Renlund, we have a Moses among us.

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Renlund, we have a Moses among us.

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

Robin Hood wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:45 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:15 am I actually don’t think we’ll have to explain anything. He knows us, he knows us!!! I’m super excited to meet Him again. It’s gonna be awesome!
Really? You think it's just going to be a one way street?
I don't think so.
Think of the time Abraham negotiated with God re. Sodom. Or the famous scripture in Isaiah 1:18, "Come now... let us reason together".
I agree it can be a positive experience, but we're are going to have to contribute to the interview.
Oh, I think we’ll be able to converse and share, but there’s nothing that He doesn’t know. Nothing we’ll be sharing that is news to Him. So, yeah, I could see it both ways.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Just as long as it's not Moses Sithole (yes, that's how it's spelled.), the ABC Strangler. That's a.Moses we don't want among us.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moses_Sithole
Last edited by Niemand on February 1st, 2023, 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Yes, we should certainly avoid shitholes. :)

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:58 am Yes, we should certainly avoid shitholes. :)
Sitholes. (One "h")

Moses Sithole, the ABC Strangler.

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: February 1st, 2023, 7:32 am
Reluctant Watchman wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:58 am Yes, we should certainly avoid shitholes. :)
Sitholes. (One "h")

Moses Sithole, the ABC Strangler.
Haha, my spelling was intentional. :)

Just another way to say “sit hole.” Either way, they are full of crap.

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

We French Canadians tend to add the letter H to heverything and remove them when they should be pronounced, such as, "What time is da Ockey game tonight?"

Mike

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

Maybe Renlund was referring to Amos Moses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7GyLr7Cz2g

Mike

tribrac
captain of 1,000

Post by tribrac »

Lizzy60 wrote: January 31st, 2023, 9:23 pm Years ago a man in my ward compared Monson to Moses and I thought he was just being overzealous.
I can’t believe Renlund just said the same thing about RMN.
Strange shift I've witnessed in my lifetime. Church used to hold Jesus supreme then Joseph. Maybe Brigham would get a passing mention. Current leadership honored and deferred to those who went before.

Now Brigham has been woked out, Joseph is barely mentioned but the current president is quoted or talked about in every talk.

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Reluctant Watchman wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:52 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:49 pm Christ is HIS audience? Also, Conference finds no lack of kissing up.
Just like Moses, face to face, I guess.
That level of kissing up is how you land promotions. I assume he's trying to land a spot on an upcoming F.P. Or at least a cool gig like being assigned stewardship over a tropical paradise. 😁

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

I remember Trump warning us about Sithole countries. 😁

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

I was looking for the scripture in book of Moses where he prophesied there would be a Russell among us! Couldn't find it.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

TheDuke wrote: February 1st, 2023, 6:10 pm I was looking for the scripture in book of Moses where he prophesied there would be a Russell among us! Couldn't find it.
https://biblehub.com/psalms/72-16.htm
JPS Tanakh 1917, Ps. 72:16
May he be as a rich cornfield in the land upon the top of the mountains; May his fruit russell like Lebanon; And may they blossom out of the city like grass of the earth.
Matthew 6:20
Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and Russell cannot destroy

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

Chip wrote: January 31st, 2023, 6:22 pm Some of this stuff coming out of the church makes me think that I need to get my family out ASAP, lest we risk getting sucked into some crazy stuff in the future, perhaps amid some greater societal crisis. I think it would be better to get completely independent before they roll out the next big weirdness. They are getting just like cult leaders who sense things slipping and they come up with new provocations to yank, yank, YANK on those psychological drawstrings. All fear based, too - nothing happy about calling the church "the Savior" or considering RMN to be "a Moses". It's all just claustrophobic and suffocating. Weird, too, that many members are just giddy about stuff like this.
Without guessing the future, we have already witnessed their acceptance of LGBT. They have already attempted to modify our genetic structure that God gave us calling it a godsend. Meaning new and improved satanic counterfeit. They have already proven to be more strict than government in following satanic guidelines. They call themselves prophets, but haven't said anything prophetic in 100 years. Unless you count predicting calamity, which even a dumb arse can see coming. They praise Biden and Schwab, two of the most evil men on earth.

I would say that staying in a sinking boat is stupid, especially when the scriptures state that the boat will sink. Should we follow God and His word, or 15 democrats whose political party is ran by satan himself?

