You WILL eat ze bugs - stealth additive in EU

For discussion of liberty, freedom, government and politics.
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

You WILL eat ze bugs - stealth additive in EU

Post by Original_Intent »

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cru ... -across-eu
As of yesterday, a food additive made out of powdered crickets began appearing in foods from pizza, to pasta to cereals across the European Union
“As per the decision, which cited the scientific opinion of the European Food Safety Authority, the additive is safe to use in a whole range of products, including but not limited to cereal bars, biscuits, pizza, pasta-based products, and whey powder.”
Critics suggested that once bugs become widely accepted as a food additive, their consumption will become normalized across the board.
This blows me away, they simply regulated it into the food supply. It isn't like you can choose or not choose it is simply there. I wonder if it will be illegal to label food without this additive as "Bug Free". Is the water boiling yet, Pepe?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: You WILL eat ze bugs - stealth additive in EU

Post by Niemand »

I hate to be that one, but I would like to see some other sources. One of the ones quoted is Russia Today (RT), which is a definite no-no for reposting anywhere, whether it happens to be true or not. You could just about get away with RT over here before the Ukraine invasion, but you can't now.

Anyone with half a brain can see what's happened to the internet.
* Firstly, we've been herded to a handful of websites.
* Secondly, people can now tell their bias from the web address alone. Lefty stuff gets put on the Guardian, CNN etc. Righty stuff gets put on New York Post, Telegraph etc.

If I see anything from Rumble or Info Wars for example, it will be impossible to spread the message to normies because some of them will spot the anti-establishment angle before looking at it.

It also means social media sites can automatically filter and hide the wrong content by web address alone.

PeacefulProtests
captain of 100

Post by PeacefulProtests »

My question is why? Why do they want bugs in the food supply so bad? I'm assuming its not for our health

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

PeacefulProtests wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:19 am My question is why? Why do they want bugs in the food supply so bad? I'm assuming its not for our health
Supposedly it is a more carbon neutral way to produce nutrition. It's green.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

PeacefulProtests wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:19 am My question is why? Why do they want bugs in the food supply so bad? I'm assuming its not for our health
Several reasons:
* Cheap. Easier to process in factories.
* Humiliation ritual.
* Push to veganism.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Niemand wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:17 am I hate to be that one, but I would like to see some other sources. One of the ones quoted is Russia Today (RT), which is a definite no-no for reposting anywhere, whether it happens to be true or not. You could just about get away with RT over here before the Ukraine invasion, but you can't now.

* Secondly, people can now tell their bias from the web address alone. Lefty stuff gets put on the Guardian, CNN etc. Righty stuff gets put on New York Post, Telegraph etc.

If I see anything from Rumble or Info Wars for example, it will be impossible to spread the message to normies because some of them will spot the anti-establishment angle before looking at it.

It also means social media sites can automatically filter and hide the wrong content by web address alone.
I agree, this is a good idea.

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-insects-climat ... a-64503440
https://www.eutimes.net/2023/01/eu-give ... uman-food/
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2023/01 ... ts-n693493

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Original_Intent wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:27 am
Niemand wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:17 am I hate to be that one, but I would like to see some other sources. One of the ones quoted is Russia Today (RT), which is a definite no-no for reposting anywhere, whether it happens to be true or not. You could just about get away with RT over here before the Ukraine invasion, but you can't now.

I agree, this is a good idea.

https://www.dw.com/en/eu-insects-climat ... a-64503440
https://www.eutimes.net/2023/01/eu-give ... uman-food/
https://redstate.com/alexparker/2023/01 ... ts-n693493
Thank you. I'll deffo use the DW one.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Another issue seems to be that the elite are obsessed with clearing the countryside either through so called rewilding, destroying farmers economically or other economic/infrastructure measures.

"Ze Bugz" can be produced in huge vats underneath cities and buildings in multistorey units and free up countryside for rich people's projects. No one is going to complain about factory farming crickets in the same way as cattle or sheep.

(Factory) plant based indeed.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Insects are actually a good source of food. In some areas of Asia or South America (I forgot which), you can get sold ants as a concession stand food instead of popcorn.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Durzan wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:35 am Insects are actually a good source of food. In some areas of Asia or South America (I forgot which), you can get sold ants as a concession stand food instead of popcorn.
As a CHOICE is one thing, but having it ordained to be so by our global overlords and then it just being regulated and injected into all kinds of food is not OK.

moving2zion
captain of 100

Post by moving2zion »

I saw this when it first popped up on Zerohedge. The message is out there Glenn Beck has discussed it multiple times over the last year or two on his programs. Question is, How long until they try to introduce it to the USA, Canada, Australia?

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

Durzan wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:35 am Insects are actually a good source of food. In some areas of Asia or South America (I forgot which), you can get sold ants as a concession stand food instead of popcorn.
It depends which ones. I think many of us have been ingesting cockroach parts for years without knowing it and that is not a good thing.

This is mainly a humiliation ritual though and it gets the peasants out of the countryside.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Niemand wrote: January 26th, 2023, 9:32 am This is mainly a humiliation ritual

Bingo! The main purpose of them doing this is simply to show us that they can, and they will - and we, the people, have no say in the matter. It's the overlords showing us that they are, in fact, our overlords.

Valo
captain of 100

Post by Valo »

Original_Intent wrote: January 26th, 2023, 8:07 am https://www.zerohedge.com/political/cru ... -across-eu
As of yesterday, a food additive made out of powdered crickets began appearing in foods from pizza, to pasta to cereals across the European Union
“As per the decision, which cited the scientific opinion of the European Food Safety Authority, the additive is safe to use in a whole range of products, including but not limited to cereal bars, biscuits, pizza, pasta-based products, and whey powder.”
Critics suggested that once bugs become widely accepted as a food additive, their consumption will become normalized across the board.
This blows me away, they simply regulated it into the food supply. It isn't like you can choose or not choose it is simply there. I wonder if it will be illegal to label food without this additive as "Bug Free". Is the water boiling yet, Pepe?
viewtopic.php?p=1339105#p1339105