Scientist find a Likely Photograph of Joseph Smith, after four years of Research, no evidence found against it.

Discuss political news items / current events.
Dancindebi007
Hi, I'm new.

Scientist find a Likely Photograph of Joseph Smith, after four years of Research, no evidence found against it.

Post by Dancindebi007 »

ANTHROPOLOGICAL REVIEW”, is now PUBLISHED, Paper titled, “A morphological comparison between a death mask of the American Prophet Joseph Smith and a photograph likely to depict him”; Scientists Teghan Lucas, Maciej Henneberg, and Debra Hatfield. No significant differences were found, between the death mask of Joseph Smith and an 1860s Carte De Visite, which was printed mere miles from the sons of Joseph and Emma, in Newark, Kendall County Illinois, while Joseph Smith III ran the Reorganized Church and their paper, The Saints Herald in Plano, Kendall County Illinois. TL and MH analyzed the locket photograph and found no apparent likeness (not him)...

Read the paper, published in a peer reviewed Scientific journal: https://czasopisma.uni.lodz.pl/ar/article/view/15192
And Read Debra's five years of research: https://www.theprophetsscars.com/

BuriedTartaria
Captain of Tartary

Re: Scientist find a Likely Photograph of Joseph Smith, after four years of Research, no evidence found against it.

Post by BuriedTartaria »

Compared to last year's alleged Joseph Smith photo

The two images do look similar (prominent forehead, widow's peak hairline). Maybe this new photo adds credibility to the official Joseph Smith photo of 2022.

Dancindebi007
Hi, I'm new.

Re: Scientist find a Likely Photograph of Joseph Smith, after four years of Research, no evidence found against it.

Post by Dancindebi007 »

BuriedTartaria wrote: January 8th, 2023, 6:14 pm Image

Compared to last year's alleged Joseph Smith photo

The two images do look similar (prominent forehead, widow's peak hairline). Maybe this new photo adds credibility to the official Joseph Smith photo of 2022.
Read the top right column, page 3, they state there was no apparent likeness with the Larsen Locket image to the death mask of Joseph Smith (it's not him), however the CDV does match and any minor differences are insignificant, so they cannot say it is not him (but they can say the locket photograph is not him).

Major differences between the men are seen, eyebrows, eye shape, nose shape, mouth, chin, cheekbones, I won't do a report, but they look totally different ages, at least ten years a part, the locket image shows a much... shorter guy btw.

Niemand
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Niemand »

We've had other threads on here about this. I'll just repeat what I said there in brief. Joseph Smith had close relatives who lived long after he did, well into the age of better photography. Some of those images are completely confirmed. He even has family today which is reasonably close. Some of those appear to have family resemblances. It makes sense to look at those people and see how much they resemble these alleged images.

Fred
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fred »

What about this?

CuriousThinker
captain of 1,000

Post by CuriousThinker »

I think the first looks very different from the second. The first looks more like the death mask too.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

IIRC, a couple people on LDSFF claim to have seen Joseph Smith in person (or vision, etc.). I wish they'd tell us which photo looks most like him, if any. Same with Jesus and the many different paintings of him. The people here who have said they've seen him - which paintings, if any, does he look like?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I don't know why anyone thinks this picture is Joseph Smith. His death mask provides an excellent 3D image, and none of these purported pictures are even close.

creator
(of the Forum)

Post by creator »

EmmaLee wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:12 pm IIRC, a couple people on LDSFF claim to have seen Joseph Smith in person (or vision, etc.). I wish they'd tell us which photo looks most like him, if any. Same with Jesus and the many different paintings of him. The people here who have said they've seen him - which paintings, if any, does he look like?
This one:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

creator wrote: January 25th, 2023, 4:18 pm
EmmaLee wrote: January 25th, 2023, 3:12 pm IIRC, a couple people on LDSFF claim to have seen Joseph Smith in person (or vision, etc.). I wish they'd tell us which photo looks most like him, if any. Same with Jesus and the many different paintings of him. The people here who have said they've seen him - which paintings, if any, does he look like?
This one:

Thank you. I would not have guessed it.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Cool. I hadn’t heard about it until now.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

.. his daughter ..
:arrow:

blitzinstripes
captain of 1,000

Post by blitzinstripes »

Screenshot_20221213-215243.png
Screenshot_20221213-215243.png (686.28 KiB) Viewed 570 times
^^^

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

Well so far we have two different photographs in the “I’ve seen Joseph Smith and this is what he looks like” category. 😅

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I think two people have said that Akiane’s painting of Jesus is the best likeness of him. Akiane and I think the other person was the boy from the Heaven is For Real book/movie.

I think Denver Snuffer said the LDS painting of Jesus in a red robe done by Del Parson looks more like Lucifer than Jesus.

Dancindebi007
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Dancindebi007 »

sushi_chef wrote: January 25th, 2023, 5:06 pm .. his daughter ..
:arrow:
Interesting to see what people have to say, after all we went through this summer.

I would like to say, I respect one well known woman who claims to have seen visions of Joseph, I would not cast doubt on someone else's spiritual experiences, but also find it concerning when those VERY private experiences are used to prove a point. She (unnamed) emailed me stating (a while back) that I found "it" the daguerreotype image/copy in my case, of Joseph Smith, she was convinced, and I understand it's personal to her more than the rest of us, but had no idea she was spreading it around to prove her belief had changed, as years later she emailed me stating the locket photo now looked the most like her vision.

When Jesus visited, after his resurrection, how many people did NOT recognize him, who saw him just days before? A lot. He LOOKED DIFFERENT as a resurrected man. The woman I think you all heard a statement from, or whomever- likely Saw the Prophet, many have, I believe them, but he was resurrected, maybe eating ice cream, no more scars, no more ripped skin marks, no more step deformities... The Locket image has so man problems... curly hair, his son JS III was adamant his father did NOT have curly hair in his letter to the Salt Lake Tribune (1910); the Clawson painting was WAY less curly than the locket man, yet he complained ardently! Passionately! "My father did NOT have curly hair!" Secondly, how many people said he had thick, bushy eyebrows, bettle brow, locket image has NO EYEBROWS and looks roughly around 50... and if you watch my video Sushi Chef share (thank you) you will see how greater the likeness is between Locket image man and the wife of JS III, Bertha Madison, and the locket image ,then in comparison JS III to the CDV, from a Smith ID photo album, printed where JS III lived, within 10 mile radius.

Wolfwoman
captain of 1,000

Post by Wolfwoman »

I find it interesting, and I think it would be awesome to have a photo of Joseph Smith, but it’s not that important to my own life and salvation. So I don’t have a dog in this fight.

Dancindebi007
Hi, I'm new.

Post by Dancindebi007 »

This is my response to those who think those who have had visions of Joseph Smith would be better judges of what he looked like...