What is your affiliation?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.

Member of LDS church and considered in good standing
56%
Member of LDS church and not considered in good standing
12%
Member of CoC or related
2%
Member of mormon polygamous group
2%
Member of other mormon group (DoC, Snuffer, etc)
9%
Former mormon
6%
Non-believer of Joseph Smith's claim of restoration
4%
Other
9%

Total votes: 82
Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

We've done this before, but I'm curious to see where the community is now.

HereWeGo
captain of 1,000

Re: What is your affiliation?

Post by HereWeGo »

I found that 2 were correct for me. I attend Sacrament meeting to fellowship with neighbors I love and also attend other gatherings.

I hope to be there for LDS folk who wake up to the direction the church is going. The majority who lose faith in the organization (like a couple of our kids) throw everything out--BoM, God, JS etc. I hope to be able to help them keep faith in the gospel, BoM, Joseph Smith, Jesus Christ etc. These are different than the corporation and it's leaders.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Member of the club in good standing but a member of the Church of Christ too.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Considered in good standing by whom? Myself? The bishop? God? Ward members? And what is considered "in good standing", exactly? Having a current temple recommend? Having/doing a calling? Attending church?

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

EmmaLee wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:33 pm Considered in good standing by whom? Myself? The bishop? God? Ward members? And what is considered "in good standing", exactly? Having a current temple recommend? Having/doing a calling? Attending church?
As the church views you. "In good standing" would mean not disfellowshipped or restricted in participating in Sunday services or activities. It also would mean that you are not on probation or barred from callings.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Trucker wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:42 pm
EmmaLee wrote: January 28th, 2023, 12:33 pm Considered in good standing by whom? Myself? The bishop? God? Ward members? And what is considered "in good standing", exactly? Having a current temple recommend? Having/doing a calling? Attending church?
As the church views you. "In good standing" would mean not disfellowshipped or restricted in participating in Sunday services or activities. It also would mean that you are not on probation or barred from callings.

Okay, thanks.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

I have a calling and a TR. From an organisational point of view I'm in good standing. I no longer know most of my ward since lockdowns. So from that POV things have been odd. These days I feel a bit like the loose change that fell down the back of the couch... I'm there but most people aren't aware of me!

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Niemand wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:07 pm
I have a calling and a TR. From an organisational point of view I'm in good standing. I no longer know most of my ward since lockdowns. So from that POV things have been odd. These days I feel a bit like the loose change that fell down the back of the couch... I'm there but most people aren't aware of me!
I understand. God does CU.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

A well stated definition.❗️

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Valo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:29 pm

Comprehend Us. :?:

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 28th, 2023, 6:25 pm
Valo wrote: January 28th, 2023, 1:29 pm

Comprehend Us. :?:
You can say it has to do with a credit union. But I do like comprehend us. I was just accepting the obvious, see you/CU. Although I also got a message related to CU that said, "Share Size" but maybe not right timing yet.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Trucker wrote: January 28th, 2023, 10:19 am We've done this before, but I'm curious to see where the community is now.
I couldn't mark more than one.
I voted other, because I was baptized after Denver suggested it, and I believe he was sent by God

but I also resigned membership in the LDS Church after they decided to deny baptisms and baby blessings to children of gay parents - which had nothing to do with my thoughts regarding Denver. In fact, up to that point, I was of the opinion that they'd have to kick me out.

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Isolated believer in the Book of Mormon

Reluctant Watchman
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Reluctant Watchman »

According to church records, I’m a member in good standing… no restrictions to my knowledge, haven’t been to church in two years and haven’t talked to my bishop or SP. If they choose to talk with me, the status update will certainly change on their end. :)

Where did the option go for “Dedicated follower of Jesus Christ and His gospel”?
Last edited by Reluctant Watchman on January 28th, 2023, 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I can’t answer the poll because I fit more than one category.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Wolfwoman wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:19 pm I can’t answer the poll because I fit more than one category.
Maybe just pick the closest option, or pick Other and provide an explanation.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

BuriedTartaria wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:10 pm Isolated believer in the Book of Mormon
Can you explain what you mean by this?

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Trucker wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:21 pm
BuriedTartaria wrote: January 28th, 2023, 8:10 pm Isolated believer in the Book of Mormon
Can you explain what you mean by this?
I'm not baptized in any group that I believe in. I'm baptized into the LDS church but I reject the message of their leadership claims. I drift and study and read different takes on Mormonism but I'm not entirely aligned with any specific message. So I believe in the Book of Mormon and search for truth

solonan
captain of 100

Post by solonan »

Well, if that's the case I would fall into a different category. I am not disfellowshipped or restricted and not barred, but, because I am a bit vocal and say I don't agree I am watched so no jobs etc. It's okay though, the Lord gave me a call. So when called upon by the spirit I bear witness of what I have received. Unfortunately, the leaders in this area of the vineyard say it's to special to say because it's to sacred. 🤷

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

MikeMaillet
captain of 1,000

Post by MikeMaillet »

I wrote Former Mormon even though I'm still officially on the records. In December I typed and printed a letter to the Bishop to have my name removed but then things got very busy and complicated in my life. I was taking care of an aging and ailing Mom and she passed away near the end of December. I'll be changing the date on the letter and sending it out this week. I have not been to church ever since the COVID stupidity. I believe Joseph Smith to be the Prophet for our generation and I believe the Book of Mormon to be true and divine. I also believe Isaiah in his description of our latter-day church leaders and have decided to ignore them.

Mike

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I’m a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints in good standing.

I was also baptized two years after Denver Snuffer’s invitation to be baptized.

I guess I have dual citizenship.

Luke
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Luke »

Independent Fundamentalist. I voted “polygamist group” even though I’m not in a group.

mikewoodings
captain of 10

Post by mikewoodings »

Technically I'm a member in good standing... but my beliefs would place me as an Independent Fundamentalist.

The church is pretty new where I live (Republic of Georgia) and the Book of Mormon just got translated into Georgian which I think is really awesome but at the same time I don't really feel the desire to be much of a member missionary or really even attend much myself now because I feel I can't really say what I truly believe. So as of now I just study on my own and attend the occasion activity.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

mikewoodings wrote: January 29th, 2023, 11:13 am Technically I'm a member in good standing... but my beliefs would place me as an Independent Fundamentalist.

The church is pretty new where I live (Republic of Georgia) and the Book of Mormon just got translated into Georgian which I think is really awesome but at the same time I don't really feel the desire to be much of a member missionary or really even attend much myself now because I feel I can't really say what I truly believe. So as of now I just study on my own and attend the occasion activity.
It sucks being an outcast by your own people who profess to love you.

Hang in there. ❗️