we wish to be on.

Or will we fail to keep our second estate and suffer a fate more terrible than you or I can imagine?

I wish you all the best as you make your decisions, and press forward in your service to our King.

Hermano mío, you explained it all beautifully.
The Lord did it! Jesus of Nazareth completed his mortal mission and defeated the adversary, the natural man, etc and overcame the world!! Be of good cheer! Be at peace! The good guys won because our Lord completed His mission!!

John 16
33 “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.”

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:29 pm I used to really like that RMN statement, but now I realize what is wrong with it. It is the "In a coming day" portion that is wrong. It is any time and all times throughout history that the Holy Ghost is required to survive spiritually. Even in times of peace one needs the spirit to thrive spiritually.
I never liked that statement, not because of the content, but because the church and its members immediately acted as though it was some kind of new revelation or something. But it was not, because as you said, we have ALWAYS needed the Holy Ghost to survive spiritually - from the first day in the Garden to the end of time and everywhere in-between. Can't tell you how many times over the last couple of years I've heard members say that was a new revelation, and I'm like, huh? Where have you been your entire time in the church? No, it certainly was not new at all. It's basic Gospel 101, and has always been the case. So thank you for mentioning that, Shawn.

This scripture came to my mind when reading the OP -

2 Nephi 28:24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion! 25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

Yes, we definitely need the Holy Ghost to survive spiritually.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Shawn Henry wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:29 pm Just one indeed. That's beautiful Justin, I love it!

I used to really like that RMN statement, but now I realize what is wrong with it. It is the "In a coming day" portion that is wrong. It is any time and all times throughout history that the Holy Ghost is required to survive spiritually. Even in times of peace one needs the spirit to thrive spiritually.
He also said those words while knowing that much of the membership has been captured in the false equivalent that "The prophet == The Holy Spirit" and that "The Holy Spirit == The prophet".

Just like Elder Hamilton demonstrated.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:54 pmNow back to that sabbatical.
Your so-called "sabbatical" lasted 3 days. :)

But you've been "watching the board, reading, learning, and privately conversing with people."

I wouldn't call that a sabbatical.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

creator wrote: February 1st, 2023, 3:14 pm
endlessQuestions wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:54 pmNow back to that sabbatical.
Your so-called "sabbatical" lasted 3 days. :)

But you've been "watching the board, reading, learning, and privately conversing with people."

I wouldn't call that a sabbatical.
You sir.

Are correct.❗️

True
captain of 100

Post by True »

endlessQuestions wrote: February 1st, 2023, 12:54 pm Hello everyone,

With a very real enemy.

God is in control.

Only He knows.

Now, that's just me.

One final thing.

I love it! Thank you for sharing. This gives me a lot of hope. I have had similar but different experiences as far as feelings about sticking with Christ’s church church and insight of things to come. God wins. Don’t give up!!

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Some of you think RMN was or still is a prophet at this point?

Just dissect his little quote there. Has there ever been a time in the history of the world when we cannot survive spiritually without the guiding influence of the HG? It’s one of the Spirit’s main roles as a member of the Godhead, to witness of truth. People look to this man as an oracle for rewording scripture.

HVDC
captain of 1,000

Post by HVDC »

EmmaLee wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:05 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: February 1st, 2023, 1:29 pm I used to really like that RMN statement, but now I realize what is wrong with it. It is the "In a coming day" portion that is wrong. It is any time and all times throughout history that the Holy Ghost is required to survive spiritually. Even in times of peace one needs the spirit to thrive spiritually.
I never liked that statement, not because of the content, but because the church and its members immediately acted as though it was some kind of new revelation or something. But it was not, because as you said, we have ALWAYS needed the Holy Ghost to survive spiritually - from the first day in the Garden to the end of time and everywhere in-between. Can't tell you how many times over the last couple of years I've heard members say that was a new revelation, and I'm like, huh? Where have you been your entire time in the church? No, it certainly was not new at all. It's basic Gospel 101, and has always been the case. So thank you for mentioning that, Shawn.

This scripture came to my mind when reading the OP -

2 Nephi 28:24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at ease in Zion! 25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

Yes, we definitely need the Holy Ghost to survive spiritually.
The starement is basically being wrongly attributed.

We could something along the lines of, "...as President Nelson reminded us..."

Sir H