What would you do if God actually called someone to lead you?

For discussing the Church, Gospel of Jesus Christ, Mormonism, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

God actually called someone to lead you …

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Obrien wrote: January 21st, 2023, 10:01 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:39 pm
Obrien wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:21 pm Shawn - I'm not as active on the forum as I used to be, so forgive me for not knowing your perspective. So that I understand exactly what YOU mean by your post, please give me a readers digest version of the scriptures you are referencing.
I'm simply referring to the scriptures that speak of all the end-times servants, the Davidic Servant or Prince of David, the one mighty and strong, the latter-day Moses who is raised up specifically to lead us out of bondage as Moses did, the redemption of Zion happening under the servant who the Lord references in the parable, the two prophets in the book of Revelation, etc.

I hope none hear fall into that trap, but I don't see taking the holy spirit as our guide as a substitute for studying the Lord's words about these end-time servants. I feel the two are too intertwined. If we have truly taken the holy spirit as our guide, then we have followed his initial promptings to study these servants in the scriptures and we follow the spirits continued promptings to look for their coming.

It is similar to God sending John the Baptist to prepare the way for Jesus. It would not have worked out well for everyone if John had no followers because they were all convinced that the holy spirit would bypass John and lead everyone straight to Jesus. John's whole mission was to point the way.
Thanks for your response to familiarize me with your perspective.
After 40+ years of being a FTP guy, I am now more of a 2 Nephi 31 / 32 guy.
What is an FTP guy. :?:

Weird my name means spear as was also the case with the guy that almost got the world blowed up. It worked out well when it cane time to choose a pen name for me little book that would go on to be narrated by a PTP, whose latest big role was playing a friend of the friend of God on TV 📺.

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Re: God actually called someone to lead you …

Post by Obrien »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 27th, 2023, 5:50 pm
Obrien wrote: January 21st, 2023, 10:01 pm
Shawn Henry wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:39 pm
Obrien wrote: January 21st, 2023, 9:21 pm Shawn - I'm not as active on the forum as I used to be, so forgive me for not knowing your perspective. So that I understand exactly what YOU mean by your post, please give me a readers digest version of the scriptures you are referencing.
I'm simply referring to the scriptures that speak of all the end-times servants, the Davidic Servant or Prince of David, the one mighty and strong, the latter-day Moses who is raised up specifically to lead us out of bondage as Moses did, the redemption of Zion happening under the servant who the Lord references in the parable, the two prophets in the book of Revelation, etc.

I hope none hear fall into that trap, but I don't see taking the holy spirit as our guide as a substitute for studying the Lord's words about these end-time servants. I feel the two are too intertwined. If we have truly taken the holy spirit as our guide, then we have followed his initial promptings to study these servants in the scriptures and we follow the spirits continued promptings to look for their coming.

It is similar to God sending John the Baptist to prepare the way for Jesus. It would not have worked out well for everyone if John had no followers because they were all convinced that the holy spirit would bypass John and lead everyone straight to Jesus. John's whole mission was to point the way.
Thanks for your response to familiarize me with your perspective.
After 40+ years of being a FTP guy, I am now more of a 2 Nephi 31 / 32 guy.
What is an FTP guy. :?:

Weird my name means spear as was also the case with the guy that almost got the world blowed up. It worked out well when it cane time to choose a pen name for me little book that would go on to be narrated by a PTP, whose latest big role was playing a friend of the friend of God on TV 📺.
FTP = Follow The Prophet
It was a common abbreviation on the forum 7 or 8 years ago when I was more active on ldsff.