Chat GPT - Warning video

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Godislove
captain of 100

Chat GPT - Warning video

Post by Godislove »

What are your thoughts on this?
Harmless advancement in technology or something more sinister?
This video was definitely an eye opener for me!

https://youtu.be/1EDqNyefUmM
Last edited by Godislove on January 31st, 2023, 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Re: Chat GPT - Warning video

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Sinister.

Godislove
captain of 100

Post by Godislove »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: January 31st, 2023, 8:50 pm Sinister.
Whole heartedly agree. :)

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

creator wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 2:26 pm
That was very interesting. The core purpose is of course that the rich stay rich and the poor lose their livelihoods.

I heard Chat GPT described as a probabilistic search engine. If people keep behaving like NPCs and stereotypes, it will win over them.

madvin
captain of 1,000

Post by madvin »

I like the phrase "fear marketing". That can be used for so many things happening today, including my favorite subject. I don't know creator, but if it wasn't for the bad language, I'd think Adam was creator...

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

You should assume that every new technological advancement will be weaponized against you

Our choices are to learn and use these technologies ourselves to level the playing field as much as possible.

Stand by and watch them be used against us

Pray

JuneBug12000
captain of 1,000

Post by JuneBug12000 »

markharr wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:24 pm You should assume that every new technological advancement will be weaponized against you

Our choices are to learn and use these technologies ourselves to level the playing field as much as possible.

Pray
OR. . . Use the power of God to set armies at defiance.

If disciples of Christ don't believe in the miracles and power of Christ, the war is lost no matter your defense.

Subcomandante
captain of 1,000

Post by Subcomandante »

Any new technology, when used as a tool, can be a great benefit to ourselves and for humanity.

Any time we let it become our master, we convert ourselves into its slave.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

JuneBug12000 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:41 pm
markharr wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 3:24 pm You should assume that every new technological advancement will be weaponized against you

Pray
OR. . . Use the power of God to set armies at defiance.

If disciples of Christ don't believe in the miracles and power of Christ, the war is lost no matter your defense.

That is where the pray comes in. God doesn't send deliverers to haughty and prideful people.

He sends deliverers to people who have been brought down to their knees through the fires of tribulation and that pour out their hearts continually to him.

markharr
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by markharr »

I see a lot of similarities between the American people and the people of Massada.

Believing we are in this impenetrable fortress that the Roman army could never reach.

Laughing as the Roman army starts building the ramp. Certain that they could never close that gap. Each day ad the ramp grows becoming less certain until the day the Roman Army is pushing the siege engine up the completed ramp.

Then they started praying.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

He's spot on. Here are a few observations I've noticed:

Ironically, AI has been released to the public for free for a REASON! You are training the AI as we speak, for free. :o

AI relies entirely on data sets available online. The more data sets it is trained on, the more unreliable the output. The fewer data sets the better. In other words, if you use ChatGPT, focus on asking it one thing at a time. ChatGPT will have a meltdown if you ask it several complex questions at once, it'll just make stuff up.

Babies are literally smarter than AI can ever hope to be, and this is not only my opinion but people in the industry itself.

The AI output is just guessing, it will make completely make stuff up; you'll need to verify the information that it spits out, and that is why you still need humans. In fact, AI is heavily reliant on current data from humans, so I see that as a major growth field now. (Hint, Hint)

The AI is stupid, and will simply guess with insufficient data, unlike humans. For example, type this sentence into ChatGPT: "Jaguar are they fast?" AI is going to make one of two assumptions, either it will assume you are referring to the animal, or that you are referring to the car. Whereas, a human can understand that isolated sentence using skills that AI will never have. For example, if you are at the zoo and your kid asks you that question, you automatically know exactly what you are referring to.

AI should be used as a tool, but shouldn't replace our brains. We have enough useful idiots running already.

