Who was/is the last person with Priesthood keys?

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.

President Nelson has them
22%
The church members collectively (body of Christ) have them
9%
Denver Snuffer has them
6%
They were lost after polygamy was rejected
No votes
They were lost after Brigham Young
No votes
They were lost after Joseph Smith
25%
They were lost by Joseph Smith during his lifetime
3%
Joseph Smith never had any keys, but someone else did/does
No votes
Someone else has them (explain in comments)
6%
No one had/has keys
19%
Other
9%

Total votes: 32
Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Meaning, for the whole church. If you pick Other, please explain.

Baurak Ale
Nauvoo Legion Captain

Re: Who was/is the last person with Priesthood keys?

Post by Baurak Ale »

Other possibility:
Keys of gathering Israel and of sealing went West with BY and the 12; the LDS leadership still has them but the sealing keys are also with some fundamentalists.
The keys of presidency and of the mysteries went north with Strang and left the earth with his death, to be restored by God’s appointment someday or through a resurrected JS.

Joseph Smith said that anyone who gets the first ordinances and principles of the gospel right has some portion of the priesthood, so most if not all Mormon offshoots have priesthood, but the keys are not centralized yet.

Those are my thoughts.

simpleton
captain of 1,000

Post by simpleton »

I don't know personally if there are "working" keys at this moment in time that opens any of the doors of Heaven. But, I do think that this below is about to transpire. Well, the first part I think already has, the part about the priesthood failing I think already has, and the part about all of the wickedness most definitely is transpiring right now amongst us.
The new Priest "unto whom rightly belongs the priesthood" I think is about to arrive upon the scene.
Testament of Levi:

.....And in the seventh week shall become priests, who are idolaters, adulterers, lovers of money, proud, lawless, lascivious, abusers of children and beasts.

And after their punishment shall have come from the Lord, the priesthood shall fail. Then shall the Lord raise up a new priest. And to him all the words of the Lord shall be revealed; And he shall execute a righteous judgement upon the earth for a multitude of days. And his star shall arise in heaven as of a king. Lighting up the light of knowledge as the sun the day, And he shall be magnified in the world. He shall shine forth as the sun on the earth, And shall remove all darkness from under heaven, And there shall be peace in all the earth. The heavens shall exult in his days, And the earth shall be glad, And the clouds shall rejoice, And the knowledge of the Lord shall be poured forth upon the earth, as the water of the seas; And the angels of the glory of the presence of the Lord shall be glad in him. The heavens shall be opened, And From the temple of glory shall come upon him sanctification, With the Father's voice as from Abraham to Isaac. And the glory of the Most High shall be uttered over him, And the spirit of understanding and sanctification shall rest upon him in the water. For he shall give the majesty of the Lord to His sons in truth for evermore; And there shall none succeed him for all generations for ever. And in his priesthood the Gentiles shall be multiplied in knowledge upon the earth, And enlightened through the grace of the Lord: In his priesthood shall sin come to an end, And the lawless shall cease to do evil. And the just shall rest in him. And he shall open the gates of paradise, And shall remove the threatening sword against Adam. And he shall give to the saints to eat from the tree of life, And the spirit of holiness shall be on them. And Beliar shall be bound by him, And he shall give power to His children to tread upon the evil spirits. And the Lord shall rejoice in His children, And be well pleased in His beloved ones for ever. Then shall Abraham and Isaac and Jacob exult, And I will be glad, And all the saints shall clothe themselves with joy.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

At the end of the day, the Church seeks it's own self-preservation at the expense of being able to admit it can be wrong (incapacity to renew itself).

Ideally, 'keys' would be viewed as being a means of bringing-together heaven and earth, bringing unseen and seen things into One.

But the modern LDS church sees 'keys' (largely due to corrupted tradition) as a defensive cudgel, a weapon with which to browbeat the lower rungs in order to hide the nakedness of the higher.

'Aristocracy' as a concept is not inherently bad. Aristocracy serves a purpose, despite modern fantasies of radical egalitarianism, and it is literally carved into the nature of creation which has its own implications on the human scale in social hierarchies. But LDS 'aristocrats' (church leadership) assume all the privileges of a legitimate aristocracy, while also somehow being severely lacking in the qualities and benefits a traditional aristocracy could provide.

The ideal relationship between a noble aristocracy and the masses has always been conceived as sort of a mutually-loving give-and-take between the emblematic classes and the corporal masses, where both serve each other, *substance* from below (tithing), and *meaning* from above.