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

blitzinstripes wrote: February 1st, 2023, 2:21 pm
Original_Intent wrote: January 31st, 2023, 5:49 pm Christ is HIS audience? Also, Conference finds no lack of kissing up.
That level of kissing up is how you land promotions. I assume he's trying to land a spot on an upcoming F.P. Or at least a cool gig like being assigned stewardship over a tropical paradise. 😁
This has become quite apparent under Nelson. Church leaders must show their undying love and choke back the tears as they talk about "our beloved prophet." It's sickening, and blatant. It's like those North Koreas who just lose it when the Great Leader pays them a visit. It's so authoritarian, so cult-like. I'm embarrassed every time I see it, and it happens more and more. Someone posted awhile back how much each prophet at the time is quoted and Nelson now is totally off the charts. Nelson is quoted more than Jesus.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

Trucker wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:50 pm
This has become quite apparent under Nelson. Church leaders must show their undying love and choke back the tears as they talk about "our beloved prophet." It's sickening, and blatant. It's like those North Koreas who just lose it when the Great Leader pays them a visit. It's so authoritarian, so cult-like. I'm embarrassed every time I see it, and it happens more and more. Someone posted awhile back how much each prophet at the time is quoted and Nelson now is totally off the charts. Nelson is quoted more than Jesus.
I once went to an RLDS Church meeting near Manchester here in England. The RLDS president was going to be there so I thought it would be interesting.
There wasn't a lot of people in attendance, probably about 40 in all.
What surprised me was the attitude of the members and their interaction with Pres. McMurray. There was no security detail, no standing up when he walked in, no deference. He laughed and joked with everyone as they did with him, was clearly on first name terms with several people, and stayed for tea and cookies at the end of the meeting. He even spent several minutes talking to me. Additionally, I discovered he wasn't staying in a hotel as I had thought, but at one of the members homes.
I contrast that experience with when Pres. Nelson came to our stake.
Chalk and cheese.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Robin Hood wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:24 am I contrast that experience with when Pres. Nelson came to our stake.
Chalk and cheese.
If he ever decides to come here I'll pull a sickie.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Robin Hood wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:24 am
Trucker wrote: February 1st, 2023, 10:50 pm
I once went to an RLDS Church meeting near Manchester here in England. The RLDS president was going to be there so I thought it would be interesting.
There wasn't a lot of people in attendance, probably about 40 in all.
What surprised me was the attitude of the members and their interaction with Pres. McMurray. There was no security detail, no standing up when he walked in, no deference. He laughed and joked with everyone as they did with him, was clearly on first name terms with several people, and stayed for tea and cookies at the end of the meeting. He even spent several minutes talking to me. Additionally, I discovered he wasn't staying in a hotel as I had thought, but at one of the members homes.
I contrast that experience with when Pres. Nelson came to our stake.
Chalk and cheese.
It used to be like that in the LDS church too

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

When will Nelson challenge Pharaoh?

Attachments
Screenshot_20230202-195040_Brave.jpg
Screenshot_20230202-195040_Brave.jpg (165.92 KiB) Viewed 338 times

Mamabear
captain of 1,000

Post by Mamabear »

Niemand wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 12:49 pm When will Nelson challenge Pharaoh?

Nelson is Pharaoh. Binding them with false traditions, teaching idolatry and living off their riches.

TwochurchesOnly
captain of 1,000

Post by TwochurchesOnly »

Niemand wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 12:49 pm When will Nelson challenge Pharaoh?

😆💥🤣

LDS Physician
captain of 1,000

Post by LDS Physician »

I hear there is a real fancy LDS Corp - owned Maui resort out there ...

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Hey... I found a reference to Moses while studying Nephi... I wonder if the parallels are similar to RMN...
20 And now, my brethren, I have spoken plainly that ye cannot err. And as the Lord God liveth that brought Israel up out of the land of Egypt, and gave unto Moses power that he should heal the nations after they had been bitten by the poisonous serpents, if they would cast their eyes unto the serpent which he did raise up before them, and also gave him power that he should smite the rock and the water should come forth; yea, behold I say unto you, that as these things are true, and as the Lord God liveth, there is none other name given under heaven save it be this Jesus Christ, of which I have spoken, whereby man can be saved.
Wait a minute... he's passing out the poison. :)

Serragon
captain of 1,000

Post by Serragon »

Rhetoric is all they have. The church is faltering, and because there is no actual priesthood power to be found, there are no other options.

If they could point to fruit, they would. If they could point to actual revelation, they would. If they could point to Priesthood power and an abundance of Spiritual Gifts, they would.

But they can't. So all they can do is increase the emotional appeals and try and sell themselves as being the same thing as what you see in the scriptures while at the same time gutting and reforming the church to be more acceptable to the morals and standards of society at large.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

Niemand wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 10:13 am
Robin Hood wrote: February 2nd, 2023, 7:24 am I contrast that experience with when Pres. Nelson came to our stake.
Chalk and cheese.
If he ever decides to come here I'll pull a sickie.
Ha! Had to look up both those expressions. The things one learns here is astounding. :)