Earlier I was looking to see if anyone had blogs that focused on writing fiction. Specifically, blogs that showed someone starting with no experience and journaling their progress. I was not having much luck with Google, so I thought I would give ChatGPT a whirl. Well, it confidently provided me with several blogs with descriptions that fit my criteria. When I went to verify the sites, they didn't even exist. I found it quite humorous, it may be a great way to come up with a unique blog name though (useful as a tool). Here are a few that it spit out, based on my prompt "Are there any blogs that show a journey of someone learning to write fiction?" Here is the results, Enjoy!:

Yes, there are several blogs that document the journey of individuals learning to write fiction. These blogs often provide valuable insights, tips, and personal experiences related to the process of writing and developing skills in fiction writing. Here are a few examples:

"The Writing Quest" (thewritingquest.com): This blog follows the journey of a beginner writer on their quest to become a skilled fiction writer. It shares personal anecdotes, tips, and resources for aspiring writers. The blog covers topics like storytelling techniques, world-building, and overcoming creative blocks.

"The Novice Scribe" (thenovicescribe.com): This blog shares the experiences and progress of a beginner writer as they embark on their writing journey. It offers practical advice, writing exercises, and reflections on the challenges faced by novice writers. The blog covers topics such as character development, plot structure, and finding your writing voice.

"Writing for Beginners" (writingforbeginners.com): This blog is specifically designed for beginner writers seeking guidance and support. It provides step-by-step instructions, writing prompts, and articles on various aspects of fiction writing. The blog covers topics like creating compelling settings, crafting engaging dialogue, and building tension in storytelling.

"The Fiction Diary" (thefictiondiary.com): This blog serves as a diary of a beginner writer's experiences in the world of fiction writing. It offers insights, reflections, and progress updates as the writer develops their skills. The blog covers topics such as story structure, character arcs, and the editing process.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I believe I encountered AI being used to defend the lockdowns. It would come out with standard lines about "conspiracy theorists" and all the rest. As soon as you asked something that wasn't one of the usual clichés then it would fall silent.

Possibly also earlier. There were basic bots that would introduce something about the American Republicans and Democrats into every conversation... sometimes they would insert these comments into places where they were completely irrelevant like discussions about/in other countries.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

anonymous91 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:55 pm Ironically, AI has been released to the public for free for a REASON! You are training the AI as we speak, for free. :o
The same technique used to create the Wikipedia monster. Unpaid labour.
Babies are literally smarter than AI can ever hope to be, and this is not only my opinion but people in the industry itself.
AI has some more practical uses. One of these is in pattern recognition. It's getting far less press, but AI has made a number of archaeological discoveries via Google Earth, mainly in desert areas. Another use is in trying to find anomalies in the human body. A doctor in our stake has told me it is becoming ever better at discovering tumours. The military and police have their eye on it for similar reasons.

Chat GPT works on probability and computers are very good at calculations. They are superior to humans in the area of pure mathematics.
The AI is stupid, and will simply guess with insufficient data, unlike humans. For example, type this sentence into ChatGPT: "Jaguar are they fast?" AI is going to make one of two assumptions, either it will assume you are referring to the animal, or that you are referring to the car. Whereas, a human can understand that isolated sentence using skills that AI will never have. For example, if you are at the zoo and your kid asks you that question, you automatically know exactly what you are referring to.
To be fair, I would struggle with that question and ask for clarification if it was out of the blue. I would think of the cat first, and then the car. Then you'd have to ask what they mean by fast (since it's all relative). Jaguar cars can move fast. I imagine jaguar cats can also pounce fast as apex predators.
Earlier I was looking to see if anyone had blogs that focused on writing fiction. Specifically, blogs that showed someone starting with no experience and journaling their progress. I was not having much luck with Google, so I thought I would give ChatGPT a whirl.
Blogs seem to have been cordoned off from search engines these days. I know this because I run one myself. This is a pity as some of the best content about local history and culture is to be found on them.

I find it bizarre that it struggles with trying to find anything about writing. There are lots of the things. I know several people who have websites on this subject. Maybe Chat GPT struggles to sift them out, or maybe the issue is that Google dislikes blogs, because they are one of the few parts of the internet which is still relatively democratic.

I looked up some of the links you gave me. This is close. It looks completely AI generated. The art is AI, the language is slightly off, and even the generic photograph of some vaguely black/ethnically nondescript woman with the ridiculously big hair is off. (How would she sleep on all that?)
https://www.writingbeginner.com/

Novice Scribe pops up here. Rotten teenage writing from 2011.
https://www.teenink.com/users/TheNoviceScribe

Fiction Diary is the name of an Instagram account. So all of these have come from somewhere.