LDS church leadership (the Head) have tithing as substance from below (the Body), and yet are incapable of providing half a shred of meaning, the one main thing a good aristocracy is meant to be a vehicle for. They are aristocrats who can take up *substance* from below, but, unlike a proper aristocracy, they can't reciprocate by providing *meaning* from above.

abijah
pleb in zion

Post by abijah »

Tl;Dr, I think God will do what He has always done when the establishment prophets tout fake keys without having a capacity to renew.

He'll call a real prophet ~in the wilderness~ like John the Baptist (separated from the power establishment of the Pharisees, and the control over the Temple Complex of the Sadducees).

Cruiserdude
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Cruiserdude »

abijah wrote: January 28th, 2023, 3:34 pm ... being unable to admit it can be wrong (incapacity to renew itself).
I really like how that principle is illustrated with the way you worded that 👍

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

If there are legitimate Second Anointings being performed, then all the Priesthood keys are on the earth.

There are other numerous keys which may or may not be on the earth, but I tend to think that these would fall under the category of “keys of knowledge” rather than “keys of Priesthood”.

I am a personal witness to the workings of true Priesthood on earth—it is still here, and, as Joseph, Brigham, and co. prophesied—it will never leave.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Early results so far but what they look like at the moment is interesting 👀

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

I feel very strongly about this topic, given the amount of actual, soul-destroying deception concerning this topic I’ve witnessed both personally and on this forum. (I have literally witnessed people become filled with satan and rage against the very idea of Priesthood being on the earth, denying their children baptism and what have you, only to watch their children go off the rails and then wonder why it happened).

Joseph Smith is a good person to get facts from on this matter:

“My feelings at the present time are that, inasmuch as the Lord Almighty has preserved me until today, He will continue to preserve me, by the united faith and prayers of the Saints, until I have fully accomplished my mission in this life, and so firmly established the dispensation of the fullness of the priesthood in the last days, that all the powers of earth and hell can never prevail against it.” (Joseph Smith, 31 August 1842, TPJS 258)

You either believe the Prophet Joseph Smith or you don’t.

I’m not passing judgment on where the Priesthood is, although I have a pretty good idea.

But it’s here. Don’t doubt it.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

“I can tell you something more, brethren and sisters, and friends, and the United States, and all the world; the Lord Almighty will not suffer His Priesthood to be again driven from the earth, even should He permit the wicked to kill and destroy this people. The Government of the United States and all the kings of the world may go to war with us, but God will preserve a portion of the meek and humble of this people to bear off the Kingdom to the inhabitants of the earth, and will defend His Priesthood; for it is the last time, the last gathering time; and He will not suffer the Priesthood to be again driven from the earth. They may massacre men, women, and children; but the Lord will not suffer them to destroy the Priesthood; and I say to the Saints, that, if they will truly practise their religion, they will live, and not be cut off.” (Brigham Young, 18 February 1855, JD 2:183-184)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I voted that Joseph Smith was the last one. I could have said Denver Snuffer, but I don't know if he holds any keys, and if he does, he certainly doesn't hold them for the whole (LDS) Church.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

abijah wrote: January 28th, 2023, 3:56 pm Tl;Dr, I think God will do what He has always done when the establishment prophets tout fake keys without having a capacity to renew.

He'll call a real prophet ~in the wilderness~ like John the Baptist (separated from the power establishment of the Pharisees, and the control over the Temple Complex of the Sadducees).
Its essentially a dead thing living on the carcasses of the past. It is not a living church anymore.

TheDuke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by TheDuke »

Luke wrote: January 28th, 2023, 4:57 pm If there are legitimate Second Anointings being performed, then all the Priesthood keys are on the earth.
I just posted a comment about this on another thread. I don't see how the second anointing is aligned with "all" the PH keys. BTW not sure there is ever an "all" or the "fullness" ever means all. I tried to discuss this on another PH thread last week. But, PH is the power to act in god's name. It can mean or be anything. It can be a one time mission or a lifetime authority. It may be for one generation or power to pass it on. It may come from angels or HG depending on the breadth. Mostly it is for one self and perhaps one's family. But, some, at this time or dispensation, are for administration. Admin is not prophesying or such. Like Eli, who was an official admin, then Samuel the prophet, there is a difference in PH authority, authority is keys. Too vague of a question. but, while I get frustrated with how RMN handles some things, like Eli, he has the keys passed down from JS to at least administer, pass on the keys, and perform sealings in the ordinances. I know this because when I doubted, say 3+ years ago, the Lord straightened me out.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Luke wrote: January 28th, 2023, 4:57 pm If there are legitimate Second Anointings being performed, then all the Priesthood keys are on the earth.
Nope. Only Jesus has the keys to the resurrection.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 7:37 pm
abijah wrote: January 28th, 2023, 3:56 pm Tl;Dr, I think God will do what He has always done when the establishment prophets tout fake keys without having a capacity to renew.

