poll: Higher echelons of the church

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)

Higher echelons of the church are nothing more than a figment of a collective imagination.

True
47%
False
53%

Total votes: 19
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

poll: Higher echelons of the church

Post by BeNotDeceived »

are nothing more than a figment of a collective imagination.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: poll: Higher echelons of the church

Post by Niemand »

I'm not sure what you're meaning by this? There are a couple of different meanings I could take out of this.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't know what you mean.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://www.dialoguejournal.com/wp-content/uploads/sbi/articles/Dialogue_V17N02_11.pdf wrote: Although Joseph Smith, Jr., was proclaimed a prophet, seer, and revelator when he organized a new Church of Christ on 6 April 1830 in New York State, the Mormon hierarchy as an institution of leadership can be dated from 8 March 1832, when Joseph Smith ordained two men, Jesse Gause and Sidney Rigdon, to be his counselors in presiding over the Church with its few hundred members.5 It is this jurisdiction over the whole membership of the Church that distinguishes the Mormon hierarchy from other officers with subordinate jurisdiction who had functioned from the first day of the new Church's exis- tence. By the mid-1830s these men were termed "General Authorities"; and from 1832 to 1932, a total of 124 men served in that capacity. About 100 more General Authorities have served in the hierarchy since 1932.

By 1835, all of the officers and councils of officers (called "quorums") existed in the Mormon Church as they have down to the present; but the jurisdiction of Church officers in 1835 was very different from what it is today and, in fact, from what it was when the founding prophet died in 1844. Fig- ure 1 shows the jurisdiction of the Church as described in the revelation of 28 March 1835, known as section 107 in the Utah Doctrine and Covenants. By a process of slow evolution, Joseph Smith gave increasing responsibility and administrative powers to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, until by 1844 the Quorum of the Twelve was de facto the second most powerful body in the Mormon Church after the First Presidency
I’ve often wondered about events that took place on March 8
and created a keyword to better find stuff: search.php?keywords=38ii

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Brigham usurped power to the detriment of others, and so that’s when the decline began.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Are you meaning that the upper levels of church leadership as currently constituted in the 70s and FP are apostate or exercising unrighteous dominion?

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 28th, 2023, 5:46 am Brigham usurped power to the detriment of others, and so that’s when the decline began.
I find it interesting that this horrible character BY wasn’t the reason Jospeh didn’t flee to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, because Emma cried and then he left the decision to his older brother Hyrum.

Not only did Jospeh want to flee in 1844 and then was killed in the same year. BY and the saints stuck it out for another 3 years and dedicated the Nauvoo temple in 46’.

It’s all Brighams fault, just ask his haters.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:01 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 28th, 2023, 5:46 am Brigham usurped power to the detriment of others, and so that’s when the decline began.
I find it interesting that this horrible character BY wasn’t the reason Jospeh didn’t flee to the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, because Emma cried and then he left the decision to his older brother Hyrum.

Not only did Jospeh want to flee in 1844 and then was killed in the same year. BY and the saints stuck it out for another 3 years and dedicated the Nauvoo temple in 46’.

I hate sin. Leaders are not exempt from condemnation of judgments of the Lord.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Niemand wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:14 am Are you meaning that the upper levels of church leadership as currently constituted in the 70s and FP are apostate or exercising unrighteous dominion?
. . .

Very well said.❗️

That is a good way to state the nature of the situation. :!:

Does anyone have anything to add that the Lord wants said :?:

silverado
captain of 100

Post by silverado »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:22 am are nothing more than a figment of a collective imagination.
Maybe Q15 are only holograms???

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

silverado wrote: January 28th, 2023, 4:59 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:22 am are nothing more than a figment of a collective imagination.
Maybe Q15 are only holograms???
Abba are these days. I know someone who went to one of their concerts. Except the real performers weren't there.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Valo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:32 pm

I hear people say they hate liars, I sometimes ask them if they hate themselves. Sometimes I ignore them because it’s not worth the conversation.

If someone tells you “if I tell you all I know about the kingdom of heaven, you would kill me” they most likely lied to you.

I figure we are just making random statements now….

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Bronco73idi wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:09 pm

I hear people say they hate liars, I sometimes ask them if they hate themselves. Sometimes I ignore them because it’s not worth the conversation.

If someone tells you “if I tell you all I know about the kingdom of heaven, you would kill me” they most likely lied to you.

I Am not a liar although the flesh is but the body follows the mind so make sure your mind is listening to I AM.

Bronco73idi
captain of 1,000

Post by Bronco73idi »

Valo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:14 pm
Bronco73idi wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:09 pm

I Am not a liar although the flesh is but the body follows the mind so make sure your mind is listening to I AM.

What is a liar, someone who makes one lie and repents or someone who lies about every little detail?

When I was in the Navy I got to be a roommate with a pathological liar. His classmates would ask me why I was so mean when he would lie. I had no answer, I did not hate him, it was my OCD that would tell him no and that he was a liar.

I’m 3.5 months he broke down crying, saying, “I’m a liar, my dad’s a liar and I’ll always be a liar!” The last month we lived together he never lied again, we had a pleasant time.

I saw him on the other side of the country, a few months later. He had a girlfriend (as bad as a liar as he was, girls would run away) and he was so happy to see me and introduce her. I felt bad, I forgot his name.

I do know, my obnoxious strictness of calling his lies out as soon as he lied changed his life for the better, if I hated him for it I could never have done that.