If you want the real deal, there is Christy Anne Jones. She's an Aussie living in Japan who talks about trying different writing routines. Unlike some YouTubers, I find her pleasant to listen to.

https://youtube.com/@christy-anne-jones

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Can't wait for the flying carpets tho! I think God has secret gifts and certain ‘storehouses’ laid up for us once pandora opens her box. Either that or he’ll be quick to provide.

Hiker
captain of 100

Post by Hiker »

Another reason why you need to get a graphene OS phone! It's time to stop using Google and apple products

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Hiker wrote: May 24th, 2023, 6:57 pm Another reason why you need to get a graphene OS phone! It's time to stop using Google and apple products
Easier said than done. They're hideously expensive for one.

Hiker
captain of 100

Post by Hiker »

Niemand wrote: May 25th, 2023, 3:54 am
Hiker wrote: May 24th, 2023, 6:57 pm Another reason why you need to get a graphene OS phone! It's time to stop using Google and apple products
Easier said than done. They're hideously expensive for one.
You can get a refurbish phone at Back Market for a couple $100

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I did a search for thefictiondiary.com and got hits for something called the fiction diary on instagram - so maybe it is only half-lying, or it thinks the definition of blog includes social media platforms0

I agree with your conclusions.
anonymous91 wrote: May 23rd, 2023, 9:55 pm

He's spot on. Here are a few observations I've noticed:

Ironically, AI has been released to the public for free for a REASON! You are training the AI as we speak, for free. :o

AI relies entirely on data sets available online. The more data sets it is trained on, the more unreliable the output. The fewer data sets the better. In other words, if you use ChatGPT, focus on asking it one thing at a time. ChatGPT will have a meltdown if you ask it several complex questions at once, it'll just make stuff up.

The AI output is just guessing, it will make completely make stuff up; you'll need to verify the information that it spits out, and that is why you still need humans. In fact, AI is heavily reliant on current data from humans, so I see that as a major growth field now. (Hint, Hint)

AI should be used as a tool, but shouldn't replace our brains. We have enough useful idiots running already.

Earlier I was looking to see if anyone had blogs that focused on writing fiction. Specifically, blogs that showed someone starting with no experience and journaling their progress. I was not having much luck with Google, so I thought I would give ChatGPT a whirl. Well, it confidently provided me with several blogs with descriptions that fit my criteria. When I went to verify the sites, they didn't even exist. I found it quite humorous, it may be a great way to come up with a unique blog name though (useful as a tool). Here are a few that it spit out, based on my prompt "Are there any blogs that show a journey of someone learning to write fiction?" Here is the results, Enjoy!:

Yes, there are several blogs that document the journey of individuals learning to write fiction. These blogs often provide valuable insights, tips, and personal experiences related to the process of writing and developing skills in fiction writing. Here are a few examples:

"The Writing Quest" (thewritingquest.com): This blog follows the journey of a beginner writer on their quest to become a skilled fiction writer. It shares personal anecdotes, tips, and resources for aspiring writers. The blog covers topics like storytelling techniques, world-building, and overcoming creative blocks.

"The Novice Scribe" (thenovicescribe.com): This blog shares the experiences and progress of a beginner writer as they embark on their writing journey. It offers practical advice, writing exercises, and reflections on the challenges faced by novice writers. The blog covers topics such as character development, plot structure, and finding your writing voice.

"Writing for Beginners" (writingforbeginners.com): This blog is specifically designed for beginner writers seeking guidance and support. It provides step-by-step instructions, writing prompts, and articles on various aspects of fiction writing. The blog covers topics like creating compelling settings, crafting engaging dialogue, and building tension in storytelling.

"The Fiction Diary" (thefictiondiary.com): This blog serves as a diary of a beginner writer's experiences in the world of fiction writing. It offers insights, reflections, and progress updates as the writer develops their skills. The blog covers topics such as story structure, character arcs, and the editing process.