Its essentially a dead thing living on the carcasses of the past. It is not a living church anymore.

Death warmed over is not life.

Ferrisbueller
captain of 100

Post by Ferrisbueller »

Many have the priesthood but and some have the keys but the power of the priesthood is completely a whole different beast. Even if you have the keys they CANNOT operate if you are not worthy to do so. The power of the priesthood comes only through someone’s own personal righteousness. You can have the keys but they only work if pure righteousness is there and the heavens open and your given power and authority from God.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Silver Pie wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:02 pm
Nope. Only Jesus has the keys to the resurrection.
Yes, there are obviously keys such as the keys of resurrection or keys of creation which no man holds. Should have clarified that by saying “all the Priesthood keys which can be held by man on earth”.

TheChristian
captain of 100

Post by TheChristian »

Jesus of Nazerath our Great High Priest.
.Our Lord Jesus the Eternal High Priest descended from Heaven to earth and offered up not animals as sacrifice , but Himself the very Eternal God and Father of all creation.
.God the true High Priest had wrought the eternal atonement Himself by His shed blood apon the cross.
We now come to the Lord not thru men officiating on our behalf as in the days of Aaron and his priestly descendents, but to Christ Himself, our Great High Priest in heaven.
Our God, our King, our Redeemer, our Saviour, our High Priest and Mediator, our one true God acting in all these roles for our salvation.
And thru the long centuries men have been able to come unto Him for mercy, forgiveness and blessings from His hands.

For He changes not, the same , yesterday, today and forever.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

TheChristian wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:57 pm Jesus of Nazerath our Great High Priest.
.Our Lord Jesus the Eternal High Priest descended from Heaven to earth and offered up not animals as sacrifice , but Himself the very Eternal God and Father of all creation.
.God the true High Priest had wrought the eternal atonement Himself by His shed blood apon the cross.
We now come to the Lord not thru men officiating on our behalf as in the days of Aaron and his priestly descendents, but to Christ Himself, our Great High Priest in heaven.
Our God, our King, our Redeemer, our Saviour, our High Priest and Mediator, our one true God acting in all these roles for our salvation.
And thru the long centuries men have been able to come unto Him for mercy, forgiveness and blessings from His hands.

So get to work. ❗️🙂

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Luke wrote: January 29th, 2023, 12:56 am Yes, there are obviously keys such as the keys of resurrection or keys of creation which no man holds. Should have clarified that by saying “all the Priesthood keys which can be held by man on earth”.
😁 I could agree with that.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

TheChristian wrote: January 29th, 2023, 2:57 pm Jesus of Nazerath our Great High Priest.

Amen.

I would also submit that his suffering for our sins was in Gethsemane, when he sweat drops of blood, because bearing our sins and pains was incredibly difficult.

And then he spoke or sang the first part of the scripture that says, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me." I guess he was too weak to speak/sing the whole scripture, but those Jews listening would have known exactly what scripture he was quoting and would have had the opportunity to link that scripture with the fulfillment of it that was happening right before their eyes.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Therefore I command you to repent—repent, lest I smite you by the rod of my mouth, and by my wrath, and by my anger, and your sufferings be sore—how sore you know not, how exquisite you know not, yea, how hard to bear you know not. For behold, I, God, have suffered these things for all, that they might not suffer if they would repent; But if they would not repent they must suffer even as I; Which suffering caused myself, even God, the greatest of all, to tremble because of pain, and to bleed at every pore, and to suffer both body and spirit—and would that I might not drink the bitter cup, and shrink— Nevertheless, glory be to the Father, and I partook and finished my preparations unto the children of men.
D&C 19:15-19

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Silver Pie wrote: January 29th, 2023, 3:31 pm And then he spoke or sang the first part of the scripture that says, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me." I guess he was too weak to speak/sing the whole scripture, but those Jews listening would have known exactly what scripture he was quoting and would have had the opportunity to link that scripture with the fulfillment of it that was happening right before their eyes.
Psalm 22

1 MY God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?
2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.
3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.
4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.
5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.
6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.
7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,
8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.
9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.
10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.
11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.
12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.
13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.
14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.
15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.
16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.
17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.
18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture.