None of these people have souls

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: None of these people have souls

Post by Niemand »

Lexew1899 wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 10:38 am In a decade or so AI will probably be able to make AI tv shows, scripted, directed, and acted all by AI.
It's like pop music. A lot of singers are so autotuned and the song writing so bland and formulaic that it would make little difference.

If you mechanise people others won't notice when they're replaced.
FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 9:23 am Sister Brown looks a little high today with those tiny pinhole pupils.
Reminds of the time when I was pulled over by the police one night and the officer said to me, "why are your pupils so small?"

I just replied, "Because you're shining a light into them."

Which was true.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

=Niemand post_id=1319431
Reminds of the time when I was pulled over by the police one night and the officer said to me, "why are your pupils so small?"

I just replied, "Because you're shining a light into them."

Which was true.
πŸ˜‚ Made me laugh out loud. Reminds me of the time I got pulled over for drunk driving cuz I spaced off turning off my brights.

I'm sure sister Brown was just filled with the spirit that day πŸ˜‚

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

It looks like the ears is what it really screws up. Ears never match.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Some software developer somewhere is busy reading this and thinking... must improve ears, fingers etc.

Closer to home...
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=14567
Attachments
14567.png
14567.png (17.06 KiB) Viewed 1097 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Having clicked on the link in a later post, I have to say that I love-love-love random face generators ! (Hopefully not too early in the thread to say this.)
Lexew1899 wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 3:49 am I don't mean to sound controversial or mean when I say this, but none of these people, NONE, have a soul. You might ask, how? How do I know they don't have a soul? First, just look at them. Elder Makaveli definitely doesn't have a soul. Neither does Sister Brown. None of them do. Just look at them, and see if you can tell why.
Elder Makaveli
Sister Brown
Ken
Susan
Amir
Emi
Sven
Ali
BjΓΆrn
Hana

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

"Bored Panda" Used AI To See What These 23 Popular Cartoon Characters Would Look Like In Real Life

I was impressed with the quality of the "real" pictures of the characters, though a few looked a little weird.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Silver Pie wrote: ↑November 9th, 2022, 6:42 pm "Bored Panda" Used AI To See What These 23 Popular Cartoon Characters Would Look Like In Real Life

I was impressed with the quality of the "real" pictures of the characters, though a few looked a little weird.
Most of them are really good apart from Bart and Milhouse.

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

gruden2.0 wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 6:16 pm It looks like the ears is what it really screws up. Ears never match.
... and teeth. I want to pull out their dentures and put them back in their mouths correctly. :lol: (slightly out of alignment with the face)

I have seen some AI with 3 central incisors, some the incisors do not line up with the nose. The individual tooth will be straight on one side and rounded on the other.

Fun to look for errors....

And then we factor in the fun aspect of the human face having errors (deformities) of its own

Momma J
captain of 1,000

Post by Momma J »

I have been tempted to add pictures of soulless people who are running the world...

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Momma J wrote: ↑November 10th, 2022, 4:56 am
gruden2.0 wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 6:16 pm It looks like the ears is what it really screws up. Ears never match.
... and teeth. I want to pull out their dentures and put them back in their mouths correctly. :lol: (slightly out of alignment with the face)

I have seen some AI with 3 central incisors, some the incisors do not line up with the nose. The individual tooth will be straight on one side and rounded on the other.

And then we factor in the fun aspect of the human face having errors (deformities) of its own
The human body has a degree of bilateral symmetry, but not quite. There is enough there to throw a machine out although that will be adjusted in time. There is this prevailing notion that people with more symmetrical faces are more beautiful, I agree up to a point, but there is more to it than that.

People's ears are *not* symmetrical. They maybappear so at first, but are slightly off from one another so that they can pick up sound variations and find the direction a sound may be coming from. I also find in a few cases people's ears look very different. For some years I had a bump on one of mine that has since grown out, for example. They can also stick out by varying angles.

Then of course there are cauliflower ears, a common problem among rugby forwards, although many players take precautions (scrum caps, tape etc). Don't expect to see these in an AI. Ken above has very symmetrical ears. Here's a severe case of cauliflower ear from rugby.
Attachments
th-1664328366.jpg
th-1664328366.jpg (48.49 KiB) Viewed 989 times

h_p
captain of 1,000

Post by h_p »

Momma J wrote: ↑November 10th, 2022, 4:56 am ... and teeth. I want to pull out their dentures and put them back in their mouths correctly. :lol: (slightly out of alignment with the face)

Like this one? He's actually real. I think you're right. The biggest unintended side effect of this AI stuff is going to be that people will start seeing fakeness in real pictures, stuff that isn't there, and we're just going to doubt reality more and more. This has probably already been happening for a long time, now that I think about it, even before AI-generated images, thanks to movie special effects and stuff.
37.jpg
37.jpg (152 KiB) Viewed 985 times

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Yep.
Niemand wrote: ↑November 10th, 2022, 2:34 am
Silver Pie wrote: ↑November 9th, 2022, 6:42 pm "Bored Panda" Used AI To See What These 23 Popular Cartoon Characters Would Look Like In Real Life

Most of them are really good apart from Bart and Milhouse.

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Technology is growing at an insane rate right now. It is causing major controversy too, such as this AI program that can literally copy famous artists' work. Corridor Crew delves into the latest AI advancements in several of their videos, including deep fakes.
and here is a video of a Deep fake of Keanu Reeve's stopping a Robbery

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Deep fakes are more concerning than fake people. They can be used to create all kinds of things. Become more sceptical of the news than you are already.

JessieJim
Hi, I'm new.

Post by JessieJim »

At first, I didn't understand, but thanks for the explanation.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

JessieJim wrote: ↑November 28th, 2022, 7:50 pm At first, I didn't understand, but thanks for the explanation.
Yes, at first, it's like, "Is this a judgment call?" Then you realize they are made-up people.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

anonymous91 wrote: ↑November 14th, 2022, 6:45 pm Technology is growing at an insane rate right now. It is causing major controversy too, such as this AI program that can literally copy famous artists' work. Corridor Crew delves into the latest AI advancements in several of their videos, including deep fakes.
and here is a video of a Deep fake of Keanu Reeve's stopping a Robbery

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑November 30th, 2022, 5:46 pm
That was good. :D

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

anonymous91
captain of 100

Post by anonymous91 »

Niemand wrote: ↑December 1st, 2022, 5:36 am
This is funny. Reminds me of when I was on my mission, and our Landlord was raising a bunch of cocks for fighting (obviously illegal and inhuman, but not where I was serving). He probably had a good 40+ roosters. The problem though is those roosters were crowing constantly and incessantly driving us crazy.

Eventually, we ended up getting earplugs to sleep through the night, but I was really tempted to get an air gun and get a little target practice in.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Post by Lexew1899 »

Gentlemen, I regret to inform you AI has taken the next step in photo generation. I introduce you, The Swedish Triplets. [MODERATOR EDIT]
Last edited by Lexew1899 on January 30th, 2023, 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dusty Wanderer
captain of 1,000

Post by Dusty Wanderer »

Cruiserdude wrote: ↑November 8th, 2022, 4:48 am They're actually redheads?
Beware of the daywalkers.

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

WUT

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

FoxMammaWisdom wrote: ↑January 30th, 2023, 11:43 am
WUT
Don't tell me you didn't know redheads steal souls because they don't have one??? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜
I had originally forgot my laughing smiley on that post you quoted ....it was meant in jestπŸ‘

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Some people don't mind the extra fingers